Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 17 »

Re: Who here really, really hates Comcast?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
I hate the GHETTO office on Kennedy Blvd!!!

Posted on: 2010/5/11 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Annod wrote:
I don't use a box. I was trying to avoid using a box. It looks like Comcast is slowly forcing people to pay for a box. This should be illegal.

Yes it should be illegal, especially combined with how they conspired in opposition to FCC decrees to make cablecards virtually unworkable and very expensive. I use a homebrew DVR I love and I fear I'll have to give it up to ever do real HD.

Posted on: 2010/5/10 21:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I don't use a box. I was trying to avoid using a box. It looks like Comcast is slowly forcing people to pay for a box. This should be illegal.

This is making FIOS look better and better everyday.

What is the total monthly cost for FIOS, for the $89 a month for two years deal? Do you have to pay rent for a box or DVR outside of the $89?

Posted on: 2010/5/10 15:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Are you guys using a set top box?

I have the channels but ONLY on the set with the set-top-box, the one with only the bare WIRE lost them.
I was especially pissed when I wanted to continue an Episode of HOUSE in the bedroom and BRAVO (Ch. 66 went POOF)...only Channel 66.1 with that old lunatic who babbles the bible all day and night was available.

They had done it a long time ago also with Ch 53 (which is WLIW Ch.21) and Channel 23 (NJN-PBS)...just blank with bare wire input but fine with an STB.

COMCAST wants to rent EVERYONE a box for $10 so they make service without one completely miserable and undependable.

Posted on: 2010/5/10 12:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
I went an returned my Comcast Equipment and since I am paid up they are supposed to give us back like 7 days. We will see. If the only problem I have is just getting that 7 days of billing back I am not even going to bother. It is worth it to be free of the hours and hours and hours of trying to fix any issue i have with Comcast.

I have had Fios for almost a week and I have had no data clogs.. it is so nice.

When they came to install the guy was really nice. we had a few issues with access but it all was resolved and they were able to install. They had my order wrong and didn't bring cable cards for my HD Tivos but the supervisor brought them to the tech. The guy even hung around a helped me with my Tivo and called to make sure that everything was working. The Tivo took about an hour to set up so he left and said he would call and did. So far, they have messed up but have very quickly resolved the issue. That is not something I have ever experienced with Comcast.

I am so happy to be free of those douches.

Posted on: 2010/5/9 17:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/9 2:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
I am getting FIOS installed next saturday and can't wait to make the call to Comcast to cancel. They have been charging me for a cable modem rental for the last 2 years and I have been totally unsuccessful in getting the charge taken off or reimbursed after many a phone calls and emails. I am sure they will try to charge me $75 for breaking my contract but at least I have leverage to throw back at them with my cable modem bill. My main complain with them is the lack of HD channels with only a dozen or so channels added in the last 4 years since I've had them. They keep advertising all their HD capability but it is only on demand and since I use cablecards that's pointless to me.

FIOS is cheaper for me and under no contract with more HD and equivalent or faster internet speed without the download cap.

Posted on: 2010/5/8 16:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
I am finally getting FIOS on Monday. I contacted Comcast to tell them I was canceling and they messed up the date. I will re-alert them on Monday after my Fios is Installed that I am canceling immediately. They called and offered to half my bill. I passed. i am done.

The final straw was my bill going up, loosing channels, and they just cut off my cable/phone/internet by accident. I experience constant data clogs, my internet is slow, and they disconnect different services by accident. I have had my cable completely disconnected about 7 times in 3 years. Never once has this been my fault. I pay my bill the minute it posts and then they disconnect the same day. I have had my phone disconnected and my phone number completely deleted. I enjoyed that. Then there are the outages. They happen all the time. I am so excited to be rid of these douches.

I am not looking forward to fighting with them about my bill or going to JFK blvd to return my box and cable card. why don't they have drop off centers in multiple areas of jersey city. It is quite large. It seems like it would be a huge pain if you didn't have a car. Then again, I love going to the cable return center with the bullet proof glass. nice.

Comcast does suck.. not only do they suck but they are rude, liars, and douches. Fios may not be perfect but I have family on Long Island and in NJ will Fios and they have had no real problems.

Bye bye Comcast

Posted on: 2010/5/2 15:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/12 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
IPTV is the way to go as long as it's not Gold Coast Broadband, worst company in the world, made me long for Comacast, and yes you are only lucky enough to get this horrible service if you live in Liberty Harbor, good riddance, love having FIOS, a choice of channels and not having the TV/Internet or Phone go out every ten minutes.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 3:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Is anyone seeing a bunch of blank channles on their basic lineup?

