Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Two-bed cottage developed by Jersey City-based "New World Home" sprouts up by World Financial Center
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/9 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
I think this is really neat!

I worked in the World Financial Center from 1991-2001 and I enjoyed these years. After 9/11, I began working further away and ended up in midtown, which wasn?t my cup of tea. The entertainment industry just lacked the seriousness that the financial district had.

The article says it?s open to the public starting June 4, but I?m assuming we won?t be able to get too close to watch it being assembled.

Posted on: 2010/5/21 14:31

Re: Two-bed cottage developed by Jersey City-based "New World Home" sprouts up by World Financial Center
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Gee, for $375 G's do you get that LOT? It would certainly be a good commute for somebody working at the WTC?

"Dear, shall we have cocktails in the Winter Garden?"

Posted on: 2010/5/20 14:41

Two-bed cottage developed by Jersey City-based "New World Home" sprouts up by World Financial Center
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Cottage to sprout by World Financial Center

City demo project to show off modular country-style home that's assembled in just five hours.

The house, dubbed the Hudson, will be built in just five hours Tuesday morning at 220 Vesey St. It is an eco-friendly, 1,600-square-foot, two-bedroom cottage that recently was named Country Living magazine's ?2010 House of the Year.?

It's not every day you'll find a country-style cottage in front of the Winter Garden at the World Financial Center in lower Manhattan.

The house, dubbed the Hudson, will be built in just five hours Tuesday morning at 220 Vesey St. It is an eco-friendly, 1,600-square-foot, two-bedroom cottage that recently was named Country Living magazine's ?2010 House of the Year.?

The cottage was developed by Jersey City-based New World Home and designed by Country Living editors through a partnership that began earlier this year between Country Living's parent company, Hearst Corp., and New World Home, a four-year-old firm that builds affordable modular homes.

?This is the launch of our partnership,? said Mark Jupiter, co-founder of New World Home, noting that the Hudson costs $375,000 and there will be six other LEED-certifiable modular home designs on display. ?People can buy the home or come in and order their own. I imagine there will be many interested buyers.?

The Hudson cottage will be open to the public for tours from June 4 to June 17.

At midnight on Monday, New World Home will begin trucking six modular boxes from Pennsylvania, which will be connected to create the Hudson, to the World Financial Center. A 100-ton crane will be situated in front of the Winter Garden to lift the modulars and ?set them in place,? he said.

New World Home's New Old Green Modular program builds and designs green houses, which can save homeowners 60% in energy consumption and 40% of water consumption annually?or about $1,000 in utilities and maintenance.

These homes, which range from 1,600 square feet to 2,800 square feet, cost $375,000 to $550,000 and are built in less than 120 days. They're shipped anywhere on the East Coast from Florida to Maine, Mr. Jupiter said. So far, outside of the Country Living partnership, the company is currently building 20 houses along the East Coast.

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/ ... 17/REAL_ESTATE/100519862#

Posted on: 2010/5/19 1:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017