Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: smoke alarms
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kvg323 wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle sensitive smoke alarms? I'm in a rental and my landlord installed 6 in my one bedroom apartment.

When I cooked they would always go off (with very little to any smoke) and my landlord would yell at me saying that the fire department will come and give them a big fine. Any advice? Also, if there is a fine would I be responsible even if there was no fire/danger?

I tried disabling some then she definitely wasn't okay with that. (I know I shouldn't have but I love to cook and its frustrating that its so sensitive)

Well, if she's yelling at you, then it may not be possible to have a civil conversation. So tell her that you want her to replace the smoke alarms with a different brand, or you will report her to the tenant's rights association.

http://www.hud.gov/local/nj/renting/tenantrights.cfm

Posted on: 2009/12/13 20:25

smoke alarms
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/17 12:32
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle sensitive smoke alarms? I'm in a rental and my landlord installed 6 in my one bedroom apartment.

When I cooked they would always go off (with very little to any smoke) and my landlord would yell at me saying that the fire department will come and give them a big fine. Any advice? Also, if there is a fine would I be responsible even if there was no fire/danger?

I tried disabling some then she definitely wasn't okay with that. (I know I shouldn't have but I love to cook and its frustrating that its so sensitive)

Posted on: 2009/12/13 15:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017