Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 »

Re: The Entire Board of Liberty Humane Society Just Resigned...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HAAMember wrote:
Shadrach -

For starters, I want to be clear that I am speaking for myself here, and no one else in HAA.

What you have said here about the nature of the problem and the issue of "sides" is true, as I have stated before. However, that along with the reposting of the original post on DogJc and the DogJc guidelines does not address the issue of how DOGJC handled this matter at all.

In several direct emails outside the group I asked both you and Mary Ann, both of whom I have known and worked closely with for years, to provide information on any inaccuracies. I made it clear that we did not want to spread inaccurate information, and that I know that you may have been aware of things that I was not. You both chose to ignore every request. Additionally, until you shut down the conversation you were extremely selective of what you posted on the group - choosing for example to post an article from the Journal claiming that a donor was pulling out and a group member's very angry response, but choosing not to publish that I had spoken directly to the donor and that she informed me directly that the article was incorrect and that they were not considering pulling their money.

I can certainly understand not wanting someone or some "side" to dominate a conversation. That is what moderators are for. However when you start deciding what areas are even open for discussion, and disallowing commentary not because of what is being said but who is saying it,you are no longer moderating - you are censoring. That, simply put, is wrong. To tell 430+ dog owners and animal workers who have come to rely on your site as the "town square" for Jersey City dog owners to go somewhere else if they want to talk about what is foremost on their minds is wrong. To force them to debate it in an environment that you yourself have described to me in the past as inhospitable for this type of debate, choosing now to call it a more appropriate forum is wrong.

I stand by my statement that JCList is an environment that is ?inhospitable for this type of debate? and will further emphasize that DOGJC was not unreceptive to the debate until it started to become personal and repetitive. Unlike the JCList moderator, messages can be deleted from the home page but not from subscribers or members who receive the comments in their email. There are over 400 members of DOGJC and unlike the both of us, the vast majority of them are not rescuers, advocates, or volunteers although the most frequent contributors are involved in adoptions or rescue in some capacity. Members began to unsubscribe. These are members whose email inboxes were flooded with basically the same information. Essentially, the meaning of the debate took a back seat to the implication that LHS was a failed organization run by quitters and opportunists while antagonists beat a drum with the same rhythm. Likewise, there was no longer a dissemination of new information and for all intents and purposes, there was no debate.

Just look at this thread. You have been slurred. Moreover, HAA has been minimized, not because of its message, but because of people?s impression of the messenger. For those who don?t know, HAA was founded as the outside entity that secured legal representation and doggedly pursued the HCSPCA until they were challenged in court and ultimately forced to close. Volumes can be written on the process, but in short, it is HAA?s finest hour. Dozens of animals were saved and individuals who benefited from the animal?s suffering can no longer run a shelter or hold an animal control license.

HAA, as a watchdog organization, gives the understated impression that it has ?chosen a side? as it seemed to have taken the previous management to task only after they were fired. It gives the perception that it has gone from a tough watchdog organization into a crafty, devious, and sly manipulator of a conversation and agenda. On JCList, some members had become ?agitators? rather than giving an opinion, enlightening those of the periphery of the conversation, or providing possible solutions for a facility that is understaffed, underfunded, and overwhelmed.

There is a truth on this thread somewhere and it is in the middle:

? Yes, the previous management?s noble effort at ?no kill? did not work and the facility is an overcrowded mess
? Yes, there are individuals on the sidelines and in city government who are making a case for a takeover or reorganization
? Yes, animals will die because not enough is being done to limit the overpopulation of pets
? Yes, there?s no money
? Yes, it seems unfair to have an important benefactor act as an overlord

It is the approach to LHS?s troubles that concerns me. I am sure that you are aware that there are many individuals active behind the scenes making changes for LHS who do not go public, take pay, or attack individuals personally. Many do what they do privately and only derive joy and satisfaction in the wisdom that they are making a difference by saving animals lives or just easing their pain.

The conversation on DOGJC began to descend into the same tone that overshadowed the "insured and bonded dog walker" thread. The moderators allowed these aggressive and offensive posts, and in hindsight, we really should not have allowed them, but because it was one of our moderators that you were denouncing by questioning her morals and ethics and not a 'regular' member, we allowed them.

