Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 45 »

Re: Hamilton Park Renovation - Update
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/17 19:13
Group:
Registered Users
When where the sprinklers on for someone to even sustain an injury? I've been there every day since the park opened and they were never on.

Since all the surrounding schools use the park during school hours, I can see why keeping the sprinklers off until school is out is probably a good ideal.

Posted on: 2010/6/15 13:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gumbo wrote:
i believe that the sprinklers have been temporarily shut down due to some injuries. no info on what exactly happened or when they will re-open, but there appears to be a good reason they're not operating right now.

Fun Toy Banned

Posted on: 2010/6/15 13:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/2 23:19
Group:
Registered Users
i believe that the sprinklers have been temporarily shut down due to some injuries. no info on what exactly happened or when they will re-open, but there appears to be a good reason they're not operating right now.

Posted on: 2010/6/15 3:08

Re: Water park in Hamilton Park playground area
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CaptainQuality wrote:
Does anyone know when the water will be turned on in the water park area in Hamilton Park?

seriously! what's the holdup? (and the age limit? I'm dying to run through a sprinkler.)

Posted on: 2010/6/14 22:00

Water park in Hamilton Park playground area
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/15 16:44
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know when the water will be turned on in the water park area in Hamilton Park?

Posted on: 2010/6/14 16:12
"I try so hard to be myself but I just wind up gettin' drunk." - Jerry Wick

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stevehpna wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
It is obvious that the cops are being put up to this by the HPNA. They believe that by lying to people about the law then they can scare them off the grass, "nip it in the bud" as they say. You cannot make an entire park "pet free". It's against the law. There are NO signs anywhere indicating a "pet free" area. The cop doesn't have a leg to stand on...

The signs for the pet free area (two of the four lawns) should be up by the end of the week. Until then, people are free to walk their leashed dogs on all lawn areas.

I saw police in the park yesterday. The only request for cops in the park from the HPNA that I know of was for patrols near the basketball courts after 10PM due to noise issues.

Once again the entire park is by no means PET FREE. WTF!!!!!
thanks stevehpna will enjoy the green untill the signs go up.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
Quote:

Dog runs are a place to let your dog run around and play with other dogs while they are off leash. They should not be used as a place to let your dogs relieve themselves.

Hold up. So sidewalks, lawns, streets, and wherever all else are fine, but dog runs are sacrosanct?

Can you see why so many people despise the entitled attitude of dog owners?

YES!!!!!!!! I CAN.......but DO NOT loop us all into that. I think it is embarrasing and I cringe from some of the things I hear.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 19:35

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/29 17:28
Group:
Registered Users
For starters there should be trash receptacles by basket ball court bleachers, and the blue recyclable container has gone missing - must be replaced. The city should be providing containers soon and if all else fails the HPNA may have to provide them. The trash problem should be reduced once there are trash bins in place.

At the last HPNA meeting we invited the organizer of the basketball league, and he has committed to cleaning up after the league games, and we'll hold them to it.

We're working with Downtown Jersey City Watch (downtownjcwatch@gmail.com) to patrol the courts after hours - this should also help. There's also been discussion of education, perhaps politely talking with the users of the courts. If all else fails there are caps that can be placed on the hoops but this is a measure of last resort. If you have ideas, please share them.

Keep in mind that the basketball courts aren't the only place where trash accumulates. For example, the children's play area is also a problem.

At the basketball courts there are after hours noise and trash problems, and they go hand in hand. So we're looking to address both.

Quote:

downright wrote:
Steve:

How can the HPNA help the situation with the littering by the basketball court? I already signed up as a volunteer to help clean the park, but cleaning up after other people on a daily basis is no way to combat the problem. By cleaning up for other people, we are only making the situation worse.

Random litter/trash is expected, and that is what the clean up should focus on taking care of. We should not be responsible for cleaning up the systematic trashing of the basketball court.

What can the HPNA do?

Posted on: 2010/6/9 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
Steve:

How can the HPNA help the situation with the littering by the basketball court? I already signed up as a volunteer to help clean the park, but cleaning up after other people on a daily basis is no way to combat the problem. By cleaning up for other people, we are only making the situation worse.

Random litter/trash is expected, and that is what the clean up should focus on taking care of. We should not be responsible for cleaning up the systematic trashing of the basketball court.

What can the HPNA do?

Posted on: 2010/6/9 15:51

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/29 17:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
It is obvious that the cops are being put up to this by the HPNA. They believe that by lying to people about the law then they can scare them off the grass, "nip it in the bud" as they say. You cannot make an entire park "pet free". It's against the law. There are NO signs anywhere indicating a "pet free" area. The cop doesn't have a leg to stand on...

The signs for the pet free area (two of the four lawns) should be up by the end of the week. Until then, people are free to walk their leashed dogs on all lawn areas.

