Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
170 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 170

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Crazy Crack head on the Path
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
I wish I saw this. I love crazy people. Consider yourself lucky. Quote:

Brooklynboy wrote:
Yesterday I boarded the Path on 23rd Street and entered the 1st car. We got to 14th Street and some Crazy Crack Head young lady gets on.

Now remember there is a Path person is in the car to make announcements and open the doors.

She was is a lovely pink jumpsuit with a hoodie. She pranced up and down the car rabbling like a crazy person. She would see her reflection in the window and either laugh or scream Hoodie on! hoodie off! Then she sucks her thumb like a baby and starts to cry. Then laughs out loud.

Oh well.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 15:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/3 0:37
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Either just pay her no mind or if you are really that scared change cars. I am surprised by your reaction to her, things like this are common when taking public transportation.

Several people have recommended changing cars as an easy solution, but depending on the situation that might not be a good idea. When I was taking the subway and PATH during the bad old 80s and early 90s, the people who reacted to crazy or potentially violent passengers were the ones who were singled out for attention.

Most commuting veterans dealt with such situations by burying their heads in books and avoiding making eye contact with the transgressor.

This is a totally different situation than seeing a group of Hoboken frat jocks yuck it up after a night drinking.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 14:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Quote:

She was is a lovely pink jumpsuit with a hoodie. She pranced up and down the car rabbling like a crazy person. She would see her reflection in the window and either laugh or scream Hoodie on! hoodie off! Then she sucks her thumb like a baby and starts to cry. Then laughs out loud.

And what exactly do you think should have been done about this? Do you have an idea for a general solution to keep crazy people off of public transportation? Is it better that they be driving?

Call in the JCPD! They seem to know exactly how to deal with crazy people.

Not on the PATH train they won't. It's called jurisdiction.

Actually, I've got a separate question. What is the PA jurisdiction? Can they write tickets anywhere, or just on PA roads? Anyway to find out?

Posted on: 2009/7/31 14:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

Brooklynboy wrote:
Yesterday I boarded the Path on 23rd Street and entered the 1st car. We got to 14th Street and some Crazy Crack Head young lady gets on.

Now remember there is a Path person is in the car to make announcements and open the doors.

Now the lady across from me look towards the person working for the Path as I do as well. He/she does NOTHING. 9th Street. Nothing. We look at the Path person again. Christopher Street. We look and nothing. She now starts acting like at trapped animal. Nothing. Off we go. Newport Pavonia. Nothing. Grove Street I get off but still NOTHING.

This woman may have been some crazed killer with a gun for all I know and this person did NOTHING.

I work in Manhattan and had a similar situation. Always remember at the front (inside and outside ) and back of a car there is a number for the car. As I exited the 6 train I saw a police person an d said that there was a crazy person in e.g. car # 6750. They will stop the train at the next stop go to the car an pull the person off.

I can not believe this Path person did NOTHING. Maybe he/she always sees crack heads at 3:00 PM.
Oh well.

That PATH person you speak of is a conductor they are hired to open the doors, make station arrival announcements, and communicate with the engineer. The conductor is not hired to handle law enforcement nor is it in their contract. The PATH has Port Authority police officers to handle these situations; they carry guns and ticket books. If every passenger were to be unnerved by an oddly acting passenger and have the train stopped how far would the train get? You might have a valid point if so I would suggest exit the car to another one, or exit that train completely and wait for the next one, surely your life is worth only the loss of time.

Hardly True, I remember after a night of one too many drinks, I was the unruly passenger.... from what I was told I was loud and obnoxious ( im sorry to the guy whos newspaper I repeatedly hit with my hands while talking) The conductor threatened me if I didn't shut up then I would get kicked off... needless to say I shut my mouth the rest of the trip.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 14:19
"I have two kids. None of them are shit eaters, thank you." - SonofPizzaz

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Quote:

And what exactly do you think should have been done about this? Do you have an idea for a general solution to keep crazy people off of public transportation? Is it better that they be driving?

Not on the PATH train they won't. It's called jurisdiction.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 14:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Quote:

zing!

Posted on: 2009/7/31 14:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2009/7/31 13:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Brooklynboy wrote:

Now the lady across from me look towards the person working for the Path as I do as well. He/she does NOTHING. 9th Street. Nothing. We look at the Path person again. Christopher Street. We look and nothing. She now starts acting like at trapped animal. Nothing. Off we go. Newport Pavonia. Nothing. Grove Street I get off but still NOTHING.

This woman may have been some crazed killer with a gun for all I know and this person did NOTHING.

I work in Manhattan and had a similar situation. Always remember at the front (inside and outside ) and back of a car there is a number for the car. As I exited the 6 train I saw a police person an d said that there was a crazy person in e.g. car # 6750. They will stop the train at the next stop go to the car an pull the person off.

I can not believe this Path person did NOTHING. Maybe he/she always sees crack heads at 3:00 PM.
Oh well.

That PATH person you speak of is a conductor they are hired to open the doors, make station arrival announcements, and communicate with the engineer. The conductor is not hired to handle law enforcement nor is it in their contract. The PATH has Port Authority police officers to handle these situations; they carry guns and ticket books. If every passenger were to be unnerved by an oddly acting passenger and have the train stopped how far would the train get? You might have a valid point if so I would suggest exit the car to another one, or exit that train completely and wait for the next one, surely your life is worth only the loss of time.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 11:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/20 19:23
Group:
Banned
Well she didn't hurt anyone did she? And you didn't really do anything about the situation either except complain to the internet about it.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 5:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
LMAO...What did you really expect them to do with the lady? Kick her off? If she wasn't violent or threatening anyone she can act as nutty as she wants. Either just pay her no mind or if you are really that scared change cars. I am surprised by your reaction to her, things like this are common when taking public transportation.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 5:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/31 1:57
From between duncan and jewett
Group:
Registered Users
that's the city, your lucky she did'nt shoot! in a situation like that, you move to the next car. if a guy was swerving in the car in front of you, would you stay near it? common sense, get with it.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 2:01
as times get hard, i get even harder

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2009/7/31 0:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/25 2:12
Group:
Banned
That is terrifying, and a potentially dangerous situation for anyone on the train. I'm shocked that the conductor did not act in the best interest of everyone and do something. As much as I like going for rides on the train with my 2-year-old, sometimes I think we'd be better off staying home and watching American History Railroading episodes on the YouTube.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 0:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/7 14:54
Group:
Registered Users
And??? If you actually felt threatened, wouldn't you have changed cars? Doesn't sound any worse than an average day on the MTA.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 0:17

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/16 18:38
Group:
Registered Users
LoL maybe she was just having fun? If not someone should have done the right thing and gotten her off the streets.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 0:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:48
Group:
Banned
Is it against the law to be crazy?

Posted on: 2009/7/31 0:10

Crazy Crack head on the Path
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users

Oh well.

Posted on: 2009/7/30 23:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017