Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: SLY PATH COP CANS WOLFPACK OF 'MUGGERS' - Port Authority cop corralled a crew of gang-bangers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kingru wrote:
That story isn't true it wasn't no jump,one person took his ciggarettes and phone while he was sleep and one punched him in the face and held him in a chokehold for falsely accusing him for taking his stuff. we Were on the same car and no one told them who did it.

No sympathy here. Find some new friends or stop being a crybaby.

Posted on: 2010/4/2 16:36

Re: SLY PATH COP CANS WOLFPACK OF 'MUGGERS' - Port Authority cop corralled a crew of gang-bangers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kingru wrote:
That story isn't true I'm one of the people who got locked up and the the events that took place never happened like that some of it is true but the cops locked up innocent people that night. The guy only got touched by two people and it wasn't no jump,one person took his ciggarettes and phone while he was sleep and one punched him in the face and held him in a chokehold for falsely accusing him for taking his stuff. The cops locked 9 people up because we Were on the same car and no one told them who did it. They are currently still holding someone for the crime that just didn't say anything to the cops, he did what your parents all ways told you not to do when you were young and that my friend is being a "tattle tale". This happened on august 7 2009 it's now april 2nd and he's still locked up WOW!!!

shows you where the "no snitching" code of so-called honor gets you. bet the guy your little friend didn't tattle on is baking him cookies right now. no...wait...he's out punching other innocent people in the face.

by not helping to bring the guilty party to justice, your friend is guilty-by-association. maybe 8 months in jail will drive that point home.

Posted on: 2010/4/2 15:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 14:27
Group:
Registered Users
That story isn't true I'm one of the people who got locked up and the the events that took place never happened like that some of it is true but the cops locked up innocent people that night. The guy only got touched by two people and it wasn't no jump,one person took his ciggarettes and phone while he was sleep and one punched him in the face and held him in a chokehold for falsely accusing him for taking his stuff. The cops locked 9 people up because we Were on the same car and no one told them who did it. They are currently still holding someone for the crime that just didn't say anything to the cops, he did what your parents all ways told you not to do when you were young and that my friend is being a "tattle tale". This happened on august 7 2009 it's now april 2nd and he's still locked up WOW!!!

Posted on: 2010/4/2 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
I said that I am not in favor of the death penalty..although I would not shed a tear if these thugs were put to death. Would you? They would just be getting what they deserved!

Posted on: 2009/8/11 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
In Saudi Arabia or Nigeria, these "thugs" would simply be killed for their crimes. I'm not in favor of the death penalty, but why not lock these criminals away for life

Posted on: 2009/8/11 5:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
Yes he was such a terrible person for having the nerve to go to work at 6AM. What should he have done; stayed in bed until noon then go to his parole officer or the welfare or unemployment office?? Why do you blame the victim? You have some nerve. What are these bastards doing out at that time besides causing trouble? What else did they do that they haven't been caught for?

Posted on: 2009/8/10 20:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
look it up slick....chicago and Washington Dc had the sharpest increase in crime the past few years. They also have the strcitest gun laws. thats common knowledge.

Posted on: 2009/8/10 18:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/29 4:12
Group:
Banned
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:

Philidelphia and Miami are two east coast cities that allow the right to carry. do you feel less safe when you visit these cities?

Absolutely yes.

And thanks for citing your sources for all these figures you're throwing out.

Posted on: 2009/8/10 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Although I am a supporter of the right to carry, I am not a huge fan of guns in bars.

The article quotes the BBC and the Colbert Report two really reliable sources.

what some people fail to realize is that in the 42 states that you have complete right to carry concealed firearms, gun violence is actually lower than in the strictest states.

Philidelphia and Miami are two east coast cities that allow the right to carry. do you feel less safe when you visit these cities?

Chicago is the strictest city in the US for gun control and violence is soaring out of control. washington DC also has strict gun laws and violence is out of control there too.

England has seen a sharp rise in gun violence since they banned guns.