I saw police in the park yesterday. The only request for cops in the park from the HPNA that I know of was for patrols near the basketball courts after 10PM due to noise issues.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 15:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

downright wrote:
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
Quote:

Dog runs are a place to let your dog run around and play with other dogs while they are off leash. They should not be used as a place to let your dogs relieve themselves.

Hold up. So sidewalks, lawns, streets, and wherever all else are fine, but dog runs are sacrosanct?

I never implied that. And no, public areas where people walk, people's private lawns, of course, should be off limits.

Personally, I walk around Hamilton Park, and bring my dog to an out of the way, grassy area. Of course other people bring their dogs to this area too, and there is usually sh!t all over the place. Only then, afterward do I walk through the park.

But not everyone is as wonderful as I am.

I think what you're trying to say is that you go to an area outside of Hamilton Park? I also go to an area with other dog owners where we run our dogs. The area is spotless. One guy showed up and was letting his dog poop all over so we set him straight. Are there irresponsible dog owners? Of course. Not even close to how many litterers use the bb court and playground though.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 14:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
Quote:

I never implied that. And no, public areas where people walk, people's private lawns, of course, should be off limits.

Personally, I walk around Hamilton Park, and bring my dog to an out of the way, grassy area. Of course other people bring their dogs to this area too, and there is usually sh!t all over the place. Only then, afterward do I walk through the park.

But not everyone is as wonderful as I am.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 13:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Posted on: 2010/6/9 13:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
It is obvious that the cops are being put up to this by the HPNA. They believe that by lying to people about the law then they can scare them off the grass, "nip it in the bud" as they say. You cannot make an entire park "pet free". It's against the law. There are NO signs anywhere indicating a "pet free" area. The cop doesn't have a leg to stand on. I have walked all over that park. I have seen one pile left behind by some d-bag which I picked up. No one is required to use a dog-run for their pooch. I rarely do as my dog doesn't like them. If any more weirdos try to harass you just ignore them or ask them to deal with the littering bb players. I assure you they will simply skulk away.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 13:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
If there is a dog run at the park, how hard is it to take them there to do their business? It's not like the park is that big.

However, people suck, and people are lazy and people let their dogs do whatever they want, wherever they want.

Fine people. Fine everyone who litters. Fine everyone who lets their dog sh!t all over the place. Maybe that will work.

If only there were some kind of authority presence that could actually do the fining.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
If there is a dog run at the park, how hard is it to take them there to do their business? It's not like the park is that big.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 12:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
Based on the amount of smeared dog crap coating the sidewalks of Downtown Jersey City, on average, local dog owners are basically incapable of responsibly handling their pets. Further, it is everyone's business when animals are allowed to evacuate all over everything in a public park. Dog excrement and urine are bacteria-ridden and certainly unhealthful.

It seems that some dog-owners on this site are trying to create a false dichotomy between noble, cleanly, respectful dog-owners and filthy ghetto children. The truth is that there are a good portion of both basketball court users and dog owners who are so narcissistic that they don't know/don't care that their disgusting habits and actions negatively affect the other 90% of people who would like to take a stroll without stepping in dog shit, or walk to the park without being confronted by Fresh Kills 2.

I say, fine the hell out of the reckless, careless dog owners AND basketball litterers.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 12:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
Bad assumption. I've seen many dog owners over the last two weeks letting their dogs pee and crap all over the lawns in HP.

Quote:

downright wrote:

FINES????? That's smart...fine the law abiding citizens. Don't fine all the mother f-ing scumbags who leave their garbage all over the place.

As for dogs and pee and grass, I always take my dog for a walk to her stomping grounds before I walk through the park. I'm assuming most other responsible dog owners do the same.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 12:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcnight wrote:

People are crazy for pulling over and yelling.
But......... I was on the grass over the weekend with both my dogs chatting with a couple that was takeing in some sun and a police officer told me that I had to get off beacuse there are no dogs allowed on the grass. Did they change the rules again? He actually went thru the park and told all owners to get their dogs off the grass. I think it is very confusing beacuse the signs are not up yet.
I would like to know are we or are we not allowed on the grass?

I will not go on it if we are not allowed but it is very hard to enter the park and not have them sniff around the grass.

I was also told that the fine was being raised to some where in the hundreds after the signs go up. Is this true?
Where are the alleged signs?

FINES????? That's smart...fine the law abiding citizens. Don't fine all the mother f-ing scumbags who leave their garbage all over the place.

