Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

Re: Guy Catrillo is a Repulican and a screw up
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
This is an unnecessary mudslinging thread.

Guy has been a community organizer for over 30 years! He has had so many successes and he inspires people to come together in this diverse community. The fact that he is a Republican should not be a negative thing

The 9/11 Memorial Ceremony which I attended was beautiful. The bird story happened in a blink of the eye that took the attention away from the sadness and depression we were all feeling on that 1 year anniversary. The media clinged on to the "bird" story to lighten up the tearful tragedy that we were remembering. I did not even know Guy was the person in charge. And I was right next to the pier that the birds landed on.

Though I support Steven Fulop as Councilman, I will not sling mud at Guy Catrillo to make Steven look better. They are both worthy opponents and bring different skill sets to the table. They are both very valuable to the community.

THE END!

Posted on: 2009/5/2 3:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Slacky wrote:
I'm not a Republican and, as a non-citizen, I'm not even eligible to vote, but Guy Catrillo is my neighbor and he's alright by me.

+1 (except I am a citizen and he was my neighbor)

Take it from where it comes from, they flip on a dime..look at what some of these people said about Dan levin prior to March 6th when Fulop announced he wasn't running.

Sorry to use a post about you as an example Dan (click here)

The OP of this thread has 4 posts with his I'm new here bit.
A big JCList welcome to the newest person to come on here with an "agenda". Political hackery once again,

As far as Guy Catrillo goes..I was his friend before he decided to run and will be his friend after May 12th. Guy Catrillo like Dan Levin are our neighbors and friends and not someone who we met via politics. Just something to think about before publicly dissing your friend or neighbor on the internet. Even "if it pains you" when you posted it.

Posted on: 2009/5/2 3:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
I like Guy but it cannot be denied that he would be another vote for Healy.
Say what you want about Steve Fulop,if he was not on the council we would not even know about half the stuff going on every two weeks at the council meetings.
This city runs on Apathy.Better that he is there shining a light than we all curse the darkness.

If City Hall Hates him than i like him.

Vote Fulop/Levin

Posted on: 2009/5/2 2:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/2 6:41
Group:
Banned
I'm not a Republican and, as a non-citizen, I'm not even eligible to vote, but Guy Catrillo is my neighbor and he's alright by me.

Posted on: 2009/5/2 2:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/5 13:14
Group:
Registered Users
I think the personel attacks on Guy Catrillo are counterproductive to re-electing Fulops . I have had several dealings with Guy and found him an affable and helpful civil servant. I would never vote for him for various reasons..the main one being that Steven Fulop is a great councilman and a far superior candidate. Lets focus on Fulops body of work so be don't sound like elitist snobs.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 19:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Catrillo's real name is Kirk Storm.

http://www.jc1tv.com/featfilmacmov.html#part2

Posted on: 2009/5/1 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
I don't care if Guy is a republican nor if he does not know the difference between a dove and a pigion.That is a funny story though.I do care that if all of Healy's ticket is elected than 8 out of 9 councilmen will have County or city jobs.

Vote Fulop and Levin

Posted on: 2009/5/1 18:30

Guy Catrillo is a Repulican and a screw up

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/1 16:29
Group:
Registered Users
I read this story on politics NJ.com not only is Guy Catrillo a Republican, but he also does not know the diffrence between a Dove and a pigeon.

Guy Catrillo's 'squabgate'By Wally Edge
Guy Catrillo, a Jersey City Republican who has found his way onto Mayor Jerramiah Healy's 2009 ticket, is probably hoping he turns out to be a better candidate than he was as an advance man. Catrillo was the organizer of Jersey City's 9/11 Memorial Committee back in 2002, when he planned a ceremony on the first anniversary of the terrorist attacks. The New York Times' Richard Lenzin Jones explained it best:

It was meant to be a dignified tribute on Sept. 11: a flock of doves soaring majestically past Lower Manhattan's altered skyline. There was only one problem. Those weren't doves. They were pigeons. And many of them couldn't fly.

During the memorial service here last week, many of the birds plunged into the Hudson River, smacked into plate-glass windows on office buildings and careered into the crowd. One perched atop the hard hat of a construction worker whose company had helped clear ground zero.

The problem was that instead of finding trained doves or homing pigeons, Catrillo went to a Newark poultry market "and bought 80 squabs, not knowing that the weak-winged birds would have trouble flying."

Catrillo, doing some damage control, had his own spin.

''Without a doubt it beats what could have happened to them,'' he told the New York Times. 'They were squab; they were soup birds. I like the idea that I helped these squab get another chance.''

A former Deputy Hudson County Superintendent of Elections, Catrillo sought the Republican nomination for State Senator in 2001, losing the District 31 primary to Martin McFadden by a 79%-21% margin. He now works for Healy in the city planning department.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 16:41

Register To PostTopic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017