Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC residents complaining about Goldman ferries?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/22 17:11
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Goldman employees can only use their IDs for free ride between 9:30am and 4:30pm or something like that. I would love to get my hands on a Goldman ID, could save me $214 a month.

BTW, you can hear the boats clearly from the higher floors in Liberty Towers as well so I would imagine same goes for 77 Hudson.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
So I took the ferry today and was cut in line again by someone rushing to get to the boat. I looked at her ID and it said Deutche Bank (forgive the spelling, I don't feel like looking it up). She was given a ticket when she showed her ID, so I guess they have a free deal too. The ticket counter guy apologized to me which was nice of him.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Hmmm..... if they just need to flash the ID and can get straight on the boat, it sounds like there may be easy money selling fake Goldman ID for free ferry rides.

Posted on: 2010/8/4 2:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed!

Posted on: 2010/8/3 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
Nope--they don't even have to go in to get a voucher or anything. They go straight to the boat. And I rarely see any urgency.

Whoever it was that cut in front of you was from a different company.

Haha, I guess I am wrong. I have been annoyed at the wrong set of obnoxious businessmen. I still say that line cutters are jerks.

Posted on: 2010/8/3 22:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Nope--they don't even have to go in to get a voucher or anything. They go straight to the boat. And I rarely see any urgency.

Whoever it was that cut in front of you was from a different company.

Posted on: 2010/8/3 22:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
The only thing I complain about is the fact that Goldman employees think they can cut people in line when they get their tickets.

It's happened to me a few times and the last time about 6 people jumped in front of me. I asked them if they realized I was standing there first and they said "We have to go to a meeting" and I told them that we're all busy and just because they can't time manage and leave earlier for their important meeting, doesn't mean they can cut people in line.

Jerks.

They may or may not be jerks, but you're confused. They don't need tickets--they use their company id's. So if someone cut in line getting their ticket, it wasn't from Goldman.

It seemed like they were showing their IDS in exchange for a ticket. I might be wrong, but that's what it looked like to me.

And I guess they didn't want to be stuck behind someone paying for their ticket when the boat was arriving at the dock.

Posted on: 2010/8/3 22:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
The only thing I complain about is the fact that Goldman employees think they can cut people in line when they get their tickets.

It's happened to me a few times and the last time about 6 people jumped in front of me. I asked them if they realized I was standing there first and they said "We have to go to a meeting" and I told them that we're all busy and just because they can't time manage and leave earlier for their important meeting, doesn't mean they can cut people in line.

Jerks.

They may or may not be jerks, but you're confused. They don't need tickets--they use their company id's. So if someone cut in line getting their ticket, it wasn't from Goldman.

Posted on: 2010/8/3 22:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
[/quote]I'm confused. will their half of the boat get across sooner?[/quote]

They're Goldman people dammit! Laws of physics don't apply to them!

Posted on: 2010/8/3 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:

Jerks.

I'm confused. will their half of the boat get across sooner?

Posted on: 2010/8/3 20:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
The only thing I complain about is the fact that Goldman employees think they can cut people in line when they get their tickets. It's happened to me a few times and the last time about 6 people jumped in front of me. I asked them if they realized I was standing there first and they said "We have to go to a meeting" and I told them that we're all busy and just because they can't time manage and leave earlier for their important meeting, doesn't mean they can cut people in line. Jerks.

They might do that to the wrong person who will adamently refuse entrance into the line. Thank God for emergency rooms.

Posted on: 2010/8/3 16:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Jerks.

Posted on: 2010/8/3 16:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/7 3:21
Group:
Registered Users
Yep, After a quick google, I concur and it appears that they are complaining about the smoke more than the noise. Article I read also put the cost to the general public at $55/ride. That's some good fact checking there. Another $50 will get you the boat ride to Bayonne Golf Club with a full bar.

Posted on: 2010/8/3 14:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
The complaints are coming from Battery Park City people.

Posted on: 2010/8/3 14:50

JC residents complaining about Goldman ferries?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/7 3:21
Group:
Registered Users
On the PATH this morning, the new fancy TV monitors were saying that Goldman Sachs was receiving complaints from JC residents about the noise of the ferries. Where the heck did they get that? I have been complaining about the the Liberty Harbor ferries for years, but not about the noise, about the wakes causing erosion. The only people who would hear the Colgate/GS ferries are well, Goldman. Funny what gets picked up as news.

Posted on: 2010/8/3 14:43

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017