Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City man shot in head in apparent revenge attack dies; charges for 4 are upgraded to homi
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
No, I believe in the death penalty for murderers. PERIOD, Your response is a typical Liberal response. Hang em in the street because nothing else is working!

Posted on: 2010/5/27 18:27

Re: Jersey City man shot in head in apparent revenge attack dies; charges for 4 are upgraded to homicide

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/15 17:47
Group:
Registered Users
(Martinez praised Police Officers James Cardinali and Mark Hennessy, who made the arrests. "They took four stone cold killers off the streets," Martinez said. )

How about we we give recognition and praise to the two J.C.P.D. Officers who were able to apprehend and arrest all 4 armed actors in the capacity of a vehicle used in the commission of the homicide. I hope we the citizens, residents of Jersey City and most of the commutors who make a living here everyday and escape to their secluded, suburban environment don't ever take for granted how effectively the men and the women of the J.C.P.D. have responded and reacted to these violent situations over the years. As the summer begins violence always begins to escalate on the inner city streets, and it is a proven fact that the J.C.P.D. is always well prepared for the task...

Posted on: 2010/5/27 18:22

Re: Jersey City man shot in head in apparent revenge attack dies; charges for 4 are upgraded to homi
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

jcboyz wrote:
Hang them for murder and take down the projects! I'm done with these animals!

The Curries Woods "Projects" was taken down about 10 years ago. It is now those Hope VI town houses with only one project tower left but it is only for seniors and the disabled. It is now more like what they turned Lafayette and Duncan into and what Montgomery will become.

I do find it ironic you ask for them to be hanged when they murdered out of revenge. So it would seem you are using the same mentality as them, an eye for an eye.

Not for nothing but have you seen the "new" Curries Woods buildings? I was over there the other day I mean, Duncan looks so nice now, then I see Curries Woods, and it looks like SHIT! Apparently its up to each tenant to take care of their grass and outside appearance of their little condo... I wonder if Duncan and eventually Montgomery will follow suit after a while.

Posted on: 2010/5/26 16:44

Re: Jersey City man shot in head in apparent revenge attack dies; charges for 4 are upgraded to homicide
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
So one guy dies from a revenge hit, then these 4 guys get killed by someone else for revenge on the first guy murdered, then the one or ones that killed the 4 guys gets killed and then someone else kills the guy who killed the guy that killed the 4 guys that killed the first guy mentioned above. Well as long as they only kill each other off and leave us law-abiding citizens alone. Why even waste taxpayers money investigating these frivolous matters.

Posted on: 2010/5/26 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stani wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:

I do find it ironic you ask for them to be hanged when they murdered out of revenge. So it would seem you are using the same mentality as them, an eye for an eye.

Only if the alleged perpetrators were avenging a murder. Otherwise, it could be more like an eye for an eyelash.

I'm pretty sure the reports (not this one) said the man that was shot before is in critical condition and may die also.

But if it would be considered "an eye for an eyelash" wouldn't sentencing all of them to death be "four eyes for an eye"?

I am personally against the death penalty. It is not a deterrent to murder, expensive and can not be undone if that person is found to have been innocent all along.

Posted on: 2010/5/26 14:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:

Only if the alleged perpetrators were avenging a murder. Otherwise, it could be more like an eye for an eyelash.

Posted on: 2010/5/26 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcboyz wrote:

The Curries Woods "Projects" was taken down about 10 years ago. It is now those Hope VI town houses with only one project tower left but it is only for seniors and the disabled. It is now more like what they turned Lafayette and Duncan into and what Montgomery will become.

Posted on: 2010/5/26 4:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Bail set at $750,000 cash for 4 accused in Jersey City 'revenge' murder

By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
May 25, 2010, 12:49PM

Bail for the four men charged with the possible "revenge'' murder of a Jersey City man shot late Friday has been set at $750,000, cash only, officials told The Jersey Journal today.

The four made their first appearance in Central Judicial Processing Court in Jersey City yesterday but bail was delayed as the charges were upgraded to homicide.

Damont Lester, 25, was shot in the head around 10 p.m. Friday as he said in a car on Bidwell Avenue, near Bergen Avenue. He was declared brain dead on Saturday and died Sunday after his family took him off life support, officials said.

Charged with his murder are: Thomas Borders, 22, of Seaview Avenue in Jersey City; Borders' cousin Laquan Borders, 21, of Carteret; Rashaad Glover, 22, of Bayonne; and Amir Fant, 20, of Duncan Avenue in Jersey City, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said today.

Police say the men pulled up alongside Lester in a four-door Buick and fired several shots at him. An officer on patrol saw the Buick speeding away and chased the vehicle until cornering it at a dead end on Grant Avenue, police said. Officials said Glover was sitting in the front passenger seat with a .380-caliber handgun.

Four spent .380-caliber rounds were found at the crime scene. A .40-caliber Glock handgun was also found in the car, police said.

The victim was in prison from May 15 to Aug. 19, 2007, for aggravated assault involving a firearm, state corrections records say.

His murder may have been an act of revenge stemming from a shooting last week in the Curries Woods housing complex, officials said.

Posted on: 2010/5/25 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2010/5/25 15:33

Jersey City man shot in head in apparent revenge attack dies; charges for 4 are upgraded to homicide
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City man shot in head in apparent revenge attack dies; charges for 4 are upgraded to homicide

Tuesday, May 25, 2010
By TOM SHORTELL
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The Jersey City man shot in the head Friday in an apparent revenge attack died from his wounds, officials said yesterday.

The bail for the four suspects charged with the shooting was delayed yesterday so the charges could be updated to homicide, officials said.

Thomas Borders, 22, of Seaview Avenue in Jersey City, his cousin Laquan Borders, 21, of Carteret, Rashaad Glover, 22, of Bayonne, and Amir Fant, 20, of Duncan Avenue in Jersey City, all appeared in Central Judicial Processing Court in Jersey City yesterday afternoon, officials said.

The men are charged with fatally shooting Damont Lester, 25, in the head Friday night as he sat in a car on Bidwell Avenue near Bergen Avenue, police said.

Lester was declared brain dead Saturday, and he died Sunday after his family took him off life support, Police Lt. Edgar Martinez said.

Police said the four men pulled up alongside Lester in a 4-door Buick and fired several shots at him.

Police patrolling in the neighborhood saw the Buick speeding from the scene and gave chase, eventually cornering the shooters at a dead end on Grant Avenue, police said.

Officials said Glover was sitting in the front passenger seat with a .380-caliber handgun. Four .380-caliber shells were found at the crime scene. A .40-caliber Glock handgun was also found in the car, police said.

The four men were also charged with eluding police, prohibited weapons, aggravated assault, and unlawful possession of a weapon.

Thomas Borders was additionally charged with certain persons not to have weapons. Laquan Borders, the driver, was given several motor vehicle summons.

Martinez praised Police Officers James Cardinali and Mark Hennessy, who made the arrests. "They took four stone cold killers off the streets," Martinez said.

Police said Lester's shooting may have been an act of revenge stemming from a shooting last week in which a man was shot in the buttocks at the Curries Woods housing complex.

Posted on: 2010/5/25 14:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017