Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Jersey City Cops Injured; Shoot Culprit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
What's the saying? "Until you've walked a mile in my shoes"? No one can know what these cops were dealing with in this incident. The TV version of a karate chop to subdue the attacker is fantasy. The cops didn't necessarily fire to protect themselves as much as to protect their partner. Training is important but it can't teach you to read minds. It all happens in milli-seconds.

The point is they put themselves in harms way. The woman was locked in the apartment alone, they chose to knock the door down and enter it was not like the woman came into the hall and attacked them. She was mentally ill not a criminal, the cops knew this before entering the apartment.

seriously?
What's the other side of the coin...the police don't enter the apt and the woman hurts herself or kills her husband. Lets not forget that he called the police in the first place. So now the husband is dead and people say: "why didn't the police do more to help them, why didn't they enter the apt?"

If a dog, person, chimp, whatever is coming at me, a partner or loved one after already having attacked us and I have a weapon and training to go with it, I'm taking action.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 20:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
What's the saying? "Until you've walked a mile in my shoes"? No one can know what these cops were dealing with in this incident. The TV version of a karate chop to subdue the attacker is fantasy. The cops didn't necessarily fire to protect themselves as much as to protect their partner. Training is important but it can't teach you to read minds. It all happens in milli-seconds.

The point is they put themselves in harms way. The woman was locked in the apartment alone, they chose to knock the door down and enter it was not like the woman came into the hall and attacked them. She was mentally ill not a criminal, the cops knew this before entering the apartment.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 20:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
Quote:

saabconv wrote:
I can't WAIT for you cry-babies to need the cops. And when somebody is attacking you or a loved ones, they'll quietly try to negotiate with perps. Pathetic, boring, tired way of looking at things. I reiterate - your way of thinking - that you can actually rehabilitate these ANIMALS - is why it keeps happening over and over and over and over again.

Animals?

In contrast to your death-wishes, I hope no one in your family ever falls victim to mental illness or addiction. Because, truly, this woman could have been anyone's mother, sister, daughter, or wife.

You're response to the taking of a life, no matter the circumstances, is revolting.

If she's THAT crazy, she should have been institutionalized and not posing a threat to the rest of the normal society.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Indomitus wrote:
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
The administration is definitely pro criminal although its not as cut and dry that. I know 1st hand healy depends on the votes of the low life element that is responsible for a majority of the crime.

It goes like this "i'll give you free housing, foodstamps and a free pass to live a life of a dirt bag if vote for me".

The admin turns a blind eye to all the crime in the city and the wheel goes round and round......

Ah ha! That explains the 20-30% of voters in JC that actually bothered to vote. The non-dirt bags stayed home and sat on their hands.

Let me correct that. The non-dirtbag RENTERS stayed home and sat on their hands. Everyone I know downtown who owns actually voted. The renters don't have enough vested.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:

JCLXZ- my friend, you are a piece of $hit.

Yes, this is the kind of reaction to expect in JC when people speak out against corruption and lies.

I was going to say the same thing, but NewHeights beat me to it. You realize you were straight up talking sh*t on a guy who just passed away protecting your ass. Who the eff are you to judge what he did right and what he overlooked during his career as a cop. Are you a saint? You do things proper all day, every day? I doubt it, but at least you're alive to defend yourself.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FYI JC cops are not experts in hand to hand combat. Most cops don't know jack about hand to hand combat. It takes years and years to become fluid in knife disarmaments. What they learn in police academy is pretty much useless.

That is a big part of the problem they are not trained well enough.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
... I am convinced that those kids who beat up that girl were dusted up.. because how at 18 can you do something so violent??

I agree I think the average Jersey City resident has no idea how many violent incidents in this city are connected to this drug. The majority of residents also don't know it is becoming more and more popular with young men in their teens and 20's...

