Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Downtown: Man stabbed and robbed on First and Brunswick going to bar

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/8 13:05
Group:
Registered Users
If you want a quit neighborhood, you should consider moving bsck where you came from! Chilltown is not the suburbs and it will never be. Furthermore, Indios bar is a staple in the community and will be for many years to come. Didnt you do your research before you moved into the area??

Posted on: 2010/4/13 12:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GlitterQueen wrote:
Quote:

by 1stStGuy on 2010/4/12 14:44:40

If it were all about noise, I would have included the douchebags on 2nd st that play beer pong and yell at the top of their lungs unnecessarily. .

are you talking about those morons that were yelling for hours yesterday(sunday) I really wish i had water balloons and a good arm i could have gotten at least one of them. they like to sing while drunk too.

Indios is really scary. I am a woman and I really don't like to be outside at night. I don't even like walking near the place after work. they guys are creepy as hell.

The apt on 2nd street, whose backyard is directly behind the park. The one with the dogs and the red light bulb, yeah that's them. They give ZERO shits about their neighbors. It's so convienent that their backyard is open to the next block, with nothing to contain the sound.

I'm buying a dozen eggs and leaving them out in the sun for the next time. Just toss them over the park.

Posted on: 2010/4/13 11:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ratslayer wrote:
The Beer Garden is about family, not frat boys. Stop making up stuff, moron

You know we're talking about the beer garden in Jersey City, right?

Posted on: 2010/4/13 2:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
tommy - so whats your solution? get all the black and hispanics (who have a higher percentage of committing a crime - according to your research) and push em out of downtown? The world would be such a greater place for you, I mean us.

Posted on: 2010/4/13 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

by 1stStGuy on 2010/4/12 14:44:40

If it were all about noise, I would have included the douchebags on 2nd st that play beer pong and yell at the top of their lungs unnecessarily. .

are you talking about those morons that were yelling for hours yesterday(sunday) I really wish i had water balloons and a good arm i could have gotten at least one of them. they like to sing while drunk too.

Indios is really scary. I am a woman and I really don't like to be outside at night. I don't even like walking near the place after work. they guys are creepy as hell.

Posted on: 2010/4/13 0:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Crushthedemoniac, I have no idea if your last post was directed at me or not, but ... I challenge you to find evidence that I have ever judged peoples' personalities without knowing them. Might I judge a NEIGHBORHOOD based on my knowledge and experiences in the neighborhood? Yes. That's what people do. But never have I judged people as individuals without knowing anything about them.

Again, it's not clear whether your post is directed at me or not, but when did I tell you to leave JC? I thought you didn't even live in JC?

Regarding your "hard to get along with" comment (again not sure if this is directed at me), but you are the only person on this message board who I don't get along with on a regular basis.

I've never been called pretentious before. I don't know where you would even get the impression that I am pretentious. Pretentious means having an over-inflated sense of self worth, which is a quality that I really don't think I have ever exhibited here, or in "real" life.

Well then once again we must agree to disagree.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 21:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Crushthedemoniac, I have no idea if your last post was directed at me or not, but ... I challenge you to find evidence that I have ever judged peoples' personalities without knowing them. Might I judge a NEIGHBORHOOD based on my knowledge and experiences in the neighborhood? Yes. That's what people do. But never have I judged people as individuals without knowing anything about them.

Again, it's not clear whether your post is directed at me or not, but when did I tell you to leave JC? I thought you didn't even live in JC?

Regarding your "hard to get along with" comment (again not sure if this is directed at me), but you are the only person on this message board who I don't get along with on a regular basis.

I've never been called pretentious before. I don't know where you would even get the impression that I am pretentious. Pretentious means having an over-inflated sense of self worth, which is a quality that I really don't think I have ever exhibited here, or in "real" life.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 21:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
On that note I retire from this board for the last time. Peace.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 20:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
PS I have a good education, good job, and usually go against the norm onthis board. For some reason people cant handle it and feel the need to chalk it up to jealousy or lack of education??? Im really starting to wonder whats worse off for JC the pretentious pr**ks or the mindless scumbag thugs that seem to kill for fun.

The sight of a clean-cut white guy in a custom suit drinking a Starbucks coffee fills you with bile and causes you to seethe, but other than that you probably have no issues.

Correct. Crushthedemoniac apparently has the ability to judge people as "pretentious pricks" without ever meeting them or knowing anything about them. What a skill he's got.

Exactly just how you judge people in any other section of Jersey City. Get a clue buddy, you make it hard for anyone to get along with you. Im acctually a clean cut white guy, with a good education and job. However I should leave JC because you came here and said so right? You have a great view on the city and great positivity but you really need to open your mind a little more and stop being so pretentious.
Oh and trust me I dont judge a white guy in a suit downtown, I go more by peoples attitudes on here and personal experience.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Nori wrote:
Here's a suggestion...move and stop crying about it.

How DARE people care about the city they live in and try to improve it, making it a safer, better place. How dare.

