Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: I Made the Streets of JC a Bit Safer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

alanwright wrote:
Did you talk to this man before you attacked him? Because your unprovoked attack sounds like what this community needs less of. I'm sure Curtis Sliwa would disagree, because he brags about vigilantism as well.

You're telling us it was justifiable, out of necessity, to prevent harm to you or others. Ok. But you had other options which did not include physically accosting this man, and which did not put yourself at risk.

Wow. Just wow. Care to list my "other options" ?

I wasn't there. Did you consider any other options? Since you didn't answer my other questions, I guess we can assume you did not open your mouth before you carjacked the guy.

Posted on: 2009/6/29 15:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/7 19:50
Group:
Registered Users
You give me a choice between saving someone from a drunk driver or getting sued by the miscreant, my choice will be the same every time.

Tommy, you did place yourself at risk, but for that I thank you.

Some of the time, people just need to do the right thing.

Thanks again.

Posted on: 2009/6/29 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Right on Brother, Good Job!

Posted on: 2009/6/29 15:14

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/7 16:32
Group:
Registered Users
The 2 posts above are absolutely ridiculous. Good job Tommy, you did the right thing.

Posted on: 2009/6/29 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alanwright wrote:
Did you talk to this man before you attacked him? Because your unprovoked attack sounds like what this community needs less of. I'm sure Curtis Sliwa would disagree, because he brags about vigilantism as well.

You're telling us it was justifiable, out of necessity, to prevent harm to you or others. Ok. But you had other options which did not include physically accosting this man, and which did not put yourself at risk.

Wow. Just wow. Care to list my "other options" ?

Posted on: 2009/6/29 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/6/29 15:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
did you proceed to get sued for putting your hands on someone who hadn't done anything yet?

i agree that you did the right thing, but with the way some of these laws are written, you'd be lucky to get away with nothing at all. i mean you have EMT's getting sued for trying to save choking people, so why not innocent citizens getting sued for stopping an obviously drunk driver from driving away?

Posted on: 2009/6/29 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Good on ya, Tommy! That's my hood, so your story hits close to home, literally.

Posted on: 2009/6/29 14:51

I Made the Streets of JC a Bit Safer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
On Friday night, I was walking home from Zeppelin when I saw a middle aged man, stumbling and tumbling. I then saw that he got behind the wheel of a car. He appeared very, very intoxicated. This was right outside my house on Van Vorst Park.

I ran up to the car, opened the car door, and pulled the man from behind the wheel. I then took his keys, and leaned against the driver side door so that he could not get in. He was a little aggressive, and I kept having to push him off. I called the JCPD, and 2 cops arrived within about 10 minutes. For ten minutes, I basically had this guy under citizen's arrest!

Upon arrival, the 2 cops saw immediately that this man was in no condition to drive. The cops thanked me profusely for detaining this drunken man. They called an ambulance, and this man was taken to the JC Medical Center to rest up until he was sober. So, I saved this man from a DUI, and potentially saved other drivers and pedestrians from danger. Needless to say, this drunken man was not happy with me, although he should have been!

The irony is that I was a tad tipsy myself, from my time at Zeppelin...but at least I wasn't trying to drive!! :)

A note to all...keep your eyes peeled. Every little action we take to make our streets and neighborhoods safer, makes a big difference. Also, every one of you should have the JCPD numbers saved in your cell phones. 201-547-5477.

Posted on: 2009/6/29 14:44

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017