Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 57 58 59 (60)

Re: More examples of PATH management cluelessness
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
i willing to bet that we wont see the new cars until 2011 at least

??
I rode on one last week.

Posted on: 2009/3/31 14:17

Re: More examples of PATH management cluelessness
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
i willing to bet that we wont see the new cars until 2011 at least

Posted on: 2009/3/31 13:52

More examples of PATH management cluelessness
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/24 17:50
From Morgan Lighthouse
Group:
Registered Users
Path management is CLUELESS.

They have the resources to:

A) Record new public service announcements

WHICH DOES NOTHING TO ALLEVIATE MORNING RUSH HOUR OVERCROWDING

B) Install new flat screens

C) Put up posters about new path trains (yet to be seen)

-----------

The morons in PATH management should concentrate their time and money into getting the larger trains on line FIRST.

Then they can piss away all of the resources they want on this crap that DOESN'T MATTER.

Posted on: 2009/3/31 13:21

Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 19:03
Group:
Registered Users
I just stick to my metrocard. WOrks on PATH, subway and busses. So easy.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 18:49

Re: fixmypath.com
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
From the Jersey Journal:
-------------------------------
Online push for more PATH service

Posted by jfink October 06, 2008 10:20AM

Jersey City Councilman Steve Fulop and Hoboken City Councilwoman Beth Mason are pushing an online petition drive demanding better weekend and night time service on the PATH, a push that coincides with recent news that the World Trade Center station will shut down most weekend beginning next year.

An email message sent from Fulop seeking support for the drive, which includes asking people to send emails to Gov. Jon Corzine, Fulop notes the Jersey City council passed a resolution this summer urging the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to improve weekend and evening service.

Mason will sponsor a similar measure in Hoboken, he said.

"This is an issue about safety, about accessibility, and about your tax dollars. I believe that the collective voice carries the most weight and that if we can generate enough e-mails to our elected officials, we can achieve our goal," Fulop wrote in the email.

Article

Posted on: 2008/10/6 16:10

Re: fixmypath.com
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/25 11:02
Group:
Registered Users
A new entrance to the Newport Station that is closer to the Mall and the Light Rail stop is a very good idea, and I'm more than glad that SOMEBODY in city hall cares anything about the PATH. He is also calling for improved night and weekend service, and I am thrilled about that. I say we get as many people going to that site as possible and see if we can start a movement. I plan to print up some flyers with the website address to hand out this weekend as I ride in the sardine can.

Posted on: 2008/10/6 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Maybe Seatless Subways Aren't Such a Crazy Idea

Reader Raphael sent us this photograph of a subway rider getting pretty comfy on the subway. Now, it's nice to stretch your toes and all, but...shudder.

One of the MTA's state violations is placing "one's foot on the seat of a subway, bus, or platform bench" (it could mean a $50 fine). Besides you have no idea what's been on that seat before--it could be something like this. Which is why many people like to avoid skin- on- subway- surface contact--we saw someone holding onto a subway pole with a plastic bag yesterday.

The seatless subways pilot will begin in the coming months. Also: Dirty seats are one of the "ten plagues" of subway riders.

Just think of how many more people could cram into each subway car if there were no seats! That's the idea behind the latest MTA plan which WNBC reports will bring flip-up seats underground. The seats will be unforgiving during rush hour, as they'll be locked in the up position. Hmm, this isn't going to help the different lines raise their grades!

The pilot program will feature the seats in 4 of 10 cars, and "officials hope to squeeze more people -- as many as 18 percent more -- inside such cars." No word yet on which line will test out the program, or when it will reach all trains, but the roll out program will start later this year (as early as 5 months from now). To the elderly, pregnant and others who require seats...you've been warned.

http://gothamist.com/2008/09/05/maybe ... _subways_arent_such_a.php

Posted on: 2008/9/6 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/18 3:56
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone else swiped their card, had the turnstile tell them to enter, then walked smack into the bars because the lock hadn't disengaged yet?