Again, I'm for strict phsycholigical and physical testing before someone is issued a permit to carry but I think its the individuals right to defend themselves.

Posted on: 2009/8/10 18:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Most gun advocates will tell you that the meth heads, thugs etc. already have their guns. Obviously, as in Goetz's case, a shooting would have to be justified in cases of self-defense. Goetz's shooting was not considered justified and he served time for it. He did represent a frustration that a lot of people had in NYC at that time. I am not a gun advocate but I am just saying that the idea that a criminal has something to worry about, besides whether a cop is around, appeals to my inner, visceral sense of justice. It's really just fantasy in the end and that was the point of my post. As far as gun control issues go you are preaching to the choir.

Goetz didn't getz a license.

Posted on: 2009/8/10 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Goetz was acquitted in the shooting. Ironically, he did time only for illegal possession of the handgun.

Criminals surely have guns, but when they can be sent away for ten years simply for being caught carrying them, they tend not to bring them on the subway.

Posted on: 2009/8/10 18:05
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Most gun advocates will tell you that the meth heads, thugs etc. already have their guns. Obviously, as in Goetz's case, a shooting would have to be justified in cases of self-defense. Goetz's shooting was not considered justified and he served time for it. He did represent a frustration that a lot of people had in NYC at that time. I am not a gun advocate but I am just saying that the idea that a criminal has something to worry about, besides whether a cop is around, appeals to my inner, visceral sense of justice. It's really just fantasy in the end and that was the point of my post. As far as gun control issues go you are preaching to the choir.

Posted on: 2009/8/10 18:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
It will be interesting to see if there is any measurable effect from these two states allowing people to carry guns into bars: http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2009 ... es-legalize-guns-in-bars/

Posted on: 2009/8/10 17:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Self-defense justifies the use of deadly force solely to protect your life*, not your cigarettes. Nor does it justify punishment. The line between preventing someone from killing you and teaching them a lesson gets very blurry when you're pumped full of adrenaline and holding a loaded weapon, as Bernie Goetz can tell you. Are you really advocating the death penalty for a bunch of kids hassling someone on the subway?

What about the bystanders caught in the crossfire?

What people who advocate concealed weapons on the subway alway seem to ignore is that they are not going to be the only ones carrying the weapons. So will the meth-heads and the thugs. The guy glowering across the aisle with his legs spread out so he gets two seats is going to be "defending himself" too. He's very quick to feel disrespected, and to him, disrespect is more serious than a pack of cigarettes.

No thank you.

*-Except in Texas where you can use deadly force to protect your stuff. Yee-hah!

Posted on: 2009/8/10 17:16
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
or better yet, a would-be mugger could stop and ask himself, "is this the day I get nailed by a quick-thinking Port Authority cop?"

I think this incident proves we don't need to become the wild west. we just need more people in uniform like officer Roche.

Posted on: 2009/8/10 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I don't like guns but I have to admit one thing. If a person gets on the PATH train everyday to go to work inside they tell themselves "I could get mugged today". It's not likely but there is always the chance. On the other hand, if a thug goes into the PATH trains with the intention of mugging somebody maybe they should have to ask themselves "If I pick on the wrong person could I get shot"? I know it could just turn into a game of upping the ante. But just saying, we have the right to some comfort level too.
On another note, I would hate to have been locked in that train car with the "wolfpack" till the cops arrived!

Posted on: 2009/8/10 16:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
SLY PATH COP CANS 'MUGGERS'

By PHILIP MESSING
New York Post

LOCKED IN: A Port Authority officer trapped an alleged gang in the PATH train until more police could arrive.

He outfoxed a wolfpack.

A quick-thinking Port Authority cop corralled a crew of gang-bangers who mugged a passenger on the PATH train -- simply by locking the doors on their subway car until backup arrived, sources said.

The thugs were so furious, they allegedly threatened to kill the officer.

The events unfolded about 6 a.m. Friday, when Officer John Roche responded to a passenger alert on the PATH train as it neared the Grove Street station in Jersey City.

