Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: $300 gas bill for june!!??
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/5 14:56
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

otnemem wrote:
Right, that's pretty retarded (the fact that you would post about it rather than call and perhaps easily resolve a technical error).

Uhh... actually it turns out that this is EXACTLY the kind of thing that forums should do.

umestazzuele: strangely enough, we had the exact same problem on our June PSEG bill. Our ("actual") gas reading was higher than any other month (including January) ever.

We called PSEG and got blown off initially; they said it was just a reading error.

But now, another billing cycle later that aberrant gas reading remains. We are still trying to resolve this, but I find it extremely interesting that we aren't the only ones with this problem.

It could be nothing but a simple mistake, but IF several other JC Listers have similar problems with their gas bill, this could actually turn out to be an interesting topic.

Posted on: 2009/8/8 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
I emailed them in Mid April about my problem and they got back to me in Mid June. The email open with "sorry for the delay".

2 Months. Crazy. By the way they still screwed me.

Posted on: 2009/8/8 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gumbo wrote:
otnemem...please do share on how one reaches al customer service PSE&G rep on the phone...along with translating Linear A, this stands as one of the world's great mysteries...

Almost all the time when I call I get a recorded message that they are experiencing an extraordinary number of calls and I'm advised to call back another time. Sometimes their answering system even enforces this advice by disconnecting me.

When I moved, I followed their advice and tried to handle the transfer of service online, but I was told that I'd have to pay an $850 deposit to proceed, so I dropped that approach. I finally reached someone and there was no mention of any deposit. Gotta love monopolies.

Posted on: 2009/8/8 16:48
I live by the river.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 11:36
Group:
Registered Users
so now i'm a lunatic, huh?

Posted on: 2009/6/9 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pjmurf910 wrote:
Okay...so i just opened my cell phone bill for the month of June and guess what...

I owe $500 for overage charges!!!

Can you believe this!?!?

I know this may seem random, but I figured since this lunatic is trying to blame Jersey City for their PSE&G bill, i might as well try and blame JC for my cell phone bill.

This in an outrage, i hate Jersey City!

Does anyone know any other towns/web-sites i can blame besides myself?

What does your cell phone bill have to do with the City of Jersey City or living here in J.C. ?

Posted on: 2009/6/9 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pjmurf910 wrote:
Okay...so i just opened my cell phone bill for the month of June and guess what...

Can you believe this!?!?

I know this may seem random, but I figured since this lunatic is trying to blame Jersey City for their PSE&G bill, i might as well try and blame JC for my cell phone bill.

At what point did the OP try to blame JC? You are an uneducated asshole. Please drop dead immediatley.

Posted on: 2009/6/9 14:48

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/21 2:10
Group:
Registered Users

Can you believe this!?!?

Posted on: 2009/6/9 4:03

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/18 15:44
Group:
Registered Users
On your bill there is a number to the Board of Public Utilities. Call them first. Don't waste your time trying to get a hold PSE&G's customer service. You will get results much quicker.

Posted on: 2009/6/9 1:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
There was something on the news yesterday AM that due to an "online glitch" PSE&G overcharged 650 customers and they are being issued refund checks.

Posted on: 2009/6/8 18:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
after being on hold for what seemed like eternity i finally got through to someone and explained the situation. they asked me to go downstairs and read the meter to them. turns out whoever read the meter misread it and that's why i got overcharged. so they're going to send me an adjusted bill next week.

Posted on: 2009/6/7 15:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/20 23:56
From Bergen/Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
It was almost 30 years ago but from what I can recall, the rep was a middle-aged pudgy man with a comb-over job.

[Quote]
heights wrote:
Is he the one with the accent and swarthy look to himself. Also the young foreign lady on the other end where only bills are paid can be a bit of a pill.[/quote]

Posted on: 2009/6/7 12:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/21 20:27
Group:
Registered Users
Ask PS&G for a meter reading schedule for your bulding. If they cant read your meters then they will estimate your usage for that month. Most times they will over estimate your usage and sometimes they will under estimate your usage.

Make sure someone is availabe during the morning of your meter reading to pervent you from being overchaged.

Posted on: 2009/6/7 5:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tanze_des_lasters wrote:
I see some things never change. Back in 1980 while living in Hoboken, I received a PSE&G bill for $5,000. It was eventually ascertained that I was billed for the entire eight apartment building?s two month bill but not after numerous visits to their offices and threats of being disconnected. The rep behind the desk was so sinister in demanding I pay up now, I?ll never forget him. At least now they seem to be more customer-friendly.

