Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Lincoln Park: New Park Tavern - 'DISRESPECTED MY GIRL' - Customer smashes windows with bat
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Hey GTF no disrespect but come on?..

Quote:

GetTheFacts wrote:

You won't find as many blacks in the bar as you might think, because the neighorhood in the area is really italians, irish and other europeans, so it was surprising to see a man stating someone disrespected his girls and breaking car windows in the parking lot.

Are you talking about 1950?s JC or the present????

Quote:

GetTheFacts wrote:

It has been known before with cops having been told to get out with theirs guns before, and sergeants called in to get them out and leave the guns in the cars more than once.

Hopefully no thugs are on JC List because you just gave them a BIG Valentines Day present. (you better hope Vigilante doesn?t kick your butt for posting that information, it's hard enough fighting crime without guns in the mix)

Side note I found it funny that the JJ didn?t report the name of the bar. In its paper copy all it said was a tavern at 575 Westside Ave. I guess the JJ reporter is looking for a few free cold ones.

Posted on: 2010/2/5 16:20

Re: Lincoln Park: New Park Tavern - 'DISRESPECTED MY GIRL' - Customer smashes windows with bat
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
jcnight wrote: ...BTW Italian's and Irish and other Europeans have a temper. " Just Saying"
'DISRESPECTING HIS GIRL'

Posted on: 2010/2/5 15:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GetTheFacts wrote:
Yes that is the cop and fire fighter bar, I live in the neighbor hood and to not feel you at a hood bar it is the best place to go in the neighbood of West Bergen or West Side Avenue. When they get to know you are from the neighborhood, you can find the special privledges of going in the and staying late and for some like the cops and fire fighters very late after they have locked the doors, never have done it myself but I have heard it can be classified as the only 24/7 bar in the city since they are so in with the fire fighters and cops it is not even funny. Went there one St Pattys Day for Jersey City and boy was it packed, more packed that I had ever seen a bar in Jersey City on St Pattys Day for Jersey Citys celebration, the one downtown on Marin gets them too, but this one has both inside and outdoor space. Now this bar as many say is a mixed crowd and gets people from all over as it is well known for the best burgers in Jersey City since they are homemade and cooked on a grill, they must have 16-20 taps, since they have 2 different sets of taps with different brands on each. They are a cash only bar so no credit cards like downtown. You won't find as many blacks in the bar as you might think, because the neighorhood in the area is really italians, irish and other europeans, so it was surprising to see a man stating someone disrespected his girls and breaking car windows in the parking lot. It has been known before with cops having been told to get out with theirs guns before, and sergeants called in to get them out and leave the guns in the cars more than once.

I can't figure if this sounds like an ad for the bar or???
But... What prompted my response was the part where you stated " You won't find as many blacks in the bar as you might think, because the neighorhood in the area is really italians, irish and other europeans, so it was surprising to see a man stating someone disrespected his girls and breaking car windows in the parking lot."
DO I REALLY NEED TO POINT OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS STATEMENT? BTW Italian's and Irish and other Europeans have a temper. Oh and Cop's do too! Oh an NO i am not a liberal #OOPS#, I am just picking on your statement!
" Just Saying"

Posted on: 2010/2/5 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/30 0:28
From Belmont Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
I just wanted to say that I love that Ronnie from Jersey Shore has been referenced in this thread.

Carry on...

Posted on: 2010/2/5 7:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GetTheFacts wrote:
Yes that is the cop and fire fighter bar, I live in the neighbor hood and to not feel you at a hood bar it is the best place to go in the neighbood of West Bergen or West Side Avenue. When they get to know you are from the neighborhood, you can find the special privledges of going in the and staying late and for some like the cops and fire fighters very late after they have locked the doors, never have done it myself but I have heard it can be classified as the only 24/7 bar in the city since they are so in with the fire fighters and cops it is not even funny. Went there one St Pattys Day for Jersey City and boy was it packed, more packed that I had ever seen a bar in Jersey City on St Pattys Day for Jersey Citys celebration, the one downtown on Marin gets them too, but this one has both inside and outdoor space. Now this bar as many say is a mixed crowd and gets people from all over as it is well known for the best burgers in Jersey City since they are homemade and cooked on a grill, they must have 16-20 taps, since they have 2 different sets of taps with different brands on each. They are a cash only bar so no credit cards like downtown. You won't find as many blacks in the bar as you might think, because the neighorhood in the area is really italians, irish and other europeans, so it was surprising to see a man stating someone disrespected his girls and breaking car windows in the parking lot. It has been known before with cops having been told to get out with theirs guns before, and sergeants called in to get them out and leave the guns in the cars more than once.

Your posts would be even better if you ended every sentence with a Jimmy Cagneyesque "see".

Posted on: 2010/2/5 5:17

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/17 22:53
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/2/5 0:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
"...and NO one disrespects my girl but ME!"

Posted on: 2010/2/3 14:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/17 21:15
Group:
Banned
Maybe they referred to it as "New" because of the awning refurb evident in the Google Street View shot. ;)

Bat-man's behavior and respect based defacing evokes Ronnieesque visions from Jersey Shore!

Posted on: 2010/2/2 23:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Things can happen anywhere - it was after closing time and this guy sounded loaded, nuts or both.
People always have nice things to say about the bar!
I'd go if it wasn't far away.

This guy is so inner city, cheap rent. It had nothing to do with the bar. You can tell by the phrase he said "DISRESPECTED MY GIRL'' usually low life thugs say that or ghetto kids. You have to take things where they come from. So he connected with civilization on a one night rampage. Probably wears his cap sideways.

Posted on: 2010/2/2 23:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
The Park Tavern is a big cop hangout. Why is it being called New Park Tavern?

Posted on: 2010/2/2 23:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Things can happen anywhere - it was after closing time and this guy sounded loaded, nuts or both.

People always have nice things to say about the bar!

I'd go if it wasn't far away.

Posted on: 2010/2/2 16:59

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/22 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
I have been there a few times and its a cool bar once you get inside...cheap drafts, a fireplace, patio. Looks shady as hell from the outside though.

First time I have heard about an "incident" there...isn't that place usually filled with cops?

Posted on: 2010/2/2 16:55
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
-Thomas Neill

Lincoln Park: New Park Tavern - 'DISRESPECTED MY GIRL' - Customer smashes windows with bat
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
'DISRESPECTED MY GIRL' Cops charge Jersey-City man with smashing windows with bat Tuesday, February 02, 2010 Cops arrested a bat-wielding Jersey City man early Friday who was smashing the windshields of SUVs in the parking lot of a West Side Avenue tavern, reports said. Called to 575 West Side Ave. at 2:18 a.m., cops saw Steve Patrick Raymond, 36, of West Side Avenue, breaking the windshield of a parked vehicle with a blue baseball bat, reports said. Cops ordered Raymond to put down the bat, which he did. As the cops were reading him his rights, Raymond blurted, "I had to break their windows because someone disrespected my girl," reports said. Four SUVs were damaged and Raymond was charged with criminal mischief, reports said. JOURNAL STAFF
View Larger Map

Posted on: 2010/2/2 14:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017