Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Jersey City cop.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/4 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

aoao wrote:
hey carpetbaggertil,

save yourself and never post here again. the people on here are lewd and need reasons to complain about anything. don't worry about the folks complaining here. they are just a bunch of sub-urbanite pansies

i respect what you guys are doing for my city. keep up the good work and please be safe. god bless.

and please do not post here anymore. it's not worth your time and will get you nowhere.

-4th Generation JC

I second that!! God Bless the JCPD

Posted on: 2010/5/5 15:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/19 19:54
Group:
Registered Users
hey carpetbaggertil,

save yourself and never post here again. the people on here are lewd and need reasons to complain about anything. don't worry about the folks complaining here. they are just a bunch of sub-urbanite pansies

i respect what you guys are doing for my city. keep up the good work and please be safe. god bless.

and please do not post here anymore. it's not worth your time and will get you nowhere.

-4th Generation JC

Posted on: 2010/5/5 14:52

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/5 14:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

carpetbaggertil718 wrote:
I myself have been assigned to this post. We call this operation Gerbil Poacher... Mind your own business and get a life.

Carpetbagger-- Are you for real?

I'm with Nori.

You stated that taxpayers are paying for a cop to sit/sleep under the tpke. as a way to deter "...homosexual men engaging in crude acts in the bushes." In fact, you've done this yourself!

Someone please tell me this is a sick joke. If it actually *is* true (which I hope it's not and you're full of it), then wouldn't it be more cost-effective to install cameras instead?

Pathetic. And disgusting. Tax dollars at work!

Posted on: 2010/5/5 14:32

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/21 15:28
Group:
Registered Users
Toejamb, You never mentioned sleeping in your original post. Someone else mentioned it and you ran with it. If this guy was assigned to a call and was sitting there instead of responding he should be fired. I guarantee he was between calls. Ever drive for eight hours straight in an urban area? Believe me it becomes mind numbing. Cab drivers dont even do that. Where this officer is parked and apparently reading a newspaper or magazine is pretty much right in the geographic center of the East district. From there we can respond quickly and efficiently to any spot in the district. We know of much better places to hide if we didnt want to be seen. Trust me. You keep mentioning how you pay my salary. Id love to know how you are so wildly successful at whatever you do and still find the time to skip out of work to "cruise" in desolate areas "on a weekday?" Can you please get back to work so we can get a contract which we have been without for over two years. We depend on you. When I mentioned the time an average day tour cop has on the job it was to impart onto you're ignorance that he has been dealing with the dregs of society doing evenings or midnights for years. Even if he is a "load", he seen more than his fair share of the worst humankind has to offer. I will inform the guys down there of your concern and they will park elsewhere. That spot will be returned to the car strippers, hookers, and junkies. Then you will feel safe doing whatever it is you do down there.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 14:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
Carpetbagger - that is complete and utter bullsht upon bullsht.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 14:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I myself have been assigned operation Gerbil Poacher....Mind your own business and get a life.

I'd suggest getting some of these for the guys on operation Gerbil Poacher:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/5/5 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

That area is actually part of a directed patrol. Officers are sent there in response to LightRail commuters complaints about homosexual men engaging in crude acts in the bushes. The area is in plain view of the trains and some people are obviously offended by these behaviors. I myself have been assigned to this post. We call this operation Gerbil Poacher. Once assigned there, we get all kinds of ridiculous excuses from people aimlessly wandering through this deserted area like I was helping my friend look for his cat....or I was on my way to visit my friend in Greenville....or I was picking up garbage in the nude when I fell on this Zucchinni. Its not a glamorous assignment but its easier than being assigned to Hudson St. where yuppie idiots ask ridiculous questions all day instead of minding their own business. Your picture was obviously taken in the morning or afternoon which means the officer is on the day tour. This means the officer has at a minimum 14 years in patrol. At the time you wandered through private property for whatever reason, this officer was not assigned a call of which he will respond to 12 in an average day. Most calls are generated by people with limited problem solving abilities and even less common sense. Riding around only increases your chances of encountering a moron. Mind your own business and get a life.

this sounds ligit and makes sense to me.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 13:49

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/5 6:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

That area is actually part of a directed patrol. Officers are sent there in response to LightRail commuters complaints about homosexual men engaging in crude acts in the bushes. The area is in plain view of the trains and some people are obviously offended by these behaviors. I myself have been assigned to this post. We call this operation Gerbil Poacher. Once assigned there, we get all kinds of ridiculous excuses from people aimlessly wandering through this deserted area like I was helping my friend look for his cat....or I was on my way to visit my friend in Greenville....or I was picking up garbage in the nude when I fell on this Zucchinni. Its not a glamorous assignment but its easier than being assigned to Hudson St. where yuppie idiots ask ridiculous questions all day instead of minding their own business. Your picture was obviously taken in the morning or afternoon which means the officer is on the day tour. This means the officer has at a minimum 14 years in patrol. At the time you wandered through private property for whatever reason, this officer was not assigned a call of which he will respond to 12 in an average day. Most calls are generated by people with limited problem solving abilities and even less common sense. Riding around only increases your chances of encountering a moron. Mind your own business and get a life.

