Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
163 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 163

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: ANTS!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/4 16:26
Group:
Registered Users
God, if you find anything that works for good, let me know! We have been plagued by ants too. I've tried organic sprays and the usual RAID. The organic stuff gets rid of them for a few weeks but they always come back. Basically, they feed on the organic stuff and take it back to the next where it kills the others. So it reduces their numbers for a while. This solution is okay but requires repeated trips from the exterminator. Forget about Terminix and Orkin -- both rip offs. We also spray our sink, garbage cans, recycling, inside the dish washer wiith white vinegar so the ants aren't attracted. Keeps the numbers down too. We store sugary snacks, honey in plastic bags. Mostly its just maintenance, nothing permanent.

Posted on: 2009/4/25 15:38

Re: ANTS!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
I had this problem in my third floor condo on 10th street. They leave as quickly as the come. I followed the ant line and they were coming in through a small opening in the floor near the window and found there way into my sugar. I was told they make there way in from a crack in the brick. I put crushed red pepper in that spot and along the wall where they travel. They were gone within a day. I have pets so I didn't use anything toxic.

Posted on: 2009/4/25 14:52

ANTS!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
Ants are invading our kitchen, and attacking the pantry.

I've chalked off the point(s) of entry, but these guys are resilient.

We had tiny ants for the last few summers. I'm guessing that a bigger, badder clan took over the old nest, because these guys are Amazonian.

Anybody else have ant infestation? Any suggestions? I told our landlord but he doesn't seem too interested. My mini-wheats are marching out the door as I type.

Help!

Posted on: 2009/4/25 14:44

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017