Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: NYPost: NYC's most litigious lady is from Jersey City -- "15 lawsuits since 2002"
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/24 18:45
Group:
Banned
This lady belongs in Washington as a 350K per year lobbyist for the Legal Theft Industry that is going on right now.

She would surely relish the thought of throwing people out of their foreclosed homes, raiding the treasury for corporate welfare bailouts, making sure we are safe by stealing billions and saying those amounts are "off budget", you know, all the legal stuff that goes on in Washington every day.

Posted on: 2010/1/19 15:39

Re: NYPost: NYC's most litigious lady is from Jersey City -- "15 lawsuits since 2002"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
I'm just glad they posted a picture of her, so I can cross the street if I see her coming.
The fact that she can't remember why she sued a spa shows she's out of control.

Posted on: 2010/1/18 18:49

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/18 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
I just Googled this lady's name. Is this article the first in a series for the Post? It seems her suits are not limited to New York. It appears she also sues an insurance company, a landlord and judges here in New Jersey. Where does she find time for clients?

Posted on: 2010/1/18 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:48
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:
Don't blame this lady, Blame the system that allows for this crap to go on!

We can all thank the attorneys in this country for driving us down to the ground.

Want to know whay everyone pays through the nose for insurance and day to day products???

Just take a look at all the lawsuits in the local, state and fed courts.

You can absolutely blame her. If you leave your door unlocked and I steal from you, I still am acting immorally.

Posted on: 2010/1/18 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Loopy wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
How is a lawyer qualified to determine if someone is insane or not? You better hope she doesn't read your statement and start a libel/defamation suit.

Truth is an absolute defense to libel.

Good Luck. It could take dozens of doctors on both sides and years of litigation to prove your assertion.

Posted on: 2010/1/18 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/28 12:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
How is a lawyer qualified to determine if someone is insane or not? You better hope she doesn't read your statement and start a libel/defamation suit.

Truth is an absolute defense to libel.

Posted on: 2010/1/18 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Don't blame this lady, Blame the system that allows for this crap to go on!

We can all thank the attorneys in this country for driving us down to the ground.

Want to know whay everyone pays through the nose for insurance and day to day products???

Just take a look at all the lawsuits in the local, state and fed courts.

Posted on: 2010/1/18 14:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting there's one in every crowd. I better not comment other wise I'll be next on the hit list. Uh oh too late.

Posted on: 2010/1/18 3:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2010/1/18 2:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/28 12:09
Group:
Registered Users
As a lawyer, my professional opinion is that Ms Capograsso insane. And an idiot. And, of course, this does not help: "Capogrosso, who graduated from Quinnipiac..."

Posted on: 2010/1/18 2:13

Edited by Webmaster on 2010/1/18 3:53:16

NYPost: NYC's most litigious lady is from Jersey City -- "15 lawsuits since 2002"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
The city's most litigious lady
Please don't sue us, Eleanor!

By STEFANIE COHEN
NYPost
Last Updated: 8:00 AM, January 17, 2010

She's New York's serial suer.
Attorney Eleanor Capogrosso loves the law -- a little too much, maybe.

She sues hospitals, her dentist, her landlords, even a day spa.

And if she doesn't like the outcome of a case, she might hire a second attorney to sue the first for legal malpractice. Sometimes she'll hire a third to sue the second. Or maybe she'll just sue her lawyers herself.

"I've had bad luck with lawyers," Capogrosso, 50, of Jersey City, told The Post. "I've had very bad luck with lawyers."
Capogrosso has even filed suit against state judges in both New York and New Jersey, claiming a "judicial conspiracy" against her. Two New York judges have recused themselves from hearing any matters in which she is involved, according to court records.

Resized Image
TRY AGAIN: Lawyer Eleanor Capogrosso has represented herself in 15 lawsuits since 2002.

In all, she's represented herself in 15 "pro se" lawsuits since 2002, according to court records.

When her landlord at her former law office at 305 Broadway allegedly failed to provide heat or cleaning services, she stopped pay ing rent and was evicted. She sued over the evic tion and lost -- then turned around and sued her lawyer, claiming legal malpractice.

"The plaintiff is an at torney who has a long history of getting other lawyers to help her and then turning around and suing not only the other lawyers, but in some cases, the judges," alleged lawyer Anthony LeCrichia in court papers.
That case is still ongoing.
When she underwent foot surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery, she was dismayed that a doctor wasn't on call to help her when she needed one, she said. And then a nurse spilled coffee on her foot, she claims.

"They burned me," she said. "It was beyond words."
The hospital waived the bill, but she sued anyway. She hired lawyer Tina Kansas to represent her. But when one of her claims was dismissed, she filed suit against Kansas, alleging negligence. The case was dismissed on statute-of-limitations grounds.

When she had dental work done at Metropolitan Dental Associates, they got everything wrong, she claims.
"It was a horror story," she said.

She sued.

She even sued Anushka Day Spa on Madison Avenue. She doesn't remember why now.

Capogrosso, who practices transportation law, representing drivers accused of trucking violations, has filed so many "frivolous" suits in Manhattan Supreme Court since 2002 that a justice there, Debra James, barred her in 2007 from filing any more pro se suits without prior approval.

Capogrosso, who graduated from Quinnipiac University in 1987, denies the amount of pro se suits she's filed, saying another attorney filed most of the cases on her behalf.
"They're trying to set me up," she said. "They're trying to muzzle me."

How did she respond to Justice James' order? True to form, she appealed.

When the order was upheld last March, Capogrosso was undeterred. She filed a motion in September seeking permission to appeal to the highest court in New York, claiming the judge has no right to restrict her access to the courts.

Capogrosso says judges have had it in for her since she filed complaints against two Manhattan Supreme Court justices who refused to let her adjourn hearings even though she says she was out of the country after her office was shut down following the Sept. 11 attacks.

Since then, she said, her case files mysteriously go missing, judges collude against her, and her cases are constantly dismissed.

No matter. The contentious Capogrosso continues to fight the good fight.

"Other lawyers are afraid of opening their mouths," she said, "because the judges will attack you!"

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/th ... gFmuWjQYvZO#ixzz0cuWKwhCT

Posted on: 2010/1/17 22:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017