Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: More Crime at MG
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City police charge second gunman in July 16 Montgomery Gardens shooting that hurt 5-year-old girl

Thursday, August 26, 2010
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A second man has been charged in the July 16 shooting that caused spinal damage to a Jersey City 5-year-old girl who was struck by a stray bullet during a block party at the Montgomery Gardens housing complex, officials said.

Erroll Robinson, 20, of Pine Street in Jersey City, was first arrested on July 29 at his father's home in Trenton on a warrant for a parole violation based on a drug offense committed in Jersey City in June 2009, officials announced Tuesday.

After questioning by officers with the Jersey City Police Major Case Unit, he was charged with aggravated assault and weapons offenses related to the incident in which Hasmera Clayton was wounded at 10:20 p.m. in the housing complex courtyard, officials said.

"This is the kind of crime that offends anyone's sensibilities," Jersey City Police Chief Tom Comey said last night. "We were committed to apprehending all persons responsible."

Demetrius Thompson, 18, was arrested July 17 at a residence on Bidwell Avenue and charged with aggravated assault and weapons offenses for allegedly firing the round that left Hasmera critically wounded, officials said. Two handguns were recovered in the house and a juvenile was arrested on weapons charges.

On July 16, Robinson was allegedly armed when Thompson and others approached him at Park Street and Astor Place and asked him to go with them to Montgomery Gardens, according to the investigation. Thompson said someone with whom he had an ongoing beef had run him out of the block party.

The group rode bicycles to Montgomery Gardens where Thompson and Robinson allegedly opened fire as the crowd began to scatter, according to the investigation. The next day Thompson and Robinson met at the residence on Bidwell and police arrived a short time later, police said.

Surgeons were able to remove the bullet from Hasmera's neck but it was not clear if she would regain full use of her arms and legs.

Family members at Montgomery Gardens said yesterday afternoon that Hasmera remains hospitalized at a facility in New Brunswick.

Shamera White, the child's mother, was at her bedside, relatives said, and White could not be reached to comment on the arrest or her daughter's condition.

Robinson is being held at the Hudson County jail in Kearny on a $300,000 bail.

Thompson's bail was originally set at $300,000, but following his arrest he was charged in a prior shooting in which he was allegedly targeting the same person, officials said, adding that his bail was then raised to $800,000.

The charges against both men will be presented to a grand jury.

====================================
Here is more on this charmer...
==============================

Cops: 2 drove stolen car

Friday, April 24, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Two Jersey City men found riding in a stolen car yesterday were charged with receiving stolen property and the driver was additionally charged with drug possession and driving without a license, officials said.

Kenneth Gosa, 18, of Bidwell Avenue, and Erroll D. Robinson, 19, of Park Street, were arrested at 2:01 a.m., minutes after the police radio announced a 2005 Chevrolet Impala had been stolen from Bryant Avenue, reports said.

After pulling the pair over at Bostwick Avenue and Martin Luther King Drive police found a vial of suspected cocaine in Gosa's pants pocket, reports said.

Gosa, the driver, was also charged with bail jumping after police found a warrant for his arrest out of Jersey City Municipal Court, reports said. The stolen Impala was returned to its owner, reports said.

Posted on: 2010/8/26 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stepanstas wrote:
Quote:

icechute wrote:

Sounds like a start....

Quote:

downright wrote:

Nothing wrong with pushing the bad crowds out of downtown JC. Keep them as far away from where I live as possible.

Yea, so then other neighborhoods have to deal with it. Then JC as a whole complains about the crime rate and nothing getting done except for downtown tax perks.

Funny thing you Fulopians don't realize. If he becomes mayor of JC he'll have to fight for all of JC and then the 4 other wards will want the crowds pushed back here.

As it is right now, he is doing something for the neighborhood he represents. As bad as the crime problem is in other sections of JC, I don't see those councilpersons doing a damn thing.

And yeah, of course it would be ideal if all of JC was a better place to live. However, that isn't going to happen. At the very least, I want my neighborhood to be as safe as possible. If that means moving higher class people in, and low class people out, then so be it.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

icechute wrote:

Sounds like a start....

Quote:

downright wrote:

Nothing wrong with pushing the bad crowds out of downtown JC. Keep them as far away from where I live as possible.

Yea, so then other neighborhoods have to deal with it. Then JC as a whole complains about the crime rate and nothing getting done except for downtown tax perks.