Its ch 95-66-58-57 & 24

Posted on: 2010/4/29 14:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
well I guess the main reason is because the cable company invested in the infrastructure in the area to lay the cable. so the cable companies own the lines, why would they let a competitor use them also?

the only saving grace people are gonna have is government maintained lines (don't want) or a low cost crazy huge provider coming in (google)

I think IPTV is the way to go.

Posted on: 2010/3/26 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:48
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Eleanor_A wrote:
I've never understood why cable companies were never considered a "technical" monopoly. You move into a certain area and you don't have a choice in cable companies. Yes, I know we have a choice with dish TV, but what if you don't want the dish?

The gov't broke up Ma Bell and made the phone industry competitive. Maybe this would be a kick in the ass for Comcast to give a shite.

Isn't government a bigger monopoly?

Posted on: 2010/3/26 13:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I've never understood why cable companies were never considered a "technical" monopoly. You move into a certain area and you don't have a choice in cable companies. Yes, I know we have a choice with dish TV, but what if you don't want the dish?

The gov't broke up Ma Bell and made the phone industry competitive. Maybe this would be a kick in the ass for Comcast to give a shite.

Posted on: 2010/3/26 6:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
nice i'm at 217 gigs. this data cap is stupid and archaic, especially in the world of HD video. what's the point of building your network to be faster if the bandwidth limits become smaller, does FIOS have data caps like this?

i'm still wondering what the "we are upgrading your service, expect downtime" letter that was on my door meant. so far there is no new HD and just a guy in the lobby tryin to sell comcast service cause FIOS is takin over.

Posted on: 2010/3/26 4:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
LAME

Posted on: 2010/3/25 20:51

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/21 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks!

I'm using only 16gb. I need to watch more movies on Hulu/Netflix :)

Posted on: 2010/3/25 20:25

Re: COMCAST
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
I received this on Mar 19, 2010:

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Customer,

We are pleased to announce the pilot launch of the Comcast Usage Meter in your area. This new feature is available to Comcast High-Speed Internet customers and provides an easy way to check total monthly household high-speed Internet data usage at any time. Monthly data usage is the amount of data, such as images, movies, photos, videos, and other files that customers send, receive, download or upload each month. Comcast measures total data usage and does not monitor specific customer activities to determine data usage.

The current data usage allowance for the Comcast High-Speed Internet service is 250GB per month. This means that the vast majority of our customers ? around 99% currently ? will not come close to using 250GB of data in a month, and do not need to check the usage meter.

To view your current data usage, please visit http://customer.comcast.com and sign in to customerCentral (shown below).

After signing in, click on the "User & Settings" tab and click again on "View details" under "My devices". The usage meter shows the current calendar month's data usage for your account starting on the 1st of the month. Over time, you will be able to see the previous three months' data usage as shown in the sample image below.

The usage meter is only available to Primary user accounts and Unrestricted Secondary user accounts with billing access.

If you would like to learn more about the usage meter and how it works, please visit http://networkmanagement.comcast.net/datausagemeter.htm for more information. Please visit our customer support forums at http://forums.comcast.net if you would like to ask us more questions or post comments. You can also click here to chat with a customer service representative, or call 1-800-COMCAST for assistance.

Thank you for choosing Comcast!

This is a service-related email. Comcast will occasionally send you service-related emails to inform you of service upgrades or new benefits to your Comcast High-Speed Internet service.

Copyright 2010. Comcast. All trademarks are properties of their respective owners.

Comcast respects your privacy. For a complete description of our privacy policy, click here.

Comcast
One Comcast Center, 10th Floor
1701 JFK Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2838
Attn: CHSI

Posted on: 2010/3/25 20:03
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

COMCAST
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
I had an excellent promo from Comcast that was due to expire so I called them up to see what they could do. First off I was very impressed with how the CSR's now answer the phone, giving you both their first name and ID # before they ask how they can help you. I hate getting a mush-mouth, whisperer when you ask for their name and ID # so you can track if they follow-up, so very impressed with their new approach.

So here's the deal I had:

*Internet
*Digital Preferred
*HBO, Strz & Showtime

TOTAL: $120

I use a VoIP phone, (not their's)and pay $34 for US, Canada and Western Europe.

So anyway, the CSR asks if I've received any Verizon FIOS lit, emails or mail and I say all of the above plus this site has it's own thread where the local Verizon guy promotes FIOS. She says let me get back to you. So I wait about 5 minutes and she comes back and tells me they are extending my expired promo for another 6 months. Great Comcast!

Oh, and thanks Mark, Verizon FIOS & JCList Webbie too.

Posted on: 2010/1/17 6:44
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Comcast charged me a a $10 fee for canceling my cable TV (I still have internet service).

Posted on: 2009/10/15 19:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:48
Group:
Banned
Quote:

icechute wrote:
I have maintained for years that ANY "installation fee" is pure B.S.

I'm subscribing to a service that I will pay a good amount for every month.

