Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: Low flying Jet spotted over Jersey City confirmed as Air Force One
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Since November 22, 1963 the Secret Service will not announce times or places, except in generalities, of anything having to do with the President and his various aircraft and motorcades. Local police are informed as they were in this case. No, the President was not there but his plane was and thus the security measures. Was it a bad move to allow the flyovers? Probably. My first thought as it swooped over Hamilton Park was that it was headed to Newark and an emergency landing. (couldn't see any markings from my vantage point). No Bush would not have allowed this simply because he is so inextricably linked to the events on 9-11-01.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 14:17

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/5 19:45
Group:
Banned
Cover photo of the NY Times today is the plane flying over 77 Hudson. Not exactly an image to boost sales there, but at least they captioned the image and spelled Jersey City correctly.

Oh, and the Bush brainwashing in here is a riot. Keep it comin', stepanstas.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 13:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
pantsy, you made your point: no mistakes were ever made under the Bush administration.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 4:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
r_pinkowitz:

I'm sure he doesn't look out, but I'm positive he was advised on it. Given, he might not have known how low they were flying, but I'm sure he knew it was happening.

I think he cares very much about were the plane is. "especially since they give you the jacket with the logo"

muffintops:

I heard one anchor ask how much this stunt cost the government. I believe it will be asked at tomorrow's press conference. Don't expect a real answer from the press sec.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

muffintops wrote:
Director Louis Caldera needs to be informed about the wonders of Photoshop if the FAA needed a pretty picture for some brochures, power point presentations, and websites.

More cost effective and less traumatic.

+1

Posted on: 2009/4/28 3:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
jennymayla:

My mistake for misunderstanding.

I do not have any facts but I do find it fishy that the government didn't want residents to know about a simple "photo-op".

I thought I answered question 2. Did it happen under Bush? And it never would have either. Don't know how much more detail can be given here.

I think reveiling the memo's was a mistake but that's another topic.

Jeebus:

I agree in a way. But also, I don't think that local officials should have listened. I think citizens should have been aware. What is the point of police knowing? I think this is a time when judgement has to come into play. What did they think people in buildings were gonna do? Clap for Air Force One as it flys at eye level? Either way, I think some punishment should be given. I wonder if NYC Mayor will do anything.

wibbit:

Really no point in posting that comment.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 3:38

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/21 2:29
Group:
Registered Users
Director Louis Caldera needs to be informed about the wonders of Photoshop if the FAA needed a pretty picture for some brochures, power point presentations, and websites.

More cost effective and less traumatic.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 3:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stepanstas wrote:
jennymayla:

This could not and has not happened to "Bush folks". I don't buy for a min that Obama did not know about this. In a way, it's his plane, if someone took your car, don't you want to know what they are doing with it?

As far a "truth", the truth his Obama wants to show off possible mistakes of other people and administrations but wont recognize his own. Apparently, the government officials in NY (state level) were told and so were local police (which might be why someone here mentioned that a police officer knew right away). But the police was told not to say a word to the public about this until after it happens. Genius. Whatever happened to transparent government?

"but how does this reflect so poorly on the current administration in a way that could not have just as easily happened with the Bush folks?" Quit trying to make this seem like an event that our government knew nothing about. It could not have just as easily happened. It's not like the President and the rest of the White House are on different teams. If this was a non-government operation, then it could have just as easily happened, but this was all government run.

I_heart_JC:

well, let me ask you this. Has it happened under President Bush?

I seriously doubt the President of the United States looks out his window and wonders where the two planes are, who has the keys and what time they will be back.

It was a stupid judgment call on someones part that sent people in two states into a panic.

Additional Info on todays events

Posted on: 2009/4/28 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

stepanstas wrote:

I think the Obama admin is really stupid for this. I guarantee this would never have happened under President Bush.

You are right, under the bush administration this never happened. Instead the planes actually hit the buildings...

Now go play in traffic.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 3:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
So all we will get after this is a lame apology. At the least the person who told the local officials to not pass on the information about this ridiculous stunt should be fired. If a private company had done the same thing they would be prosecuted under the NJ "terrorist threat" law. Yet people accept things from people in the government (with nothing except someone claiming to accept "full responsibility"; but, as always, paying no price for what they did) that would result in criminal prosecution if the very same thing had been done by non-government people. Sad.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 3:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

stepanstas wrote:
jennymayla:

... Quit trying to make this seem like an event that our government knew nothing about. It could not have just as easily happened. It's not like the President and the rest of the White House are on different teams. If this was a non-government operation, then it could have just as easily happened, but this was all government run.

I didn't say it was an event that the government knew nothing about. I asked you how you are so sure it is some sort of cover up and what "the truth" you speak of actually is. Don't assume you know what my intent is in asking. I am genuinely curious because I think what happened today is completely crazy and you seemed to have a pretty strong point of view about it, which I was hoping was based on some facts I had yet to read elsewhere.