You were out of line and while your late apology was appreciated it seemed forced and disingenuous. Your aggressive style only spurs scornful and caustic replies. The type of ?debating? that you are seeking is not appropriate for DOGJC. This is not debate to include proposals to deliberate or consider and your tone only silences the meek. Likewise, it stops members from reading and as mentioned earlier, many have unsubscribed.

I concur with what the principal moderator suggested to you in a private reply in response to your extremely denigrating email: Create your own HAA yahoo group so you can post freely to whoever may want to hear from you. It is not about being selective in what is posted on DOGJC, however, it is about decorum, respect, and a feeling that as a community of pet owners, we feel ownership and a sense of responsibility for LHS? plight.

Posted on: 2010/8/13 4:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/9 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
If you or anyone you know can foster an animal please contact the shelter ASAP. Animal Control has been very busy recently, and every animal moved out makes a difference both in the quality of life for the animal and for the shelter. Thank you.

Posted on: 2010/8/12 21:19

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Shadrach -

For starters, I want to be clear that I am speaking for myself here, and no one else in HAA.

What you have said here about the nature of the problem and the issue of "sides" is true, as I have stated before. However, that along with the reposting of the original post on DogJc and the DogJc guidelines does not address the issue of how DOGJC handled this matter at all.

In several direct emails outside the group I asked both you and Mary Ann, both of whom I have known and worked closely with for years, to provide information on any inaccuracies. I made it clear that we did not want to spread inaccurate information, and that I know that you may have been aware of things that I was not. You both chose to ignore every request. Additionally, until you shut down the conversation you were extremely selective of what you posted on the group - choosing for example to post an article from the Journal claiming that a donor was pulling out and a group member's very angry response, but choosing not to publish that I had spoken directly to the donor and that she informed me directly that the article was incorrect and that they were not considering pulling their money.

I can certainly understand not wanting someone or some "side" to dominate a conversation. That is what moderators are for. However when you start deciding what areas are even open for discussion, and disallowing commentary not because of what is being said but who is saying it,you are no longer moderating - you are censoring. That, simply put, is wrong. To tell 430+ dog owners and animal workers who have come to rely on your site as the "town square" for Jersey City dog owners to go somewhere else if they want to talk about what is foremost on their minds is wrong. To force them to debate it in an environment that you yourself have described to me in the past as inhospitable for this type of debate, choosing now to call it a more appropriate forum is wrong.

Posted on: 2010/8/11 4:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

shadrack wrote:
[ Events in the Downtown or Heights sections of Jersey City make for good PR, but a spay/neuter event on Ocean, Westside, or Pacific Avenues every other weekend for a month may have more tangible results.

I could not agree with you more. We recently started doing rabies clinics offering free rabies shots and some other low cost services provided by the wellness clinic at LHS. It was a test for us to see the response. The last event held in the heights had a line that wrapped around a city block. Each event held taught us what we needed to do for the next one.

We know that certain wards will have huge turnouts and we are discussing the possibilities of holding more than one clinic in the areas with greater needs. The game plan is to start these events again once the weather cools. The areas you mentioned will be our next stop. What we learned is that there is a desperate need for low cost services. I cannot begin to tell you how many people truly care for their animals.

The City of Jersey City will continue to collaborate with LHS to bring these needed services to all wards within our city. We are in the beginning stages of planning events starting in late September. We will keep everyone posted on scheduled events.

Posted on: 2010/8/11 3:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HAAMember wrote:
there is a lot going on in the rescue, facilities improvement and fundraising fronts. The conversation here raised awareness and definitely moved some people to take positive action, but beyond that nothing seemed left to accomplish on this space other than argue, and the webmaster has been good enough to follow through and delete entries where people make accusations or statements of fact without identifying themselves.

It is a shame that DOGJC and CATJC banned the topic. It is hard to understand how they can justify that based on the idea that a conversation about the future of the JC Animal Shelter belongs more on JC List than on the groups supposedly dedicated to animal owners and advocates in Jersey City. I have tried to get a clear explanation from the founder/moderator of DOGJC as to why, but she has been completely unresponsive to requests as to what her concerns are or what information that has been put out she is concerned with the accuracy of. Frankly, it's baffling.

DOGJC Moderators posted this message on July 24th 2010:

Dear DOGJC Members,
After much thought and discussion with all 4 Moderators of this group, it has been decided that this cross post from JCLIST is much better suited to be discussed in that forum.

