Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 »

PEOPLE NOT CURBING THEIR DOGS!!!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/27 21:54
Group:
Registered Users
It's such a ridiculous problem. I live on 5th b/w monmouth and brunswick and there is always DOG SHIT pretty much on every block up to the Grove Street Path.

It's completely careless, rude, disgusting and disrespectful to the community. I mean does it really kill anyone to just bend down and scoop it up. I want to do something about this because if people can't be responsible neighbors then they shouldn't live in a nice place, and it's the community's disregard of this matter that makes neighborhoods UGLY, turning them into ghetto's.

Seriously the property values are way too inflated in the neighborhood to walk outside and step on dog shit. I've seen individual owners take matters into their own hands, but as a whole the community isn't doing anything at all!

Action needs to be taken ASAP!

Posted on: 2010/1/21 23:06

Re: Please clean up your dog poop...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
I took this from an article I saw on the web, sorry I forgot where. It would be great if JC were to have this level of enforcement:

Yes, it sounds like a ridiculous idea, and you may have been among those who laughed, or worse, when we first proposed it: In order to keep a city?s streets clean of dog poop, require dog owners to submit DNA samples from their pets when they get licenses; then use that DNA database to trace any left-behind poop and send the dogs? owners stiff fines.

Well, it took three years but the Israeli city of Petah Tikva has actually put this plan to work:

The city will use the DNA database it is building to match feces to a registered dog and identify its owner.

Owners who scoop up their dogs? droppings and place them in specially marked bins on Petah Tikva?s streets will be eligible for rewards of pet food coupons and dog toys.

But droppings found underfoot in the street and matched through the DNA database to a registered pet could earn its owner a municipal fine.

It is interesting ? and probably wise ? that Petah Tikva has coupled the penalties with rewards. Clearly, their plan is a bit more thought-out than ours:

?My goal is to get the residents involved, and tell them that together, we can make our environment clean,? said Tika Bar-On, the city?s chief veterinarian who came up with the idea for the DNA experiment. Bar-On said the DNA database could also help veterinarians research genetic diseases in dogs, investigate canine pedigree, and identify stray animals, replacing the need for electronic chip identification.

As for me, a New York resident: well, I am still waiting, and not so patiently. It still astonishes me that the same person who will glare at someone for speaking loudly on a cell phone or for not putting a bottle in the right recycling bin will let his dog defecate in the middle of a grassy area in Central Park where kids play, and then do a minimal cleanup, if at all. Unless we can get the DNA plan rolling here, I may have to start agitating all-out for mandatory dog diapers.

Posted on: 2009/6/3 14:45

Re: Please pick up your poopie
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TaZMaNiO wrote:
No worries, just wait until it's people poop...you all are gonna love it!

After all, it's so progressive & liberal!

I've looked at a few of your posts in other threads. In addition to calling everyone a moron, you seem to take pleasure in a (baseless) prediction that the whole world is falling apart, JC will become a wasteland, and downtowners will soon be mugged and attacked at ShopRite. Along the way, you defame "morons" (who?) for being moronic and "parasites" for sucking the blood of, I think, the wealthy and/ or the government. Whatever one may think of your political views, scaremongering, namecalling, or Red Dawn-esque premonitions...

Personally, I'm glad you hold your views, because I believe in open and honest discussion of matters of dispute. Though I can't quite decipher what your shtick is, I'm sensing you have great animosity for the "welfare state", etc.

...but here, in this post, your comment is simply absurd. Did you think this was a good subject matter to snipe liberalism? Has "liberalism" ever meant being permissive of dog piles and human piles because being permissive is more important than protecting public health, safety, and convenience? I know you had a little joke to yourself and all, but here your observation was just too attenuated and unreasonable.

Posted on: 2009/5/22 10:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcnight wrote:
Quote:

parkman wrote:
Quote:

jcnight wrote:
i wish they had trash cans around the park. Theres no place to throw the poop even if you do pick it up.
Don?t just wish, call Al Lynch at Parks and Forestry (201 547-4449) and explain the need for more trashcans around the park. Don?t tell him I sent you? I bug them enough for VVP.

I do not just wish it. I have made 4 phone calls already, and i know 4 other people that have made those calls. They just dont want to give us trash cans!
If I get them for you, will you buy me a scone at ?Made with Love??

Posted on: 2009/5/22 4:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

parkman wrote:
Quote:

jcnight wrote:
i wish they had trash cans around the park. Theres no place to throw the poop even if you do pick it up.
Don?t just wish, call Al Lynch at Parks and Forestry (201 547-4449) and explain the need for more trashcans around the park. Don?t tell him I sent you? I bug them enough for VVP.

I do not just wish it. I have made 4 phone calls already, and i know 4 other people that have made those calls. They just dont want to give us trash cans!

Posted on: 2009/5/22 3:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/10 16:39
From Donny City
Group:
Registered Users
No worries, just wait until it's people poop...you all are gonna love it!

