Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
67 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 67

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: MOTORCYCLE RIDER

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/16 16:53
Group:
Registered Users
He lives on Jersey just near 7th close to my house. For months he has been going out on his bike several times a night at varying hours, almost always after 11 PM. The bike has no muffler and is very loud. He parks it in the front yard and when he takes it out he rides down the block on the sidewalk right under the neighbor's windows revving his engine until he reaches 6th street from where he takes off in a trail of noise. This usually starts our and everyone elses' dogs going and would be comical if not so annoying.

Almost everyone nearby has spoken to him at one point or another, and he just ignores it. He used to park the bike on the sidewalk but several months ago someone slashed his tires. Otherwise, he pretty much keeps to himself and doesn't bother anyone. I'm a heavy sleeper and tolerate the noise, but a lot of neighbors are really upset.

Posted on: 2009/5/12 16:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/13 20:39
From hamilton park
Group:
Banned
i know there is a harley owner who lives on 7th between jersey and coles. i am fairly certain he has woken me up late at night and early in the morning numerous time when he "opens it up" coming down 7th...

Posted on: 2009/5/12 11:14

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/26 17:52
From the best stuff on earth
Group:
Registered Users
noisy bikers + third story window + water balloons =

Posted on: 2009/5/11 17:21
My signature will be a funny quote and/or observation.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
A few nights ago, you could hear them cruising all around the neighborhood, seemingly with no other purpose then to make some "Check-out-how-cool-we-are" noise.

I think of it more as a "check out how small my penis is" noise.

Posted on: 2009/5/11 14:37

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/1 22:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

icechute wrote:
When they are done at Lucky 7, they tear up Coles/Varick leaving a trail of car alarms......

A few nights ago, you could hear them cruising all around the neighborhood, seemingly with no other purpose then to make some "Check-out-how-cool-we-are" noise.

A lot of bike riders are selfish morons.

Can there be something done about this? Yes. I'll bet they are running those bikes with illegal pipes(i.e. - mufflers) that are not compliant with noise limits.

Will JCPD do anything about it? Probably not, as many cops are fans of Harleys. If you push the issue, the law is on your side.

Perhaps when they park their bikes outside of lucky 7's next time you should call the cops and ask them to send a car over to check the bikes. You might even get some of the owners of DUI.

Posted on: 2009/5/11 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
When they are done at Lucky 7, they tear up Coles/Varick leaving a trail of car alarms......

Posted on: 2009/5/11 12:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/30 19:58
From Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
Actually Mayor Healy has hired the Hells Angels to guard the streets of Jersey City. Please be thankful, as Hamilton Park will be much safer now. It's a part of his "change" campaign. He and Obama are going to change the world.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 21:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
[/quote]
7 bikers? That's a pretty small biker gang. Next time they show up, go downstairs and kick some ass, we got your back. Let us know how it works out.[/quote]

Perhaps I can go tip all their bikes while they're inside the bar getting shitfaced like peewee did. The more mature thing to do would be to ask their address so I can shoot some fireworks in front of their door on a monday night.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Seven bikes pulled up in front of lucky 7's at midnight on Friday night simultaneously...loud as f*ck. This happens weekly now. Is there anything that can be done about this? I doubt it.

7 bikers? That's a pretty small biker gang. Next time they show up, go downstairs and kick some ass, we got your back. Let us know how it works out.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 18:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Seven bikes pulled up in front of lucky 7's at midnight on Friday night simultaneously...loud as f*ck. This happens weekly now. Is there anything that can be done about this? I doubt it.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 17:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
Ground floor tenant of 645 Jersey Avenue (two doors in from the corner of 7th Street) --- an incredibly ignorant and inconsiderate a**hole.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 13:53

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/28 3:31
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, positive. I went to the window and looked. Some guy driving a big hog revving the engine that late at night.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 0:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

clancey wrote:
Does anyone else get woken up by the motocycle tearing through the Hamilton Park neighborhood at 12am-2am every other night? It's extra loud and annoying!

Are you sure it was a motorcycle? I heard something last night that sounded much more like a souped up drag racer racing by my street. It was the first time I had heard it, though.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 0:11

MOTORCYCLE RIDER
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/28 3:31
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone else get woken up by the motocycle tearing through the Hamilton Park neighborhood at 12am-2am every other night? It's extra loud and annoying!

Posted on: 2009/5/9 22:46

Re: motorcycle dudes unite
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Jeebus wrote:
My first reaction to "wuzherfirst" was "Away foul troll!" In case this person actually rides and believes what they are saying:

1) People only care about what assholes like you are doing because you are disturbing them with noise.
2) Obviously, that one is on a public street doesn't give one carte blanche on how to behave. In fact you have much less rights in public than you would, for instance, on your private race track.
3) Anyone who thinks that "a Honda, it can't be that loud" has never: heard a four cylinder with straight pipes at full rip, been to a motorcycle race, or know that much about bikes.
4) A friend of mine had a loud pipe on his bike and had the sense to troll along at low revs when he was in town, especially late at night/early in the morning.
5) While people like you believe that you are champions of freedom, you only destroy freedom with your irresponsible behavior. This is what really bugs me as a rider - the political response to douchebags who disturb the peace come down on everyone who rides and not just themselves.