We are truly sorry for those who would like to discuss this further on this group. Please feel free to add any and all comments and questions you may have on this message directly on JCLIST and not here.

Please understand while we often deal with difficult and controversial subjects here on the JC dog group, this JCLIST message is highly controversial and has erupted with some questions on accuracy, complete with disturbing hostility and inflammatory replies some of which the Web Master ended up deleting from the site. DOGJC Moderators will not comment on this JCLIST post nor are we able to approve any replies.

We cannot allow the group to be dominated or monopolized by a few individuals promoting their own personal or professional opinions.

This is in direct conflict with the DOGJC posting guidelines.

sincerely,
Moderators DOGJC

DOGJC Posting Guidelines are sent to all new members immediately at joining. These guidelines are also permanently posted in our files section as well as sent to every member once a month:

Welcome to the DOGJC

This is a Dog Subject Related Group-We may and do at times disagree and argue subjects & opinions on dog issues. Keep your posts civil. Personal attacks, off topic ramblings and overkill e.g. someone dominating a specific subject, or over posting of any one members views or opinions on any given subject are not welcome here.

If you have a specific question, please review the archives. Perhaps our past messages will assist you.

VERY IMPORTANT: DO NOT POST ANY MESSAGES ABOUT DOGS NEEDING HOMES WITHOUT FIRST ASKING THE MODERATORS FOR POSTING APPROVAL

Just write to either Mary Ann @ faeryx4@yahoo.com
OR Nicole @ njhorsegirl2001@yahoo.com

We are an Adoption/Shelter/Rescue/Foster geared group here and work very hard to support our local shelters & rescue groups First & Foremost

We have a lovely, friendly, chatty group -- but it's BIG. Without following a few rules of courtesy and decorum, finding a way though it becomes a nightmare: for newbie?s; for those on digest; and for those with busy schedules & email accounts.

Whenever things get busy, we start losing members & folks unsubscribe.

TRIM your posts; that means, delete the stuff not relevant to your response and all the Yahoo stuff that was attached to the message.
DO leave enough of the message so that your response makes sense.

Trimming is infinitely easier if you select Traditional as your e-mail format from Yahoo. The New & Improved makes it very difficult.
Go the DOGJC Home Page, click on Edit Membership (above the title) and you will be able to edit your e-mail preferences.

To learn more about the DOGJC group, please visit http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/DOGJC/

To start sending messages to members of this group, simply
Send email to DOGJC@yahoogroups.com

VERY IMPORTANT-ALL NEW MEMBER GROUP MESSAGES ARE MODERATED-SO SEEING YOUR MESSAGE POSTED MAY BE DELAYED

In closing I repost my earlier comment on this thread on July 22nd:

Before the July 14th meeting and abrupt resignation of the LHS Board, most of us involved to some degree or another in helping LHS knew that ever increasing population of animals at the shelter was becoming critical. Suggestions, events, email blasts, and networking have saved countless animals. Moreover, the efforts by the former executive director and management have been noteworthy and like many organizations charged with caring for defenseless animals, not all efforts succeed. Criticisms have included ?ineptness? or ?na?vet?? though new ideas often come from those who have experience outside of the animal field. New eyes and action for the sake of doing something that seems constructive do have advantages to a certain degree.

I am fond of professionals on both sides of LHS? plight. I just cannot understand why there are ?two sides? when the one significant issue is saving lives. Likewise, to those on the periphery of LHS? crisis, it seems that motives, not connected to the enhancement, development, and success of LHS, are at the core of the disputes that have arisen. When ?two sides? emerge from any dispute, an ?us and them? approach to challenges results in a narrow approach to difficulties. The fact is that both sides have valid methods to solving some of LHS? problems, but it would be easier to get the leaders of the Klan and the Crips together for a group hug.

That there is a looming presence in terms of funding and influence does not address the fundamental issue that there are too many animals coming into the shelter. Every event, foster, transfer, or even death does not diminish the numbers coming into the shelter. When the argument is made the LHS is ?warehousing? animals and ?humane? death is better, what will be done in three months when the population reaches the numbers that LHS has now?

Charging the new management with a directive that may only be achieved with occasional euthanasia affects those who work there and those on the rescue side. It is disheartening to look into the eyes of former pets that want nothing more than safety and affection and knowing that some will die. On the other hand, when the argument is made that shelters can achieve a ?no kill? status, what is done in the present as animals are stacked in common areas because there is no room in the shelter? How can two sides with valid points reconcile their differences and achieve lower numbers in the shelter without killing or without begging rescues and individuals to take animals into their overcrowded homes or facilities?

