Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Condo Opinion
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Yeah , yeah I know everyone down in SH glows. They have been glowing for 20 years.

(just like the sky in the below picture)

http://www.society-hill.com/images/55 ... yhillsunset2220400000.JPG

I assume you live in DTJC, do you know what the building?s down there were built on? Oh wait you probably don?t know because the soil was never tested or if it was the results were covered up. Do some research on that you will be surprised at what you find out.

Actually, I do not live Downtown. You called the waterview "Great" I disagree with the adjective you used. The Chromium issue is for another thread.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah , yeah I know everyone down in SH glows. They have been glowing for 20 years.

(just like the sky in the below picture)

http://www.society-hill.com/images/55 ... yhillsunset2220400000.JPG

I assume you live in DTJC, do you know what the building?s down there were built on? Oh wait you probably don?t know because the soil was never tested or if it was the results were covered up. Do some research on that you will be surprised at what you find out.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes really! The place is built on a Chromium dump and overlooks the polluted Newark Bay.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Quote:
dmark526 wrote

I wouldn't exactly call Newark Bay a "Great water view"

http://www.society-hill.com/images/569_100_3059.JPG

Really?

I think you just proved dmark's point.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 15:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
dmark526 wrote

http://www.society-hill.com/images/569_100_3059.JPG

Really?

Posted on: 2010/5/5 15:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Here is a great 2 bed/2 bath condo with a water view ....(the realtor is from a google ad on the jclist site) ...forget about that Ralph Kramden brick wall view!! SH is a gated/guarded community with pools, tot lots, tennis, club house, transportation, and stores that you can walk to.

JERSEY CITY-SOCIETY HILL $289,900 (JUST LISTED WITH A GREAT WATER VIEW)

You've just run out of reasons to rent! This 2 bedroom, 2 bath has it all. It offers a living/dining room, fully equipped eat-in kitchen, a master bedroom suite with a walk-in closet, full bathroom with a soaking tub and access to a private balcony overlooking the water. This home also features central air, plenty of parking, laundry room and security system. Approximately 1,128 square feet. Call Maria Batista at 201-240-7117 for details or CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO VIEW INTERIOR PICTURES, GET ADDITIONAL DETAILS OR SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE THIS HOME ONLINE

http://www.society-hill.com/116cherry.html

Good luck!

(don't rush into anything , better to take your time and find something that has everything you are looking for)

Posted on: 2010/5/5 15:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Here is a great 2 bed/2 bath condo with a water view ....(the realtor is from a google ad on the jclist site) ...forget about that Ralph Kramden brick wall view!! SH is a gated/guarded community with pools, tot lots, tennis, club house, transportation, and stores that you can walk to.

JERSEY CITY-SOCIETY HILL $289,900 (JUST LISTED WITH A GREAT WATER VIEW)

You've just run out of reasons to rent! This 2 bedroom, 2 bath has it all. It offers a living/dining room, fully equipped eat-in kitchen, a master bedroom suite with a walk-in closet, full bathroom with a soaking tub and access to a private balcony overlooking the water. This home also features central air, plenty of parking, laundry room and security system. Approximately 1,128 square feet. Call Maria Batista at 201-240-7117 for details or CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO VIEW INTERIOR PICTURES, GET ADDITIONAL DETAILS OR SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE THIS HOME ONLINE

http://www.society-hill.com/116cherry.html

Good luck!

(don't rush into anything , better to take your time and find something that has everything you are looking for)

Posted on: 2010/5/5 15:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
Dont let the first time tax credit force you into buying. When you think about it, taking your time and finding the right home for you far exceeds saving that 2-3% on the home.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/6 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
If you're able to back out by Friday, I don't believe you made it in time for the first time home buyer's rebate. You have to have been out of attorney review and in contract by 4/30/10. Then you have to close by 6/30/10.

If anyone told you otherwise, they are lying to sell you a condo.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 12:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Christine wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

dieselpowerd wrote:
Why would you buy a place you aren't totally happy with? You should be able to get exactly what you want in this real estate market.

Im on a tight budget right now. This place has everything and more that anyone could need in an apartment, and the building itself is brand new. I just would prefer a better view which unfortunatly it can't provide. For the price its going for though I think id be an idiot to pass it up.

I have to agree with dieselpowerd - you should not settle for less than you want. What may end up happening is that the very thing you aren't getting becomes the ONLY thing you focus on once the deal is sealed. You can never be called an idiot (even by your own mouth) for passing up something that you have doubts about now. Think into the future about resale...what you're willing to concede to out of fear may end up being the exact thing that prohibits the next buyer.