After all, it's so progressive & liberal!

Posted on: 2009/5/22 3:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcnight wrote:

Posted on: 2009/5/22 3:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Amy wrote:
Make fun of me all you want (and I knew you would), but it's a disgusting problem.
On 9th, there is most definitely a garbage can. A few, in fact. Or, you can....wait for it... carry the poop until you find a garbage can.

I hear you. But... we need more trash cans. I have been carrying it inside and throwing it out at home. There was a few on 9th, now there is 1. There are far too many dogs in this area, and 1 trash can. ( they took the others away) They need more trash cans period. Maybe (big maybe) there would be less dog poop.

Posted on: 2009/5/22 3:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
Make fun of me all you want (and I knew you would), but it's a disgusting problem.
On 9th, there is most definitely a garbage can. A few, in fact. Or, you can....wait for it... carry the poop until you find a garbage can.

Posted on: 2009/5/22 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/5/22 1:55

Please pick up your poopie
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
I just got back from walking my dog. There are so, so, so many piles and smears of dog crap on the sidewalks in the vicinity of Hamilton Park. I don't want to say it's not a coincidence that there seem to be more piles since the park closed, but...
Please pick up after your dog. It only takes a second and makes the sidewalk more pleasant.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 21:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/17 14:33
Group:
Registered Users
So I am walking home from Duane Reade this morning with my kids. I just bought my 2.5 year old a new toy car. He is playing with it as we walk down Montgomery Street right off of Marin. He says "Mommy look!" He shows me the new car - caked in dog poop. The poor kid was heartbroken that I had to throw out his new toy. PLEASE PLEASE PICK UP YOUR DOG POOP!!!!

Posted on: 2009/4/21 15:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Just a question. if you guys ever saw a JCPD or a PAPD officer in uniform walking his 2 large dogs & noticed he never picks up after them what would you guys do or who would you call?
I know what Im going to do but just want to see what you guys would do.

There is always the old "excuse me, do you need a bag?" option but beyond that I don't know what a call to a supervisor would achieve. It is amazing that anyone over the age of 5 would not make the effort to clean up after their dog. What is wrong with people? Lazy or Stupid? Probably both.

Posted on: 2009/3/19 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Just a question. if you guys ever saw a JCPD or a PAPD officer in uniform walking his 2 large dogs & noticed he never picks up after them what would you guys do or who would you call?
I know what Im going to do but just want to see what you guys would do.

Posted on: 2009/3/19 19:55

Re: Dog Walker?? Hardly.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I guess that young woman who usually walks dogs in Hamilton Park is on vacation. I believe her name is Liz? Well if anyone knows her please let her know that the young black guy she hired to take her client's dogs out is not cleaning up after them. He is letting them poop all along the inside perimeter of the fence and not picking up. Some of the dogs are nearly 100lbs in size so you can imagine the rest. I tried to call to him but he was wearing an ipod and I could not get close because of my dogs. Anyway, if you're one of her clients you may want to have a word with her replacement.

Liz will be horrified. I just left a message on her cell. I feel bad to disturb her vaca, but maybe if she makes a call, it will straighten him out.

Posted on: 2009/3/19 0:12

Dog Walker?? Hardly.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I guess that young woman who usually walks dogs in Hamilton Park is on vacation. I believe her name is Liz? Well if anyone knows her please let her know that the young black guy she hired to take her client's dogs out is not cleaning up after them. He is letting them poop all along the inside perimeter of the fence and not picking up. Some of the dogs are nearly 100lbs in size so you can imagine the rest. I tried to call to him but he was wearing an ipod and I could not get close because of my dogs. Anyway, if you're one of her clients you may want to have a word with her replacement.

Posted on: 2009/3/18 18:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone ever seen anyone get a ticket for that?

Posted on: 2008/6/13 11:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/8 19:40
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
It's disappointing to see that others do not conduct themselves with professionalism or just the sense of what's the right thing to do. Perhaps New Jersey should follow New York's lead and increase the fine for not picking up dog poop by $100.00.

Posted on: 2008/6/13 6:14
www.ninasdogwalk.com

A positive attitude brings strength, energy and initiative.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 19:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

trp3 wrote:
DowntownJC wrote:

and if I had a dime for every time I witnessed some guy droppin' a deuce on the sidewalk/parking lot/embankment wall........I'd have an empty change cup.

I wouldn't, unfortunately

Posted on: 2008/6/12 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
So I step out my front door today and LITERALLY 3 ft in front of my front steps, in the MIDDLE of the sidewalk, is a pile of dog s**t. What the f**k is wrong with people, why any pet owner feel it is ok to do that! Whomever is allowing their dog to s**t in front of my house and leave it there please be forewarned...I will be watching! I live on 4th st. please pick up after your dog. Stop being such a sneaky, ignorant mf!!

Thanks,
Your Neighbor w/video cam

Posted on: 2008/3/24 22:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
Delighted to report that the JCPD was issuing off-leash summonses in Hamilton Park today at 3:45 PM.

