Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: TAX PROTEST Feb 24th City Hall - WE'RE GONNA RUN THIS TOWN!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Damn, Spanky does kind of look like Healy in that picture.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 3:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Lot's of people are getting excited about the rally, I see a great turnout.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 3:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/31 0:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
WE'RE GONNA RUN THIS TOWN?

Were you thinking of something like this...

Resized Image

That's who is already running this town.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 0:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
WE'RE GONNA RUN THIS TOWN? Were you thinking of something like this... ....or more something like this? Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/2/22 14:38

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/11 21:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

West wrote:
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:

Outside of JCList, I don't think anyone in town knows there's a new tax increase coming. I've been talking about it with friends and neighbors and it's news to all of them. Is word getting out to the community, or are we just hoping enough JCList lurkers manage to show up?

Word is getting out to every part of the city.

Meetings with Neighborhood Associations, contacting businesses, flyering.

I got a call from someone that went to service today (not downtown), he told me the fliers were even there.

Will these community associations be representing their districts and speaking at the feb 24 council meeting or are they providing a forum for a discussion to take place so that residents may vent frustration? I'd expect all the organization heads to actually speak at the meeting or stop telling everyone they represent others. I would think they'd be working 24/7 to get the word out about the increases, and if not, never too late to start. Still got a couple of days to do it!

The petition shows a lot of anonymous names. What's up with that?

Posted on: 2010/2/22 13:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
Quote:
by West on 2010/2/21 9:10:58 I spoke with several people yesterday who had no idea that there was a new tax increase coming our way. The City needs to hear us loud and clear.

Outside of JCList, I don't think anyone in town knows there's a new tax increase coming. I've been talking about it with friends and neighbors and it's news to all of them. Is word getting out to the community, or are we just hoping enough JCList lurkers manage to show up?

It puzzles me how they could NOT know. I guess the increments are small being billed in each quarter, they probably won't notice till the end of the year. Either that or they are tossing it up to inflation. I know some people that are so brainwashed if one were to get a bill in the mail they would immediately write a check whether it was theirs to pay or not. One guy even stated "I can't go down there I voted for the councilman, it's probably the new comers complaining anyway".

Posted on: 2010/2/22 12:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NorthBergen wrote:
Quote:

Charon wrote:

If you want to target unions target Police and Fire. They are the worst offenders bankrupting this City.

Joseph Krajnik is the President of the Firefighters Union and collects two paychecks. He is assigned to the Union Hall while be paid as a firefighter. His salary is over 95, 000 a year and also collects another check from the Union. Why the hell should tax payers pay his firefighter salary when he only does union business?

Someone should ask the council way this is allowed to continue. Business as usual.

And if the above doesn't make your skin crawl: The Firefighters Union pay a total of 1.00 a year rent to the city for use of the entire building as a Union Hall.
Gotta love them ratable's JC style!

This guy Krajnik is no stranger to city council meetings years back he jumped on the table in front of city clerk Robert Byrne screaming about one of his many plights.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 12:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:

Word is getting out to every part of the city.

Meetings with Neighborhood Associations, contacting businesses, flyering.

I got a call from someone that went to service today (not downtown), he told me the fliers were even there.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 6:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
by West on 2010/2/21 9:10:58 I spoke with several people yesterday who had no idea that there was a new tax increase coming our way. The City needs to hear us loud and clear.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 6:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/16 2:47
Group:
Registered Users
Can some of you speaking at the Council meeting please mention the school board election on April 20th? I'm not asking anybody to vote for anybody, just ask people to vote.

It is truly the only sure-fire way to guarantee change in government.

And just in case you don't think this election has anything to do with the tax increase, please take note of this: Christie's instituting across-the-board school budget cuts which will have to be made up for by the city which will take it out of the tax-payers' pockets unless there's new blood in the school system to cut some fat in the budget. Already property taxes cover a portion of that budget and they will have to be raised more to cover more of it.

We'll see in the coming weeks which of the candidates have the right stuff. Until then, we've got to get people excited to go out and vote.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 0:26

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/11 21:45
Group:
Registered Users
I'll put up some fliers. I'm planning to attend.

Posted on: 2010/2/21 16:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/21 18:47
Group:
Banned
I just forwarded to a hundred contacts!

KEEP focused and serious people!

Posted on: 2010/2/21 16:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

whospeaksforyou wrote:

You want to run this town? Don't just go to the Council meeting. Organize your supporters there into a GOTV operation for April 20th.

That's 100% right.

Will you help work on that at the meeting?