Is he the one with the accent and swarthy look to himself. Also the young foreign lady on the other end where only bills are paid can be a bit of a pill.

Posted on: 2009/6/6 23:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

FyrGrl wrote:
I have viewed JCList for years, but have never registered or posted. However, this is a topic that I am all too familiar with and thought I'd add my experience.

After living in JC for over 10 years, we have experienced numerous billing issues with PSEG. Most recently our February electricity bill showed that we used 15,000+ kWh of power and our bill was over $3,000! (for the record we normally average 500). I immediately called the customer service line and scheduled a meter reading.

PSEG came out and read our meter, logged the information, and corrected it on our bill. I followed up with customer service to be sure the changes were made. It was and they said we would see the change on our next bill.

Our next bill arrives and it did reflect the meter reading change, however they did not change the amount of money owed. It has now been 4 months and we are still dealing with this. It has now been forwarded to the Accounting Department for review.

Our account has had a "Lock" put on it b/c my most recent bill was also a "Notification of Shut-Off" (they also left us a v-mail to tell us our bill was past due $2,800 and it must be paid by a specific date or shut-off will occur....-nice, huh?) This "Account Lock" will (should) not allow PSEG to disconnect our service until the problem is resolved. It was offered by the customer service rep and welcomed by us. (I should also add that over these last 4 months I have continued to pay the "current" charges. In the situations where the "current" were the errors, I calculated an approx of what that amount should be and paid that. If you don't want to go through that process, just pay the same amount as the month before. Both of these approaches have been welcomed and recommended by the customer service department)

Even though this has been extremely!!!!! frustrating I must say that the representatives on the PSEG customer service line have always been polite, professional, extremely helpful and understanding. Even the meter readers have given us some helpful information.

Other things to keep in mind:

The "Customer Reading", "Actual Reading", "Estimated Reading" notation on the bill is not always correct. Monitor it and let them know if it's wrong.

PSEG has recently changed systems and this may result in errors on current bills (your account numbers have also changed). This will also result on long hold times (25 min for me yesterday)

Monitor your PSEG bill, readings, etc monthly. Check your meter # to be sure the readers are doing so accurately. Also compare these numbers to your bill when it arrives.

The PSEG rep I spoke with yesterday said the best day to call is Sunday. Haven't tried it yet, but he said there is rarely any hold times on Sunday.

I agree with one of the posters...call customer service, this should always be your first step. The calls are logged into the system under your account and will be helpful if, like us, the error goes on for months.

Also, someone else suggested going to the JSQ office. After speaking with the rep yesterday I asked about this and, if the error is not corrected by next month, I will be doing just that.

Be patient, it will all work out.

it's actually good news if they shut you off, then you have a very good legal case provided you kept records of what you posted here.

Posted on: 2009/6/6 19:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/20 23:56
From Bergen/Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
I see some things never change. Back in 1980 while living in Hoboken, I received a PSE&G bill for $5,000. It was eventually ascertained that I was billed for the entire eight apartment building?s two month bill but not after numerous visits to their offices and threats of being disconnected. The rep behind the desk was so sinister in demanding I pay up now, I?ll never forget him. At least now they seem to be more customer-friendly.

Posted on: 2009/6/6 16:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/6 15:09
Group:
Registered Users
I have viewed JCList for years, but have never registered or posted. However, this is a topic that I am all too familiar with and thought I'd add my experience.

After living in JC for over 10 years, we have experienced numerous billing issues with PSEG. Most recently our February electricity bill showed that we used 15,000+ kWh of power and our bill was over $3,000! (for the record we normally average 500). I immediately called the customer service line and scheduled a meter reading.

PSEG came out and read our meter, logged the information, and corrected it on our bill. I followed up with customer service to be sure the changes were made. It was and they said we would see the change on our next bill.

Our next bill arrives and it did reflect the meter reading change, however they did not change the amount of money owed. It has now been 4 months and we are still dealing with this. It has now been forwarded to the Accounting Department for review.

Our account has had a "Lock" put on it b/c my most recent bill was also a "Notification of Shut-Off" (they also left us a v-mail to tell us our bill was past due $2,800 and it must be paid by a specific date or shut-off will occur....-nice, huh?) This "Account Lock" will (should) not allow PSEG to disconnect our service until the problem is resolved. It was offered by the customer service rep and welcomed by us. (I should also add that over these last 4 months I have continued to pay the "current" charges. In the situations where the "current" were the errors, I calculated an approx of what that amount should be and paid that. If you don't want to go through that process, just pay the same amount as the month before. Both of these approaches have been welcomed and recommended by the customer service department)

Even though this has been extremely!!!!! frustrating I must say that the representatives on the PSEG customer service line have always been polite, professional, extremely helpful and understanding. Even the meter readers have given us some helpful information.

