Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Excessive United Water Bill
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fasteddie wrote:
What about the water I drink? It does not go down the drain, And what about when I sweat during the summer? Why should I be billed for sewage in JC when I pee and sweat out of town? I am being cheated.

On a related point:
What happens when the MUA figures out that I am dumping rainwater down the sewer pipes?

Will they be able to charge me extra for that?

Will the city force me to install a meter on my downspout?

Posted on: 2009/4/9 11:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know.....a single toilet? Two months?

I agree with a previous poster--have them come check the meter. Something's not right.

Or you have a really bad leak, and I feel like if you aren't seeing water, then it's not going anywhere good. We became disconnected from the city sewer line a few years back and it took 5 months to figure it out. By that time, we had an 8 foot hole under the sidewalk/street gutter.

I hope it's the meter.

Posted on: 2009/4/9 2:33

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/28 21:42
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
My building had problems with United Water J.C....we were suddenly slapped with a huge bill (I mean HUGE) and were given some crazy explanation about our meter being broken....we never could get to the bottom of it and NO ONE would accept responsibility or accountability at UWJC for providing us with an answer. We were in the situation that if we did not pay our water was going to be shut off, so we paid and no one has ever answered our questions. We tried contacting the NJ Bureau of Public Utilities and they were no help at all, only referring us back to UWJC.

I think as a community we need to keep our eyes/ears open for similar stories because one never knows what could be behind something like this....

Posted on: 2009/4/9 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
I have a question about my water and sewage bill. I notice that I am billed for water units consumed and sewage charges are directly proportional to water used. What about the water I drink? It does not go down the drain, well yes it might get peed down the drain but what if I pee at work, out of town? And what about when I sweat during the summer? Why should I be billed for sewage in JC when I pee and sweat out of town? I am being cheated.

Posted on: 2009/4/9 2:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 12:23
Group:
Banned
I think that the problem is one of the toilets, which is running, but only slightly. However, I don't see how that would add up to a usage of tens of thousands of gallons in only two months.

Posted on: 2009/4/9 0:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
Can you provide more details about this leak? It must have been a whopper to have resulted in such a large bill. How did it go unnoticed if it was so much water?

Posted on: 2009/4/8 23:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/19 18:03
From Grove St.
Group:
Registered Users
If you can prove that you had a leak, and had it repaired, JCMUA will negotiate with you, but you won't get the sewer portion of your bill (50%) back. The logic is that you did use the sewer even though you didn't use the water. You might want to call them to check the meter as well.

Posted on: 2009/4/8 15:47

Excessive United Water Bill
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 12:23
Group:
Banned
My most recent bill from United Water was greater than the all of the bills for the preceeding year combined. I am assuming for now that this was due to a leak in my house. A United Water representative told me that they are contracted out by Jersey City, which is usually very unforgiving with respect to these types of situtations, and therefore have very little discretion to reduce the bill. Has anyone been in this situation before? If you got the bill reduced, how did you do it?

Thanks.

Posted on: 2009/4/8 15:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017