The person who [according to pooper] wrote on the sidewalk in front of his house in multi-colored chalks, "YOUR BIKE IS REALLY LAME" is a frickin' genius.

Quote:

eggzbenedict wrote:
Quote:

wuzherefirst wrote:
That's right, wuzherefirst is another bike owner and I don't give a f***k about what anybody thinks or what they have to say, especially people that have nothing better to do then to worry about what other people are doing outside on "PUBLIC" streets...
CORRELATION??? who gives a sh__ about correlation, it's clear to see that you, just like the others are more concerned about other people's business and not your own. If it is in fact a Honda, it can't be that loud(u probably can't tell the difference anyway, none rider), which means that if anybody turns on any type of vehicle the nosey people in that area have to know what is going on, how sorry is that...
And to you mr. correlation, I will drive up and down any street I please at whatever time I want, as many times as I want, and I want to see somebody try and do something about it... You should be so lucky you don't have me for a neighbor, you would pack up and go back where you came from in a hurry!!!(read my username WUZ HERE FIRST). IF YOU DON'T WANNA HEAR LOUD PIPES, LEAVE THE CITY AND GO BACK TO YOUR "BURBS..."

First off- It's "Mr. Benedict" to you, spelling champ!

Secondly, yes, based on the fact that you have multiple posts on one thread, you obviously DO care what people think.

And third- While my bike may be a 1942 Elgin cruiser, I do have multiple friends who do ride motorcycles as well, and they are all relatively considerate when doing so. They get on their bike, and they go ride. They don't do laps around the block with their pipes screaming "look at me, look at me!! I have a motorcycle!!"

And lastly, I have been running around these streets since the mid 80's. While not born and bread like you apparently, don't take me some yuppie from Paulus Hook. (no offence to the yuppies in Paulus Hook. I'm sure you are all charming people)

+1000 Jeebus

Posted on: 2008/2/28 2:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
My first reaction to "wuzherfirst" was "Away foul troll!" In case this person actually rides and believes what they are saying:

1) People only care about what assholes like you are doing because you are disturbing them with noise.
2) Obviously, that one is on a public street doesn't give one carte blanche on how to behave. In fact you have much less rights in public than you would, for instance, on your private race track.
3) Anyone who thinks that "a Honda, it can't be that loud" has never: heard a four cylinder with straight pipes at full rip, been to a motorcycle race, or know that much about bikes.
4) A friend of mine had a loud pipe on his bike and had the sense to troll along at low revs when he was in town, especially late at night/early in the morning.
5) While people like you believe that you are champions of freedom, you only destroy freedom with your irresponsible behavior. This is what really bugs me as a rider - the political response to douchebags who disturb the peace come down on everyone who rides and not just themselves.

The person who [according to pooper] wrote on the sidewalk in front of his house in multi-colored chalks, "YOUR BIKE IS REALLY LAME" is a frickin' genius.

Quote:

eggzbenedict wrote:
Quote:

wuzherefirst wrote:
That's right, wuzherefirst is another bike owner and I don't give a f***k about what anybody thinks or what they have to say, especially people that have nothing better to do then to worry about what other people are doing outside on "PUBLIC" streets...
CORRELATION??? who gives a sh__ about correlation, it's clear to see that you, just like the others are more concerned about other people's business and not your own. If it is in fact a Honda, it can't be that loud(u probably can't tell the difference anyway, none rider), which means that if anybody turns on any type of vehicle the nosey people in that area have to know what is going on, how sorry is that...
And to you mr. correlation, I will drive up and down any street I please at whatever time I want, as many times as I want, and I want to see somebody try and do something about it... You should be so lucky you don't have me for a neighbor, you would pack up and go back where you came from in a hurry!!!(read my username WUZ HERE FIRST). IF YOU DON'T WANNA HEAR LOUD PIPES, LEAVE THE CITY AND GO BACK TO YOUR "BURBS..."

Secondly, yes, based on the fact that you have multiple posts on one thread, you obviously DO care what people think.

And third- While my bike may be a 1942 Elgin cruiser, I do have multiple friends who do ride motorcycles as well, and they are all relatively considerate when doing so. They get on their bike, and they go ride. They don't do laps around the block with their pipes screaming "look at me, look at me!! I have a motorcycle!!"

And lastly, I have been running around these streets since the mid 80's. While not born and bread like you apparently, don't take me some yuppie from Paulus Hook. (no offence to the yuppies in Paulus Hook. I'm sure you are all charming people)

Posted on: 2008/2/28 1:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/18 20:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wuzherefirst wrote:
DO U KISS UR MOTHER WITH THAT NASTY MOUTH, U F**KIN PIG!!!

Good grief. This thread is heading South and FAST!

