Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 55 56 57 (58) 59 60 »

Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/24 17:50
From Morgan Lighthouse
Group:
Registered Users
PATHSUX.com,
an independent survey of NJ PATH train service.

After 3 days, 600+ Responses

59% Rate PATH BELOW AVERAGE, POOR, or UNACCEPTABLE

51% Say PATH is GETTING WORSE, not better

85% Say rush hour trains are TOO CROWDED

86% Say stations are TOO HOT

75% Say PSA's are USELESS & repeat TOO OFTEN

79% Say 'PATH Thursdays' are a WASTE OF FUNDS

Fill out the survey. And pass this info on to friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers who use the PATH system.

Posted on: 2009/9/4 17:32

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Morgan Lighthouse
Group:
Registered Users
The survey is unbiased as far as I can see.

People can respond positively or negatively to each and every question.

If the responses are 80% negative, it is only PATHS fault.

New train lines have been added to the survey, so now have all four options for morning commute.

Posted on: 2009/9/4 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with FGD, whenever I'm annoyed with the PATH system, 9 times out of 10 it's because of a fellow passenger.

the 10th time it's about the hideous lack of communication when something does go wrong with the system, leaving passengers sitting on unmoving trains for ages with no idea why.

the public address system airs Debbie Duhane nonstop with no hiccups, why can't it ever air a decent travel advisory?

Posted on: 2009/9/3 21:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
I must say I do not have a problem with the Path. In the morning one train comes in after another. It is the MTA on the Lexington line that drives me nuts. I know the MTA system is far bigger but they should study the Path. With regards to the crowded train, I do believe I had gotten a seat 3 times in the month of August. I have no problem standing. Also I have only ridden 4 times on the new trains. How many do we have? It seems to me that the World Trade Center direction is using them. I guess it is for a PR purpose. Again I say guess. It looks like all the money poured into the new WTC station they must show off the new trains.

Posted on: 2009/9/3 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
I gotta say, I agree with FakeGreenDress... I think the PATH is awesome. Seriously. Here is a train that gets you from NJ into NYC for less than a buck and a half, and in very little time, and it runs on a schedule, and it is remarkably reliable given its age.

I do the bike/PATH commute (bike to Grove, hop on the PATH, get off at 14th St, then bike the rest of the way) and I follow the same schedule EVERY morning and never run into issues. I take the PATH train that arrives at Grove at 9:32 AM (sometimes it is ONE minute late) and it gets me to 14th St 15 minutes later, normally without delays, or issues.

My biggest gripe/complaint has got to be the over-crowding, which has gotten worse over the past two years, as well as the stench of BO during the Summer months. In fact, some days the stench is bad enough to warrant breathing through my mouth, instead of my nose, and turning myself away from the offending party...

Second biggest complaint has got to be the ignorance/apathy of conductors and other staff. On plenty of ocassions, I have had to explain to them the rules and regulations of bikes aboard trains (bikes are allowed at all times, other than weekdays from 6:30 to 9:30 AM, and 3:30 to 6:30 PM, and they are allowed in all cars, other than the first one). I now carry that particular regulation clipped out from their schedule so I can present it to them, when necessary. I have had conductors try and tell me that bikes are not allowed in the first two cars, or not allowed until 7:00 PM, or 10:00 AM. How can the conductors NOT know some of their own basic rules?

Anyway, I never understand why people hate the PATH so much. I think it is so much better than riding NJ Transit buses, or even some of the NYC subway lines.

Posted on: 2009/9/3 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/18 3:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:
I have a reverse commute from Exchange Place to Journal Square and your survey does not cover that. Many of my coworkers commute from New York to Journal Square.

I glanced at the survey, decided there was no way it could be unbiased with a name like \"pathsux\", and didn\'t get past that question because I can take either the 33rd or WTC train.

On the whole I rather like the PATH. The unlimited cards are cheap, it runs 24 hours, and the new trains are quiet and shiny. Sure, there could be more night/weekend service, and the PA announcements are spectacularly irritating, but I really don\'t mind it for the most part. The worst commutes for me are the ones where the other passengers are the problem, not the train.

Posted on: 2009/9/3 17:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

LifeOfRiley wrote:
Why would anyone be surprised with such results? The survey design is flawed and self selecting while hosted with a moniker of "PATHSUX".

If the survey were more objective, the results may very well be the same, if not similar. It would also make a much more credible argument when presented to the folks at PATH and better use of everyone's time involved.

Agreed. Not sure what the point of the survey is, since it's got no real validity beyond it's clever little name. A proper unbiased poll could potential yield some action, or at least some local press. Although the Jersey Journal will cover anything, so who knows...

Posted on: 2009/9/3 16:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I have a reverse commute from Exchange Place to Journal Square and your survey does not cover that. Many of my coworkers commute from New York to Journal Square.

Posted on: 2009/9/3 15:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/30 3:40
Group:
Banned
Why would anyone be surprised with such results? The survey design is flawed and self selecting while hosted with a moniker of "PATHSUX".

