Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Palisade Ave./Heights: NJ Transit accident injures six people - Bus pulls out, hit by speeding car
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

kitten wrote:
Quote:

fasteddie wrote:
Quote:

kitten wrote:
I agree about the buses though. They don't pull over to the curb and it really pisses me off.

It annoys me too but I think the reason they don't pull into the bus stops is because the cars won't give them a break to pull back out into traffic again and the reason cars won't give them a break is because they don't want to be driving behind a bus, myself included.

I know! I do see this and I see a lot of drivers don't understand that you are supposed to yield to buses.

The worst to me though, is when you pull over for an ambulance and then the cars coming up behind you act like it is an opportunity to pass and won't let you back in... this has only happened to me on Palisades Avenue. It's kind of one of the craziest places to drive.

Yeah, but that "behind the bus" thing is circular because if they actually pulled out then it wouldn't suck to be behind a bus. Palisade does particularly suck, If I'm going up as far Palisade Lumber I'll take the Baldwin/Webster route, much faster with almost no buses.

Posted on: 2009/11/8 4:53

Re: Palisade Ave./Heights: NJ Transit accident injures six people - Bus pulls out, hit by speeding car
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fasteddie wrote:
Quote:

kitten wrote:
I agree about the buses though. They don't pull over to the curb and it really pisses me off.

It annoys me too but I think the reason they don't pull into the bus stops is because the cars won't give them a break to pull back out into traffic again and the reason cars won't give them a break is because they don't want to be driving behind a bus, myself included.

I know! I do see this and I see a lot of drivers don't understand that you are supposed to yield to buses.

The worst to me though, is when you pull over for an ambulance and then the cars coming up behind you act like it is an opportunity to pass and won't let you back in... this has only happened to me on Palisades Avenue. It's kind of one of the craziest places to drive.

Posted on: 2009/11/7 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kitten wrote:

Posted on: 2009/11/7 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
You know, I don't doubt the guy was speeding a bit, but all those frigging buses act like there's no one else on the road. They stop without pulling to the curb even when the bus stop is perfectly clear, and turn or pull out regardless of traffic and just expect you to watch out. This time it failed.

BTW, the Mercedes didn't have airbags? Must be a "classic" then.

That's what I thought at first too, but it says the bus pulled out of Ferry and made a left going north on Palisades which means it must have had the green light and essentially the mercedes ran a red.

Posted on: 2009/11/7 18:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
You know, I don't doubt the guy was speeding a bit, but all those frigging buses act like there's no one else on the road. They stop without pulling to the curb even when the bus stop is perfectly clear, and turn or pull out regardless of traffic and just expect you to watch out. This time it failed.

BTW, the Mercedes didn't have airbags? Must be a "classic" then.

Posted on: 2009/11/7 16:46

Palisade Ave./Heights: NJ Transit accident injures six people - Bus pulls out, hit by speeding car
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Speeder smacks Heights bus, hurts 6, cops say

Saturday, November 07, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A North Bergen driver was cited for speeding yesterday after his car slammed into the side of an NJ Transit bus in the Jersey City Heights, injuring six people, police said.

At 7:13 a.m., 19-year-old Franklin J. Reyes, of Granton Avenue, was heading south on Palisade Avenue in a four-door Mercedes Benz when the bus, driven by Juan L. Mojica, 53, also of North Bergen, pulled out of Ferry Street and turned north onto Palisade, reports said.

The Mercedes hit the driver's side of the bus by the rear wheel, police said.

Reyes told police he was going about 40 miles an hour in the 25-mph zone and couldn't stop in time, reports said.

The car struck with such force that he and his passenger cracked the windshield with their heads, police said.

Jersey City firefighters and numerous ambulances and emergency medical technicians provided first aid to the injured, reports said.

All of the injured were taken to the Jersey City Medical Center, where they were treated and released, a spokesman said.

The Mercedes had to be towed away, reports said.

Posted on: 2009/11/7 13:35

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017