That's essentially what you're saying.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Nori wrote:

Great stuff!

* The yuppie pricks should move and stop crying about the crime.
* The old school bozos should move and stop crying about the gentrification.
* The hipster dorks should move and stop crying about the lack of organic brew pubs.
* The lazy thugs should move and stop crying about losing their customer base.
* Ditto for the small businesses.
*The grammas should move and stop crying about how much the neighborhood has changed.
*The cops and firemen can't move because they all live in Bayonne already.

Who's left? An eye for an eye left the whole town behind. But stopped crying about it, at least.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 19:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 18:54
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/4/12 19:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
PS I have a good education, good job, and usually go against the norm onthis board. For some reason people cant handle it and feel the need to chalk it up to jealousy or lack of education??? Im really starting to wonder whats worse off for JC the pretentious pr**ks or the mindless scumbag thugs that seem to kill for fun.

The sight of a clean-cut white guy in a custom suit drinking a Starbucks coffee fills you with bile and causes you to seethe, but other than that you probably have no issues.

Correct. Crushthedemoniac apparently has the ability to judge people as "pretentious pricks" without ever meeting them or knowing anything about them. What a skill he's got.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 19:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:

If it were all about noise, I would have included the douchebags on 2nd st that play beer pong and yell at the top of their lungs unnecessarily. It's about the bars themselves, and the element they attract, plain and simple. There are several young ladies who live in the immediate surrounding area, and to a woman none of them feel safe around Indio's, especially walking alone after nightfall.

Yeah. I understand. I used to live across from Indios. What a pain in my ass to see all that fighting and scumbaggery with only occasionally a timely police response.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alanwright wrote:

If 1stStreetGuy lived on the corner of Montgomery and Washington, he'd be complaining about the noise from York Street Tavern and Grand Banks. I don't know who goes to those places, but I know they get a diverse crowd of people who TEND NOT TO drive on the sidewalks, throw bottles, stab each other, etc.

1stStreetGuy lives on 1st Street so he's concerned about Indio's and Latin Lounge. The Music Box and The Barge Inn have had a few incidents, as have Indio's and the LL. Actually, The Barge Inn seems to attract working-class white patrons.

This seems NOT to be about race, but about class and whether bar patrons know when to shut up, go home, and not stab each other.

If it were all about noise, I would have included the douchebags on 2nd st that play beer pong and yell at the top of their lungs unnecessarily. It's about the bars themselves, and the element they attract, plain and simple. There are several young ladies who live in the immediate surrounding area, and to a woman none of them feel safe around Indio's, especially walking alone after nightfall.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:

Posted on: 2010/4/12 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2010/4/12 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Mmm hmm I see. Something tells me that if there was any real danger the cops would be doing something about it. Could it just be paranoia some of you are feeling? If a pan handler or bum makes you un-easy thier is always other quaint North Jersey suburban towns to set up shop in.

Yeah, because we ALL know that PD in this town is top notch. Chief Wiggum is a better cop by accident. The only time the rank and file give a shit about anything is when they are TOLD to, the rest of the time they are all about doing as little as possible, while trying to collect as much as possible.

And this differs from 90% of society how? Im not the biggest fan of police myself, alot of them are worse than criminals but if there is any real danger something tells me they wouldnt just turn the other cheek. Its not like bums, pan handlers or any other seedy llooking person pay them off to turn a deaf ear.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

aoao wrote:

welcome to the hood 1ststguy! too bad you never said anything about lucky 7s or white star. they have a rowdy/loud crowd there too that pours on to the street. duh. but maybe because that there's all "caucasian" people there and those are the bars you frequent.... what a jerk. leave those bars alone, or those people will go in to your favorite "white" bar and ruin your night.

im assuming you're a lucky 7 kind of guy. beach blanket bingo night is coming up. enjoy, buddy!

If 1stStreetGuy lived on the corner of Montgomery and Washington, he'd be complaining about the noise from York Street Tavern and Grand Banks. I don't know who goes to those places, but I know they get a diverse crowd of people who TEND NOT TO drive on the sidewalks, throw bottles, stab each other, etc.

1stStreetGuy lives on 1st Street so he's concerned about Indio's and Latin Lounge. The Music Box and The Barge Inn have had a few incidents, as have Indio's and the LL. Actually, The Barge Inn seems to attract working-class white patrons.

This seems NOT to be about race, but about class and whether bar patrons know when to shut up, go home, and not stab each other.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 17:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Mmm hmm I see. Something tells me that if there was any real danger the cops would be doing something about it. Could it just be paranoia some of you are feeling? If a pan handler or bum makes you un-easy thier is always other quaint North Jersey suburban towns to set up shop in.

Yeah, because we ALL know that PD in this town is top notch. Chief Wiggum is a better cop by accident. The only time the rank and file give a shit about anything is when they are TOLD to, the rest of the time they are all about doing as little as possible, while trying to collect as much as possible.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Re Beer Garden:

Any truth to the rumor that they wont let anyone in with visable tattoos? EG a dude with a sleeve in a t-shirt?

