Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 161

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Trio of thugs grab man and rob him at 5:30 p.m. -- between Journal Square & the Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
As an old-timer I have to admit it seems like JC is all of a sudden out of control...seems like old times. Strange the JCPD holds a press conference to announce a decline in crime, right after that there are 3 or 4 stories about crime printed in the JJ everyday. In every section of the city, no place is safe!!!

The Skillman and Van Winkle crime was a surprise that section below JS is...err I mean was pretty safe.

JC History: Years ago there was a bad mugging spree in the India Square area. A wolf..err I mean a pussy pack of young punks (say that 3 times fast) was beating Indian JC citizens and robbing them. At the time the city was installing security cameras in the area. The cops set up a sting. They had under-cover cops in the area on foot and in cars. The cops at the sta tion were monitoring the cameras. Sure enough the camera?s picked up a large group of pussies around the intersection of Newark and Tonnele Avenues. The cops grabbed the punks just as they were about to rob a poor old Indian guy. I think they were one second late and the poor guy got clocked in the head. The video of bust made it to news stations around the country and CNN. It was a big deal because the whole security cameras in cities issue/debate was just picking up. It was great seeing the 10 or so punks scatter as the cops chased them down and pounced on them! Turns out the punks were kids. I think some as young as 12.

PS - Why would you post a map/picture of Dey St. and Tonnele Ave? The crime happened on Van Winkle more toward the Blvd. behind WC. As seen in the first post.

As long as you did here is some history on that area. Ok you know about the old American Can Company being converted into condo?s CANCO. (bad timing on that project) There are two very early JC condo conversion projects on the corner of St Paul?s and Tonnele Avenues. The first is the old Brunswick Laundry. There was a great old chimney attached to the complex but it had to be ripped down because it was unstable. Too bad. The second is across from St. Ann?s Polish Church. It was the churches old grammar school. A lot of bloody hands haunt the halls of that school. Those old-country Polish nuns were killers with the wooden rulers!!! I know someone who was beaten regularly because he was left handed. The nuns thought he was evil because he not only wrote with his left hand he was also only half Polish. Sinner!!.

And I will throw this tidbit in... the nasty house that housed the nasty kitchen that supplied the nasty Banana Leaf food truck is right around the corner on St. Paul?s. Funny I would see them loading up that nasty truck every day not realizing that it was on its way to DTJC to feed you hipsters. Sorry.

As we travel down St. Paul?s there was a nice old mans traven to the right called The Four Aces. Prefect name I remember the sign it had four cards on it ..four aces. Long gone.

Down further by the railroad tracks was one of the hottest night life areas in JC. That was during the late 70?s and early 80?s. There was a bar/club called The Soap Creek Saloon. They had live music some great bands. The place was packed on Friday and Saturday nights also on a couple of week nights. There were long lines to get in, they even charged an admission. Those were the good old days when the drinking age was 18 in 1973, 19 in 1980. It was eventually raised to 21 in 1983..bummer.

The Soap Creek eventually became a sort of dance club called Foxes. It wasn?t that good it attracted a lot of NY people. (yeah you) All kinds of fights and roits. I think the city eventually pulled its liquor license. Maybe the last straw was an off duty JC cop working as a bouncer beating some drunken fool. (not sure about this one, any old-timers remember?)

Back then closing time was 3:00 am and all roads lead to the Colonette Diner, VIP Diner, or White Castle. (Yummy) That was when the real party started!!

Posted on: 2010/3/8 17:24

Re: Trio of thugs grab man and rob him at 5:30 p.m. -- between Journal Square & the Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcboyz wrote:
We need to get rid of all of the old cops who just dont care and do nothing all day long and bring in young studs with some work ethic! These criminals are so obvious when they walk down the street. PROFILE these scumbags and get them out of my town! Giuliani did it best with quality of life arrests. If you see the jaywalk, give them a ticket, if you seem the throw a cigarette, approach them and fine them, frisk them.

FU-K EM

Actually it's the newer cops that are the problem. I can't speak for the West District but things are a lot better in the North District than they were a couple of years ago. Many younger cops have already been throne off the force for various crimes.

Dey St is also pretty cut off which makes it a great place to go looking for victims.

Posted on: 2010/3/8 16:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 23:23
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds like a familiar technique used around Marion PJs for years., they usually put you to sleep, but I guess they didn't have enough time.

Be very careful out there, even when it's the middle of the day.

Posted on: 2010/3/8 15:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/23 2:17
Group:
Registered Users
This is just sick!

Posted on: 2010/3/8 2:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
surprised since i'm usually at canco anywhere from 2-8 on any day of the week walking dogs. sick.

Posted on: 2010/3/4 8:04

Re: Trio of thugs grab Jersey City man and rob him in Little India
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Quote:
Annod wrote: Correct Headline: Trio of thugs grab Jersey City man and rob him in Little India This happened during rush hour, and it happened right behind White Castle. This is on the way to the Canco Lofts. I work at Journal Square and sometimes I leave around 6:30 or 7. Disturbing.

Posted on: 2010/3/4 1:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/7 23:14
Group:
Registered Users
Wonderful. One of the safer places in town - during a very busy time - and this still goes down...

Posted on: 2010/3/4 1:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
We need to get rid of all of the old cops who just dont care and do nothing all day long and bring in young studs with some work ethic! These criminals are so obvious when they walk down the street. PROFILE these scumbags and get them out of my town! Giuliani did it best with quality of life arrests. If you see the jaywalk, give them a ticket, if you seem the throw a cigarette, approach them and fine them, frisk them.

FU-K EM

Posted on: 2010/3/4 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Same M.O. of the trio that robbed a guy on Garrison and Bond a few weeks back: Ambush, choke hold, and two go through the victim's pockets.

Friggin scum.

Posted on: 2010/3/4 1:12

Trio of thugs grab Jersey City man and rob him in Little India
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Correct Headline: Trio of thugs grab Jersey City man and rob him in Little India

This happened during rush hour, and it happened right behind White Castle. This is on the way to the Canco Lofts.

I work at Journal Square and sometimes I leave around 6:30 or 7. Disturbing.

Posted on: 2010/3/3 20:08

Trio of thugs grab man and rob him at 5:30 p.m. -- between Journal Square & the Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Trio of thugs grab Jersey City man and rob him near Journal Square Wednesday, March 03, 2010 A Jersey City man was locked in a choke hold and robbed by three men off Journal Square Monday evening, officials said. The 29-year-old Skillman Avenue man was walking at Skillman and Van Winkle avenues at about 5:30 p.m. when he was grabbed from behind and choked by one man as two others took his wallet, cell phone and $6, reports said. Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to call the Jersey City police tip line at (201) 547-JAIL. MICHAELANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2010/3/3 16:20

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017