I also asked how you are so certain that nothing like this could ever have happened under the previous administration (like, say, until-recently otherwise secret torture policies, for example).

Unfortunately, you couldn't accurately answer either of the questions, which is enough of an answer in and of itself.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 2:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
jennymayla:

This could not and has not happened to "Bush folks". I don't buy for a min that Obama did not know about this. In a way, it's his plane, if someone took your car, don't you want to know what they are doing with it?

As far a "truth", the truth his Obama wants to show off possible mistakes of other people and administrations but wont recognize his own. Apparently, the government officials in NY (state level) were told and so were local police (which might be why someone here mentioned that a police officer knew right away). But the police was told not to say a word to the public about this until after it happens. Genius. Whatever happened to transparent government?

"but how does this reflect so poorly on the current administration in a way that could not have just as easily happened with the Bush folks?" Quit trying to make this seem like an event that our government knew nothing about. It could not have just as easily happened. It's not like the President and the rest of the White House are on different teams. If this was a non-government operation, then it could have just as easily happened, but this was all government run.

I_heart_JC:

well, let me ask you this. Has it happened under President Bush?

Posted on: 2009/4/28 2:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
I too would love to know how you can "guarantee this would never have happened under President Bush."

please, enlighten us.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 1:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

stepanstas wrote:
Excuse me for being suspicious but I don't buy this for one min.

My office building knew nothing about this and everyone didn't know what was going on. Nobody in the building knew this was scheduled and people began to evacuate on their own just to be safe. (This is why you saw so many people on Grove St.)

I think the Obama admin is really stupid for this. I guarantee this would never have happened under President Bush. Even if some people were notified, the proper people were not and if the Port Authority does not know, that is REALLY, REALLY BAD. Just goes to show what the truth is.

And even if it was "scheduled" and was a "photo-op" what idiot came up with an idea like that? Show Air Force One and a military plane over JC right before it crashes and destroys the city and kills people? I don't care how good of a pilot you are, flying that close to buildings should never happen.

What is "the truth"? What are you basing this on? This was a huge mistake and a major misstep for sure, but how does this reflect so poorly on the current administration in a way that could not have just as easily happened with the Bush folks?

I want to understand this, so please explain -- and no political rhetoric or baloney from the peanut gallery please.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 1:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stepanstas wrote:
I think the Obama admin is really stupid for this. I guarantee this would never have happened under President Bush.

You're right. This has been another shining example of how the current administration just scoffs at our terrorism concerns.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I had no doubt that the plane was looking for me. It circled several times obviously trying to find me and crash into me. It was terrible. Me. Me. Me.......

Posted on: 2009/4/28 1:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Excuse me for being suspicious but I don't buy this for one min.

My office building knew nothing about this and everyone didn't know what was going on. Nobody in the building knew this was scheduled and people began to evacuate on their own just to be safe. (This is why you saw so many people on Grove St.)

I think the Obama admin is really stupid for this. I guarantee this would never have happened under President Bush. Even if some people were notified, the proper people were not and if the Port Authority does not know, that is REALLY, REALLY BAD. Just goes to show what the truth is.

And even if it was "scheduled" and was a "photo-op" what idiot came up with an idea like that? Show Air Force One and a military plane over JC right before it crashes and destroys the city and kills people? I don't care how good of a pilot you are, flying that close to buildings should never happen.

Posted on: 2009/4/27 23:34

Re: Why is there a new flight path today - low commercial planes towards EWR
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_insomniac wrote:
I know this is *so* seven hours ago, but I found this video of the folks who were evacuated from the office buildings at Exchange Place:

http://www.drawandquarter.com/low-fly ... t-easily-agitated-public/

This gets me so angry, seeing these folks running when the plane was coming in their direction...

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID move on our governments part to do this. How can they be so insensitive and so STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!

ps..thanks for posting the video, jc_i

Posted on: 2009/4/27 21:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
I know this is *so* seven hours ago, but I found this video of the folks who were evacuated from the office buildings at Exchange Place:

http://www.drawandquarter.com/low-fly ... t-easily-agitated-public/

Posted on: 2009/4/27 21:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
1010WINS radio:

LATEST: The head of the White House Military Office has apologized for the Air Force One flight over NYC which caused a brief panic among office workers near ground zero.

------------------------------------------

WCBSTV.com:

The head of the White House Military Office issued an apology just after 4:30 p.m.

"Last week, I approved a mission over New York. I take responsibility for that decision. While federal authorities took the proper steps to notify state and local authorities in New York and New Jersey, it's clear that the mission created confusion and disruption. I apologize and take responsibility for any distress that flight caused," Director Louis Caldera said in a statement.

http://wcbstv.com/breakingnewsalerts/ ... ry.jets.nyc.2.995375.html

Posted on: 2009/4/27 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
All US military aircraft fly within a vortex scanned and protected by NORAD. Whatever the mission no known aircraft can slip the "Invisible Thread" outside the 1,000 mile marker at the Outer Banks without an immediate response from the US. Unfortunately, as in the case of the young man who flew a single engine plane from Canada south into the midwest with an intent on suicide, it is difficult to gauge the threat at low altitudes and or speed hence the "shoot them down" policy is in effect. Lucky for this fellow he was able to land unharmed and walk to a 7/11 until he was picked up by the police.