Angel Dust from Wiki:

Intoxicated individuals may act in an unpredictable fashion, driven by their delusions and hallucinations. The American rapper Big Lurch murdered an acquaintance and ate her lungs while on PCP. In The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat, a similarly gruesome murder is described. In April 2009, a man in Bakersfield bit out his 4-year-old son's eye, and severely damaged the other, before attempting to chop off his own legs with an axe while under the influence of PCP.

In 1977, actor David Lochary died by bleeding to death in his New York apartment after falling on a glass while on PCP.

Included in the portfolio of behavioral disturbances are acts of self-injury including suicide, and attacks on others or destruction of property. The analgesic properties of the drug can cause users to feel less pain, and persist in violent or injurious acts as a result. Recreational doses of the drug can also induce a psychotic state that resembles schizophrenic episodes which can last for months at a time with toxic doses. Users generally report an "out-of-body" experience where they feel detached from reality, or one's consciousness seems somewhat disconnected from normal reality.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
Quote:
saabconv wrote: Last time - mentally ill isn't an excuse to break the law.

It's not an excuse, but it is a valid reason to declare that someone isn't culpable for their actions.

Quote:
Any of us can plead "mentally ill" with the right attorney.

So, mental illness doesn't exist. It's nem damn city laywers getting all slick with their jurisprudence and science!

Quote:
And last time - put yourselves in the cops' position - somebody stabs you, first reaction is to be compassionate and understanding - or do you defend yourself? When you can answer that question REALISTICALLY - then post something worth reading.

Ok, I'll put myself in the cops position. An imbalanced woman is wigging out in her locked apartment. I never would have opened that door.

Furthermore, the cops are supposed to act with a level of judgment and responsibility surpassing what the average person would do, and certainly surpassing what a violent cretin like you would do. If cops are just everyday people with guns, then what the hell do we need them for? We can all get guns and take care of it ourselves.

So which is it: are police "special" or not?

Posted on: 2009/7/22 18:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
I'm curious but what does a mentally unstable woman have to do with economy? Are we going to blame everything on Obama now? It's Obamas fault she got shot too? Meth is not a new drug in the area... you can get anything in JC, Altho I am convinced that those kids who beat up that girl were dusted up.. because how at 18 can you do something so violent??

I agree I think the average Jersey City resident has no idea how many violent incidents in this city are connected to this drug. The majority of residents also don't know it is becoming more and more popular with young men in their teens and 20's.

As for the police shooting I think the police are in the wrong here also they busted in the door and put themselves in harms way. This whole situation could have been handled different. I think the police need to be retrained on how to handle situations like this.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 18:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/5 14:28
Group:
Banned
Last time - mentally ill isn't an excuse to break the law. Any of us can plead "mentally ill" with the right attorney. And last time - put yourselves in the cops' position - somebody stabs you, first reaction is to be compassionate and understanding - or do you defend yourself? When you can answer that question REALISTICALLY - then post something worth reading.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
A lot of things that mentally ill people do are against the law ... hence the term mentally ill, hence why you can plead insanity. COPS are TRAINED to deal with those types of people and when you get out on the field and all that training goes out the window well, then thats where I have a problem

Posted on: 2009/7/22 18:24
"I have two kids. None of them are shit eaters, thank you." - SonofPizzaz

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

saabconv wrote:It is against the law to attack a police officer.

It's against the law to attack any human.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 18:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Take a xanax and relax. I did not say SPECIFICALLY that mentally ill people are ANIMALS. Criminals are animals. What that woman (who may or MAY NOT have been "mentally ill") did was CRIMINAL. It is against the law to attack a police officer.

You just read what you want to read and take it from there. Get off your soapbox and don't take things personally.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

saabconv wrote:
Robot - are you saying that mental illness is an excuse to commit crimes? How about that ANIMAL who killed the man at the light rail. He was mentally ill - but I guess in your mind - we should be supportive and nurturing. WRONG.

