Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New Journal Sq. Path Station Deli - Avoid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
A possible reason for venturing back there is the need to pee...especially with diuretics.

Posted on: 2010/8/6 14:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/12 16:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cyclotronic wrote:
I had an egg sandwich here this morning. The quality of the bagels isn't great, although they are better than the awful ones that Deli Plus sells. I'm not sure I see this place surviving. The location is really bad. Non-bus commuters would never even know it's there.

Bad location indeed. Despite taking the JSQ train everyday, I've yet to venture into the back of the PATH station. Anyone not taking a bus or buying a newspaper has absolutely no reason to go back there. Such wasted space.

Now if there were a bar back there, that'd be a different story...

Posted on: 2010/8/5 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/4 19:36
From McGinley Square / Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
I had an egg sandwich here this morning. The quality of the bagels isn't great, although they are better than the awful ones that Deli Plus sells. I'm not sure I see this place surviving. The location is really bad. Non-bus commuters would never even know it's there.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 19:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
this is the new Bagelwhich near the back of the Journal Sq Path before the restrooms. They've been building the place like forever!

Hopefully their food handling skills surpass then Deli+ and they communicate with better tounge than that of Deli+ 'cause there's nothing worse then dealing with an inept person with an accent... while someone is handling "MY" food and money.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 18:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
this is the new Bagelwhich near the back of the Journal Sq Path before the restrooms. They've been building the place like forever!

Posted on: 2010/8/5 18:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Xerxes wrote:
Has that REPLACED the old Deli-Plus or is it another location?
(Deli-Plus was on the immediate right as you entered the glass doors from the train escalator to the concourse.)

Deli Plus at the Pavonia Newport PATH was shut down by the Jersey City Dept. of Health for improper handling of food and cleanliness problems. It was obvious that the help at the JSQ Deli Plus has an English language and product knowledge deficiency I would report them for the way they timidly handle their business. I hope you are true to your word and not go back there to that third world environment.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Has that REPLACED the old Deli-Plus or is it another location?
(Deli-Plus was on the immediate right as you entered the glass doors from the train escalator to the concourse.)

Posted on: 2010/8/5 13:40

New Journal Sq. Path Station Deli - Avoid
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/3 10:24
Group:
Registered Users
I was pleased that the long-in-coming new Deli/Bagel shop in the Journal Square Path Station Concourse level was finally open...so decided to try it last night.

This place is staffed and owned by blithering idiots.

They had dozens of paper signs on their storefront advertising "specials". I went with the Chicken cutlet sandwich with fries and a soda for $3.99.

When I requested it, I was repeatedly asked what's a chicken cutlet? Finally, what appeared to be the store owner said 'ok, ok...I will make'. I said 'It's on the sign in your window...do you not make it or even have it?'

'No problem, no problem.'

Then, this idiot put a small of bag of potato chips on the counter for me. I said 'Where's the fries?' He said 'No fries'.

Then he took a frozen cutlet out of a freezer, and proceeded to put in an hot oil basket.

I told him I thought he was nuts...and said not only can you not cook, you advertise something you don't even have.

He said, "I give you a free soda" I said 'What the hell are you talking about? It's on the sandwich special sign advertised on the door."

I won't be coming back here.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 13:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017