Funny thing you Fulopians don't realize. If he becomes mayor of JC he'll have to fight for all of JC and then the 4 other wards will want the crowds pushed back here.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:

downright wrote:

Sorry to say it, but 'downright' is right-on....

The sad truth is that living here for 22 years has actually turned me. I showed up in JC with an open mind and accepting of all people.

Living here however has plainly shown me where all the negative racial and cultural stereotypes come from and that they are rooted in fact.

Flame away if you must, but I know I'm right.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 14:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stepanstas wrote:
Quote:

jcboyz wrote:
Please, its not that bad! I've been living in JC for 10 years now and it is so much better today than it was 10 years ago. Downtown JC is an amazing place which seems to be getting better daily. There are more restaurants, bars and new developments appearing on what seems like a monthly basis! I'm sure you have your reasons for giving up but I am pretty excited about the prospects of Jersey City's future!

I believe Mr. Fulop will be the next mayor and we will move forward much quicker.

I think downtown has grown enough. All these buildings and stuff doesn't mean a thing. Your just pushing the "bad crowds" around. Moving them from one area of the city to another. Or if you use your theory of Fulop being mayor, he'll just push everyone out of here and there will be a near crime less city with people from NY. However much crime there is, the people are just as much residents of the city as we are. Getting more people in here is not the solution.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 13:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:

stepanstas wrote:
Or if you use your theory of Fulop being mayor, he'll just push everyone out of here and there will be a near crime less city with people from NY.

Sounds like a start....

Posted on: 2010/8/5 13:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mingus_ah_um wrote:
I hear you, Hospitality; welcome to the American nightmare. The drug culture has taken over. Personally, I think the president should bring the boys and girls fighting over in Iraq and Afghanistan back to the good old USA and have them protect our homeland against drug dealers and terrorist.

So what you are talking about is a police state/ MP's such as we had at transportation centers post 9-11

Posted on: 2010/8/5 13:03

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:54
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Hospitality1 wrote:
communities dont raise children, parents raise children. The community needs to be a safety net providing education and social services.

I guess my point is that education and social services are really insignificant in relation to how the child is raised. Correcting child abuse or neglect takes years of intentional work. It's much more efficient to focus on parenting - it's the prevention instead of the cure.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 2:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

stepanstas wrote:
Quote:

jcboyz wrote:
Please, its not that bad! I've been living in JC for 10 years now and it is so much better today than it was 10 years ago. Downtown JC is an amazing place which seems to be getting better daily. There are more restaurants, bars and new developments appearing on what seems like a monthly basis! I'm sure you have your reasons for giving up but I am pretty excited about the prospects of Jersey City's future!

I believe Mr. Fulop will be the next mayor and we will move forward much quicker.

I think downtown has grown enough. All these buildings and stuff doesn't mean a thing. Your just pushing the "bad crowds" around. Moving them from one area of the city to another. Or if you use your theory of Fulop being mayor, he'll just push everyone out of here and there will be a near crime less city with people from NY. However much crime there is, the people are just as much residents of the city as we are. Getting more people in here is not the solution.

Good post. And jcboyz, crime really wasnt much different 10 years ago as it is today, so not to sure what you mean there. Downtown has grown yes but that does absolutly nothing for crime .

Posted on: 2010/8/5 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcboyz wrote:

Posted on: 2010/8/5 2:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/13 13:42
Group:
Registered Users
communities dont raise children, parents raise children. The community needs to be a safety net providing education and social services.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 2:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2010/8/5 2:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:54
Group:
Banned
What can the community do besides raising children better?

Posted on: 2010/8/5 1:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So disheartening - when the fight is gone - it is gone. It could be such a great city but the corruption has permeated every aspect of our lives. The quality of life is deplorable. Sadly even if Healy is recalled the next in line isnt much better.

Good luck on your move - God speed.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 0:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Hospitality1 wrote:
Why is it that a double parked car gets more police attention than a drug deal happening out in the open? Why is it that when my house was robbed it took the cops 47 minutes to arrive? Why is it that a park like the one on Wayne Street can be an open air drug market, with no action taken by the JCPD? Why is it that you cant feel safe walking down our streets at 3 in the afternoon?

It is not because we dont attend the captains meeting, we do. It is not because the tax dollars are sufficient - we are in one of the highest tax brackets on the eastern seaboard.

It is a CULTURE OF CORRUPTION - despite our efforts the spine of that corruption has not been broken. In no other city in the united states have 42 public officials been simultaneously charged. We have an overwhelmed police force, self serving - pocket lining politicos - insufficient services for our youth and the list goes on.