Shine-Amon Sky, 37, of Manhattan, said he was on his way to work when he fell asleep and was beaten up by a group of thugs.

They had stolen his cigarettes while he dozed. When he awoke and demanded them back, they threw him to the ground and stole his cellphone, the sources said.

Sky led Roche through the train until they found the alleged attackers, who had all congregated into one car.

Seeing he was outnumbered, Roche radioed the conductor and told him to lock the car's doors while he called for backup, the sources said.

The conductor then held the train between stations until backup officers arrived at the Grove Street stop. When the train pulled in, the alleged gang members were all easily arrested.

Five adults were arrested: Ronald Lumpkin, 21, of Montclair and Deyshown DeSmith, 19, Marcus Terry, 19, Jovan Brown, 21, and Hassan Bates, 21, all of Newark. They were charged with robbery, assault, riot and disorderly conduct, and recruitment of a street gang, cops said.

Four juveniles -- three girls and a boy -- were charged with robbery, assault, riot and disorderly conduct, according to cops.

Two of the juvenile girls were also hit with another charge -- making terrorist threats -- when they vowed to cops that they would kill Roche for catching them.

"The Port Authority Police Department is aware of this threat and taking it seriously," a source said.

The assailants all allegedly have gang affiliations, cops said, including the Bevin Street Bloods and the 464 PIRU, named after Piru Street in Compton, Calif.

WHERES BERNIE GEOTZ WHEN YOU NEED HIM???

WHERES

Posted on: 2009/8/10 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bogart wrote:
Damn right! If this sort of thing happened in Texas what we'd have is nine dead terrorists and one unmessed-with pack of cigarettes. Maybe a few bystanders get hit, but what the heck, right? That's the price of Freedom.

I'll tell you what we do not have in Texas--no wimpy mass transit system. If a man can't make his own way in the world, he may as well shoot himself in the head--and take some terrorists with him. Or pregnant aerobics instructors. Or students. Or police officers. Whatever. Yee-hah!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernhard_Goetz

This is an incident that happened on the Nyc MTA subway train, and our Port Authority cop did a good job and efficient as well.

Bernhard Goetz is an American best known for shooting four young men intent on mugging him, resulting in his conviction for illegal possession of a firearm. Goetz came to symbolize New Yorkers' frustrations with the high crime rates of the mid 1980s. The incident occurred on the Seventh Avenue 2 express subway train in Manhattan in 1984. It sparked a nationwide debate on vigilantism, the perceptions of race and crime in major cities, and the legal limits of self-defense.

Posted on: 2009/8/10 15:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Good for the victim and the cops but I'm sure that the politicians who deny us our right to self defense would say that he should have just been happy to only have his cigs stolen without being permanently maimed.

The new civil disobedience is self defense.
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
I love it all the tell tale signs were there. Newark, gangs, age, and arrogance. That guy shouldn't have dozed off though. These hoodlums were on a free for all, how would they even remember that cop but the nerve to threaten him. Well at least it was the PATH if it was the Nyc MTA forget about it that guy would have been a gonner. Remember this when or if you decide to bash the PATH.

You have no right to defend yourself in New Jersey, so what does being awake matter? You have a "duty to flee". In fact our victim here could end up in trouble for demanding his cigarettes back.

Posted on: 2009/8/10 2:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
Good work officer Roche!

Posted on: 2009/8/10 0:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Damn right! If this sort of thing happened in Texas what we'd have is nine dead terrorists and one unmessed-with pack of cigarettes. Maybe a few bystanders get hit, but what the heck, right? That's the price of Freedom.

I'll tell you what we do not have in Texas--no wimpy mass transit system. If a man can't make his own way in the world, he may as well shoot himself in the head--and take some terrorists with him. Or pregnant aerobics instructors. Or students. Or police officers. Whatever.

Yee-hah!

