Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Any information on the razing of the Lincoln Park Golf Range?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Awesome. I thought they scraped that idea and were going to use the land for a bird sanctuary. Screw that. Birds can fly. I want to drive up the street and play 9 holes. Anyone know when it is scheduled to open? (If you look it up on Google Maps you can still see the old course.)

Posted on: 2009/12/25 16:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1ststguy wrote:

Hey neverleft,

Um... maybe his post was meant to show his excitement that a county course was possibly being constructed. I know that's how I took it.

But that's ok. You go back to making blind assumptions. It's not like you look like a retard or anything blasting a guy because YOU mistook what he was saying.

Happy Festivus.

You have got to be either 9 years old or 90 years old using the word ?re****? what a class guy I?m sure your mother is proud of you. I can?t even retype the word, I took it out of my vocabulary about 40 years ago.

Who?s the moron? If you actually took my post seriously God help you. Wow! Talk about going over someone?s head!

Oh yeah and that ?Happy Festivus? is way cool!

O-K I n-o-w r-e-a-l-i-z-e t-h-a-t I m-u-s-t p-o-s-t v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y f-o-r y-o-u t-o u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d??.

D-i-d y-o-u e-v-e-r h-e-a-r t-h-e e-x-p-r-e-s-s-i-o-n ?.

?WHEN PIGS FLY!!?

Just like the county to rip down something that people actually use and enjoy, check those completion dates. Don?t you love the expression ?future plans include?. Where is the golf course going? There is no 18 hole golf course, that was proposed when the county fought to keep all of the PJP landfill. Notice how fast the warehouse is being built.

Resized Image

The park will include soccer fields a quarter-acre extension of the Hackensack River Walkway, an open lawn/fairgrounds, a 1.5 mile-long jogging/walking path, and acres of wildflowers and newly planted trees, officials said.

Jersey City Council approves $12.4M park purchase
By Melissa Hayes/The Jersey Journal
November 10, 2009, 7:31PM

A former landfill is one step closer to becoming a public park.

The Jersey City Council approved purchasing 34.52 acres of the former PJP Landfill for $12.4 million tonight. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is contributing $4 million toward the acquisition and Hudson County gave $1 million. The City Council authorized bonding up to $8.7 million for the remainder, if grants are unavailable.

?It?s about time. I?m glad we?re here today to see this,? Ward B Councilman David Donnelly said Monday night. ?I think the people of Jersey City will have a debt of gratitude if we can make this happen.?

The property is bordered by the Hackensack River and Route 1 & 9, with Hartz Mountain Warehouse to the north and the AMB Warehouse, which is under construction, to the south. It sits under the Pulaski Skyway.

The first phase, estimated to cost $8 million, includes capping the landfill, planting grass and wildflowers and creating access roads. It would be paid for by Waste Management of New Jersey Inc. who is responsible for closing out the landfill, which hasn?t been used for decades.

The council also voted to assume responsibility for future maintenance of the site from Waste Management and CWM Chemical Services LLC. In exchange, CWM will place $1.15 million in an escrow account for maintenance. The city has been pursuing the site for about two years and first contemplated relocating the Department of Public Works and Jersey City Improvement Authority there.

Jersey City Corporate Counsel William Matsikoudis said Waste Management had proposed a plan to the state Department of Environmental Protection that would have capped the landfill but prevented future use.

Under the city?s proposed plan the site will now include soccer fields, jogging trails and a walkway along the river that could connect it to Lincoln Park. There would also be a pedestrian crossing at Route 1 & 9. Future plans could call for a golf driving range and indoor sports facility. Matsikoudis said the initial phase should be completed next year, but the sports fields, trails and restrooms would likely be completed by 2015.

Lawyers and environmental engineers have been working on the plans for some time and professionals presented conceptual drawings during the council?s Monday caucus meeting. Matsikoudis said an exact expenditure was not available, but at least $250,000 was spent on environmental engineering out of the city?s environmental trust fund.

The council has paid Red Bank-based T & M Associates $50,000 for design work. It was set to vote on another $125,000 tonight but tabled the resolution after resident Philip Carrington questioned whether the firm was in violation of the city?s pay-to-play ordinance for donating to Councilman Mariano Vega?s campaign this year.

PS ? check out the beautiful white AMB Warehouse in the picture, I would love to know how many hands were greased in that deal.

Hey Vigilante ,right the bunnies will be safe in their new home. They are planting ? acres of wildflowers and newly planted trees? . I wonder if the bunnies will glow after they make their journey over to their new home sweet home? Also wonder if they will make it to 2015.

Posted on: 2009/12/25 1:20

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/13 1:50
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
It is true, they are building a course. I was there just before they closed and they showed me the layout. It will be only 9 holes but hey, it's better than nothing.
It is supposed to be a par 36, 3 par 3's 3 par 4's and 3 par 5's. Seems like it will be a pretty good layout with some trees and some water.
They county did try to make it 18 holes but couldn't get the rest of the land.