Installation fees are ridiculous and I'm suprised they have not been phased out.

They charge it because you pay it.

Posted on: 2009/10/15 18:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/23 18:35
Group:
Registered Users
Just wanted to add, I hate Comcast!

Posted on: 2009/10/15 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
I have maintained for years that ANY "installation fee" is pure B.S.

I'm subscribing to a service that I will pay a good amount for every month.

Installation fees are ridiculous and I'm suprised they have not been phased out.

Posted on: 2009/10/14 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
i hate Comcast because theyre expensive and they monopolized Jersey City.

Posted on: 2009/10/13 23:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
Oh now I had to get the home phone, that I did not want, in order to lower my bill that shot up to $171 per month. Well that sounded great on the phone until I got my last bill. They charged me some crazy hookup fee, equipment fee, guy stopping by fee. So last month bill was in the mid $200's. The whole point was to lower my bill. Now they tell me that next month should be in the lower $100's. Yeah right. Now if I cancel anything I get charged $100's and $100's to end the madness. UGH. Do not even get me started with PSE & G. That is a whole other racket.

They claim gas is going down 26% this year. Right boyz. That will be the day.

Posted on: 2009/10/13 22:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:
I hated comcast. Notice...... past tense.

We got rid of cable altogether about 8 months ago. It was the best thing I have ever done.

1. We save money because we have no cable bill.

2. We spend more time doing constructive things like reading, talking, cooking dinners (which also saves money, not going out!).

3. I have noticed a distinct reduction in my desire to buy things. Not having commercials in your life will change your world view.

4. Many shows and movies are available on-line or through netflix, just without the commercials and the cost of cable.

I highly recommend getting rid of cable! It is very liberating.

My TV died and I can't afford a new one at this time. I turned off my cable TV. I work during prime time so I wind up watching shows on line anyway.

I find I get more things done, plus it's nice to save $85/month.

When and if I buy a TV again, I'll definitely go with Verizon FIOS.

Posted on: 2009/10/13 21:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Yep,

Gotta agree with you there Brooklynboy!

For those of us with the Comcast monopoly it's like anal sex without any lubrication.

Posted on: 2009/8/24 12:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Comcast here with 2 boxes with DVR and Internet ( no phone ) is coming in at about $151 per month. Insane I say

Posted on: 2009/8/23 21:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Let me remind people here... In Europe the triplay for 30-40 euros/month is common. It all happened because they broke the communication giants monopoly. Personally I felt taken advantage paying more than $50/month. I am very happy now with roku , skype and google voice. Comcast internet is still good for me but I keep my options open. But just for this.

Posted on: 2009/8/23 20:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Not my story but my neighbors and it is hell. Last Sunday after a day in Manhattan came home to no cable. They came Monday fiddled with some wires and had it up again. 1.2 hour later out again. Wednesday they tell him his 1.5 year old Sony flat screen died. Nothing to do with cable. Went to PC Richrard's bought a brand new 46 inch Sony Bravia. Took it home no cable. Comcast could not even send the signal. Thursday returns box to Comcast and they forgot the plug in wire for the box. We bring over an extra one. Box does not work. Next thing you know the internet went down on the computer. Friday Comcast returns spends 3 hours fixing the problem. Later that evening he changed channels from one baseball game to another. OUT. They finally fixed the problem but now there is a perfectly working 40 inch Sony TV just sitting on P C Richard's floor.

Horror story

Posted on: 2009/8/23 19:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/20 23:56
From Bergen/Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
My experiences with Comcast were so awful and frustrating, I refuse to ever pay them another cent. Outages were common with no reasons provided. They disconnected service at one point although it was not requested and had the audacity to charge a reconnect fee for their error. A month after that, I terminated service and for four months they continued to invoice and send threatening letters. It took hours on the phone with their uniformed representations and their inept accounting department to get the fiasco settled. I?m happy to wait for FIOS to come to our area.

Posted on: 2009/8/23 13:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Lat month they made me one of those $100 deals. The difference from mrasg's deal was they would give me a DVR and HBO, none of the ancillary premium channels.. The price deal was "guaranteed" for 2 years except that after 6 months, if I kept the DVR, the price goes up $6.

It struck me as fair except right near the end, when she said they would be sending some papers for me to sign. When I said what KIND of papers, she said an agreement to stay with the plan for 2 years...or else pay a $250 termination fee.
So I guess the "guaranteed for 2 years" was MY guarantee, not theirs!

I told them that was a deal breaker because I may be moving.

So inquire closely about any triple play...Comcast may make it very tough to switch to FIOS if it comes into your building. I am SURE that is the sole purpose of these relatively good deals. And indeed $100 for these sevices is quite nice if you can commit for 2 years.

Posted on: 2009/8/23 12:51

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 17 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017