Best of luck and trust your gut.

True. Im already in the process of buying, pretty much just being reviewed by the attorney as of now. I do have till Friday to back out though. I will get the first time home buyer rebate since I made it in just in time so thats a big reason to stay with the condo. I also found one condo that I liked slightly better at around the same cost, only prob there is no tax abatment, and the prop tax is over 8k!

Posted on: 2010/5/5 3:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/25 7:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

dieselpowerd wrote:
Why would you buy a place you aren't totally happy with? You should be able to get exactly what you want in this real estate market.

Im on a tight budget right now. This place has everything and more that anyone could need in an apartment, and the building itself is brand new. I just would prefer a better view which unfortunatly it can't provide. For the price its going for though I think id be an idiot to pass it up.

I have to agree with dieselpowerd - you should not settle for less than you want. What may end up happening is that the very thing you aren't getting becomes the ONLY thing you focus on once the deal is sealed. You can never be called an idiot (even by your own mouth) for passing up something that you have doubts about now. Think into the future about resale...what you're willing to concede to out of fear may end up being the exact thing that prohibits the next buyer.

Best of luck and trust your gut.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Unfortunatly no I cannot afford that at this time, but that does look like a hell of a deal. Where is it located.

It didn't hurt to try... It's located in the Heights 2 blocks from the Congress St Light Rail station.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 22:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Unfortunatly no I cannot afford that at this time, but that does look like a hell of a deal. Where is it located.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 21:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

dieselpowerd wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

dieselpowerd wrote:

I understand that people want to own because then they feel like they've "made it". But if you are on a "tight budget" I'm not sure owning is for you. Just my 2 cents.

By tight budget I mean more along the lines of I cant afford a 500k luxury studio.

Can you afford an 1800 sq ft duplex with unobstructed views of Manhattan off of a private rooftop deck for 395,000???

Posted on: 2010/5/3 20:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:

By tight budget I mean more along the lines of I cant afford a 500k luxury studio.

When I buy a property the question I ask myself first is how easily can I sell it. Remember the old adage "When buying RE the most important things are location, location, location" If it's in a desirable area the wall can be a secondary less important issue.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 18:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

PBW wrote:
Your asking an opinion that is subjective. It would bother some people and not others. You need to decide if you could live with it. The fact that you're posting here could be a sign that you're hesitant. Either way, good luck with everything.

PBW has it right. Just like choosing to live in JC rather than some closet in Manhattan, you pick what your negotiables are. For some people a "wall view" would be a nonstarter, no matter how great the deal was. Personally I lived in nonviews or basements continuously from 20 to 35.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 16:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dieselpowerd wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

dieselpowerd wrote:

I understand that people want to own because then they feel like they've "made it". But if you are on a "tight budget" I'm not sure owning is for you. Just my 2 cents.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 16:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Why not just find a stained glass picture of a nice landscape or something to that effect? Then you still get light, and a better view to look at.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 15:58

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/9 14:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

dieselpowerd wrote:

Posted on: 2010/5/3 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dieselpowerd wrote:

Posted on: 2010/5/3 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Your asking an opinion that is subjective. It would bother some people and not others. You need to decide if you could live with it. The fact that you're posting here could be a sign that you're hesitant. Either way, good luck with everything.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 15:32

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/9 14:46
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/5/3 15:16

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/17 19:13
Group:
Registered Users
If the place has everything else on your wish list, and the view is the only negative, I say its worth it.

Plus , I think it's better to have a wall than your neighbor's windows.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Buying a fair priced condo with all the bells and whistle in the unit. Only problem the two mmain windows are obstructed by a brick building about 20 feet away next door. Buy or pass? keep in mind it gets sunlight just a very ugly view.

Residing in apartment like buildings tend to have that personality about them, especially when there are many such structures in the area. I see it as a matter of preference; maybe that is why there are bells & whistles included. What are you willing to sacrifice for the view? Also are there any windows with a non-obstructed view and do you get all 4 sides of the compass viewing area?

Posted on: 2010/5/3 12:49

Condo Opinion
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Buying a fair priced condo with all the bells and whistle in the unit. Only problem the two mmain windows are obstructed by a brick building about 20 feet away next door. Buy or pass? keep in mind it gets sunlight just a very ugly view.

Posted on: 2010/5/3 6:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017