Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
167 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 167

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Recent murders have some afraid -- DeFazio: Don't want to use the words 'gang war'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
Where are the undercover cops???? We never hear of anyone getting busted by under covers!!!! This area is breeding gang violence. These animals need to be caught or killed and bring back the death penalty!

Posted on: 2010/7/2 19:27

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Recent murders have some afraid -- DeFazio: Don't want to use the words 'gang war'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
2 people killed, and another shot at the same intersection in 5 months. If you look at Google street view they couldn?t make it down the street due to police activity. I have ridden my bike down that street and around that area a couple of times. I didnt think the immediate area was this bad, to me it didnt look that way.

Google street view

Posted on: 2010/7/2 15:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City pizza deliveryman shot in arm as he drives away from 2 bandits, police say

Friday, July 02, 2010
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City pizza deliveryman was shot early yesterday at the same location where two men were shot dead in February. Police believe that in both cases the victims were set up.

Delivering for a Greenville pizzeria at 1:11 a.m., the 47-year-old Country Village resident in yesterday's incident grew suspicious when he pulled up to a residence with no lights on at Corcoran Street at Woodlawn Avenue and saw a man hanging around outside, reports said.

Another man stepped out of the shadows and the two men approached the deliveryman's car, reports said.

One of the men took out a handgun and the other tried to open the car door as the victim hit the gas, reports said.

As the deliveryman pulled away he was shot in the upper left arm and he drove himself to the Jersey City Medical Center for treatment, reports said, adding that police responded to the hospital.

On Feb. 2, Mileak Richardson and Lester "Bleek" Thompson were killed at the same intersection after being robbed of cash, a cell phone and drugs, officials said, adding that police said they were "set up" as well.

Shiquan Bellamy, 19, of Arlington Avenue, was charged with those homicides and others, officials said.

Anyone with information on Thursday's shooting is asked to call the Jersey City police tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2010/7/2 12:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Polygraph isn't admissible in court in jersey right?

Posted on: 2010/2/11 3:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
2 Jersey City murder suspects hear charges; sister and girlfriend provide one with alibi

Wednesday, February 10, 2010
By SARAH RAHMAN
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The two Jersey City men arrested last weekend in the cold-blooded, execution-style double-homicide of cousins Mileak Richardson and Lester "Bleek" Thompson were calm and cool when they appeared before a judge yesterday to hear their charges.

Ronald "Diddy" Lawrence and Hakeem "Hak" Lester, both 21, remained quiet as they were read the charges by Judge Margaret Marley at Central Judicial Processing in Jersey City. The two appeared via video link from the Hudson County jail in Kearny, where they are each being held on $1 million bail.

Lawrence and Lester are charged with the murders of Richardson and Thompson at about 4:30 a.m. last Tuesday on Woodlawn Avenue. They are also charged with armed robbery and two counts of weapons possession.

Neither of the accused killers entered a plea, as they were represented by attorneys at the hearing.

Authorities said Richardson and Thompson were robbed of cash, a cell phone and drugs. Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio has said the victims were "set up" in a "premeditated and planned" event.

Lester was arrested on Saturday afternoon by Jersey City cops who boxed in his car at Kennedy Boulevard and Danforth Avenue. Lawrence turned himself in Sunday morning at the JCPD South District on Bergen Avenue, officials said.

No trial date has been set.

Lawrence's sister, Darmelia Lawrence, 19, and his pregnant girlfriend, Crystal Caldwell, 28, said Monday that Lawrence was with them at their Woodlawn Avenue home at the time of the fatal shooting.

They said he went voluntarily to the police station Sunday to "clear his name" after he heard from a family member that the police wanted to question him.

"He turned himself in because he knew he did nothing wrong," Darmelia Lawrence said. "He wants to take the lie detector test to prove it."

Caldwell said Lawrence is a "good person" who would not "have the heart" to shoot someone.

Journal staff writer Charles Hack contributed to this report.

Posted on: 2010/2/11 2:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Two men charged in Jersey City murders of Mileak Richardson, Lester Thompson

By Charles Hack/The Jersey Journal
February 07, 2010, 1:08PM

Resized Image
Hakeem Lester, 21, center, is held by two police officers yesterday afternoon on Kennedy Boulevard near Danforth in Jersey City. Lester and another man, Ronald Lawrence, are charged in last week's murders of Mileak Richardson and Lester Thompson on a Jersey City street.

