Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: Downtown: Man stabbed and robbed on First and Brunswick going to bar
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
The fools from Indio's were at it again last nite. Brawling and cursing with one another outside my 1st St. home at 1:30 AM. Bunch of cretins.

Posted on: 2010/5/23 18:10

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/10 17:29
Group:
Banned
If all the people who disliked crowds of drunks hanging out in the streets all moved to the "burbs" you would have an empty shell of a city.

Of course if only those that disliked crowds of drunks hanging out in the streets and could afford to move to the "burbs" then you would see a lot less white faces in JC.

That is what happened to JC and Newark and a lot of other cities during the 60's and 70's i.e. "white flight." Then you added crack into the mix and things got real bad.

I think that the problem is that the blacks and hispanics resent the gentrification of their neighborhoods (too bad by the way-if the majority had pride in their neighborhoods gentrification would never happen)...and the yuppie/pseudo hipster crowd expect too much from an area that has been economically depressed for a long time and is beginning a slow recovery (tough shit wait it out).

Once all the buildings go condo and/or rents continue to rise there will be some tension. But don't worry, in the end money wins.

Posted on: 2010/4/26 21:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
Cmon, thats a town, this is a city.

The only game I've ever played was Grand Theft Auto

Posted on: 2010/4/26 21:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Nori wrote:
yea but....you're in a city

So if we don't like it and move, as you so eloquently put it, to the 'burbs, does that mean no one will ever vandalize and make noise in our new quiet little towns? Because that only happens in a city, right? Just because it is a city, doesn't mean its entirely 100% a commercial and industrial area. There are residential areas too. There has to be a balance. Haven't you ever played Sim City?

Weak argument.

Posted on: 2010/4/26 21:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
yea but....you're in a city

Posted on: 2010/4/26 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Nori wrote:
1stStGuy ?Until we see more robberies/assaults taking place in front of the bar, there wont be an increase in police presence. If its just people being loud and drunk, hey?you?re in a city, you live near a bar, what do you expect? I said this before and will say it again, if it?s too loud, you have the option to move. If you bought, you?re SOL. Maybe you should?ve done some more research before buying.

LaimDozer ? that?s a great outlook. You provided us with a lot of intelligent thought on this topic.

Glitter Queen ? have you ever been to Hoboken on the weekends? Almost everyone in the bars there drove in and are in their 20?s, if you are ok with that scene, go there. You see just as much fighting, broken bottles on streets and people screaming at night. But it?s ok bc they are young and white so a lot less threatening.

TommyC ? I?d rather have 10 drunk minorities that contribute nothing in society in this city than have one of you. You are whats wrong with this country and people like you I cannot stand. You think too highly of yourself and that the world owes you something bc of that. Let me tell you that you?re no better than the bum asking for some change on the streets bc your ass will be rotting 6 feet under just like he will. (fyi - that is not a threat, just a fact that everyone will eventually die)

Enough with the "you're in a city" argument. If this was such a big, bustling city then why doesn't the noise of these bars get lost in the din? It doesn't because this is hardly a big city. This is a residential area. There are families with young children who are trying to have normal lives and instead they are interrupted by drunken, inconsiderate douche-bags. ANY bar that disrupts a neighborhood should face the consequences. I have seen so much damage and vandalism caused by every manner of bar in the downtown area.

Posted on: 2010/4/26 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Some drunk hit my car and my neighbor's car while I was away. They had come from Indios. My brother happen to be staying at my apt and my neighbor came to tell us. my neighbor called they waited outside for them and they did not come. it took a second call.

people who do not deal with the people who go to Indio's do not understand the situation.

as for the guy/girl who made a comment about me and Hoboken. They will date rape you there. I effing hate HOboken. those jackasses are not on my block and i can avoid them. I don't give a damn if you are white/black/spanish/effing blue don't leave glass beer bottles on the street.. don't stand outside and yell things at me as i move my car or get hookers on my street. this is not asking a lot. people like to make this about race or ethnicity. it is not about neither. it is about respecting other people's property. they are not stupid teenagers. they are adults.