Although I am fond of persons and organizations in ?both camps,? I cannot help but think that the fundamental problem of overpopulation is the city?s fault and to a lesser degree, both camps. As efforts are underway to diminish the feral cat problem, puppies are being whelped in cardboard boxes in hundreds of basements, yards, and spare rooms. Many will be sold for fifty to a hundred dollars and some will be given away to a family ill-prepared to raise a well-adjusted pet. In a year?s time, many of those pups and kittens being born today will be at the shelter. Some will be raising young in cardboard boxes in a year?s time. Even a local pet professional that works in a well known pet store raises pit bulls that he claims are superior. Over the years, he has sold hundreds of them in the same way that he sells dog biscuits. His network of backyard breeders operates in the open without any kind of regulation or accountability. Moreover, go into the pet store on Newark Avenue and look at the bulletin board. Puppies for sale... puppies for sale... many of which will fill the cages at LHS. It's perfectly legal and protests from a few customers mean nothing.

It is no secret or surprise that the vast majority of dogs at LHS are pit bulls and bully mixes. If there is a statistical map made of where most of LHS? dogs originated as strays or surrendered animals, most will have come from areas of the city plagued by other problems. Events in the Downtown or Heights sections of Jersey City make for good PR, but a spay/neuter event on Ocean, Westside, or Pacific Avenues every other weekend for a month may have more tangible results.

LHS and many other shelters exist to a certain extent to compensate for the irresponsible behavior of the city?s residents. Devise a plan to target the sources of unwanted animals and maybe our shelter will be able to maintain lower numbers, achieve its goal as a ?no kill? facility, and perhaps operate within its budget. If not, animal activists, former and current shelter personnel, volunteers, and others will be demanding ?change? and a ?fresh start? in 2011.

Posted on: 2010/8/11 2:52

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
I am an animal lover so anything that benefits the animals in Jersey City is welcome. The restriction on this topic is aimed at people who anonymously and repetitively post accusations, personal attacks, slander, misrepresentations, etc against people who care about animals. But this is also the objective of our moderation for this entire site so get used to it.

If you would like to offer solutions, suggestions, constructive criticism, praise, or anything that can help the animals without hurting peoples feelings then please post.

Posted on: 2010/8/11 2:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/24 19:17
Group:
Registered Users
Even though I had visit this site many times before I finally decided to join here due to DogJC not wanting to hear about the animal shelter and other related issues that matters the most to me. But what I don't understand is why we have to id ourselves if we are making a valid point? I see the point that HAA is trying to make but he is speaking on behalf of a nonprofit organization that is probably a corporation. Try suing them for making accusations or any kind of statements.

Posted on: 2010/8/11 1:47

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
there is a lot going on in the rescue, facilities improvement and fundraising fronts. The conversation here raised awareness and definitely moved some people to take positive action, but beyond that nothing seemed left to accomplish on this space other than argue, and the webmaster has been good enough to follow through and delete entries where people make accusations or statements of fact without identifying themselves.

It is a shame that DOGJC and CATJC banned the topic. It is hard to understand how they can justify that based on the idea that a conversation about the future of the JC Animal Shelter belongs more on JC List than on the groups supposedly dedicated to animal owners and advocates in Jersey City. I have tried to get a clear explanation from the founder/moderator of DOGJC as to why, but she has been completely unresponsive to requests as to what her concerns are or what information that has been put out she is concerned with the accuracy of. Frankly, it's baffling.

Posted on: 2010/8/11 0:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
well many of us are now focused on physically contributing to the animals in need at the shelter and not just talking. theres too much work to be done at the moment to give this any energy.

BTW, keep an eye out for a NEW inspection report. apparently the state returned last week. It will be made public as soon as it is processed.

Posted on: 2010/8/10 16:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Yea everyone is so up in arms about it from all sides, but clearly no one other then HAA want's to talk about it so what's that telling you?

I feel like only HAA has been able to come up with some answers, back up their facts and findings and publicly come forward.

Posted on: 2010/8/10 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
So, does that mean this thread is dead in the water?

We now get no new biased, self-serving information and no quasi-official, possibly even sanctioned information.