Big props to Mr. Degise & the rest of the county who is making this happen.

Posted on: 2009/12/25 1:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/11/25 14:47
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Yes! I hope this happens.

Having recently lost my Yankees Saturday game package this would make a great opportunity to get my golf game back.

Posted on: 2009/12/24 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/3 23:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
It's frightening to think about what's going on in this guy's mind. BTW? Golf course=more grass and trees and places for bunnies and birds to live. A county course=we can all play. (I can give up my Liberty National membership and sell the Rolls)!

Excited to hear there may be a golf course closer than Weequahic but a little sad to see that old crappy driving range go... Doubt there are many places you could hit 120 balls for $10, but i won't complain if there's a decent course going in.

Anyone have any links to share about the proposed course or a time-line on when it will be completed?

neverleft: Enjoy this link...

Posted on: 2009/12/24 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
jc4fritz - thanks for the information. I do recall that they were making a park over on part of the PJP landfill. I didn?t know about the plans for the golf. Glad they are not eliminating it, it was a nice place to go to hit out a few buckets. In the summer the city brought in a golf pro to teach the city kids golf. Nice JC program!!

Vigilante- why so angry and negative all of the time? LP Golf was a nice out of the way place to hit a few balls. Maybe you should have taken advantage of it while it was there. Hit a few buckets of balls to get that anger out of your system. But then I guess you would have to change your name from Vigilante to something nicer. Wait let me guess the gravel parking lot and the covered driving slots were not up to par with you. (pun intended) Hey maybe you golf at the Liberty Golf Course seems like a Vigilante would have the money for the 500K membership fee. The real people of JC the 240,000 of us don?t. LP was good enough for us. Ok I did get crapped on a few times by the birds that made nests in the driving stalls ceiling lights. But hey it was good luck.

Vigilante please cover your eyes now I am going to say something nice and caring. Ok ..on a sad note I hope the family of bunnies survive the construction. It was great seeing then hop around.

JC History (if you care) on the LP Golf area I think it was called LP Pitch and Putt. It had a 9 hole golf course, miniature golf with all of the bells and whistles (of the time), and batting cages. It was a great place to go back in the day.

It's frightening to think about what's going on in this guy's mind. BTW? Golf course=more grass and trees and places for bunnies and birds to live. A county course=we can all play. (I can give up my Liberty National membership and sell the Rolls)!

Posted on: 2009/12/24 17:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/8 16:02
From Grove St.
Group:
Registered Users
Agree with Vigilante! Please please be so!!!

Posted on: 2009/12/24 16:43
Come on and rock me Amadeus

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
hey neverleft....

Um... maybe his post was meant to show his excitement that a county course was possibly being constructed. I know that's how I took it.

But that's ok. You go back to making blind assumptions. It's not like you look like a retard or anything blasting a guy because YOU mistook what he was saying.

Happy Festivus.

Posted on: 2009/12/24 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
jc4fritz - thanks for the information. I do recall that they were making a park over on part of the PJP landfill. I didn?t know about the plans for the golf. Glad they are not eliminating it, it was a nice place to go to hit out a few buckets. In the summer the city brought in a golf pro to teach the city kids golf. Nice JC program!!

Vigilante- why so angry and negative all of the time? LP Golf was a nice out of the way place to hit a few balls. Maybe you should have taken advantage of it while it was there. Hit a few buckets of balls to get that anger out of your system. But then I guess you would have to change your name from Vigilante to something nicer. Wait let me guess the gravel parking lot and the covered driving slots were not up to par with you. (pun intended) Hey maybe you golf at the Liberty Golf Course seems like a Vigilante would have the money for the 500K membership fee. The real people of JC the 240,000 of us don?t. LP was good enough for us. Ok I did get crapped on a few times by the birds that made nests in the driving stalls ceiling lights. But hey it was good luck.

Vigilante please cover your eyes now I am going to say something nice and caring. Ok ..on a sad note I hope the family of bunnies survive the construction. It was great seeing then hop around.

JC History (if you care) on the LP Golf area I think it was called LP Pitch and Putt. It had a 9 hole golf course, miniature golf with all of the bells and whistles (of the time), and batting cages. It was a great place to go back in the day.

Posted on: 2009/12/24 13:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Dear God! Let this be True!

Posted on: 2009/12/24 6:51

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/14 16:01
Group:
Registered Users
One of the guys who manages the driving range told me in the fall that the county was building a golf course on the property. I didn't think much of it at the time, but it looks like they're clearing out the area wher the old par 3 course was.

Posted on: 2009/12/24 6:43

Any information on the razing of the Lincoln Park Golf Range?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I drove by it and it looks like everything is being bulldozed. I know the county leases it out ? what?s up?

Could the Tiger Woods effect even be hitting the little local golf ranges? Wow!

Posted on: 2009/12/23 19:48

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017