I wish death on NO ONE - however - HOWEVER - if you go after somebody else - EVERY SINGLE PERSON has a RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES. If they're mentally ill, so be it. If they're sane and made a mistake, so be it as well.

If you had your way, we would all sit by and let people violate us and then ask questions later. You revolt me.

saab - youre missing the point. if someone attacks you, an ordinary citizen, in the middle of the street, you have every right to defend yourself. if it turns out this person that attacked you was mentally ill, and you didnt know about it, then you cant be blamed for that

however , it sounds like these officers knew (or should have known) that the suspect was mentally ill. whether they knew or didnt know isnt clear to me. but if they knew they were dealing with a potentially crazy person, their intentions should be to control the situation by immobilizing the suspect (i.e using a tazer or tranquilizer darts) rather than lethal force.

i think someone posted on this thread that jcpd does not carry tasers with them.. so i cant fault the officers for firing on the lady (especially if they tried pepper spraying her or baton already). however, if they would make tranquilizer darts or tazers a standard issue to every cop - or at least 1 per cop car - it might avoid unfortunate situations like this

Posted on: 2009/7/22 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
^^^

Ugh. I realize I'm taking you away from the Rush Limbaugh show, but your rush to damn the mentally ill needs to be addressed.

Try and look at this rationally. The woman was in her apartment. By herself. Locked in.

Was there the opportunity to call a counselor? Was there the opportunity to wait it out? Shoot a sleeping dart? Was she a danger to anyone besides herself AT THAT GIVEN TIME. Apparently, based on news reports, not. If those facts change, or are clarified, and it becomes apparent that the police acted in the most responsible and reasonable manner, throughout the ordeal, then I'll happily retract my concerns.

But we're talking about a human life here. You don't apparently see any value in it. But as of right now, with the facts at hand, I can see no good reason for this woman being dead.

You can drag unrelated anecdotes into this (Light Rail killer, etc.) So can I - how about the killing in Brooklyn earlier this year, where the PO tasered and killed the mentally unstable guy swinging a fluorescent tube, and then ended up killing himself? Again, the police didn't know how to respond to the situation, and TWO PEOPLE died.

You can dismiss the mentally ill as animals all you want if it makes you feel better. But I'd put you right in that category - you must be a sociopath to not have empathy for mentally ill people who die in tragic circumstances.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 17:54

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Robot - are you saying that mental illness is an excuse to commit crimes? How about that ANIMAL who killed the man at the light rail. He was mentally ill - but I guess in your mind - we should be supportive and nurturing. WRONG.

I wish death on NO ONE - however - HOWEVER - if you go after somebody else - EVERY SINGLE PERSON has a RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES. If they're mentally ill, so be it. If they're sane and made a mistake, so be it as well.

If you had your way, we would all sit by and let people violate us and then ask questions later. You revolt me.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

saabconv wrote:
I can't WAIT for you cry-babies to need the cops. And when somebody is attacking you or a loved ones, they'll quietly try to negotiate with perps. Pathetic, boring, tired way of looking at things. I reiterate - your way of thinking - that you can actually rehabilitate these ANIMALS - is why it keeps happening over and over and over and over again.

Animals?

In contrast to your death-wishes, I hope no one in your family ever falls victim to mental illness or addiction. Because, truly, this woman could have been anyone's mother, sister, daughter, or wife.

You're response to the taking of a life, no matter the circumstances, is revolting.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 17:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/8 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
The administration is definitely pro criminal although its not as cut and dry that. I know 1st hand healy depends on the votes of the low life element that is responsible for a majority of the crime.

It goes like this "i'll give you free housing, foodstamps and a free pass to live a life of a dirt bag if vote for me".

The admin turns a blind eye to all the crime in the city and the wheel goes round and round......