DOGJC refuses to address the issues and the discussion at Facebook has stopped.

Eh. Forget it.

Posted on: 2010/8/10 15:55

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
To all the concerned dogs, puppies, and others who seem to have inside information on this topic:

Post your full Name, Employer, and connection to this topic before your second, third, fourth, etc post. It is unfair that a few reveal their identity while others who argue and attack choose to remain anonymous.

Posted on: 2010/8/3 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
theres no real need to beat a dead horse here but before the interim board and before the board that recently resigned, there was yet another board that was bullied out of thier positions!

and before the most recent ED there was a prior one who was terminated!

If these people who are supposed to be central to the operation and development cannot exert enough influence on thier own organization to control it then it is simply ludicrous to imply that HAA should be able to.

Also, to imply that HAA had influence because of DJ is far from the truth. first of all, she was the legal counsel for HAA, not a board member or founding member. second, it would have been a conflict of interest for her to work closely on any matters associated with LHS because she was representing a former employee who was suing LHS.

your expectations and assumptions are unrealistic and very indicative of the conspirator-y nature of this bs.

Posted on: 2010/8/3 15:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/5 0:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

phDog wrote:
first of all, why would HAA be expected to have any more influence than the board of LHS who quite obviously has not had "control" of the organization for years?

second, recieving a passing grade on an inspection and achieving the highest live release rates the shelter has ever had would hardly warrant as involved of an effort as the current state of affairs does.

your argument is flawed and quite obviously just a personal jab.

until any of the catty, negative people on this thread can actually document the bs they are saying or show some real numbers, please dont expect to be taken seriously. that would be the only "joke" on this thread.

Phdog:

Okay grant it, if you are referring to the recent board that just quite, you are totally right, thanks for bringing that fact up to our attention. However, this board was only in there for a short period of time as well as for the person that the interim board had just fired. So what do you have for me to take into account for the past 5 years? I do know this for a fact that the co-founder of LHS is also associate with HAA which means that HAA had all the influence in the world over LHS board at any given point prior to the recent board that quite. Like they say you can't police yourself but they surely know how to do the job on others. And to prove my point here, please take a look at HAA statement in their first post that ?we also urge everyone to remember that animal organizations are run by humans.? So what they are actually saying to us here is that it?s okay for them (LHS/HAA) to mess up.

In all fairness, when I am making my points, etc. regarding LHS and HAA I am only referring to a few bad apples that are really rotten to the core but yet they seem to be perfect on the outside to others of course. We all know that there are a lot of hard good working people inside out doing a hell of a job for the animals.

Posted on: 2010/8/3 10:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

phDog wrote:
first of all, why would HAA be expected to have any more influence than the board of LHS who quite obviously has not had "control" of the organization for years?

second, recieving a passing grade on an inspection and achieving the highest live release rates the shelter has ever had would hardly warrant as involved of an effort as the current state of affairs does.

until any of the catty, negative people on this thread can actually document the bs they are saying or show some real numbers, please dont expect to be taken seriously. that would be the only "joke" on this thread.

Well said and +1,000,000,000

Posted on: 2010/8/3 3:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/8/3 0:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Dave from HAA, you mentioned in your response to me that you have been meeting with LHS regularly for years, that doesn't say much about the voice for the animals at LHS does it now. And just to think about it, that even though HAA have been helping out LHS for all of these years they still fell into this crisis; wow this is bigger than I originally thought it was. So seriously Dave, please tell me what can HAA do at this stage for LHS especially when they couldn't do it before, even when you claim they had a "clean bill"?

BTW, since you are the voice for the animals could you please tell me what the heck is DeputyDawg is trying to get at?

Posted on: 2010/8/2 23:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
As I said, JCNewJersey, I am shutting up now. Rather spend the time and energy doing what we are doing than explaining it to someone who has twice called me a "joke", even if it is funny to see you speaking out in support of PurplePuppy, someone whom you have expressed hatred towards for years.

You have no idea how many different things we are working on or with whom given our limited size and resources and I feel no need to explain it to you, though I do thank you for pointing out how many places have problems and how much help is needed. We are at least doing as much as we can. How about you?

Feel free to bait me again. Just to be clear to everyone on this thread, don't consider a non-response as my either agreeing or disagreeing with anything. I simply see no purpose to be served at this point by posting on this thread, so I shall not do so again.