Happened to me last night. Ow. I have a really nasty bruise across my legs now (and it was a bit of a scary experience, as I currently have a swollen spleen and an impact of that nature could rupture it...).

Posted on: 2008/9/5 20:41

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/29 11:21
From Jersey City, Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
If anyone has ever tried to file a complaint or give feedback to the NJ PATH system, you know how difficult it is to even locate the right place to file your complaint. For a long time I believed there was no way to even contact the PATH authorities other than for emergencies or paranoid folks reporting suspicious persons. Well I actually finally found the link after searching and searching on the Path website. Here is the link: panynj.gov/feedback

I recently wrote in a complaint regarding the sardine-like crowded trains during rush hours and the horrendous late night and weekend schedule. I was actually amazed to receive a well rounded response, and not just some canned message.

I urge everyone if you have ever wanted to give the PATH feedback, do so. The PATH system will never improve if people don't voice their concerns.

And while you're at it, everyone complain about those goddam 5 minute long stupid announcements over the PA system. If PATH would put in 1% of effort to improving the system as they did to make that irritating automated loud speaker announcement about how we shouldn't carry bags and packages, then we'd have a perfect smooth running train system. In our dreams.

Posted on: 2008/9/5 16:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/14 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
PATH reliability is way, way better than the NY subway system, and the NY subways are reasonably good. Be thankful that we have such a well run system.

Posted on: 2008/6/11 14:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/23 12:49
Group:
Registered Users
I used to pick up the PATH from Hoboken in the 80s for a daily commute. At that time, that station was the worst. Packed like crazy, I would watch 3 trains go by before I could inch my way closer and closer along with the throng to get near the door.

Hoboken lightened up when NJ Transit started running suburban commuter trains direct into Penn Station NY. Before, all the suburban NJ commuters would have to train into Hoboken, and then get on the Path. Now, many of them can go direct into NYC.

I moved to JC, and started taking the PATH from Grove daily. Back then, I could get on the platform (I couldn't at Hoboken - so that was a big improvement) but trains during peak commuting time would still certainly be at capacity - even back then. Outside of peak commuting time though, it was fine.

Watching all the condos go up for the last 20 years in Jersey City, I often wondered who exactly it was who thought there would be no problem with PATH handling all these new people?

I can imagine the realtors telling these buyers that all they had to do was hop on the PATH and have an easy and quick commute into the city .... little did they know my PATH car was always full at Grove during peak commuting time long before these buildings went up ...

Posted on: 2008/6/10 17:06

PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/25 20:46
Group:
Registered Users
How will the PATH even come close to being able to handle all the new Grove St. commuters over the next few years?

Jrnl. Sq.-33rd is the loser line....
Leaving Manhattan on the 33rd St. line at night, each Jrnl. Sq. car is already at *least* twice as crowded as the Hoboken cars I see go by. And going the other direction there are often two near-empty World Trade Center trains for every one 33rd St. train.

dependability?
I was on two cars stuck in the tunnel and then put out of service at Pavonia the last 2 weeks, and it just gets worse and worse... from their website, a sampling from the last few hours:
6/10/2008 10:35:29 AM
Due to a signal problem, train service on the Hoboken to World Trade Center line is suspended.

6/10/2008 10:06:36 AM
Due to a smoke condition, train service on the Hoboken to 33 Street line is suspended.

6/10/2008 9:56:11 AM
Due to a smoke conditions, train service on the Journal Square to 33rd Street line is suspended.

6/10/2008 1:42:41 AM
Concerning the earlier car equipment problem, train service on the Journal Square to 33rd Street (via Hoboken) line is resuming normal schedule.

6/10/2008 12:47:18 AM
Due to a car equipment problem, train service on the Journal Square to 33rd Street (via Hoboken) line is operating with a 30 minute delay.

Posted on: 2008/6/10 15:18
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

« 1 ... 57 58 59 (60)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017