Posted on: 2009/8/9 23:14
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
I love it all the tell tale signs were there. Newark, gangs, age, and arrogance. That guy shouldn't have dozed off though. These hoodlums were on a free for all, how would they even remember that cop but the nerve to threaten him. Well at least it was the PATH if it was the Nyc MTA forget about it that guy would have been a gonner. Remember this when or if you decide to bash the PATH.

You have no right to defend yourself in New Jersey, so what does being awake matter? You have a "duty to flee". In fact our victim here could end up in trouble for demanding his cigarettes back.

Posted on: 2009/8/9 22:42

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/11 13:35
Group:
Registered Users
Yes terrorist threats. Thats what it was.

Posted on: 2009/8/9 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
been a long time since we had some good news, well done!

i havent taken the path for a while but when i used to live in jsq, 6AM should be close to rush hour on a weekday no? i know at 7 there are already a ton of people.

Posted on: 2009/8/9 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Well done, officers, but "terrorist threats?" Really?

Posted on: 2009/8/9 17:54
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ACTPOHABT wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
I love it all the tell tale signs were there. Newark, gangs, age, and arrogance. That guy shouldn't have dozed off though.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/doze_off
We're paying for the service and we want to feel safe no matter what state you are in: awake or asleep (which wasn't his intention).

True......but try telling that to the victim. Anything can happen at any time. Be alert ! We cannot be dependent like children.

Posted on: 2009/8/9 15:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/20 1:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
I love it all the tell tale signs were there. Newark, gangs, age, and arrogance. That guy shouldn't have dozed off though.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/doze_off
We're paying for the service and we want to feel safe no matter what state you are in: awake or asleep (which wasn't his intention).

Posted on: 2009/8/9 15:17
"You are the flower and I am the bee" - Ko Bong, Zen Master.
- But, if the whole world is a single flower, then who is the bee?

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/8/9 15:04

SLY PATH COP CANS WOLFPACK OF 'MUGGERS' - Port Authority cop corralled a crew of gang-bangers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
SLY PATH COP CANS 'MUGGERS'

By PHILIP MESSING
New York Post

LOCKED IN: A Port Authority officer trapped an alleged gang in the PATH train until more police could arrive.

He outfoxed a wolfpack.

A quick-thinking Port Authority cop corralled a crew of gang-bangers who mugged a passenger on the PATH train -- simply by locking the doors on their subway car until backup arrived, sources said.

The thugs were so furious, they allegedly threatened to kill the officer.

The events unfolded about 6 a.m. Friday, when Officer John Roche responded to a passenger alert on the PATH train as it neared the Grove Street station in Jersey City.

Shine-Amon Sky, 37, of Manhattan, said he was on his way to work when he fell asleep and was beaten up by a group of thugs.

They had stolen his cigarettes while he dozed. When he awoke and demanded them back, they threw him to the ground and stole his cellphone, the sources said.

Sky led Roche through the train until they found the alleged attackers, who had all congregated into one car.

Seeing he was outnumbered, Roche radioed the conductor and told him to lock the car's doors while he called for backup, the sources said.

The conductor then held the train between stations until backup officers arrived at the Grove Street stop. When the train pulled in, the alleged gang members were all easily arrested.

Five adults were arrested: Ronald Lumpkin, 21, of Montclair and Deyshown DeSmith, 19, Marcus Terry, 19, Jovan Brown, 21, and Hassan Bates, 21, all of Newark. They were charged with robbery, assault, riot and disorderly conduct, and recruitment of a street gang, cops said.

Four juveniles -- three girls and a boy -- were charged with robbery, assault, riot and disorderly conduct, according to cops.

Two of the juvenile girls were also hit with another charge -- making terrorist threats -- when they vowed to cops that they would kill Roche for catching them.

"The Port Authority Police Department is aware of this threat and taking it seriously," a source said.

The assailants all allegedly have gang affiliations, cops said, including the Bevin Street Bloods and the 464 PIRU, named after Piru Street in Compton, Calif.

Posted on: 2009/8/9 13:35

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017