The drunk frat guys who like to play beer pong are annoying but stay in their yard. If they were leaving their yard and i saw them leaving beer bottles on the street i would bitch them out.

Posted on: 2010/4/26 1:52

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/13 19:57
From village
Group:
Registered Users
I have spoken with Councilman Fulop and the Captain of the JC Police Dept. about Indios. They have promised to add more patrolling to the area and even gave me the cell phone of the late night police captain.

If you see or hear any out of the ordinary violence, please contact the JC police. I know some people will claim that they won't come, but the one night I called to complain about a fight at Indios, a cop car showed up. There is only one way to clean up a neighborhood, and we can do it together.

Posted on: 2010/4/24 2:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Hey people!... take a chill! We are all connected ...just saying...

Posted on: 2010/4/15 1:48
I am a rock, I am an Island... and a rock feels no pain and an island never cries...Simon & Garfunkle

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Why don't you both stop complaining about each other, and focus your energy to help change things for the better?

Posted on: 2010/4/14 22:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Nori wrote:
1stStGuy ?Until we see more robberies/assaults taking place in front of the bar, there wont be an increase in police presence. If its just people being loud and drunk, hey?you?re in a city, you live near a bar, what do you expect? I said this before and will say it again, if it?s too loud, you have the option to move. If you bought, you?re SOL. Maybe you should?ve done some more research before buying.

I guess you haven't heard of democracy or political activism, people getting together to make changes they believe in? With that attitude, we wouldn't have many of the "rights" I'm sure you approve of. For example, let's say you're a minority, you go to a primarily white school and encounter racism, what would you suggest their family do: move to another town because you should have known better?

Posted on: 2010/4/14 22:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Nori wrote:
I was talking about laimdozer, not you.

YOU are going completely off topic to try to make me look bad. Which is fine, but let's stay on topic here.

The yuppie is not my enemy. I make a decent penny, work for a hedge fund and own my own apt. So in a way, I can be considered a yuppie.

The problem I have is people like you who think you are better than others bc you worked hard, took the right path in life and landed that great corporate job. No one cares about you even if you started to work for yourself and have your own book of clients in whatever the hell you do.

The fact of the matter is, you are not helping this community with your nose up your own ass. Same can be said to some of these "thugs"

My problem with your attitude is that you are assuming that "I have my nose up my own ass", based on very little, if any, valid information.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 21:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I was talking about laimdozer, not you.

YOU are going completely off topic to try to make me look bad. Which is fine, but let's stay on topic here.

The yuppie is not my enemy. I make a decent penny, work for a hedge fund and own my own apt. So in a way, I can be considered a yuppie.

The problem I have is people like you who think you are better than others bc you worked hard, took the right path in life and landed that great corporate job. No one cares about you even if you started to work for yourself and have your own book of clients in whatever the hell you do.

The fact of the matter is, you are not helping this community with your nose up your own ass. Same can be said to some of these "thugs"

Posted on: 2010/4/14 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
You may or may not be a mean person Nori, but your posts tend to attack people, you come across as uncouth, and generally negative. That generally doesn't turn people on, and doesn't make you many friends.

Where did I ask for "symapthy"? (hint: I did not)

You say "your 10 people pay taxes too". Well, you claimed that you'd rather have "10 drunk minorities who contribute NOTHING to society" than 1 of me. So, if you say they contribute nothing to society, I'm going to go ahead and assume that paying taxes would be excluded from their lifestyle.

Like I said, I'm relieved that most people in Jersey City feel the same way that I do, and actually want positive changes, and want to eliminate the elements that have kept JC mired in mediocrity for decades.

What was Jersey City in the 1980s (and really, through the 90's) before your enemies, the yuppies, started looking at JC? It was a punchline, and a shell of it's former self.

Whether you like it or hate it, having some semblance of "wealth" move back into urban cities like JC is good and healthy for the (whole) city. And once again, I'm thankful that most of the good people of Jersey City have the ability to recognize that, understand that, and embrace that.

Unlike you.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 21:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am not a mean person. I just don?t have sympathy for people like you.

And my ten people pay taxes too.