Btw, for those who repeatedly beat the drum of how this is "such a huge drain on police resources that are better spent elseswhere".........you should know that the entire exercise took all of about ten minutes. One of the boys in blue sat in an idling police cruiser on 8th, while the other member of the donut squad entered the park, targeted three off-leash violators, and scribbled out the respective summonses in very quick order.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the same meager amount of time that these uniformed geniuses would waste sipping a cup of coffee from Cristo's, so I really don't see the meteoric drain on city-wide resources (or in this case, on the "east end" resources), and simultaneously there are three more dog persons (owners, walkers, whatever) who now realize that the park is not their eminent domain.

Posted on: 2008/3/15 2:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
EntreMANURE K-9 Waste Removal
Resized Image
Resized ImageResized Image

We need some enterprising local "entreprenuers" to open up this needed business service.

I'm sure they would clean up in downtown JC.

Posted on: 2008/2/28 17:48
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Up where I live there is a house at the end of my block where dog walkers are notorious for not cleaning up their dog's feces. Along the side of the house is a really long stretch of sidewalk not visible from the house due to a high fence around the perimeter.

About once a year my neighbors are ticketed for not cleaning up the dog poop on THEIR sidewalk. They don't even have a dog. Talk about adding insult to injury.

So when you don't clean up after your dog, not only are you making people's lives miserable who have to avoid these lovely smelly piles, but you may also be causing one of your neighbors a fine.

Just a thought...

Posted on: 2008/2/27 13:45
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
MichaelJC wrote:
Do you think the poop bag fairy comes every week just to pick up your trash?

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/2/20 4:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
in hoboken at one of the newer luxury condo buildings on madison (i think) between 2nd and 1st, they have dispensers of poop bags, and trash receptacles every 30 or 40 feet... and it works.

when i lived downtown, 6th and Jersey specifically, there were always huge mounds of doop poop on the sidewalks near the embankment. one day i saw a woman walking a big (beautiful) Rottie and he left a giant steamer. they started walking away and i asked the lady if she was going to pick it up. in her lovely ghetto slang-ese she verbally attacked me with profanity and threatened to a) kick my ass, and b) have her dog attack me.

awesome!

Posted on: 2008/2/15 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tamard wrote:
Vigalante: you just wrote:
"I don't defend the off-leash crowd or the people who don't clean up."

and earlier in this post you wrote:
" Asking the Police to enforce the leash laws on a regular basis is absolutely ridiculous. You face much more danger crossing the streets around Downtown!"

And then in Direct Response to a Leash Law Petition you wrote:

"Will there be a petition concerning reckless drivers and litterers? How about those people who don't shovel after a snow-storm? Feeding pigeons? ($1000.00 fine for that offense) Putting garbage cans out before 7pm? Leaving the gates open in the playground? Basketball games at 1am? Didn't think so."

So my Flip Flopping friend... which is it? It sure seems like you support Off-Leash behavior.

Nice try Mitt. I don't defend the behavior but I do know when we are wasting the JCPD's time. I also wonder why people choose easy targets like their neighbors who are WALKING DOGS and meanwhile not a peep about reckless drivers and midnight "thug" basketball games. 20 years in HP area and the auto incident to dog incident ratio is about 1000 to 1. You want cops chasing dogs. I want them chasing criminals. Ask a cop, he will laugh in your face.

Posted on: 2008/2/8 20:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/15 17:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Vigalante: you just wrote:
"I don't defend the off-leash crowd or the people who don't clean up."

and earlier in this post you wrote:
" Asking the Police to enforce the leash laws on a regular basis is absolutely ridiculous. You face much more danger crossing the streets around Downtown!"

And then in Direct Response to a Leash Law Petition you wrote:

"Will there be a petition concerning reckless drivers and litterers? How about those people who don't shovel after a snow-storm? Feeding pigeons? ($1000.00 fine for that offense) Putting garbage cans out before 7pm? Leaving the gates open in the playground? Basketball games at 1am? Didn't think so."

So my Flip Flopping friend... which is it? It sure seems like you support Off-Leash behavior.

Posted on: 2008/2/8 20:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I never said I let my dog run free. I was simply defending some people I know against an unfair charge in reference to poo. I don't defend the off-leash crowd or the people who don't clean up. I will defend the people who I know clean up after their dogs against these distortions and lies. You people ought to have learned by now that Jersey City is no town for control freaks. You can't win.

Posted on: 2008/2/8 20:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I wish I lived next door to SamS.

Posted on: 2008/2/8 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/25 20:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
My favorite is the group of people who congregate in Hamilton Park each day and let their dogs run all over the park while they merrily gab amongst themselves, completely oblivious of what their pets are doing, which is taking dumps all over the park.

um... this refers to the people who let their dogs run free, not all dog owners. or maybe you're one of the people in that group , maybe you feel your dog *should* run free - good luck with that

Posted on: 2008/2/8 20:12
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017