Posted on: 2009/4/27 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/28 12:09
Group:
Registered Users
From the Air Force Press Office:

"In coordination with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the Presidential Airlift Group conducted an aerial photo mission in the New York City area on 27 Apr 2009. This mission, involving the VC-25 and an F-16, was conducted in conjunction with normally scheduled continuation training for assigned aircrew members. This mission was coordinated for the Upper New York Bay, south of the Holland Tunnel and in the Newark Bay north of the Staten Island Expressway between the hours of 1000L and 1030L."

Sounds like both a traning exercise and a photo shoot. Still really bad judment on the part of the Air Force, however.

Posted on: 2009/4/27 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/4/27 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
It made the national news, and I just heard Mayor Bloomberg criticized it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Statue of Liberty flyby startles New Yorkers

By Robert Gibbons and Ellen Freilich

NEW YORK (Reuters) ? An Air Force fighter jet and one of President Barack Obama's official planes on Monday flew low over the Statue of Liberty in an approved photo opportunity that startled some New Yorkers who have memories of the September 11 attacks.

New York City officials notified some businesses but not all city agencies or the general public. People in New York remain sensitive to such incidents in lower Manhattan, site of the 2001 attacks involving hijacked airliners that destroyed the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center.

Many people left their buildings, and stock prices extended losses at the time.

Read more here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090427/ts_nm/us_newyork_plane_8

-------------------------------------------------------------------
NBC:

At least two people were treated for minor injuries at Jersey City Medical Center after falling during the rush to exit their high-rises.

"It's completely asinine after 9/11 to do that," said Keith Mercantine, who witnessed the chaos in Jersey City. "I saw ambulances out here with pregnant women."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/ ... rty-Put-City-on-Edge.html

Posted on: 2009/4/27 18:43

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/3/8 12:16
Group:
Registered Users
i thought maybe the military had discovered that some mexican pigs, infected with the swine flu, had escaped from the cargo hold of the plane. That's more believable than the 'training exercise' or 'photo op'.

Posted on: 2009/4/27 18:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
Recent report:

Obama Attacks Statue of Liberty

New York was TERRORIZED this morning by, guess who, Barack Obama and his Air Force One. People are still a little jumpy after that whole 9/11 thing, so when a huge passenger jet seemed to be headed for Lower Manhattan, and then for the Statue of Liberty, there was some freaking out. Why is Obama doing this to New York City? Seems he wanted a ?cool picture? of his plane dive-bombing Lady Liberty!

Reuters reports from the terror scene:

An authorized photo opportunity involving U.S. President Barack Obama?s backup plane flying over the Statue of Liberty created a stir lower Manhattan on Monday, evoking memories of the September 11 attacks.

Obama was not on board.

Of course he wasn?t. He was in his cave, plotting new attacks.

Uhh, you guys ever hear of Photoshop?

Posted on: 2009/4/27 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
I thought it was a bomb. Then I figured there were no sirens so I thought it must have just been some really loud construction.

Posted on: 2009/4/27 17:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/27 17:14
Group:
Registered Users
I saw it first as I walked out to get Starbucks, I said "whoa, this doesn't look right." I heard the sound barrier break, and then made a few calls to see what was up. No word. Just as I walked out of Duane Reade, the plane flew insanely close to the financial building on the corner of Marin and C. C. At this point there were people crying and running for their lives! Soon after, people began evacuating and calling people on their cells. As we walked through the crowd, I heard at least 10 renditions of what was happening...you can imagine. We walked to Stubin St. to alert friends. By the time we walked back to Starbucks, it had pretty much cleared out and we had heard it was some photo op!?

Really not cool with todays fear factor. Something of this proportion should be publicized to at least put minds at ease and cork speculation.

On CNN, there was info on the Swine Flu; all I could think was "here we go, cover up". Sad that my mind went there.

I'm glad everything is okay and that we're all safe.

Posted on: 2009/4/27 17:40

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/15 17:45
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
In this post 9/11 world this is not acceptable. I work in lower Manhattan- and we are all trained! You see a low flying plane you get out and ask questions later.

Its terrifing to have experienced. I hope an investigation is conducted to find out who dropped the ball!!

Damn! PATH sends out alerts when they'll be making a loud noise, but the FAA couldn't notify the appropriate parties and they couldn't trickle it down.

Posted on: 2009/4/27 17:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/5 14:28
Group:
Banned
Commanderkeen - if the president wasn't aware of this situation, wouldn't you think he was an idiot? And if he was, he an idiot for OK-ing it. They scared the living sh*t out of people in NYC and JC. If that's not idiot, then I'd love to hear your version of it....

Posted on: 2009/4/27 17:36

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017