Sorry bud. I'm not buying it.

The guy's usually asleep in his car. So much for Gerbil Poaching. If I slept at my job I'd be fired immediately --and rightly so, whether I'm at the job 14 years or 40. No excuse for that. You guys have been getting away with this crap for so long, you have somehow rationalized that you've earned the right to sleep in your car on the job. That's messed up. And you actually resent being called on it. Well, I have news for you. People are beginning to get wise to what's going on, and they are not going to tolerate this nonsense.

You clearly resent yuppies. Of course you do! They will call you on your antics because they are the ones paying your salary. In fact, you should be thanking your lucky stars there are any "yuppies" living here at all. They actually have jobs and pay taxes. A little humility would be in order.

As for wandering through private property, for the record there is no indication whatsoever that the area is privately owned. In any case, it's an abandoned area. A toxic waste dump. Again, weak argument.

I also find it strange that looking for Gerbils or whatever you claim to be doing in there is a higher priority than going after the rampant crime in this area. Don't you have better things to do than sleep in your car under the pretext of catching gays practicing lewd behavior? Pitiful.

Your defense of these shenanigans is an example of the old mentality afflicting Jersey City and this entire state. I have noticed that corruption here is not only tolerated, it is fiercely defended by the old guard. You're part of the reason why we're in this cancerous mess we're in.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 6:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/21 15:28
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/5/5 4:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stepanstas wrote:
Usually I would not defend a cop just sitting around like that, but I want to view both sides of the story.

* Maybe he wants to make sure that nobody tries to turn that spot into a drug zone or other crime place.
* Maybe he was hired by NJTP for some reason since it is private property. Just like they hire cops to cross business persons to work or be security guards at our supermarkets.
* Maybe he was not comfortable with you being there because if another person with a camera came by and took a picture of BOTH of you, he/she would be convinced the cop is taking a rest with his friend.

Bottom line is, video would be better, and actually asking what he is doing there.

The only reason why I would doubt he is slacking, he could do that at any other block in the city and not be questioned about it or look out of place.

* Maybe he wants to make sure that nobody tries to turn that spot into a drug zone or other crime
How would he do that when he is asleep in his car most of the time?

* Maybe he was hired by NJTP for some reason since it is private property. Just like they hire cops to cross business persons to work or be security guards at our supermarkets.
Rent-a-cops don't drive black and whites. With regard to private property, I went back and checked the entire area after work this evening. There are no signs indictaing that this is private property. If it was, a cop wouldn't be allowed to park & sleep there.

* Maybe he was not comfortable with you being there because if another person with a camera came by and took a picture of BOTH of you, he/she would be convinced the cop is taking a rest with his friend.
I won't dignify this nonsense with an reply.

* Bottom line is, video would be better, and actually asking what he is doing there.
It's obvious what he is doing there. Mostly sleeping. He's been spotted by several people in that same spot. I don't see how video would be better. Care to elaborate? A picture paints a thousand words. But I'll get his plates next time.

* The only reason why I would doubt he is slacking, he could do that at any other block in the city and not be questioned about it or look out of place.
So you actually think that a cop asleep in his car on a neighborhood block would not attract attention? I see you're drinking the Jersey City Kool-Aid, my friend.

I have nothing against most JC cops. I know that they work extremely hard and --more importantly-- risk their lives every day in one of the most dangerous places in the nation. All the more reason that these bad apples need to be removed.

Slackers like this give the competent cops a bad name. And that's a shame.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 2:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
Usually I would not defend a cop just sitting around like that, but I want to view both sides of the story.

* Maybe he wants to make sure that nobody tries to turn that spot into a drug zone or other crime place.

Bottom line is, video would be better, and actually asking what he is doing there.

The only reason why I would doubt he is slacking, he could do that at any other block in the city and not be questioned about it or look out of place.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 1:50

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/5 14:22
Group:
Registered Users
Right. So cops hiding out under the turnpike and sleeping in their cars and being paid for it is what you call "being on patrol." Brilliant.

What exactly are they patrolling?

I shouldn't be surprised. After all, this is where scum like Jeremiah Healy, Willi Flood, and Viola Richardson are *actually* elected officials.

Only in Jersey City, folks. Only in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 0:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

And from a third generation Jersey Cityite, I can tell you that Jersey City doesn't suck because people from outside here move in and complain about a cop not doing his job. Jersey City sucks because people who were born and raised here continue to put up with and defend the bad behavior of our public officials and public servants.

+1000

Posted on: 2010/5/4 23:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

aoao wrote:
Quote:

Bago wrote:
Even better, why don't you ask him/her to explain what he/she is doing there. It's your money! I'd also bring a video camera and start recording as you approach the vehicle. Maybe you will catch them staring at the back of their eye lids.

Quote:

toejamfootball wrote:
Would someone explain to me who decides what JC police do with their time, and why? After all, I pay way more than my share in taxes. I am not pleased that I am paying this jerk to sit on his a** all day.

theyre on patrol u big bananaheads!! this is why jc sucks. u guys are so stupid and ready to call people out all the time. please do not move past downtown u big idiots. u guys are a bunch of sub-urban pansies!

meanwhile they get shot at, and you're taking sissy, fairy pics.

I was born and raised here and I'm no "pansy". JC cops have a bad habit of hiding out like that. when my kids were small I used to spend a lot of time taking them on nap rides in the car and hanging out in Liberty State Park while they slept. Every single time I went there I saw a JC cop car with cops hanging out, even in the winter. They were not on patrol. It doesn't take a native born JC person to see a cop goofing off.

And from a third generation Jersey Cityite, I can tell you that Jersey City doesn't suck because people from outside here move in and complain about a cop not doing his job. Jersey City sucks because people who were born and raised here continue to put up with and defend the bad behavior of our public officials and public servants.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 22:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
HA

I was wondering when this would show up here.

I've seen them hanging out by lsp and the overpass asleep a few times before, myself. I take those shortcuts to get to a friend's place over in greenville at all times of the night. The first time i saw it, I though the guy was dead! I seriously sh## my pants until i realized the window was fogged and he was obviously rem sleeping.

I rode my bicycle within 10 feet of the car and he remained fast asleep.

Dear cop. If you're reading this. I suggest you not sleep there anymore. Shame Shame Shame guy is going to be knocking on your window next time.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Lob an egg onto the car.

If you are napping during normal work hours, you shouldn't be at work in the first place, because while you are 'awake' you would be still tired............tired=not getting 100% of your ability that we are paying you for.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 21:58
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
I don't know why anybody is shocked by this. It's called "cooping", and it's a cop tradition as old as bagpipes. They need to rest up from working their off duty jobs like standing around at construction sites or tending bar. It's also pretty popular with transit workers, and I'll bet with the Jerking Authority personnel. Nothing like sleeping while you rack up benefits, OT, and put in time for your retirement in your 40's.

I agree, you should take a photo of the vehicle plate/number and maybe the guy's face if you can. Use a high-res camera like a canon 5d mark2 and a long lens, maybe 200mm. He won't even know you took it. The money shot would be of his head laid back with his mouth open. Then write a letter to the police chief and Fulop including the photo. Explain how you think it's an injustice that this officer spends his shift sleeping, while crime is high and taxes are being raised. Forget the Mayor, he's a waste of space.
I smell another JC appearance on Shame, Shame, Shame!

Posted on: 2010/5/4 21:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I don't know why anybody is shocked by this. It's called "cooping", and it's a cop tradition as old as bagpipes. They need to rest up from working their off duty jobs like standing around at construction sites or tending bar. It's also pretty popular with transit workers, and I'll bet with the Jerking Authority personnel. Nothing like sleeping while you rack up benefits, OT, and put in time for your retirement in your 40's.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 21:42

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/9 1:38
From Bay Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

toejamfootball wrote:
Exactly. In fact, he was obviously embarrassed that I had caught him sitting there, doing nada. (And no, he was not busy \"writing up reports.\") Not surprisingly, his instinct was to try to intimidate me. Pathetic.

So he tried to turn it around by implying that *I* was the one who was doing something wrong. But then he quickly realized that this wouldn\'t fly, because I had every right to be there. He actually said \"I don\'t have a problem with you being here.\"

Again, he was desperately trying to divert attention from himself and the fact that he was caught slacking under the Turnpike. He does this routinely.

So then he decided to complain that I had parked in a \"private\" area (there were no signs indicating that this was the case). I offered to move the car. He didn\'t force the issue.

Dumb slacker cop was grasping at straws . If he really had a problem with my being there or parking --or anything on my part, then he should have approached me when I entered the area and tried to stop me. But he didn\'t do or say anything until after I had parked, left the car, and walked toward him.

Bad enough that he\'s being paid (by me) to do nothing. Even worse that tries to turn it around and use his uniform to intimidate me when caught slacking.

Tax dollars at work.