Please, if you have time, money, food, or other supplies to give, PLEASE contact LHS. There are some great people there who would love to have your help, and some great animals who would love to have your company.

Posted on: 2010/8/2 19:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/12 0:51
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

But please, please, please stop this intolerable griping and just do the goddamn work of helping animals.

there are a ton of people who have been very active at the shelter recently, and i've oriented a couple of new volunteers over the last couple of weeks who were interested in walking/training dogs. the shelter is more active volunteerwise than i've seen it in the two years i've been volunteering there.

check out the facebook page. it's a veritable hive of activity.

there are a lot of people who are right in step with your line of thinking, fauxboken. perhaps this thread should be euthanized, but, all the events of the last month considered, lhs is alive and well.

Posted on: 2010/8/2 4:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users
Hudson County has many cities that contract with Associated Humane Society in Newark. It along with the HCSPCA was a focus of the NJ State Commission of Investigation several years back. Where has the savior HAA been on that one since December 2007? It was only written up last year in the press showing despicable conditions which caused Hoboken to contract with LHS this year.

Quote:

HAAMember wrote:
Purplepuppy says:
Quote:
Waite a minute first you tell Greenville in the above post that you ?respect his right to anonymity, even if I do not respect his decision to hide behind it.? And now you are persuading me to expose myself. Well can you make up your mind? If you respect my right than you shouldn?t be trying to persuade me in doing something that I have a right to do. I didn't want to get in it with HAA but apparently you have been getting in it with me so here it goes. Where was HAA all of these years when LHS were failing state and local inspections? Did HAA take any proactive measures to help LHS in time of needed? Nope! Did HAA do like they did against the SPCA Nope! It took an entire board to resigned before HAA came back to life. I don't blame Joanna for the problems I blame HAA because they didn't step in and do their job as they promise to do in their Mission Statement. HAA could have and should have stepped in years ago and now HAA wants all of the glory. Could you please post HAA mission statement here? I bet that the other readers on this site would like to read it. Thank you and have a nice night.

What is the inconsistency? If I do not respect your decision why would I not argue for you to reveal yourself? Just because I think you have the right to be a coward does not mean I won't call you a coward - and boy did you just step in it.

Where was HAA? Ask the last three Boards, ALL of whom will tell you that yes, HAA did take proactive measures to try to help them. The idea that you, who diligently avoids having to take any responsibility for his own actions or even talk with any member of the animal advocacy community in the area, would actually claim to know what action we did or didn't take is comical.

We have met with the manager and/or executive director of LHS regularly for YEARS to discuss conditions at the shelter. Maintaining a shelter is extremely difficult work. The difference between LHS and SPCA was simple. LHS was actually trying to do it, and was constantly making improvements that those very inspections you point to show. In fact, they actually got a "clean bill", rare for even the best of shelters, just before the Board and ED switch last year. In contrast the SPCA was a criminal enterprise that could not produce a Board nor financial records, stole money, and abused animals. Of course you know all this, but hide behind an alias so as to not have to face the simple reality that for years YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED IT and did nothing. The only reason there needs to be an HAA is because of people like you who care more about preserving their own status quo than what their work is supposed to mean.

In it for the glory? What glory? I have been taunted like we were back in Junior High School. I have been called a joke not once but twice, another of our Board Members has been called an animal killer not once, but twice. There is no glory in this line of work. The fact that you think there can be says more about you than it does HAA.

Our mission is as it has always been, to be a voice for Animals by trying to facilitate the humans who are responsible for them working together constructively rather than destructively. The real question, given your history, is what is YOUR mission, other than covering your own ass?

One final thing, HAA did not "come back to life". We never went away. If you actually cared enough to show up at City Council meetings where Animal Control Issues were being discussed you would have seen us. Or if you paid attention to what was happening with Animal Control in the areas adjacent to Jersey City, which would be a reasonable expectation, you would know that even after the SPCA was shut down the person behind it continued to behave criminally in both North Bergen and Union City. HAA continued both legal and political action to stop him right through until the end - just a few months ago, when the AG finally dissolved the SPCA and the State DHSS finally revoked Hector Carbajales' Animal Control Certification.

