Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Running on the Jersey City streets
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
I have been running the waterfront for 8+ years (i'm female). I only run in the mornings. It can get creepy on the streets to/from the waterfront. If I'm running before 7AM, I don't like to use the iPod and I sometimes carry pepper spray, but after 7AM-ish, there's enough activity to make me feel safer. But I haven't had any real incidents. And radryan03 makes a good point: don't run the same pattern.

The sunrise over the city is beautiful.

I try to save the treadmill for bad weather days.

Posted on: 2009/10/26 18:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/30 3:40
Group:
Banned
I would not run with an IPod for safety reasons - like general awareness and being a target for theft.

Posted on: 2009/10/26 17:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldn't run up there at night and I'm dude. I occasionally have moments along the water (where I run regularly) that make me uncomfortable. Dont run around up there at night or start a pattern that people come to expect.

If it's day light... Lincoln Park is great. To second Nori's vote I love the waterfront and now that the walkway is open from JC to Hoboken you can take in some real distance.

The only really good all hours place to run is the waterfront... aside from it being reasonably well lit... there are security cameras

Posted on: 2009/10/26 12:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/1 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
i've never had any problems running on Grove.

a decent, safe route is to run from the south of downtown up to the north, cut across the tunnel and go up one of the main drags in Hoboken. you can easily make yourself a 6-7 miler this way and it's safe.

if you want something 10+, you can run up the west side of hoboken (Grand, Willow, etc.), turn around and go south on Washington, go back north on Hudson maybe, and go back south along Sinatra, and head back into JC. all these streets are safe.

Posted on: 2009/10/25 10:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
Running on the street in Jersey City sucks because you can never just assume that cars are going to stop at a stop sign. I typically head straight toward LSP - from the Van Voorst area it's a ~6 mile loop to go down to the southern tip of LSP and back.

Posted on: 2009/10/23 23:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/28 13:19
Group:
Registered Users
I run along the waterfront, through Newport, and down to Paulus Hook via Washington Blvd and Grove St. It makes about a 5 mile loop. To go longer, you could go up to Hoboken via the new pedestrian path (although I think you have to go through the train station to get back to the waterfront) or you could cross over to Liberty State park.

I only run in JC during the day and I've never had any problems. Any before- or after-hours running I do on the treadmill.

Posted on: 2009/10/23 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
Before I settled on this nickname I was considering calling myself ?Angry Jogger Guy? Since running in this town is a constant struggle against cars that do not honor traffic laws and put my life in danger, Which angers me! The nice thing is the anger gives me a jolt of adrenalin, so then I?m running stronger for a block or two! I run up and down Newark, I love/hate the huge hill in the middle. But for a year or so I was running over to and then around the perimeter of Lincoln Park. The park is great in the fall but in the winter the wind is harsh. I see a lot of Red Tailed hawks there though, twice I saw one eating another creature within just a few feet of the path I was on, an amazing brush with nature in the big bad city.

Posted on: 2009/10/23 21:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
Treadmill.

kennedy not the best place to run. Try along the water or liberty state park...

Posted on: 2009/10/23 20:14

Running on the Jersey City streets
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 15:22
Group:
Registered Users
I ran last night on Kennedy blvd and there are some interesting characters out there. All in one evening I had a homeless person ask me for money while I was running, had a group of teenagers try and run with me as a joke, got strange stares from people on the street confused why I would run in a tank and shorts and men whistling at me as I go by.

Can't a girl just run on the streets of Jersey City listen to her Ipod and focus on running faster and stronger.

Anyone have any good routes they run where they can run in peace?

Posted on: 2009/10/23 19:08

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017