Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: New liquor store (Buy Rite) coming to downtown
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/21 19:38
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I try to support the local places (Jersey Wine & Spirits or Village Wine & Liquor on Grove), but it will be great to be able to get a cold case of Yuengling close to home!

Normally I go to ShopRite when when I need anything more than a six-pack, but I feel like I've got to schedule an hour just to get in and out of the parking lot there. Hopefully the proximity to the Tunnel doesn't make BuyRite just as inconvenient.

Posted on: 2009/11/17 23:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 16:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Shoprite. Pfft. This place rocks. Massive selection. Great wine specials on some of the stuff I saw. They were still getting stuff out on the floor so more too come.

This should help pass some cold winter nights.

Posted on: 2009/11/17 21:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/12 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
Stopped in yesterday and talked to the manager, they are working to have the biggest selection of beers of any store in the country. They won my heart with have 3 real Aussie Beers. Prices are spotty, some better than other nearby stores, some worse but if it's beer you're looking for def the place to check out.

Posted on: 2009/11/16 17:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
We went on Saturday - it's great - huge selection that only looks like it will get bigger.

Micro-brew selection is great - wine looks a little light at the moment... but more is coming (just based on looking at empty space).

Posted on: 2009/11/16 14:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/17 18:59
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Just had a Kenzinger's and a Harvistoun Old Engine Oil black ale from Buy Right. Absolutely divine.

Posted on: 2009/11/16 2:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/17 18:59
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Stopped in with my girlfriend this afternoon and we fell in love with this place. These guys have an absolutely phenomenal selection of beers and the "make you own 6-pack" is a really nice touch.

The owner spoke with us for about 15 minutes and we wished him well on his new location. Very nice to see someone (other than a corrupt politician) open up an establishment with a fantastic selection of beers in the downtown-ish area.

We are still fiercely loyal to Central Ave liquors, but Buy Rite is a nice change of pace with the massive selection of micro brews. We will definitely be back!

Posted on: 2009/11/15 22:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/28 13:19
Group:
Registered Users
I stopped by here this afternoon. I second the comment about the vast selection of microbrews. Also, I actually think the prices---on wine at least---seem better than other stores in the area.

I'll also definitely be going back.

Posted on: 2009/11/15 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Went here today - great beer selection, best in the area. Lots of microbrews, more domestic than imported. You can even buy single bottles of most items instead of a six pack/case. Prices are comparable to other places, not great, but not bad. Will definitely go back. They also have some hard to find imports (Chimay in 11.2 oz. bottles, Trappists, etc.).

Posted on: 2009/11/15 0:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
From Bras to Brews... Buy Rite is opening in the former Bali Bra factory which went bust some years ago & appears to be an uplifting experience for the downtown community.

Posted on: 2009/11/4 23:48

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/8 19:19
Group:
Registered Users
Hello Everyone,

I am happy to see that there is already a buzz surrounding my new store. I want to clarify some of the statements that I have read and I also want you to know that I am more than happy to answer any of your questions.

We are opening the store in an existing building and are set to soft open the store on Nov. 11, with the Grand Opening planned for the weekend of the 13th.

Although Buy-Rites are all independently owned and operated, my family owns the corporate entity. Hence, you will have the finest service, selection and prices at this location.

Our intention is not to be a big box retailer that is looking to put local stores out of business. However, we do feel that the consumers in this area deserve better prices and selection. Our service will be on par with any of your current local stores and I promise you that once you visit our store, you will have no reason to ever shop elsewhere.

Please reach out to me at adithya@buyritecorp.com, should you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to becoming an active member of your vibrant community.

Best,

Adithya Bathena
President
Jersey City Super Buy-Rite

Posted on: 2009/11/4 21:34

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/9 1:38
From Bay Street
Group:
Registered Users
Burke's going out of business in the shadow of Buy Rite seems like it would be a positive thing for that neighborhood. When I first moved here, that was the first place to buy booze I found. I went that one and only time, but that place is a piece of work.

Posted on: 2009/11/1 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Buy-rites often have cheaper prices. They are the what Best Buy is to Electronics or Staples is to office supplies or Modells is to sporting goods: a specialty big box store with a large variety and competitive pricing.

That said, they are in fact all independent. For the consumer this means inconsistency in quality, price competitiveness, customer service, and selection, so only time will tell if this Buy Rite is better or worse than other similar stores.

Posted on: 2009/10/31 8:03

Super Buy-Rite liquor store

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/19 0:09
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry if this is a repost. I search and couldn't find it, which surprised me.

I just walked past the Home Depot on Grove/Manila, between 12th and 14th street, and across the street they are putting in a pretty big liquor store, Buy Rite. It's not open yet, but they have big glass windows and big aisles and a good amount of parking.

I hail from the burbs, and have been to Buy-Rite. Generally pretty nice, lots of variety and competitive pricing. I'm sad to think they might take business from Newport Wine, but hope they make a dent in that hell-hole Burke's.

JC branch's site is here:
http://www.buyritewine.com/

And the company site:
http://www.buyritecorp.com/index.aspx

Posted on: 2009/10/31 1:33

Edited by Webmaster on 2010/6/10 10:11:42

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me