Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Priciest zip code, priciest neighbourhood in the United States is in Northern New Jersey
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Jeebus wrote:
I got lost there once on my bike and was creeped out by the McMansions and really expected to be kicked out by the cops at any moment.

I'm not sure if you can say homes with a median price of over 4 million are McMansions...

Posted on: 2009/9/10 16:38

Re: Priciest zip code, priciest neighbourhood in the United States is in Northern New Jersey

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/16 5:42
Group:
Registered Users
I work in jersey city, and alpine/closter customers are usually the ones with the most dinero

L

Posted on: 2009/9/10 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pooper wrote:
"[My only three black neighbors are] Mary J. Blige, one of the greatest singers of all time, Denzel Washington, one of the greatest actors of all time, and Jay-Z, one of the greatest rappers of all time." His white neighbor? "A dentist. And he isn't like the greatest dentist in history either. I had to host the Oscars to get that house ? a black dentist in my neighborhood would have to invent teeth."
- Chris Rock on living in Alpine

Haha! I was just thinking about that Chris Rock spiel as I was reading that article!

Posted on: 2009/9/1 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 16:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Definitely no low income housing, but there are some modest houses mostly along Closter Dock Rd. It's a very small town and mostly undeveloped. You can't even see the older, nicer houses from the road. They're set back on private drives.

Don't know if it's really all that anomalous though. There's plenty of towns in Bergen County that lack anything even approaching lower income residents.

Posted on: 2009/9/1 1:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
I thought that Chris Rock lived in upper Montclair - I guess he moved. Anywho, there's a great lesson there in terms of pragmatic career choices (albeit hidden by the amusing racial spin on it). A good friend's brother is a dentist and lives on a large ocean front property in Maine. He's a great guy and reasonably smart but by no means a unique talent. Trying to be a world class entertainer or athlete is much less likely to end up working out than studying hard and choosing a field with a high probability of success.

I'm a bit surprised that Alpine is the priciest zip code and suspect that it's an anomaly based on them having no low income housing. I got lost there once on my bike and was creeped out by the McMansions and really expected to be kicked out by the cops at any moment. As the song goes, I wouldn't live there if you paid me.

Quote:

pooper wrote:
"[My only three black neighbors are] Mary J. Blige, one of the greatest singers of all time, Denzel Washington, one of the greatest actors of all time, and Jay-Z, one of the greatest rappers of all time." His white neighbor? "A dentist. And he isn't like the greatest dentist in history either. I had to host the Oscars to get that house ? a black dentist in my neighborhood would have to invent teeth."

Posted on: 2009/9/1 1:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1djcview wrote:
Quote:

JCSHEP wrote:
Alpine is not 30 km from manhattan, more like 15 kilometers max by car, much less as the crow flies.

it's 15.4 miles or 25 km from Alpine to the NYC side of the GWB.

You might be taking a different way, see Google's route below.

Link

Posted on: 2009/8/31 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pooper wrote:

A+ Chris

Posted on: 2009/8/31 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCSHEP wrote:
Alpine is not 30 km from manhattan, more like 15 kilometers max by car, much less as the crow flies.

it's 15.4 miles or 25 km from Alpine to the NYC side of the GWB.

Posted on: 2009/8/31 19:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/10 23:12
From Henderson Yards
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pooper wrote:

hahahaha that's great

Posted on: 2009/8/31 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Damn. A friend of mine from college has lived there for 20 years. I guess he's done well in home value appreciation.

Posted on: 2009/8/31 18:18
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/8/31 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 16:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/8/31 12:31

Priciest zip code, priciest neighbourhood in the United States is in Northern New Jersey
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Celebrity haunt is priciest zip code

Star News Services
Published: Monday, August 31, 2009

The priciest neighbourhood in the United States is Alpine, N.J., home of hip hop stars such as Sean "Diddy" Combs, according to Forbes.com, which on Friday released a list of the most expensive zip codes.

Around 30 kilometres from Manhattan, Alpine (zip code 07620) is a small community of sprawling mansions with a median asking price of US$4.14 million, Forbes said on its website, adding that stars drawn to the neighbourhood include musician Stevie Wonder and comedian Chris Rock.

=================
DIDDY AND WONDER MAKE NEW JERSEY TOWN AMERICA'S NUMBER ONE ZIP CODE

SEAN COMBS, STEVIE WONDER and MARY J. BLIGE have turned a tiny New Jersey town into America's most expensive zip code.

The trio is among a host of celebrities, including Chris Rock and former basketball star Patrick Ewing, to buy homes in Alpine, turning it into a haven for the rich and famous.
The average home in Alpine is now worth $4.14 million (?2.76 million), taking it to the top of a Forbes magazine poll of the U.S.' top towns.

Artherton, California came second, ahead of New York City's West Village, Duarte California, and the iconic Beverly Hills, 90210 in fifth place.

Posted on: 2009/8/31 11:43

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017