Two Jersey City men were arrested yesterday in the cold-blooded murders of two men who were shot in the head five days ago, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

Ronald "Diddy" Lawrence, 21, and Hakeem "Hak" Lester, 21, both of Jersey City were each charged with two counts of felony murder and armed robbery, DeFazio said today.

Additional charges may be considered by the grand jury, the prosecutor. Police officers found cousins Lester "Bleek" Thompson, 26, and Mileak Richardson, 17, sprawled on the sidewalk face down at Woodlawn Avenue and Corcoran Street at around 4 a.m. Tuesday, DeFazio said.

DeFazio said that the victims were lured to the scene, where they were robbed of money, drugs and a cell phone, saying they had been "set up" in a "premeditated and planned" event. Lester was arrested without by incident by members of the Jersey City Police Department and Hudson County Prosecutors Office Homicide Unit after following a car he was in and boxing it in at Kennedy Boulevard and Danforth Avenue at around 4 p.m. yesterday, officials said.

Two other people in the car had nothing to do with the homicide, DeFazio said, although one was arrested on an unrelated warrant. Lawrence turned himself in this morning at around 11 a.m. at the JCPD South District on Bergen Avenue, DeFazio said.

The men were arrested on warrants issued by Superior Court Judge Melvin Kracov late Friday night and are being held on bail of $1 million cash, police said.

"This was a very comprehensive and time consuming investigation by the Jersey City Police Department and the Hudson County Prosecutors Office Homicide Unit," DeFazio said. "There is more work to be done."

DeFazio said that the investigation is ongoing and investigators are looking into the possibility a third person was involved. Anybody with information should call the Hudson County Prosecutors Office at (201) 915-1345.

Posted on: 2010/2/7 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
DeFazio does'nt want to use the term "gang war". OK so maybe he can call it a "debutante ball" or "tupperware party". It's a gang war anyway you call it. Within a week the body count will go up in retaliation and the JCPD has yet to get a handle on it.

Posted on: 2010/2/5 1:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Parenting stops when your 6ft under - Parenting starts before you play hide the sausage with your partner - Its pointless saying my child is uncontrolable if you raise them right from birth.
Parents need to look into the mirror if their child strays to the 'dark side'
Passing the buck on society or the government is crap.

Posted on: 2010/2/4 19:55
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Bergen Lafayette: Recent murders have some afraid -- DeFazio: Don't want to use the words 'gang war'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Recent murders have parents, teachers, and students afraid of what can happen

By The Jersey Journal
February 04, 2010, 8:54AM

Hasaunnie Hilliard, a parent and afterschool teacher, discusses the two murders that happened near the Whitney M. Young Jr. School on Tuesday.

Hasaunnie Hilliard can't believe how "bad" Jersey City has gotten.
Hilliard, a parent and afterschool teacher, sees violence "everywhere," she said, and after the double-homicide Tuesday on Woodlawn Avenue just blocks away from her job, she's beginning to lose hope.

"This is ridiculous, outlandish. I can't believe it's all happening so quick," said Hilliard as she shuffled kids outside Whitney M. Young Jr. School 15, located on Stegman Street, to the afterschool program at 141 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.

"Things are so different from when I was growing up. My 14-year-old son can't do things a normal teenager can like go out to a party because it's so scary out there."

The execution-style murders that killed Mileak Richardson, 17, and Lester "Bleek" Thompson, 26, in what is believed by officials to be gang-related, have shaken parents, and even kids.

"The kids are well aware of what's going on and it bothers a lot of them," said drama teacher Jeannin Verbert, a Bayonne resident. "Some of them have relatives that were murdered. What the area needs more of now are police patrols."

Bridgette Davis, a Danforth Avenue resident, agreed and doesn't believe recent reports that crime in Jersey City has gone down.
"I'm afraid for myself. I'm afraid for my niece, for my son and grandson that go to Snyder High School," said Davis, 49, a resident manager at Carmel House who picks up her 10-year-old niece after school from Whitney. "The crime rate is up, it's not going down."

Crossing guard Ernestine Dunbar, whose 17-year-old son was in a few classes at Snyder High School with Richardson while he attended, said the blame lies solely in the perpetrators, not in the city itself, since violence is "everywhere and there's no escaping it."

Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said, "I don't want to use the words 'gang war,' but some of these homicides, since last year until now are, to some degree, interrelated. Vengeance is certainly a component of what's going on.

DeFazio asked that anyone with information on the case should call the Homicide Unit at (201) 915-1345.

Posted on: 2010/2/4 14:51

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017