As for dogs and pee and grass, I always take my dog for a walk to her stomping grounds before I walk through the park. I'm assuming most other responsible dog owners do the same.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 12:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MichaelJC wrote:
I have never seen anyone get so worked up over 2 drops of pee on a light post! It wasn't even on the grass! Ridiculous.

some kid might lick that pole.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 12:28

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/9 4:54
Group:
Registered Users
I had a lovely encounter with a dog hating psycho on Sunday. I was walking my leashed dog on the walkway heading toward the exit on W. Hamilton & Pavonia. Right before the exit my dog stopped and peed on a light post. Some guy who I've never seen in this neighborhood before starting shaking his head and give me the look of death. He mumbled things like "that's disgusting" and "this is unbelievable!" I was extremely confused. I started to look around because I had no idea who he was talking to or why he was so upset. He continued to glare at me with his hands on his hips and the universal WTF? look on his face. I asked him what was wrong and he said "that's disgusting. Dogs aren't allowed on the grass!" I asked him to show me a sign, but obviously he wasn't able to do that because there aren't any. This back and forth argument continued on way longer than it should have. I have never seen anyone get so worked up over 2 drops of pee on a light post! It wasn't even on the grass! Ridiculous.

I have no problem with a dog free zone as long as the area is clearly marked.
All you Hamilton Park anti-dog crazies really need to relax and stay out of other peoples business. At least wait until they actually put up the signs before you start playing Park Police.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 6:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

downright wrote:
Once again the bb court is a complete mess. Good work everybody!!!

The court will continue to be a depressing blight on the park. Meanwhile. twice now, people have lied to my wife by trying to tell her that dogs were not allowed on the grass anymore. They claim "dogs are only allowed in the dog-runs". This is a lie and a cheap attempt to control people who are doing nothing wrong. One guy actually pulled over in his car to yell at her. I wish I had been there as I would have gotten a plate number and had the guy charged with harassment.

People are crazy for pulling over and yelling.
But......... I was on the grass over the weekend with both my dogs chatting with a couple that was takeing in some sun and a police officer told me that I had to get off beacuse there are no dogs allowed on the grass. Did they change the rules again? He actually went thru the park and told all owners to get their dogs off the grass. I think it is very confusing beacuse the signs are not up yet.
I would like to know are we or are we not allowed on the grass?

I will not go on it if we are not allowed but it is very hard to enter the park and not have them sniff around the grass.

I was also told that the fine was being raised to some where in the hundreds after the signs go up. Is this true?
Where are the alleged signs?

Posted on: 2010/6/9 4:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/27 22:56
Group:
Registered Users
Screw it. Just train your dogs to dump it on the basketball court.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 3:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

downright wrote:

The court will continue to be a depressing blight on the park. Meanwhile. twice now, people have lied to my wife by trying to tell her that dogs were not allowed on the grass anymore. They claim "dogs are only allowed in the dog-runs". This is a lie and a cheap attempt to control people who are doing nothing wrong. One guy actually pulled over in his car to yell at her. I wish I had been there as I would have gotten a plate number and had the guy charged with harassment.

Posted on: 2010/6/9 3:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/6/9 2:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/2 6:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I have and will pick up trash in the park from time to time as I walk my dog. I will not pick up the trash left by able-bodied young people as they continue to play their games just steps away.

How do you differentiate between the trash of the disabled and that of the able bodied young people continuing to play their games just steps away?

Posted on: 2010/6/7 7:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

o73o2 wrote:
this weekend, i went by the children's playground a few times ... it looks awesome ... i saw a lot of kids playing and the parents were having a good time ... i could not help noticing that there were several dogs - on leash - on the children's playground ... while i saw no signs prohibiting dog owners from brining their dogs into that area, i am just curious why would dog owners expose their dogs to kids who do not know how do deal with dogs because they are scared of them ? can anyone help?

Could it be that the parents had their dogs with them while their kids played?
I am not saying that it is right but in this neighborhood lots of people have both.

Posted on: 2010/6/7 2:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
this weekend, i went by the children's playground a few times ... it looks awesome ... i saw a lot of kids playing and the parents were having a good time ... i could not help noticing that there were several dogs - on leash - on the children's playground ... while i saw no signs prohibiting dog owners from brining their dogs into that area, i am just curious why would dog owners expose their dogs to kids who do not know how do deal with dogs because they are scared of them ? can anyone help?

Posted on: 2010/6/7 0:57

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/19 15:22
Group:
Registered Users
The trash around the court was horrifying and disheartening last couple days. The city should post a sign and police should fine the litterbugs. Unless the litterbugs understand the consquence, not much will change. By the way, I still don't know how often the city cleans the park & empties trash. Does anyone?

Posted on: 2010/6/6 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sorry but if people are going to be rude assholes and litter up the place and take advantage of what they are given, then ban em from the park. I don't care if you live in the country or the city, rude is rude. If you have no social skills, go get some and come back. Until then if you are going to act like an animal, stay out of the park.

Posted on: 2010/6/6 15:56

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 45 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017