Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Politifax: "Excellent reason to believe" Senator Cunningham is official who "could not be bought
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
if you go strictly by polls, then hillary would probably be president.. or at the very least, mccain. i wouldnt call a 15 point lead in a strong blue state insurmountable. yes the corruption crap is putting a damper on corzines reelection hopes, but i wouldnt be surprised if he picks up a ton of ground between now and november

Posted on: 2009/8/5 18:23

Re: Politifax: "Excellent reason to believe" Senator Cunningham is official who "could not be bought"
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/14 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alanwright wrote:
Quote:

The news comes as a welcome respite for Cunningham, who, aside from watching her closest political advisor marched into FBI headquarters in handcuffs on television, is facing political heat for blocking Gov. Corzine?s nomination of Hudson County Executive Tom DeGise to the Port Authority.

She also said she'd have a hard time stumping for the Gov.... in a heavily-contested election in a place friendly to Dem turnout. What a turncoat.

An election's not really being heavily contested when the challenger has an insurmountable 15-point lead.

Posted on: 2009/8/5 17:55

Re: Politifax: "Excellent reason to believe" Senator Cunningham is official who "could not be bought
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

regulator wrote:
^i dont get it.. so she should blindly follow party lines and support the democrat? isnt that the opposite of what people expect their elected officials to do?

i hope that cunningham is indeed proven to be an honest politician. it would dispel the belief that fulop is the only good pol in JC

She's not my elected official. I'm in Stack's district.

I agree that electeds should not only walk in lockstep... but there's a time to fall behind the Governor, and for Hudson County Democrats, election season is that time. As an HCDO party apparatchik, she has a lot of learning to do. She can't honestly think Christie is better for her district, nevermind what Bayonne wants.

And as the Ledger editorial demonstrates... she's an unqualified joke who didn't deserve to inherit the position, and has done a few things to embarass her husband.

Also, I assume she was advised by Nia Gill and Ron Rice when she blocked the DeGise nomination for purely selfish reasons. When Gill and/or Rice blocked the Rabner nomination, they later gave way. But Gill and Rice are in even safer districts than Cunningham, so they can get away with playing politics, established as they are.

Posted on: 2009/8/5 17:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/3 0:37
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
The Ledger ran a pretty damning editorial about Cunningham a few years ago:

Star Ledger - This Hudson politician is an insult to the voters

Posted on: 2009/8/5 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
^i dont get it.. so she should blindly follow party lines and support the democrat? isnt that the opposite of what people expect their elected officials to do?

i hope that cunningham is indeed proven to be an honest politician. it would dispel the belief that fulop is the only good pol in JC

Posted on: 2009/8/5 16:36

Re: Politifax: "Excellent reason to believe" Senator Cunningham is official who "could not be bought"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

The news comes as a welcome respite for Cunningham, who, aside from watching her closest political advisor marched into FBI headquarters in handcuffs on television, is facing political heat for blocking Gov. Corzine?s nomination of Hudson County Executive Tom DeGise to the Port Authority.

She also said she'd have a hard time stumping for the Gov.... in a heavily-contested election in a place friendly to Dem turnout. What a turncoat.

Posted on: 2009/8/5 15:39

Politifax: "Excellent reason to believe" Senator Cunningham is official who "could not be bought"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/11 16:43
Group:
Registered Users
Politifax: Cunningham is official who 'could not be bought'
By Matt Friedman, PolitickerNJ.com Reporter

After federal agents arrested dozens of New Jersey politicos last month, some readers of the criminal complaints against them took solace in knowing that there was at least one public official who ?could not be owned.?

That person was briefly mentioned in the complaint against Jersey City veteran political consultant Joseph Cardwell who, discussing corrupt officials to hook an FBI informant up with, mentioned there was a ?particular state government official who could not be owned.?

In today?s Politifax, editor Nick Acocella writes he has ?excellent reason to believe? that the official is state Sen. Sandra B. Cunningham (D-Jersey City).

Since she entered the Hudson County political fray after the death of her husband, former Jersey City Mayor Glenn Cunningham, Cardwell has been Cunningham?s chief political advisor.

Reached over the phone this morning, Cunningham said she did not know that she was the official in the complaint.

?Well, I can?t be owned. It?s absolutely true. My husband was a U.S. Marshall. I would never do anything that would in any way hurt his name or his reputation? I?m un-bossed and un-bought,? she said.

Matt Friedman is a PolitickerNJ.com Reporter and can be reached via email at matt@politicsnj.com.

http://www.politickernj.com/matt-frie ... l-who-could-not-be-bought

Posted on: 2009/8/5 15:35

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017