If the survey were more objective, the results may very well be the same, if not similar. It would also make a much more credible argument when presented to the folks at PATH and better use of everyone's time involved.

Posted on: 2009/9/3 15:22

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Morgan Lighthouse
Group:
Registered Users
PATHSUX.com,

After 24hrs, 250+ Responses

59% Rate PATH BELOW AVERAGE, POOR, or UNACCEPTABLE

51% Say PATH is GETTING WORSE, not better

85% Say rush hour trains are TOO CROWDED

86% Say stations are TOO HOT

75% Say PSA's are USELESS & repeat TOO OFTEN

79% Say 'PATH Thursdays' are a WASTE OF $

Now over 500 Responses !

Fill out the survey. And pass this info on to friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers who use the PATH system.

Posted on: 2009/9/3 15:07

PATHSUX.com, an independent survey of NJ PATH train service
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Morgan Lighthouse
Group:
Registered Users
Have you gotten sick of how lousy the NJ PATH service has gotten over recent years?

Some commuters have banded together and created
PATHSUX,

If you are as pissed off with their poor service and crowded trains as we are, please fill it out. It is about 30 questions, and shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes to complete.

And please pass on this info on to friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers who use the PATH system.

Posted on: 2009/9/1 15:12

Re: Journal Square Escalators
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/3 22:10
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jrnotjunior wrote:
Once again this morning, one of the escalators at Journal Square was out of service. By my unscientific estimates, that would make this the ONE MILLIONTH time this has happened in the past four years.

I've never seen escalators needing so much service (and I've seen some heavily used and ancient escalators - Moscow, Paris, London, etc). So, does anybody have any idea why the JSQ escalators need so much work? Honestly, it's like 7 times a month.

Are all the escalators in the other PATH stations so pitiful?

Would you say that your weight is more comparable to a duffel bag, or a tugboat?

Posted on: 2009/8/7 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
there aren't that many steps in JSQ. Compare to Exchange place, WTC, Staten Island Ferry Depots and subways in NYC, you should consider yourself lucky.

besides if you don't like walking up the stairs use the elevator. if you're rushing don't use the elevator, if nothing satisfies you, then good luck Charlie!

Posted on: 2009/8/6 22:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/7 14:54
Group:
Registered Users
They use enough juice to move a million pound train at 30 MPH but they turn off the escalator to save energy? Love it.

Posted on: 2009/8/6 17:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/12 16:03
Group:
Registered Users
They're down a lot of times on the weekends and non-rush hour times to conserve energy.

But considering how its not that many stairs to trek in JSQ (imagine no escalators at xch pl or wtc) and how many stations don't even have them, it doesn't matter so much.

Posted on: 2009/8/6 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
lol i dont normally go to jsq that much, but i agree it seems like every time i go, the escalators i need are out of order. it's not that far of a walk down or up, but it's definitely an annoyance

Posted on: 2009/8/6 15:41

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/16 19:25
Group:
Registered Users
Yes they are

Posted on: 2009/8/6 15:37

Journal Square Escalators

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/7 13:01
Group:
Registered Users
Once again this morning, one of the escalators at Journal Square was out of service. By my unscientific estimates, that would make this the ONE MILLIONTH time this has happened in the past four years.

I've never seen escalators needing so much service (and I've seen some heavily used and ancient escalators - Moscow, Paris, London, etc). So, does anybody have any idea why the JSQ escalators need so much work? Honestly, it's like 7 times a month.

Are all the escalators in the other PATH stations so pitiful?

Posted on: 2009/8/6 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

saabconv wrote:
Clearly you haven't taken a Hoboken train "in years" because if you did at rush hour - you would get some fat pig grinding into you. Its just as gross as the JSQ/Newark train. Trust me, I get off at Exchange Place so I have my choice of train and they're equally disgusting....

Thanks, but I'm referring to the 33rd Street lines, not the WTC lines. Those who take these trains daily know what I'm talking about.

Posted on: 2009/6/19 19:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 19:03
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I get you Tommy, I get ON at Journal Square and I would say 70-80% of the time I have to stand all the way to 33rd Street.

I also take the Hoboken train a few times a month and at 5:45 or 6pm, it's pretty crowded at 33rd street but not at all like the JSQ train.

There just aren't enough trains and that probably isn't going to change anytime soon.

Posted on: 2009/6/19 19:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/5 14:28
Group:
Banned
Clearly you haven't taken a Hoboken train "in years" because if you did at rush hour - you would get some fat pig grinding into you. Its just as gross as the JSQ/Newark train. Trust me, I get off at Exchange Place so I have my choice of train and they're equally disgusting....

Posted on: 2009/6/19 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LynnePatrice wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
OK, what's the deal with the trains from Manhattan to Hoboken being empty in the early evenings, and the Journal Square trains are always packed???