You are right about NYC, but the people who live there actually go out talk to their representatives, write letters, and talk to board members instead of crying on msg forums. Have you ever lived in the east village or the lower east side? It?s still loud as hell, and if you cant deal with the noise, you move.

You?re right about Hoboken, but I wasn?t sure what are you complaining about, the loud noise or the possibility of getting shot down in front of your home? and what if I told you I was a 26 yr Caucasian male? would I still be considered a racist?

Posted on: 2010/4/14 20:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
My 10 people that contribute nothing to society do not mug people thank you very much.

I dont need to watch my mouth. I make judgements about you from what you say in this forum. Just the fact that you always need to explain yourself says enough. get over it, get over yourself, your not going to earn a medal. You worked hard for your money, we get it. So do the rest of us so we can choose to get drunk, talk like we're in a rap video and and act like a fool next to you next time your're at the bier garden.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 20:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Nori wrote:

LaimDozer ? that?s a great outlook. You provided us with a lot of intelligent thought on this topic.

Glitter Queen ? have you ever been to Hoboken on the weekends? Almost everyone in the bars there drove in and are in their 20?s, if you are ok with that scene, go there. You see just as much fighting, broken bottles on streets and people screaming at night. But it?s ok bc they are young and white so a lot less threatening.

TommyC ? I?d rather have 10 drunk minorities that contribute nothing in society in this city than have one of you. You are whats wrong with this country and people like you I cannot stand. You think too highly of yourself and that the world owes you something bc of that. Let me tell you that you?re no better than the bum asking for some change on the streets bc your ass will be rotting 6 feet under just like he will. (fyi - that is not a threat, just a fact that everyone will eventually die)

Good to see you have high hopes for your city, sweetie!

I am what's wrong with this COUNTRY??? Really?

I think the world owes me something? Really? I've had between 1 and 3 simultaneous jobs since literally the DAY that I turned 12 years old. But you'd rather have 10 people that contribute nothing to society, than 1 of me? You don't think the unemployed lowlives who are mugging people think that the world owes THEM something? Never for a moment in my life have I thought that ANYBODY owed me ANYTHING. You should watch your mouth. You know nothing about the people that you verbally attack on this message board.

And if it matters to you, I'd rather have 26 yuppies that contribute something to society than 1 unemployed lowlife. Thankfully, most people in this city agree with me.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Nori wrote:

There already have been too many such incidents. How many do you want? How much violence and depravity becomes uncomfortable for you?

* In 2008, I called the cops to stop a two-party streetfight. They showed up, but a bit late.

* In 2008, I called the cops to stop a multi-party streetfight. They rolled in with cars and big police van coming up the wrong way on the street.

* In 2008, I called the cops to alert them of prostitution occuring in a car in front of my house. Well, it certainly seemed like a business transaction. If nothing else, it was public but not paid for lewdness.

* In 2008?, a driver near Latin Lounge plowed through a few people after a bouncer told him to buzz off.

* Last year, an automatic weapon was hidden in a shoebox on the wall across from Indio's... next to the nursery school.

* Last year, a man was stabbed closer to/ across from The Lamppost.

* Last week, a man was stabbed on Brunswick.

AND numerous complaints of noise, etc.

How many am I forgetting AND/OR unaware of? Just ask "The Village" association. They know of others as well.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 18:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/4/14 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Whoever is truly interested in helping out to close these places, or at worst at least have some more police presence, email me. My email address is in my profile. I will do a group emailing and keep everyone informed as to what is going on.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 13:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GlitterQueen wrote:
If Indios is such a staple why does it appear as if most of the people who go there drive there? Every Thursday night there is no parking on First because of Indios. Yeah it is some people in the neighborhood but it is a lot of people who do not live close enough to walk and drive piss drunk home.

I didn't notice the bar when i moved to this part of downtown but I don't think it is unacceptable how the people who go to Indios behave. I am so tired of finding beer bottles in the street, people getting drunk and hitting cars, large groups of men in their like 40's hanging out on the street.. you are in your 40's what the hell are you doing. No i don't like drunk 20 something year olds but at least i can kinda understand that.
don't we have hookers who go back by cresent court b/c of that place? This makes me racist tho.