Posted on: 2010/8/2 1:42

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
fauxboken says:
Quote:
Honestly, I am beginning to hope Liberty Humane Society should euthanize itself, letting out only a whimper as it goes to sleep. At the very least it can euthanize me, because suffering the idiocy and the egos on this thread is intolerable. Carbon monoxide... a bolt gun... hell, just leave me in an abandoned lot near Lincoln Park. I don't really care. But please, please, please stop this intolerable griping and just do the goddamn work of helping animals. How hard is that?

LOL. You, of course, are right. Sometimes I let my frustrations get the better of me. I'll shut up now.

Posted on: 2010/8/2 1:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/18 3:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I don't know the answer to LHS's woes...

Honestly, I am beginning to hope Liberty Humane Society should euthanize itself, letting out only a whimper as it goes to sleep. At the very least it can euthanize me, because suffering the idiocy and the egos on this thread is intolerable. Carbon monoxide... a bolt gun... hell, just leave me in an abandoned lot near Lincoln Park. I don't really care.

But please, please, please stop this intolerable griping and just do the goddamn work of helping animals.

How hard is that?

Posted on: 2010/8/2 0:47

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
PurplePuppy says:
Quote:
Why didn?t you ask me that in the first place when you posted the link? I didn?t know that this thread was about him but anyway my personal opinion about him is that he stands no better than HAA who did nothing to rectify LHS problems over the years. Hey stay under this screen name, you are more likeable to talk too.

Nice try, but again all you have to do is ask anyone who has managed or been on the Board of LHS since HAA was founded in December 2007 to find that we have, and continue to do so. Repeating a lie doesn't make it true, nor does thinking your clever make you clever.

Posted on: 2010/8/2 0:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DeputyDawg wrote:

While your here taking out loud, why don't you give your opinion on Joe Frank? He's the man in the video above.

Why didn?t you ask me that in the first place when you posted the link? I didn?t know that this thread was about him but anyway my personal opinion about him is that he stands no better than HAA who did nothing to rectify LHS problems over the years. Hey stay under this screen name, you are more likeable to talk too.

Posted on: 2010/8/2 0:16

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Purplepuppy says:
Quote:
Waite a minute first you tell Greenville in the above post that you ?respect his right to anonymity, even if I do not respect his decision to hide behind it.? And now you are persuading me to expose myself. Well can you make up your mind? If you respect my right than you shouldn?t be trying to persuade me in doing something that I have a right to do. I didn't want to get in it with HAA but apparently you have been getting in it with me so here it goes. Where was HAA all of these years when LHS were failing state and local inspections? Did HAA take any proactive measures to help LHS in time of needed? Nope! Did HAA do like they did against the SPCA Nope! It took an entire board to resigned before HAA came back to life. I don't blame Joanna for the problems I blame HAA because they didn't step in and do their job as they promise to do in their Mission Statement. HAA could have and should have stepped in years ago and now HAA wants all of the glory. Could you please post HAA mission statement here? I bet that the other readers on this site would like to read it. Thank you and have a nice night.

What is the inconsistency? If I do not respect your decision why would I not argue for you to reveal yourself? Just because I think you have the right to be a coward does not mean I won't call you a coward - and boy did you just step in it.

Where was HAA? Ask the last three Boards, ALL of whom will tell you that yes, HAA did take proactive measures to try to help them. The idea that you, who diligently avoids having to take any responsibility for his own actions or even talk with any member of the animal advocacy community in the area, would actually claim to know what action we did or didn't take is comical.

We have met with the manager and/or executive director of LHS regularly for YEARS to discuss conditions at the shelter. Maintaining a shelter is extremely difficult work. The difference between LHS and SPCA was simple. LHS was actually trying to do it, and was constantly making improvements that those very inspections you point to show. In fact, they actually got a "clean bill", rare for even the best of shelters, just before the Board and ED switch last year. In contrast the SPCA was a criminal enterprise that could not produce a Board nor financial records, stole money, and abused animals. Of course you know all this, but hide behind an alias so as to not have to face the simple reality that for years YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED IT and did nothing. The only reason there needs to be an HAA is because of people like you who care more about preserving their own status quo than what their work is supposed to mean.

In it for the glory? What glory? I have been taunted like we were back in Junior High School. I have been called a joke not once but twice, another of our Board Members has been called an animal killer not once, but twice. There is no glory in this line of work. The fact that you think there can be says more about you than it does HAA.

Our mission is as it has always been, to be a voice for Animals by trying to facilitate the humans who are responsible for them working together constructively rather than destructively. The real question, given your history, is what is YOUR mission, other than covering your own ass?