We need an organized effort to TAKE OUR CITY BACK. We need to step up - step out and show up in much larger numbers than we previously have.

I'm dismayed my fight is gone. Genuinely thought I could step up to it. But there are so many levels of corruption and crime here and they present themselves as elected city officials, city workers, realtors, builders, bank tellers (if CHASE is frauded like they speculate) to gang shootings, muggings, break and enters, car theft, to litter. Like Spinal Tap - our volume for fraud, grifters and crime is 11 in Jersey City. My family has been hit by every kind on that list. Just when we think we're acutely aware of how things "go down" in this city we're rudely awakened by another way fraud or crime can work here.

They've won. I'd rather move my kid, my dog and my wife go somewhere where I pay the same exorbitant property taxes and I feel like it GOES somewhere other than to support fraud and crime and the people who know how to manipulate this fractured system to their advantage. Trust me, they find each other and start traveling in packs here. I'm gone.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 0:28

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/3 22:48
Group:
Registered Users
I hear you, Hospitality; welcome to the American nightmare. The drug culture has taken over. Personally, I think the president should bring the boys and girls fighting over in Iraq and Afghanistan back to the good old USA and have them protect our homeland against drug dealers and terrorist.

Posted on: 2010/8/4 23:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Why is it that a double parked car gets more police attention than a drug deal happening out in the open? Why is it that when my house was robbed it took the cops 47 minutes to arrive? Why is it that a park like the one on Wayne Street can be an open air drug market, with no action taken by the JCPD? Why is it that you cant feel safe walking down our streets at 3 in the afternoon?

It is not because we dont attend the captains meeting, we do. It is not because the tax dollars are sufficient - we are in one of the highest tax brackets on the eastern seaboard.

It is a CULTURE OF CORRUPTION - despite our efforts the spine of that corruption has not been broken. In no other city in the united states have 42 public officials been simultaneously charged. We have an overwhelmed police force, self serving - pocket lining politicos - insufficient services for our youth and the list goes on.

We need an organized effort to TAKE OUR CITY BACK. We need to step up - step out and show up in much larger numbers than we previously have.

Posted on: 2010/8/4 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Isn't this the project that's next to the Beacon. The one Beacon owners have been swearing is going to close for years now?

Maybe it will be the other way around, MG will start swearing that the Beacon is going to close.

Posted on: 2010/8/4 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Isn't this the project that's next to the Beacon. The one Beacon owners have been swearing is going to close for years now?

Posted on: 2010/8/4 11:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, the shooting of the 5 year-old really GALVANIZED the MG community!

Posted on: 2010/8/3 21:41

More Crime at MG
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City man shot multiple times at Montgomery Gardens complex, cops say
Published: Tuesday, August 03, 2010, 2:57 PM Updated: Tuesday, August 03, 2010, 2:59 PM
Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

A 19-year-old Jersey City man was found bleeding from the mouth and head at the Montgomery Gardens apartment complex. He had been shot multiple times, police said.
A Jersey City man is in critical condition after being shot multiple times this morning at the Montgomery Gardens housing complex where a 5-year-old girl suffered spinal damage after being shot in the neck three weeks ago, officials said.
The 19-year-old Grant Avenue man was found bleeding from the mouth and head at Bright and Florence streets at 12:51 a.m. today, reports said.

A man playing cards in the housing complex courtyard heard someone yelling about a shooting and when he found the wounded man he put him in his vehicle and drove him to an area hospital, reports said.
Emergency room doctors said the victim was shot multiple times in the upper body, reports said, adding that he was in critical condition.
On July 16, 5-year-old Hasmera Clayton was shot in the housing complex courtyard during a block party. The bullet that nicked her spine was surgically removed but doctors do not know if she will regain full use of her limbs.
Demetrius Thompson, an 18-year-old Jersey City resident, has been charged with shooting Hasmera Clayton and he is also charged in a previous shooting, officials said. Thompson was allegedly shooting at the same person in both incidents, police said, adding that the 5-year-old was struck inadvertently.
The shooting of the 5-year-old galvanized the Montgomery Gardens community and more than 300 people attended an anti-violence rally at there on July 22 where speakers implored residents to notify police of any criminal activity.
On July 28 a tip led police to seize 1,300 bags of suspected heroin and two guns in an apartment in the complex, police said.
Officials said that the 19-year-old remains in critical condition this afternoon. Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call the Jersey City police tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2010/8/3 21:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017