I board at 23rd street, usually between 6 and 7 pm on weekdays. Hoboken train comes by...almost empty in the first couple of cars! JSQ train comes by...packed to the gills!

What gives? If Port Authority wants to save some money, they should limit the frequency of trains to Hoboken. Or (even better, but will never happen)...INCREASE the number of JSQ trains. The differential in ridership between the JSQ train and Hoboken train is remarkable.

What's happening...is it just that JC has boomed over the last couple of years?

Tommy, do a comparison of the population of both places. Now does it make sense to you? They already run more trains to JC. There's just a lot more people there.

Right, then they should run even more JSQ trains then. It's not right that the Hoboken twits can spread out onto 4 seats, while we are crammed in going to JSQ. It just doesn't make any sense...isn't Port Authority aware of this discrepancy in ridership? They should either decrease the Hoboken trains or increase the JSQ trains...it's not that difficult to see that something needs to be done. If I was going to Hoboken, I would get a seat every - single - day. Instead, I haven't gotten a seat on the ride home in YEARS.

Posted on: 2009/6/19 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jctots wrote:
Gotta agree with auilix on this thread. I have been very happy with the PATH overall. I've been commuting from Grove St. to 14th for almost 3 years. The PATH has only made me late for work once, and that was the day the NYC subways were flooded and not running at all. I very rarely am not able to board a train in the morning (although I can see how I might be more frustrated going to WTC). My commute is cheaper and shorter than my coworkers in Brooklyn, Queens, and UWS/UES. I use nynj.net to time the path on the weekends so I am not waiting for 20 mins. Has anyone relied on the MTA during the weekend? I recall waiting up to an hour multiple times for the subway when I lived uptown. Its terrible and construction is always diverting certain lines. The PATH certainly has its frustrations and communication issues, but I think they are comparable to any other mass transit system in the country.

+1.

While I can complain endlessly about the annoying backpack wearers and the people who decide to bring their smelly breakfast on the train, I have come to accept public transportation as a system fraught with potential for problems, and all things considered, we have it pretty good.

Posted on: 2009/6/19 19:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 19:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
OK, what's the deal with the trains from Manhattan to Hoboken being empty in the early evenings, and the Journal Square trains are always packed???

I board at 23rd street, usually between 6 and 7 pm on weekdays. Hoboken train comes by...almost empty in the first couple of cars! JSQ train comes by...packed to the gills!

What gives? If Port Authority wants to save some money, they should limit the frequency of trains to Hoboken. Or (even better, but will never happen)...INCREASE the number of JSQ trains. The differential in ridership between the JSQ train and Hoboken train is remarkable.

Tommy, do a comparison of the population of both places. Now does it make sense to you? They already run more trains to JC. There's just a lot more people there.

Posted on: 2009/6/19 18:05

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/19 17:51
Group:
Registered Users
Gotta agree with auilix on this thread. I have been very happy with the PATH overall. I've been commuting from Grove St. to 14th for almost 3 years. The PATH has only made me late for work once, and that was the day the NYC subways were flooded and not running at all. I very rarely am not able to board a train in the morning (although I can see how I might be more frustrated going to WTC). My commute is cheaper and shorter than my coworkers in Brooklyn, Queens, and UWS/UES. I use nynj.net to time the path on the weekends so I am not waiting for 20 mins. Has anyone relied on the MTA during the weekend? I recall waiting up to an hour multiple times for the subway when I lived uptown. Its terrible and construction is always diverting certain lines. The PATH certainly has its frustrations and communication issues, but I think they are comparable to any other mass transit system in the country.

Posted on: 2009/6/19 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

How about running the weekday trains at that hour like the weekend schedule by combining both the JSQ & Hoboken to 33rd. routes.

Posted on: 2009/6/19 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/6/19 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
Someone above mentioned the new path train cars. I first saw one almost a year ago on the unused track at W.T.C. with a bunch of technicians aboard with diagnostic machinery on carts with laptops and stuff. Very high tech. Then, I rode in one a couple of months ago and I said to myself ? hey, the new cars are online, took them long enough? just that one ride, not ever again since, they have pulled a vanishing act.
What do you want to bet that there is some huge unforeseen flaw with the cars and it will cost 1/3 of what has already been spent on them to get them to work? I ask since it looks like they are hung up on something and if they aren?t then why aren?t they in use now?

Posted on: 2009/5/17 1:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/1 23:25
From JSQ
Group:
Banned
i really cant wait for the new fleet of trains ive been a regular path rider for over 4 years now.no complaints i love the path.

heres some pics i stumbled upon for the new trains
http://www.drawandquarter.com/new-pat ... -and-fast-also-dangerous/

Posted on: 2009/5/16 22:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/9 18:01
Group:
Registered Users
That was at the WTC, by the way

I know, next time get down there a few minutes early. This isn't Europe where trains actually leave on schedule.

Posted on: 2009/5/16 16:16

« 1 ... 55 56 57 (58) 59 60 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017