Ah ha! That explains the 20-30% of voters in JC that actually bothered to vote. The non-dirt bags stayed home and sat on their hands.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 17:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/17 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mouth_breather wrote:
I think it's kind of insane that you are all calling this woman a #OOPS#ing CRIMINAL.
I understand she attacked police officers with a knife, but she was apparently mentally unstable. If that's a crime, well god damn it, I can't even begin to tell you how many people I have happened upon in Jersey City that should be "locked up and have the key thrown away".

Maybe what you are saying is this person may not have had a previous criminal record.

Attacking and stabbing people with a weapon is attempted manslaughter or at least aggravated assault, which is a felony. Miss by a few inches on both sides and the story could have easily read 'Two officers fatally stabbed, woman apprehended after shot in hand'.

We can all speculate, but I don't think enough facts are out to make a judgment one way or the other.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 17:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/7/22 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:

Yes, this is the kind of reaction to expect in JC when people speak out against corruption and lies.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sam2goody wrote:
If it hadn't been for the unfortunate events of this last week, you would probably have had more sympathy with the woman who died. Its possible the cops were more aggressive as well for the same reason. Considering that she was mentally unstable and she sees two people break the door to get into her home, she might've been agitated. I don't know the extent of her disability but maybe she didn't register them as cops.

This story was on the news today morning. Her husband's story was very different from the cops version. Till more details are available, please show some consideration for a woman who lost her life.

100% agree

Posted on: 2009/7/22 16:45

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/26 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
If it hadn't been for the unfortunate events of this last week, you would probably have had more sympathy with the woman who died. Its possible the cops were more aggressive as well for the same reason. Considering that she was mentally unstable and she sees two people break the door to get into her home, she might've been agitated. I don't know the extent of her disability but maybe she didn't register them as cops.

This story was on the news today morning. Her husband's story was very different from the cops version. Till more details are available, please show some consideration for a woman who lost her life.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
I'm curious but what does a mentally unstable woman have to do with economy? Are we going to blame everything on Obama now? It's Obamas fault she got shot too? Meth is not a new drug in the area... you can get anything in JC, Altho I am convinced that those kids who beat up that girl were dusted up.. because how at 18 can you do something so violent??

Posted on: 2009/7/22 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sure that mostly this is all due the economic downturn -- but I also wonder if there are new drugs in town -- like meth or something... Here is where this happened - I hope the webmaster adds the locations to the titles of these posts...
View Larger Map

Posted on: 2009/7/22 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
I see we have several crack users on this sight.

http://www.cato.org/testimony/ct-wc67.html

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2009 ... ta-enemy-of-democrat.html

Posted on: 2009/7/22 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
jclxz, Heights - what is JCPD suppose to do - ask them to sit down and discuss over tea? Get real - of course they have their fingers on the trigger and will ask questions LATER - an innocent officer just lost his life, not to mention three children that will now grow up without a father.

If their story is true, yes, they possibly could have tried to negotiate first.

And the problem is that I don't BELIEVE the story. We have no reason to believe it - the JCPD is not at all credible. Given the behavior from the JCPD, especially in recent days, it's perfectly reasonable to conclude that the woman with the knife was not the only one acting mentally unbalanced.

And while the officer that died probably did not do anything to deserve it, he's not a saint now that he has died. Every corrupt act he engaged in or overlooked during his career erases the badge of "innocent".

Posted on: 2009/7/22 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/7/22 15:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
Healy is Pro Criminal - He has been Mayor for quite a while. We have yet to see a serious plan to address crime in Jersey City...The Police needs to be increased...The Police need to be better equipped....We should also be using technology to help fight crime. We need an outside Police Commissioner.

Criminals feel safe doing business in Jersey City...Where are the Council meeting on Crime? Healy and most of our Council can't do enough to help and the developers abatement and they don't do enough to address crime.
The minute a developer wants an abatement a council meeting is held. Where is the seriousness about addressing crime.

Quote:

saabconv wrote:
. Its so obvious most of you are pro criminal - anti cop. THAT'S why this crimewave crap has been happening....

Posted on: 2009/7/22 14:53

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017