Posted on: 2010/4/12 13:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
I live very close to the beer garden, and I never hear or see any type of "ruckus" near closing time. It just attracts a higher class of people ... whether you like it, or not. Plain and simple. Some things just are, what they are.

You gotta be kidding me. The beer garden attracts the mindless frat boys from Hoboken, if thats a higher class of people well then you my friend have a pretty distorted shelterd view of people and life in general. Yea bros puking in the parking lot is real high class, I think id rather the thugs.

I'm no fan of the frat boy beer chugging either, but I'd rather live near an establishment like that than a ghetto bar with ghetto patrons. Frat dudes don't carry guns or knives, and they won't shoot you.

Posted on: 2010/4/11 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
I think the point is that most, if not all of us, would prefer a "frat boy" bar where we can walk down the street and marvel in their stupidity and immaturity to a bar full of customers who cause trouble to the point some may be afraid to walk down the street.

Beer Garden is not necessarily a "higher" class of customers, but a different class.

I went to das Zepp last Friday with my wife and her two female friends. We were all horrified for various reasons. I was very dissapointed to be served a flat pint of Leffe blonde in a plastic mug. The crowd resembled the Sand Bar on a bad night. The girls were creaped out by the spikey headed Axe cologne wearing dudes and the trashy chicks who love them. And yea, ther were some frat boys chugging litres to the point of vomiting right next to us. Prost, Peter Mocco!!

Posted on: 2010/4/10 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I think the point is that most, if not all of us, would prefer a "frat boy" bar where we can walk down the street and marvel in their stupidity and immaturity to a bar full of customers who cause trouble to the point some may be afraid to walk down the street.

Beer Garden is not necessarily a "higher" class of customers, but a different class.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 18:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ratslayer wrote:

So is this guy serious or what?

Posted on: 2010/4/10 15:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/17 18:59
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Absolutely.

I can't think of a finer venue to bring my family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDIwZuvLR5s

Posted on: 2010/4/10 14:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/19 21:19
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/4/10 7:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
I live very close to the beer garden, and I never hear or see any type of "ruckus" near closing time. It just attracts a higher class of people ... whether you like it, or not. Plain and simple. Some things just are, what they are.

You gotta be kidding me. The beer garden attracts the mindless frat boys from Hoboken, if thats a higher class of people well then you my friend have a pretty distorted shelterd view of people and life in general. Yea bros puking in the parking lot is real high class, I think id rather the thugs.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 3:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

thatgirl wrote:
I live at Cole Street and Newark Ave. I have noticed in the last three months or so, there are a lot of shady characters hanging around the block/area, especially really late at night. I have seen the police around twice, I've been woken up by large crowds yelling just outside on Newark, especially on weekends.

When I moved to JC last July, I had no problem or worries walking home from the Path by myself. Now, I am uncomfortable walking after dark, there are packs of people running around. Even if I dress ugly they harass seemingly any women that walks by.

There is a homeless man who has been stationed for months at the corner of Cole Street and Newark also - I am really tired of being begged for money every day when I walk home - the police need to be patroling this neighborhood much more frequently, and they need to crack down not only on the shady people running around but also the panhandlers. There are at least three, they are in the same place every day.

The lucky 7 bar has been filmed for NBC medical drama "Mercy" at least three times this year, in February they made a fake St Patrick's day fair, and they were filming last week over here also. There were six cops standing around for the St Patrick's filming doing virtually nothing, when there was a panhandler begging within a block of them who is there every day.

No offense to you personally but what exactly did you expect upon moving here? I dont get this mentality that all the transplants have where they think they are entitled to some enchanted mecca where they will encounter nothing but "professionals" and all american gentrifiers on their evening walks. Perhaps JC is not for you.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 3:23

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/20 18:13
Group:
Registered Users
I live at Cole Street and Newark Ave. I have noticed in the last three months or so, there are a lot of shady characters hanging around the block/area, especially really late at night. I have seen the police around twice, I've been woken up by large crowds yelling just outside on Newark, especially on weekends.

When I moved to JC last July, I had no problem or worries walking home from the Path by myself. Now, I am uncomfortable walking after dark, there are packs of people running around. Even if I dress ugly they harass seemingly any women that walks by.

There is a homeless man who has been stationed for months at the corner of Cole Street and Newark also - I am really tired of being begged for money every day when I walk home - the police need to be patroling this neighborhood much more frequently, and they need to crack down not only on the shady people running around but also the panhandlers. There are at least three, they are in the same place every day.

The lucky 7 bar has been filmed for NBC medical drama "Mercy" at least three times this year, in February they made a fake St Patrick's day fair, and they were filming last week over here also. There were six cops standing around for the St Patrick's filming doing virtually nothing, when there was a panhandler begging within a block of them who is there every day.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 2:17

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017