Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Hudson Park Hoboken - Is that a 5-a-side soccer pitch I can see from google maps satelite view?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/27 22:56
Group:
Registered Users
Zog Sports has an indoor 5v5 league in hoboken and JC.

http://www.zogsportsnj.org/NewJersey/ ... eyCitySundaySpring10.aspx

Posted on: 2010/6/10 19:53

Re: Hudson Park Hoboken - Is that a 5-a-side soccer pitch I can see from google maps satelite view?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Sinatra Park has been closed for a year because it is falling into the river, and it doesn't have baseball fields, so I don't know exactly which spot you're talking about.
My experience has been that there is no space that is available for the taking. There are fields scattered all over the county, but they are mostly under control of the local Parks Departments or Boards of Ed. There are also some private fields.
You're probably better off looking for a league to play with. I've seen games that look more loosely organized up in Lincoln Park, so maybe that's worth a try.
Good luck.

PS. I just looked on Google Maps: That's the Little League field, under supervision of Hoboken Parks and Recreation.

Posted on: 2010/6/10 15:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 11:36
Group:
Registered Users
Paul, the soccer field you're talking about is part of Frank Sinatra Park in Hoboken. I've never played there, but almost every time I pass by people are there playing. I know there's an adult soccer league in Hoboken and I'm pretty sure they have a summer league that plays there. That's the only park I know of in the area with actual soccer goals. I don't know what the rules are as to using the field.

A few summer ago I used to meet up with a group of folks at Liberty State Park on Sundays for pick-up games. No goals, just cones. It was fun, but we played the length of a full field and it was sometimes hard to get everything organized and running smoothly with the amount of people and vast differences of skill level. It's so much better to play on an actual soccer pitch.

I'm always down to play, but I don't have the time or the money to commit to a league. If there were a group of people who were down to play some pick-up-games maybe during weeknights or weekends I'd love to join in. Preferably something in Downtown JC or Hoboken.

Posted on: 2010/6/10 14:53

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/28 15:31
Group:
Registered Users
Not sure about Hoboken, but I do know of the Courts in Harrison, it's a few minute walk north of the Harrison Path station. I think the weekend mornings (8am) are pick up games. It may be worth the ride over to check it out.

Posted on: 2010/6/10 2:02

Hudson Park Hoboken - Is that a 5-a-side soccer pitch I can see from google maps satelite view?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/22 16:23
Group:
Registered Users
Hey there,

Can anyone tell me if they play soccer in Hudson Park in Hoboken please? I cant find any info on it on the web but when you look at the baseball diamond area in google maps, they satelite image also shows that they have painted in the lines for soccer and added goals. A kind of multi purpose space I guess.

If anybody knows people that play there, please can you pass on the info?

Also, In general, I'm looking for somewhere to start up a regular casual soccer game in Jersey City/Hoboken. I know there are a couple of groups out there but I want to stay away from costly leagues, but at the same time dont want to play on just a patch of grass with small inflatable goals.

I guess what Im looking for is an indoor or outdoor space with decent soccer goals that JC residents can either use, or gain a permit to use on a regular basis.

Oh, my name is Paul by the way, originally from the UK, and for any Brits out there, I'm trying to replicate the "5-a-side football" institution that I grew up playing and loving.

Hopefully somebody can help.

Cheers
Paul

Posted on: 2010/6/9 20:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact