Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Arrests of Jersey City/Hoboken Police in Cocaine Sting @ Calle Luna/Hernandez Restaurant -356 Varick
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
This explains a lot.
The other night I was being dropped off at the Grove St. Station around 10PM. I was amazed at the various drug deals going on in the streets and wondered where the police were. Now I guess I know; lining up as customers.
We need more cops or perhaps BETTER cops. I am really getting sick of the lawlessness on the streets.

Posted on: 2009/10/18 22:19

Re: Arrests of Jersey City/Hoboken Police in Cocaine Sting @ Calle Luna/Hernandez Restaurant -356 Varick
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
Isn't this JCjury.com?

Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:

People get real, Judging takes place in the courtroom and not on the JJ or any other news source.

So stick to the facts and don't throw stones unless you can\
walk on water!

Posted on: 2009/10/17 11:32

Re: Arrests of Jersey City/Hoboken Police in Cocaine Sting @ Calle Luna/Hernandez Restaurant -356 Va
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

pooper wrote:
Those are the charges against the Hoboken cop, Gallo. I agree with you one those.

We were discussing, and really only I was sympathizing with, Mark Medal who was only charged with conspiracy to possess.

I wonder who will walk his Rotty and let it sh*t all over the neighborhood without picking it up?

Posted on: 2009/10/16 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
A new news service was outside filming all morning - "Fios1 News" - don't know wgere to view it. Well since I don't have fios....

Posted on: 2009/10/9 14:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Indomitus wrote:
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:
I cant get over the amount of pontificating thats taking place on this blog.

Nothing but a whole lot of judging going on based on a news article.

People get real, Judging takes place in the courtroom and not on the JJ or any other news source.

walk on water!

I think you are being over sensitive. Why is today on this blog different than any other? Maybe it hit close to home?

Keep trying, your nowhere near being hot.
Just think some people need to get real on things and look at your own household before you judge someone elses.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Cheers.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 21:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/8 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:

walk on water!

I think you are being over sensitive. Why is today on this blog different than any other? Maybe it hit close to home?

Posted on: 2009/10/8 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

walk on water!

Posted on: 2009/10/8 19:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Double standards suck....and we probably will send a few of these folk to treatment whereas some lower income folk would be sent straight to jail. I guess that's why some officers think it's okay to be hipocrites--the whole system is.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 19:22

Re: Arrests of Jersey City/Hoboken Police in Cocaine Sting @ Calle Luna/Hernandez Restaurant -356 Va
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pooper wrote:
Those are the charges against the Hoboken cop, Gallo. I agree with you one those.

We were discussing, and really only I was sympathizing with, Mark Medal who was only charged with conspiracy to possess.

If we're presuming guilt, which I am not- I imagine he's been visiting this particular dealer for some time. He's obviously "known" for his previous career- Presumably the dealers knew who he was and knew he was a cop.

He compromised himself utterly- Particularly since he worked at the court house, where many of those busted in JC make their first appearance before being shipped up the hill. They "had" something on him.

Lots of people "had" something on him I'd guess. A cop that you "have" something on is no longer an impartial officer of the law. Once a criminal or group of criminals has something on you you are a danger, not a protector.

This is assuming of course that he's done what he's accused of. It's also assuming it is ALL he has done. If it turns out he did indeed leverage his badge, so much the worse.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with you that the drug laws are arcane--even cops think that. Go to leap.cc and see why.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 19:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 16:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/10/8 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Read the charges. This went beyond simply blowing a few rails, which is bad enough. A LEO who has compromised himself by working with drug dealers can be dangerous in ways far beyond his recreational activities.

The hoboken cop is accused of looking up licence plates. The article only states that they looked up a law enforcement tag, but come on- It didn't have a big fat "MG" as the first 2 characters on the plate the way most cop cars do. Someone was staking that place out undercover, and the dealers got nervous and asked their guy on the inside to check it out. Lo and behold, bad news guys- it's a cop car.

What to do with this information? I don't know- obviously it blew any chance the cops had of surveilling these guys without them knowing about it. But it also, without question, put the life of those cops in danger. This guy put his fellow cops at risk, telling drug dealers who they were.

We just learned what happens when cops running surveillence get caught up, didn't we? Hassan Shakur knew he was probably being watched and went everywhere with a shotgun. When Detectives went to effect the arrest, Shakur shot Det. Lavelle's car to pieces with Det. Lavelle in it. I don't need to remind anyone of what happened after that, do I?

And you can be sure of this- it's not the first time this cop probably did something like this- It's just the first time that it showed up in a way that prosecutors could prove was an inappropriate use of the database- "Hey, officer, why did you look up this car, you being in Hoboken and us knowing exactly where this car has been every day for the last year?" There was no good answer to that question, and he got nailed.

Was he looking up neighbor's cars? Was he looking up people in the neighborhood watch who looked at the restaurant a little too hard? Enemies? Threats? What would happen if they didn't like YOUR car, parked on that street one day? What if you had words with one of them, and the cop helped them find out who you were?

The cop who did this I can assure you could have cared less what would have happened.

If these accusations are true, particularly if these officers were using their badges to protect criminals, they put their fellow cops DIRECTLY in danger. I have no sympathy, not a bit. And if they didn't give a rat's ass about their fellow LEO's ask yourself how much they cared about you and your family.

Then ask yourself why you're spending so much time boo hooing for them.

Absolutely innocent until proven guilty, and they'll get their day in court.

But those posting sympathetically are taking the position that even if they did what they're accused of doing, they still deserve some sort of compassion or leniency. I'll leave that for widows & orphans to offer, and God, because it's not mine to give, and it's not yours either.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 18:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
He is a cop who bought drugs. Does that not make him corrupt?

I'm not being fresh -- or judgy even -- I am just trying to see how it's anything but a sign of corrupt behavior.

And most importantly, I'm not saying he's not an awesome person under all that and one who deserves a chance at redemption. He just needs to go to be punished for his crime first.

We cannot assign harsh standards to arbitrary shady drug dealers on Wayne Street and then change the standards when it's a cop...or a boxer...or someone we know...or someone we think only did it once... Life's not that easy.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 16:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I fail to see how a personal failing equates to being a corrupt cop. 16 years of service should amount to something. It has nothing to do with being a boxer.

If every one in the world who ever did drugs got locked up for a $5 or a $50 buy, there's a good chance are someone you love would be in the clink too. Have some flexibility before you jump on your high horses.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 17:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/1 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
and the guy's brother is a cop, also.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 16:55

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/5 15:20
Group:
Banned
wait you meant to tell me that guy that is always outside yelling on his phone at 2-3am isn't making sure that the place is stocked with nasty food for customers that never show up the next day? And a POLICE OFFICER AND A FIRE FIGHTER on on the take too...

I am so shocked!

wow thanks for the post GP.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 16:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Probably some will be upset because of the hipocrisy of officers that arrest folk for what they themselves are doing. I know it upsets me.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 16:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/14 20:20
From Chilltown Baby!
Group:
Registered Users
Are you kidding,
This bust is only the second thing he actually got caught doing. Trust me I know what I'm talking about. I am sure there is a lot he hasn't got caught doing. "My Beat" sounds like a fellow officer's to me. Good for u for sticking up for your friend. But time to get realistic. Whoever was raised in downtown will know what I am talking about.

Ever since the new owner of Hernandez put his stacks* together to buy the restaurant it went downhill. The food and culture used to rock. It saddens me to see what happened to it. My dad used to take me there to eat as a kid.

I hope that azzwhole gets f'ing life. He's an arrogant little prick that deserves everything he gets.

Stacks (st acks)- Large sums of money that are usually illegally obtained, saved up for a purpose. ex. Lawyer, fronts, drugs, cars, Hoes etc.

LOLOLOLOL so sad

Posted on: 2009/10/8 16:26

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/1 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
this is awsome. Took them long enough though.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

pooper wrote:
It's a shame about Mark Medal. Former IBF champ and really nice guy when I met him. I hope this is just a rough patch for him on the way to greener pastures.

A cokehead and a corrupt cop, all rolled into one. Hard to wish him well, to be honest. Unless we mean well in jail.

Huhm, Cops and firemen are Humans also, I guess your one of those that walk on water....

Can't even imagine whats in your closet, You know you shouldn't throw stones in Glass houses.....

Come over and I will show you my closet. Anytime.

BTW, I come from a family of firemen with a cop or two thrown in for good measure. The difference is that they are neither cokeheads nor corrupt.

Do not mistake a heroic profession with personal failure.

You should be so lucky!

Furthermore who's mistaking anything here, I don't get caught up on Heroism, fact is at the end of the day no one is perfect and you shouldn't go judging someone for something that could very well had happen to yrself or a family member.

Take a Good look in that Mirror!

Posted on: 2009/10/8 14:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

pooper wrote:
It's a shame about Mark Medal. Former IBF champ and really nice guy when I met him. I hope this is just a rough patch for him on the way to greener pastures.

A cokehead and a corrupt cop, all rolled into one. Hard to wish him well, to be honest. Unless we mean well in jail.

Huhm, Cops and firemen are Humans also, I guess your one of those that walk on water....

Can't even imagine whats in your closet, You know you shouldn't throw stones in Glass houses.....

Come over and I will show you my closet. Anytime.

BTW, I come from a family of firemen with a cop or two thrown in for good measure. The difference is that they are neither cokeheads nor corrupt.

Do not mistake a heroic profession with personal failure.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
If you're so enamored of this guy because he was a boxer, that's right, a boxer, you can rest assured he will be able to defend himself in jail. Besides convicts love boxers too. I mean really? He's a boxer.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 14:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:
Cops and firemen are Humans also, I guess your one of those that walk on water.... Can't even imagine whats in your closet, You know you shouldn't throw stones in Glass houses.....

Unreal.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 14:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

pooper wrote:

Posted on: 2009/10/8 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

blogcityblog wrote:
I also don't see the connection between "cops as customers" and the Wayne Street drug mart. Only one (suspended) JC cop was arrested, and he was last stationed at the courthouse, more than a mile away.

Let's just see who else gets rounded up and charged before we break out the broad brushes.

Right - because no one travels a mile or two for things these days... if only he had a horse, right?

The point is - it defies logic that one insanely small park can be used for decades as an open air drug market to the extent that everyone within several blocks knows every detail about it and yet the police are unable to stop it? Over the course of what - 30 years?

So sure, criticize the rush to judgment. But there has to be a reason why the cops can't/won't clean up such an obvious problem and I offered up my admittedly shoot-from-the-hip theory as a possible cause. You're the journalist - put your investigative superpowers to a positive use for a change.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 13:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

pooper wrote:

Posted on: 2009/10/8 13:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/24 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
(don't know if you're referring to my post about the great food)

The news story doesn't say that owners of the restaurant were arrested. does it? No sympathy for drug dealers here, although I will have to claim to having a little for Mark Medal (his weakness, not his stupidity).

I also don't see the connection between "cops as customers" and the Wayne Street drug mart. Only one (suspended) JC cop was arrested, and he was last stationed at the courthouse, more than a mile away.

Let's just see who else gets rounded up and charged before we break out the broad brushes.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 13:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
A restaurant that was too empty to realistically pay the bills was a front? That's as unexpected as GrovePath appropriating a copyrighted image without crediting the owner ;)

Posted on: 2009/10/8 13:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
I hope it is rooted in sarcasm, but the tinge of sympathy I'm getting from the posts here is appalling.

You can't get all worked up over the Wayne Street Park and then feel bad about this because you liked the food.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Wow - cops as customers. Maybe that begins to explain why the drug bazaar on Wayne operates as steadily and brazenly as it does.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 12:13

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017