Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: TIME TO FIGHT BACK - Re: Heights Reservoir Avenue store robbed at gun point at 7:30 p.m
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Perhaps Easton Pennsylvania will be the new destination? I just feel bad for the hard working people, who still live there who are getting the exodus of our city's and Newark's trash. On top of having their own location, perhaps some ingredient can be added to the water to reduce fertility? Their reproduction rates alone are menacing. It's like "I'm poor and my parents don't give a sh*t, so I'll make my life even more challenging and make a baby in middle school!"

It's an attribute, a challenging one at that.
Jersey's gain will be Pennsy's loss. Let 'em leave.

Posted on: 2009/4/2 14:33

Re: TIME TO FIGHT BACK - Re: Heights Reservoir Avenue store robbed at gun point at 7:30 p.m
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
the other day some lady littered in front of one of my properties right after I swept it up...I said pick it up lady...she walked over picked it up and said this isnt u property. I told her actually it is..in reality I wasnt that nice.

Get rid of welfare and section 8 in JC and 90% of the problem is eliminated. I really think something needs to be done regarding healthy people that dont work and receive assistance.

Why do they need to live in a city ? the point of living in a city is to take advantage of the job market etc. Cant we build welfare cities in the desert somewhere or take delapitated cities in detroit etc and make them welfare citiies?

Perhaps Easton Pennsylvania will be the new destination? I just feel bad for the hard working people, who still live there who are getting the exodus of our city's and Newark's trash. On top of having their own location, perhaps some ingredient can be added to the water to reduce fertility? Their reproduction rates alone are menacing. It's like "I'm poor and my parents don't give a sh*t, so I'll make my life even more challenging and make a baby in middle school!"

Posted on: 2009/4/2 14:14

Re: Heights Reservoir Avenue store robbed at gun point at 7:30 p.m
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
my only question is why snorky revived this thread - or the webmaster allowed it? shouldn't this be a new thread? it has nothing to do with the OP robbery...

Posted on: 2009/4/2 14:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BiblePizzazz wrote:
It's almost comical, the dichotomy between actually interacting with people in this city and then checking out this website and seeing the unbelievably emotional/reactionary/uneducated idiocy that is allowed to run rampant here.

Sigh.....

You sound like my wife. The only thing she gets worked up about is people's attitudes. The rest of it, the garbage on the street, the graffitti, etc. she doesn't even see.

Posted on: 2009/4/2 13:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
CRIME IS DOWN; HEALY SAID SO!

Posted on: 2009/4/2 12:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
the other day some lady littered in front of one of my properties right after I swept it up...I said pick it up lady...she walked over picked it up and said this isnt u property. I told her actually it is..in reality I wasnt that nice.

Get rid of welfare and section 8 in JC and 90% of the problem is eliminated. I really think something needs to be done regarding healthy people that dont work and receive assistance.

Why do they need to live in a city ? the point of living in a city is to take advantage of the job market etc. Cant we build welfare cities in the desert somewhere or take delapitated cities in detroit etc and make them welfare citiies?

You mean, like concentration camps, right?

I hate littering too -- I mean, I stop people all the time...grrrr -- and I too am IRKED, let's say, to see people who don't (can't or won't) back themselves up because EVERYONE is more satisfied when they're truly engaged in creating a good life for themselves, but dude, you sound like SUCH A FREAKING __________!.

Posted on: 2009/4/2 4:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/4/1 23:07

TIME TO FIGHT BACK - Re: Heights Reservoir Avenue store robbed at gun point at 7:30 p.m

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/24 21:03
Group:
Registered Users
I have lived in JCH for about 2 years now. I love it. What I do not love are scumbags and trash that do any or all of the following. IF SOMEONE IS A PROBLEM CALL THE COPS:
1) throw their trash on the ground - I do not care what country you come from, in this country that is not tollerated (or should not be). Hold your trash, put it in trash can.

