Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Crosswalk countdown timers installed @ 12th St & Grove St
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/8 13:43
Group:
Registered Users
They need these on Washington St. in Newport, especially at Pavonia. I drive through there often and there are always people still walking when the lights turn green.

Posted on: 2010/6/12 6:38

Crosswalk countdown timers installed @ 12th St & Grove St
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/29 11:21
From Jersey City, Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
On my way to Home Depot recently I noticed the city has installed countdown timers at the pedestrian crosswalk for the intersection of 12th Street & Grove St. This is amazing! I personally find crossing 12th and 14th Streets really dangerous, so these countdown timers are a real help in knowing how much time I have to cross. If you didn't notice the crossing light starts to blink red only 5 seconds after the white cross signal lights. Its always pissed me off and made me nervous the light would change red half way across this really wide street (more like a highway).

I really hope the city installs these countdown timers on 12th and 14th Street between Jersey Ave and Marin where they're needed. There's a lot of shopping on the other side of 14th Street and people who live in Hamilton Park and below have no choice but to cross 12th and 14th Streets. I'm glad the city is finally recognizing this. At least I hope so.

Posted on: 2010/6/10 14:37

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017