Try taking your indignant tone with him to his face and see what happens. You want answers don't you? Ask. You want action? Take some. Would love to see you express outrage about an officer's personal performance to his face.

Raising some petty complaint about somebody you don't know, who's business is not yours, on a messageboard with zero facts is a non-starter. Troll-bait at best.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 21:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Exactly. In fact, he was obviously embarrassed that I had caught him sitting there, doing nada. (And no, he was not busy \"writing up reports.\") Not surprisingly, his instinct was to try to intimidate me. Pathetic.

So he tried to turn it around by implying that *I* was the one who was doing something wrong. But then he quickly realized that this wouldn\'t fly, because I had every right to be there. He actually said \"I don\'t have a problem with you being here.\"

Again, he was desperately trying to divert attention from himself and the fact that he was caught slacking under the Turnpike. He does this routinely.

So then he decided to complain that I had parked in a \"private\" area (there were no signs indicating that this was the case). I offered to move the car. He didn\'t force the issue.

Dumb slacker cop was grasping at straws . If he really had a problem with my being there or parking --or anything on my part, then he should have approached me when I entered the area and tried to stop me. But he didn\'t do or say anything until after I had parked, left the car, and walked toward him.

Bad enough that he\'s being paid (by me) to do nothing. Even worse that tries to turn it around and use his uniform to intimidate me when caught slacking.

Tax dollars at work.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 20:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/19 19:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bago wrote:
Even better, why don't you ask him/her to explain what he/she is doing there. It's your money! I'd also bring a video camera and start recording as you approach the vehicle. Maybe you will catch them staring at the back of their eye lids.

Quote:

toejamfootball wrote:
Would someone explain to me who decides what JC police do with their time, and why? After all, I pay way more than my share in taxes. I am not pleased that I am paying this jerk to sit on his a** all day.

theyre on patrol u big bananaheads!! this is why jc sucks. u guys are so stupid and ready to call people out all the time. please do not move past downtown u big idiots. u guys are a bunch of sub-urban pansies!

meanwhile they get shot at, and you're taking sissy, fairy pics.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 20:52

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/11/25 14:47
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
You're probably more correct than I am but let the OP find out. Haha!

Quote:

SLyng wrote:
That sounds good in theory, until the cop arrests you for "interfering with official police business" - Then you'll protest that you weren't doing anything wrong... you were just checking up on your tax dollars, at which point he'll tack on a bogus charge for "disorderly conduct".

Don't you know how the system works? Or maybe I'm just cynical.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 20:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Is that under the TPK by Enos Jones or is it just to the west of the Jersey Ave. footbridge into LSP? (I think that little dirt road to the abandoned buildings north of the canal is called Aetna - it would be at the end of Aetna.) I've seen a cop car parked under the TPK down there when I've run midday (which isn't often.) Saw him/her just within the past couple of weeks.

I've also seen cops parked in the parking lot behind Liberty Harbor on the weekends - for a lot longer than what could be called a break.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 20:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/18 23:45
Group:
Registered Users
Or he's writing out a report, having lunch, or on the cellphone.

I sure there are many reasons why he would want a place to park to conduct a legitimate activity where he doesn't want to be interrupted.

It isn't so isolated where you could walk close enough to take a picture

Everyone relax.

Nothing to see here, move on.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 20:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/3 23:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bago wrote:

That sounds good in theory, until the cop arrests you for "interfering with official police business" - Then you'll protest that you weren't doing anything wrong... you were just checking up on your tax dollars, at which point he'll tack on a bogus charge for "disorderly conduct".

Don't you know how the system works? Or maybe I'm just cynical.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 20:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/11/25 14:47
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

toejamfootball wrote:

Posted on: 2010/5/4 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe he's on break. They do get those you know.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 19:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Also, that's right by Enos Jones Park. 9th street next to the park is a dead end there, and half the time there is some municipal car park there: cop, parking, animal control... shhhh. It's their quiet nap place.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 19:16

Jersey City cop.

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
What exactly are we paying him to do? http://twitpic.com/1l0m7a I see this guy near and under the bridge all the time. While the competent JC police are out risking their lives and fighting our horrible crime problem, there are others who apparently have nothing better to do than sit in their car. In a deserted area. On a weekday. HUH??? Meanwhile, developmentally disabled adults lose litter patrol jobs because of Jersey City budget cuts http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... rsey_city_budget_end.html Would someone explain to me who decides what JC police do with their time, and why? After all, I pay way more than my share in taxes. I am not pleased that I am paying this jerk to sit on his a** all day. WHAT EXACTLY ARE WE PAYING HIM TO DO? Jersey City cop sitting... on Twitpic

Posted on: 2010/5/4 19:04

Edited by Webmaster on 2010/5/5 4:14:20

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017