Posted on: 2008/2/24 15:36
We are what we pretend to be. So we must be careful what we pretend to be - Vonnegut

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wuzherefirst wrote:

Posted on: 2008/2/23 21:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/24 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
DO U KISS UR MOTHER WITH THAT NASTY MOUTH, U F**KIN PIG!!! DON'T GET CAUGHT CROSSING THE STREET, U MIGHT BE THE NEXT ROAD KILL UNDER A RIDER'S TIRE...NOW THAT WOULD REALLY BE WORTH FALLING OVER, AND THE CITIZENS OF JERSEY CITY WOULD HAVE ONE LESS NOSEY ASS TO WORRY ABOUT!!! LMAO...

Posted on: 2008/2/23 20:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
That's right, wuzherefirst is another bike owner and I don't give a f***k about what anybody thinks or what they have to say

Here's a splendid idea ---- why don't you round up with the asswipe at 7th and Jersey (assuming you're not him pretending to be someone else) ---- and even bring along some of your other loud-pipe riders, and you can all go out for a nice cruise tonight?

It's supposed to be really iced over and dangerous on the roads again. Maybe you can all wail those pipes really loud and drive really, really fast (maybe even push a few yellow-to-red lights going through some intersections too).

With any luck, fate will deal a delightful hand to those of us who know that you are actually violating noise ordinances ------ your "not giving a f**k" notwithstanding.

Don't be an asshole all your life.

Posted on: 2008/2/23 20:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
jediweapon foolishly forgets that he lives in one the largest cities in the state and he thinks the police are going to stop worrying about the break-in's, car thefts, robbery's, etc., just to worry about a loud motorcycle.... How ignorant!

Posted on: 2008/2/23 19:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/2/23 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 16:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
One day somebody wrote on his the sidewalk in front of his house in multi-colored chalks, "YOUR BIKE IS REALLY LAME". Now, that's pretty funny.

Posted on: 2008/2/23 18:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wuzherefirst wrote:
I can't believe how some people have nothing better to do then to pay attention to an individual who's riding his bike, and even go as far as timing him and watching his every move. How pathetic is that. Maybe if you did something with yourself, you wouldn't have the time to be paying attention to this poor person's life and his whereabouts. Im sure if he wanted to be watched, he would get married... GET A LIFE!!!

Motorcycle Dude, get back to me and maybe I could meet you on the corner of "7th and Jersey" with my chopper that has the pipes gutted out and sounds "EXTREMELY LOUD" and we could head out about 4am or maybe we could hang out for the day and follow your daily schedule.(if you forget your schedule, just ask your nosey neighbors!!!).

What's pathetic is that you can't see the correlation between his actions and his neighbor's reaction. No one wants to watch this guy. I've seen Hondas with crumby paintjobs before. I'm sure no one is interested in his. Is someone being nosey because they have a neighbor who is really quite inconsiderate? People can't help but notice him.

Ya know what, go meet up with your gutted pipes and his Honda (it is clearly NOT a Harley), and rev down the block at 4am. That's fine. Just don't come back in 10 minutes and then leave again in 15, them come back again in 10, then leave again and so on and so forth.

Posted on: 2008/2/23 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
wuzherefirst sounds like another bike owner who doesn't give a f**k about anyone but himself.

Posted on: 2008/2/23 16:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I can't believe how some people have nothing better to do then to pay attention to an individual who's riding his bike, and even go as far as timing him and watching his every move. How pathetic is that. Maybe if you did something with yourself, you wouldn't have the time to be paying attention to this poor person's life and his whereabouts. Im sure if he wanted to be watched, he would get married... GET A LIFE!!!

Motorcycle Dude, get back to me and maybe I could meet you on the corner of "7th and Jersey" with my chopper that has the pipes gutted out and sounds "EXTREMELY LOUD" and we could head out about 4am or maybe we could hang out for the day and follow your daily schedule.(if you forget your schedule, just ask your nosey neighbors!!!).

Posted on: 2008/2/23 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
I've seen him too and it is totally quiet. I have to admit that I don't get Segways though; any distance that I'd want to ride one is short enough that I would just walk.

I see them as like a lot of good private transportation alternatives (e.g. bicycles, motorcycles, micro-cars) in that as long as one has to share the road with car/truck drivers, given their current mindset, the alternative vehicles are unsafe enough that the general population is not going to adopt them.

Quote:

Annod wrote:
Yesterday, I saw a guy going home in a Segway to the Sugarhouse. That thing is quiet.

Posted on: 2008/2/23 1:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/18 20:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:
Yesterday, I saw a guy going home in a Segway to the Sugarhouse. That thing is quiet.

Those things are neat. So is the Sugarhouse.

Posted on: 2008/2/21 3:35
We are what we pretend to be. So we must be careful what we pretend to be - Vonnegut

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/2/21 3:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, there's some dude on mercer that just rides in circles every night around midnight. Unlike everyone else in JC, he actually stops at stop signs, but then feels the need to near redline his bike for like 2 minutes, and then burn down the street over and over again.

I love motorcycles, but this is just annoying/borderline pathetic.
Loud pipes may save lives, but they are also really annoying.

Posted on: 2008/2/21 2:59

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017