2) tagging or graffiti - these lowlifes should have their hands glued shut. Spray painting buildings and homes is bad enough, but spraying a landmark with a tag is just play classless and disrespectful.

3) intimidating or harassing regular citizens. No mother, senior citizen or anyone else for that matter should have to hear curse words and trash talk when just walking in the park.

4) loud and obnoxious music - I can sit in my backyard with ten friends - eating, drinking and having fun - no one else is affected. Sadly, some people have to constantly scream every conversation and play very loud music late into the night (4am).

5) drug dealing and gangs - any actions like these should end in prison. "Yes we can!" Not if we have trash focused more on ruining this city than bettering themselves. Black, white, latino, asian, middle eastern - in a gang then you are trash and should turn yourself in for your prison sentence, it is coming eventually.

I am sure there are more things, but this says enough.

My recommendation is call the cops before there is an incident. If you must, stretch the truth to get the cops there to put people in order. If the scum of the earth feel that they are being watched at all times they will move elsewhere to conductg their shady dealings.

Let's take out the trash.

Posted on: 2009/4/1 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tko wrote:
thank you! we like living up there so far! a lot of our friends who were ex-hoboken then ex-downtown jersey city residents are now living in the heights. there are some amazing buildings in the area, which is a non-sequitor, but makes us love the neighborhood even more.

Its trully a jewel, I grew up in the Heights, eventhough the section has changed it still retains it's wonder and yes a lot of great architecture, if you take the time to explore you'll be amazed.

Good luck and enjoy.

Posted on: 2008/12/30 20:42

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/13 16:30
Group:
Registered Users
thank you! we like living up there so far! a lot of our friends who were ex-hoboken then ex-downtown jersey city residents are now living in the heights. there are some amazing buildings in the area, which is a non-sequitor, but makes us love the neighborhood even more.

Posted on: 2008/12/30 19:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tko wrote:
i just moved to reservoir too. i find it to be fairly quiet . . .

Its mostly a quiet area and thats what makes it vulnerable to these incidents from time to time, not alot of foot traffic to deter wouldbe lowlifes....

Good Luck.

Posted on: 2008/12/30 19:46

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/13 16:30
Group:
Registered Users
i just moved to reservoir too. i find it to be fairly quiet . . .

Posted on: 2008/12/30 18:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
Awesome, I just moved to Reservoir Ave.

Posted on: 2008/12/30 18:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/11 21:46
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I do pet-sitting at a neighboring street and have often eated at Grilled 8. Although the block appears nice and quiet, I have often noticed a lot of seedy sorts passing through, especially evenings.

Posted on: 2008/12/26 16:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
that is around the corner from my parents house and across from where gr8 tastes was...damn...

Posted on: 2008/12/25 23:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Its a quiet part of the heights and not very well lit after dark and therefore a prime area for stick up..

I lived in that area for many years and can write from experience that improvement is very much needed!

Luckly no one was hurt for a change.

Posted on: 2008/12/23 19:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
It's not far from the G&P Deli robbery/murder a few blocks away on Webster Ave at the corner of Ferry St. that occured a couple of years ago.
http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... 8&forum=10&post_id=168200

Posted on: 2008/12/23 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
The store at Reservoir Avenue and Lienau Place, thats a pretty quiet area. Hope its on video or something & they catch them!

Posted on: 2008/12/23 14:37

Heights Reservoir Avenue store robbed at gun point at 7:30 p.m
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Store robbed at gun point of $490, phone

Monday, December 22, 2008

Two men robbed a Jersey City Heights store at gun point Saturday night, police reports said. The suspects took around $490 in cash and a cell phone from the store at Reservoir Avenue and Lienau Place at around 7:30 p.m., reports said.

Armed with a handgun, one of the two suspects walked into the store and forced the owner and his nephew to the floor, reports said.

CHARLES HACK

Posted on: 2008/12/23 10:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017