Other things to keep in mind:

The "Customer Reading", "Actual Reading", "Estimated Reading" notation on the bill is not always correct. Monitor it and let them know if it's wrong.

PSEG has recently changed systems and this may result in errors on current bills (your account numbers have also changed). This will also result on long hold times (25 min for me yesterday)

Monitor your PSEG bill, readings, etc monthly. Check your meter # to be sure the readers are doing so accurately. Also compare these numbers to your bill when it arrives.

The PSEG rep I spoke with yesterday said the best day to call is Sunday. Haven't tried it yet, but he said there is rarely any hold times on Sunday.

I agree with one of the posters...call customer service, this should always be your first step. The calls are logged into the system under your account and will be helpful if, like us, the error goes on for months.

Also, someone else suggested going to the JSQ office. After speaking with the rep yesterday I asked about this and, if the error is not corrected by next month, I will be doing just that.

Be patient, it will all work out.

Posted on: 2009/6/6 15:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/22 1:17
From Grove Street/Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/6/6 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Great suggestions on this thread and hopefully it will be corrected soon.

I don't know what kind of home that you live in but if there are exposed gas lines outside at the meter and inside the basement, I would do a quick inspection of the pipes (especially the joints). If you smell gas, call the emergency number and explain.

You could also make a soapy solution 3 parts dish liquid and 1 part water and spray the joints or areas where you may see oxidation, rust, or damage. If the soap bubbles, then you have a small leak at the joint and should call PSEG. You should also turn off the gas immediately. You may need a small pipe or monkey wrench, but any type of pliers should be sufficient to turn of the gas..

Good luck and hopefully it's a bad reading and you get credited soon.

Posted on: 2009/6/6 3:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
The guy who read the meter probably doesn't have a high school diploma and instead of correctly recording the reading as say 40 units he probably got the decimal wrong and said 400 units, it's happened to me before, just get in touch with them to fix it.

Posted on: 2009/6/6 2:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
Welcome to the club. I am not sure if you followed my PS&G thread last month. We went from almost 1000 KGH (April ) to 250 last month( May ).

Now everyone I have been ACTUAL since December when I moved here. . Every month. Went to Journal Square to their office and was given a piece of paper so I can double check on them WHAT. Look on the back of your bill. If the bars are not solid black ,meaning past months, then they were estimated. If it is solid black then the are actuals.

Do not waste your time on the phone. Go to the office. You will still have to pay your bill in full but you will get a credit at some point.

Good luck

Posted on: 2009/6/5 21:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
is it an estimated or actual reading. that could be the difference.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 20:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
been on hold for about 20 minutes now trying to talk to a customer service representative. that's retarded!

Posted on: 2009/6/5 20:22

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/27 16:58
Group:
Banned
This might apply if OP had a sentence at the end that said, "I tried calling to ask about it, but every time I try I'm put on hold for an hour."

It's the principle - people are so quick to come on the Internet and bitch about things without even taking the most basic first steps to resolve their issues like human beings are supposed to.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 20:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/2 23:19
Group:
Registered Users
otnemem...please do share on how one reaches al customer service PSE&G rep on the phone...along with translating Linear A, this stands as one of the world's great mysteries...

Posted on: 2009/6/5 19:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Check on the bill if it is an actual reading. Chances are the prior bills were estimates.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 19:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Right, that's pretty retarded (the fact that you would post about it rather than call and perhaps easily resolve a technical error).

Posted on: 2009/6/5 19:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
ummm...no, i just got the bill in the mail so i haven't had the chance to call them yet. i'm so shocked and outraged i had to post about it first!

Posted on: 2009/6/5 19:25

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Let me guess - you haven't actually called PSE+G yet to try to resolve it or figure out why the bill is so high.

Posted on: 2009/6/5 19:22

$300 gas bill for june!!??
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
so...i just got my june bill from pse&g. the electric portion is $32.91 and the gas portion is $306.21. for june. last month the gas portion of my bill was $28.18. i haven't turned my heat on in about two months. the only other things in my apartment that use gas are my hot water heater and stove and i haven't used them any more than i did last month. how is this even possible? this has to be a joke, right?

Posted on: 2009/6/5 19:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017