Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: MorrisCanal Park -- for dogs or kids?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/7 3:21
Group:
Registered Users
There is a group who is trying to improve the park and a dog run is a part of that plan. Unfortunately, after the group made progress with DEP and Jersey City, funding was pulled due to the bad economy.

Posted on: 2010/4/13 14:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
i think its completely unfair that people openly let thier dogs run off leash and be out of control. no parents should have to worry about thier child being approached by a strange dog if they prefer it to not happen. i know its a much different situation but i own a small breed senior dog that does not appreciate being played with, often roughly, by every dog that runs by. usually i just pick him up since its not a big deal but i shouldnt have to. if some of the dogs would actually come when called, i'd feel a bit better.

Posted on: 2010/4/13 13:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I think everyone would like to see the park improved, but given a lack of funding, its probably not going to happen for a while. As to off leash dogs, there are already laws regarding the issue. As for off leash children, there ought to be laws regarding the issue.

Posted on: 2010/4/13 2:36

MorrisCanal Park -- for dogs or kids?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/15 18:36
Group:
Registered Users
I never thought much of Morris Canal Park before I had a kid. Now I see it as a much needed, nearby and grassy retreat for my ever curious toddler. I do, however, find myself grossed out by poop and pee and scared by dogs off their leash.

Let me note that I am absolutely a dog lover and realize that dogs need parks too. I think that dog owners must be equally frustrated by curious kids and having to leash their dog (those that do).

I could go to VVP, but the same argument could be made for the dogs. So my questions is - who is Morris Canal for? Dogs or kids? Does anyone want to see changes made (i.e. a dog run) so everyone can happily (and safely) use it?

Posted on: 2010/4/13 2:17

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017