One final thing, HAA did not "come back to life". We never went away. If you actually cared enough to show up at City Council meetings where Animal Control Issues were being discussed you would have seen us. Or if you paid attention to what was happening with Animal Control in the areas adjacent to Jersey City, which would be a reasonable expectation, you would know that even after the SPCA was shut down the person behind it continued to behave criminally in both North Bergen and Union City. HAA continued both legal and political action to stop him right through until the end - just a few months ago, when the AG finally dissolved the SPCA and the State DHSS finally revoked Hector Carbajales' Animal Control Certification.

Posted on: 2010/8/1 23:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/2/27 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
purplepuppy wrote:
that I am just here talking out loud while they who are under sheep's skin are actually and physically down there doing it.

While your here taking out loud, why don't you give your opinion on Joe Frank? He's the man in the video above.

Posted on: 2010/8/1 23:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HAAMember wrote:

If that was your true agenda you would be proudly saying who you are, as it would lend your words authority. Your agenda, as per usual, is to shoot down anyone who might do anything that would lead to people taking a closer look at you.

Waite a minute first you tell Greenville in the above post that you ?respect his right to anonymity, even if I do not respect his decision to hide behind it.? And now you are persuading me to expose myself. Well can you make up your mind? If you respect my right than you shouldn?t be trying to persuade me in doing something that I have a right to do.

I didn't want to get in it with HAA but apparently you have been getting in it with me so here it goes.

Where was HAA all of these years when LHS were failing state and local inspections? Did HAA take any proactive measures to help LHS in time of needed? Nope! Did HAA do like they did against the SPCA Nope! It took an entire board to resigned before HAA came back to life. I don't blame Joanna for the problems I blame HAA because they didn't step in and do their job as they promise to do in their Mission Statement. HAA could have and should have stepped in years ago and now HAA wants all of the glory. Could you please post HAA mission statement here? I bet that the other readers on this site would like to read it. Thank you and have a nice night.

Posted on: 2010/8/1 23:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Purple Puppy says:

Quote:
My agenda here is to put a rest to the BS that is going on at the shelter and to expose those that are hiding not behind a screen name but under sheep skin that is more dangerous and damaging than I am on this site.

If that was your true agenda you would be proudly saying who you are, as it would lend your words authority. Your agenda, as per usual, is to shoot down anyone who might do anything that would lead to people taking a closer look at you.

Posted on: 2010/8/1 21:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/27 22:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

purplepuppy wrote:
on this site has the right to express themselves in the way they feel
Quote:
If you don?t like it than join the ranks but that doesn?t give you the right to make a remark that I am having a bipolar moment..

Way to prove the point.

Posted on: 2010/8/1 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

purplepuppy wrote:
Quote:

Yes, the courts ruled an owner of a site cannot be held liable and does not have to disclose a users information without a subpoena. So what's your point and what's your real agenda?

Everyone on this site has the right to express themselves in the way they feel, so I throw it out there something that I witnessed and something that I heard that may be true. And what's wrong with that? Besides things like this have been going on all the time on this site. If you don?t like it than join the ranks but that doesn?t give you the right to make a remark that I am having a bipolar moment. In all actuality you may have been referring to yourself because when I readed some of your responses to DanL. and to Councilman Fulop, you should be the last one to call someone bipolar. BTW I don?t get what your other screen name DeputyDawg is referring to maybe you could shed some more light on it for me. Although it is very interesting of course that you and your other screen names had deleted all previous posts on your profile for others viewers to see your past post history. I wonder why? My agenda here is to put a rest to the BS that is going on at the shelter and to expose those that are hiding not behind a screen name but under sheep skin that is more dangerous and damaging than I am on this site. Think of this... that I am just here talking out loud while they who are under sheep's skin are actually and physically down there doing it.

Unlike you, DanL, Steven Fulop and myself post under our real names. No matter how hard you will try to discredit anyone working to help LHS, you will fail.

In addition, thank you for reading my prior postings on this site. Unlike yours, they are diverse. There were hundreds more that are now in archive cyber space. You can also enjoy reading other posts of mine by my original screen name when this site started.

Sadly, I am stooping down to your level by continuing to reply. Unlike you, I can learn from my mistakes. Enjoy your time on this thread.

Posted on: 2010/8/1 19:51

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017