1st streetguy... jesus please do that. you know it is only going to get worse as it gets warmer. I was yelling at them to shut up and they couldn't hear me because they are yelling like drill sgts.

when i lived there... it was pretty much just as you say.

they're not local.

they fight and siht everywhere.

i've seen prostitution from my window... cops didnt come though.

damn BBQs and crap in the summer.

they're crud and selfish.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 3:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
If Indios is such a staple why does it appear as if most of the people who go there drive there? Every Thursday night there is no parking on First because of Indios. Yeah it is some people in the neighborhood but it is a lot of people who do not live close enough to walk and drive piss drunk home.

I didn't notice the bar when i moved to this part of downtown but I don't think it is unacceptable how the people who go to Indios behave. I am so tired of finding beer bottles in the street, people getting drunk and hitting cars, large groups of men in their like 40's hanging out on the street.. you are in your 40's what the hell are you doing. No i don't like drunk 20 something year olds but at least i can kinda understand that.
don't we have hookers who go back by cresent court b/c of that place? This makes me racist tho.

1st streetguy... jesus please do that. you know it is only going to get worse as it gets warmer. I was yelling at them to shut up and they couldn't hear me because they are yelling like drill sgts.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 1:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mmmcoffee wrote:
I walk by the fried chicken place late night a lot and as a single female I never feel threatened in anyway. Most of the time I feel comfortable BECAUSE there is a business open and people on the street.

The discomfort comes the morning after eating the deep fried food.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 0:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mmmcoffee wrote:
I walk by the fried chicken place late night a lot and as a single female I never feel threatened in anyway. Most of the time I feel comfortable BECAUSE there is a business open and people on the street.

Exactly!

A higher concentration of (respectable) nightlife options will increase safety at least slightly.

Like it or hate it, the beer garden has become a destination and has added an element of foot traffic to the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2010/4/13 21:51

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/5 14:14
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/4/13 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

Late at night it is scary in front of the fried chicken place on Newark and Jersey. I feel sorry for anyone who buys a condo in the new building next to Capitol One

I love latenight chicken shack. The other night, I saw a girl in high heels, obviously coming home from a night of drinking, grab her bag of chicken and iterally run out of there and down the block after a "minority" sup'd her.

Hollywood Fried Chicken is not at all scary. Its a delicious addition to the late night community. Also, its one of the few places open late night. I really wish one of the pizzerias would clue in and at least stay open until 2.

Posted on: 2010/4/13 16:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
After the exciting talk here I tried checking out Indios last night but it seemed like it was closed. What's the deal?

Posted on: 2010/4/13 16:17

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tattooboz wrote:
If you want a quit neighborhood, you should consider moving bsck where you came from! Chilltown is not the suburbs and it will never be. Furthermore, Indios bar is a staple in the community and will be for many years to come. Didnt you do your research before you moved into the area??

Baloney. Indios is a fairly new place and certainly not a "staple of the community". Unless you are a drunken thug looking to rumble at 2AM.

Posted on: 2010/4/13 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Late at night it is scary in front of the fried chicken place on Newark and Jersey. I feel sorry for anyone who buys a condo in the new building next to Capitol One

I love latenight chicken shack. The other night, I saw a girl in high heels, obviously coming home from a night of drinking, grab her bag of chicken and iterally run out of there and down the block after a "minority" sup'd her.

Posted on: 2010/4/13 14:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/3 0:52
Group:
Registered Users
Some of us newbies just didn't realize the type of element that frequents these bars existed in our neighborhood! Guess we *should have* figured that out before buying the nice condo around the corner!

But seriously, hindsight is 20/20. Now that we're in the situation, we can work to find a way to better our neighborhood. It's fine to have a bar nearby, but doesn't mean we should settle for broken beer bottles, fighting, thuggery, and drug dealing in the vicinity of our homes!

I agree with all those who noted that the majority of the bar patrons are not from the immediate surrounding area. Full disclosure: I live around the corner from the Barge Inn. No, it is not particularly loud on a given weekend night. Yes, it is shady. Yes, patrons do leave unsightly trash everywhere, loiter on the street corner, and drink in the street.

Posted on: 2010/4/13 12:07

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017