PM me.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2010/2/21 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Who is in charge of the pregame tailgate?? :)

Seriously, it might not be a bad idea for those who are able to meet up before hand and compare notes - maybe at the Majestic or Zeppelin Hall or somewhere else similarly close to City Hall.

Posted on: 2010/2/19 21:00

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/15 23:45
Group:
Registered Users
I'll be there! And I'll register ahead of time so I can put my words into the record.

And it is true we need to get out the vote. A hundred protesters helps, but we need tens of thousands of voters to make a difference.

And we need citizens to call their councilmen every day and tie up their time so they have to work on what we want them to work on.

Collectively we are the CEO's of Jersey City, but if only 1% of us are paying attention, then this city will fail. Take a look at Harrisburg, PA, we're next unless we make big changes.

Union pensions and benefits are part of it, definitely, they need to share our pain. But abatements, no show jobs, double dipping, JCMUA, and other wasteful spending has to stop.

And it's not just about reducing costs, we need to generate revenue. Put people back to work with green jobs, that takes money away from coal and oil companies and puts in back in our pockets.

We had a good crowd in January. We need a bigger crowd next week, and we have to wake everyone up so they'll join us. Despair means failure and failure is not an option. I'm not going to say to my kids that Jersey City fell apart on my watch.

Posted on: 2010/2/19 20:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I've voted in every primary and election.

You know what I got for it?

Cazzo.

It's time for a new approach.

City Hall protests - phase one.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 5:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
We had over 300 people at the last protest and will have over 500 at this one.

Quote:

jc73 wrote:
I'll bet nobody shows up to protest and for the next election the same people will be voted in.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 5:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
While you are correct we need to get people to come out and vote and it was a poor election turnout, we have to start somewhere.

We are working to mobilize people across Jersey City and have to start somewhere. Getting people to finally unite and come to council meetings is a start. From there we need people to come out and vote. Unless we continue to mobilize people across Jersey City as we are currently doing we would have poor voter turnout.

Let's continue to work to develop residents interest, and get them out to vote. We can start with the Board of Education election, then the special election for David Donnelly Council Seat and most likely Vega's and if the FBI get Healy one of these days, we can change the balance of power in JC.

Quote:

whospeaksforyou wrote:
You're not going to run anything until you get people to the polls.

There is an election April 20th for the Board of Education. Their budget is over $600 million. Some of which is paid from our property taxes.

You want to run this town? Don't just go to the Council meeting. Organize your supporters there into a GOTV operation for April 20th. The Council doesn't care about a bunch of people yelling and screaming. But a bunch of people yelling and screaming who then go out and swing an election away from the incumbents is something they will both notice AND be forced to act upon.

You have to threaten them where they live. Show them you can boo and hiss and they will ignore you. Show them you can win an election and they will fear you. And maybe things will start to change around here.

PS -- The winning candidates last year each got less than 3000 votes.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 5:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
I'll bet nobody shows up to protest and for the next election the same people will be voted in.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 4:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/16 2:47
Group:
Registered Users
You're not going to run anything until you get people to the polls.

There is an election April 20th for the Board of Education. Their budget is over $600 million. Some of which is paid from our property taxes.

You want to run this town? Don't just go to the Council meeting. Organize your supporters there into a GOTV operation for April 20th. The Council doesn't care about a bunch of people yelling and screaming. But a bunch of people yelling and screaming who then go out and swing an election away from the incumbents is something they will both notice AND be forced to act upon.

You have to threaten them where they live. Show them you can boo and hiss and they will ignore you. Show them you can win an election and they will fear you. And maybe things will start to change around here.

PS -- The winning candidates last year each got less than 3000 votes.

Posted on: 2010/2/18 4:07

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/24 5:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Charon wrote:

If you want to target unions target Police and Fire. They are the worst offenders bankrupting this City.

Joseph Krajnik is the President of the Firefighters Union and collects two paychecks. He is assigned to the Union Hall while be paid as a firefighter. His salary is over 95, 000 a year and also collects another check from the Union. Why the hell should tax payers pay his firefighter salary when he only does union business?

Someone should ask the council way this is allowed to continue. Business as usual.

And if the above doesn't make your skin crawl: The Firefighters Union pay a total of 1.00 a year rent to the city for use of the entire building as a Union Hall.
Gotta love them ratable's JC style!

Posted on: 2010/2/18 3:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
Corruptocrats ? How lame is that ?

Posted on: 2010/2/18 2:43

TAX PROTEST Feb 24th City Hall - WE'RE GONNA RUN THIS TOWN!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
WE are gonna Run This Town!

Take a stand with fellow Jersey City residents.

We have united.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/2/18 1:35

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact