Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Tenth Street between Coles Street and Monmouth Street.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/25 2:12
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jclxz wrote:

For some unknown reason, the police took it seriously and the two perpetrators were caught.

Did you really write that? What kind of an asshole are you?

Posted on: 2009/10/5 7:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
The rape occurred at the Lincoln in late 2005. Lefrak's representatives said that she made it up to get free rent. They added the obviously-needed bars to the ground floor windows immediately after this. Also some money was stolen in this incident.

Here's a discussion about the rape:

http://www.newportwaterfrontassociati ... /bb/showthread.php?t=1719

Even if a huge portion of rape accusations are made up, there was no particular reason to suspect the woman was lying in this case, and certainly any random person has more credibility than a slumlord. Even though it's reasonable to assume that Lefrak would act to defend themselves, it was amazing how callously they did it.

The home invasion was in Jan 2008, at 10th and Monmouth. There were no allegations of rape or serious injury. There wasn't any indication that they were targeted or involved in anything where they'd be expected to have large amounts of cash or valuables. For some unknown reason, the police took it seriously and the two perpetrators were caught.

Here's a discussion about the home invasion:
http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... =&topic_id=12289&forum=10

Those are the only two violent crimes on 10th st that received significant publicity in the past few years.

Posted on: 2009/10/3 19:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Thank You all for the information. Does anybody know what the construction is like? Is there good insulation between the units? Street noise is unavoidable but I hate hearing neighbors thru the walls. Thank you again.

Posted on: 2009/10/3 2:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/29 16:00
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Newport has two, approved redevelopment plans for rental apartment buildings to built atop the top empty embankments between Coles and Monmouth and Coles and Jersey Avenue.

Given the current economic environment, it's unlikely ground breaking will occur anytime soon. I would expect Newport to keep extending the approvals for those sites until conditions change.

All the best.

Geoff

Posted on: 2009/10/3 1:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
You're both right, I stand corrected.

I wouldn't mind living there, but the traffic up Monmouth and across Tenth might be a bit annoying.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 22:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users
There was a rape in the building on 10th near Marin about 2 years ago. There was a lot of publicity about it.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 21:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DowntownSteve28 wrote:
A few years back a woman was raped in a forced-entry break in on that block. As far as I know it was an isolated incident, but it got a lot of attention for happening in a nice area.

It was a home invasion/robbery (not rape) and the people were caught thanks to a very alert 80+yr old man on the Westside of Jersey City who spotted suspicious activity on his block and called JCPD. They were also connected to 3 other robberies in other parts of Jersey City. It was an isolated incident and in my 10 years on that block, beside someone stealing flowers from the front of the townhouse on the corner there was no real crime issue there.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Hamparkvet wrote: I was wondering if anyone on this forum lives on that block and can offer any insight about the homes there. I was interested in the quality of the construction and neighbors. I believe they were built in the 1990's. I was also wondering if anyone knows the plans for the old train embankment. Thank You in advance.

The townhouses were built in the mid 90's. I know many people who have bought and sold. Many of the houses were upgraded over the years and some are very nice inside.

Lefrak does not own this property and I would speak with the local realtors for some more details ie: snow plowing the common road behind the houses, which leads to each individual gargae and who takes care of it.

The embankments across the road are owned by the Lefraks and you should speak with the Hamilton Park Neighborhood Association on the status of the Jersey Ave Redevelopment plan that the property is in. The plan was for high-rises on each embankment and it has gone back and forth over the years.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I was told that LeFrak owns the embankment between Jersey & Coles and between Jersey and Erie so it would not surprise me if they also own the land you are asking about. They'll probably build more rental buildings like the ones they've already built along 10th east of Erie.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 16:37
I live by the river.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
They were supposed to build on top of the embankment. They went as far as sinking numerous piles, but then they stopped. I don't know any more about it.

A few years back a woman was raped in a forced-entry break in on that block. As far as I know it was an isolated incident, but it got a lot of attention for happening in a nice area.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 15:18

Tenth Street between Coles Street and Monmouth Street.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
I was wondering if anyone on this forum lives on that block and can offer any insight about the homes there. I was interested in the quality of the construction and neighbors. I believe they were built in the 1990's. I was also wondering if anyone knows the plans for the old train embankment. Thank You in advance.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 14:48

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017