Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Heights: Woman found dead in Tonnelle Ave. hotel room
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Boy, either the JCPD or the Jersey Journal (or both) are not at the top of their games. The JJ reported that the JCPD said the family had not been notified - yet we know that Tammy (a family member) knew who the victim was. Are the police always the last to know?

Posted on: 2009/3/30 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
This is terribly sad, and if you have ever delt with someone who has a drug addiction, you can't just make them stop. You can have all the love in the world for a person but the addiction sometimes is too strong, so the comments made about "not letting a family member get that far" has obviously never been through it, and count your lucky stars that you haven't/. It is a horrible thing to live through, even worse if they succumb to their addictions. Tammy, I feel terrible that you have had to go through that stay strong!

Posted on: 2009/3/30 15:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/8 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
My condolences Tammy to you and your family.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Cops able to ID woman found dead in Jersey City motel

Saturday, March 28, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Homicide detectives have identified the woman found dead in a Jersey City motel Thursday morning, but her name is being withheld because her family has not yet been notified, authorities said yesterday afternoon.

The body of the roughly 34-year-old woman - along with various types of drug paraphernalia - was found in a room at the Skyway Motel on Tonnelle Avenue near Lake Street, Hudson County First Assistant Prosecutor Guy Gregory said.

An autopsy performed at the state Regional Medical Examiner's Office in Newark yesterday found no trauma to the woman's body, said Gregory of the case that remains listed as a suspicious death. The cause and manner of the woman's death could not be determined by the autopsy and further medical studies, including toxicology tests, will be performed, Gregory said.

Investigators have information that the woman was in the room with a man prior to her death, officials said.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 12:11

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/30 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
I would like to say thank you to everyone ! I'm glad to see that there are still some descent people left in this world. It is absolutely the truth that drug addiction is a sickness that affects far too many families. Thank you for all your positive comments !!

Posted on: 2009/3/30 2:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/20 13:44
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry for your pain TammyD. Regardless of what your kin was going through, I'm sure her passing was a tragedy to you. God Bless.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 2:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/10 12:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
News reports generally indicate the deceased was a drug whore, so TammyD, go cry a river somewhere else. Not every death is a murder or a tragedy. And if this was MY FAMILY I would have done something for her before she died, not complain about the comments after. You never posted anything on here before-Did this hit home?

I've never understood what makes some people so full of vile hatred toward others who have recognized illnesses. Clearly skepticalhook has never experienced the anguish of having a family member suffering from a severe addiction -- or he / she would not be so quick to write off another person's life as worthless. I feel for the victim's family in their time of continued sorrow. No doubt they been suffering for a long time watching their relative descend into the darkness of addiction, and now they must endure her murder as well. Your assumption that they did not try to help her beforehand belies your ignorance about the insidious nature of addiction, where multiple relapses often are part of the recovery process.

Her murder IS a tragedy, and a reflection of a country whose public policy pushes people with a recognized medical illness to the fringes and dark corners to suffer.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 2:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fraulein wrote:
TammyD, I'm sorry for your loss....and the insensitive comments made here.

Everyone knows someone who needs help getting on the right track, and despite if it works or not, you still care for the person and recall better times/memories with them. So please don't think the opinions of some of the douche-bags here are indicative of all because they most certainly are not.

+1

Sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 1:56

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
Yesterday I removed several insensitive posts here started by: nightgownposse. This is not the site for insensitive comments about someones death whom you do not know.

My apologies to TammyD and the family of the victim.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 1:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
TammyD, I'm sorry for your loss....and the insensitive comments made here.

Everyone knows someone who needs help getting on the right track, and despite if it works or not, you still care for the person and recall better times/memories with them. So please don't think the opinions of some of the douche-bags here are indicative of all because they most certainly are not.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 0:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
So sorry for your loss, Tammy. May your cousin now find peace.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 0:39

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
ok so Skepticalhook, you obviously have nothing better to do with your time. Yes as a matter of fact it does hit home with me, she was my cousin who unfortunately got mixed up with some of the lowlife people that reside in Jersey City. Unfortunately her family that loved her were unable to pull her out of that mess. But you as a person must be a very heartless person to sit & write comments like you write. But you also seem very familiar with this area & hotel, I wonder what type of person that makes you. But just remember KARMA always comes around to bite you. One day you will regret being the person that you are. Until then I hope you have a nice life. Or should I say maybe you should find something better to do with your time then sit & post comments about stories that have nothing to do with you.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 0:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
Recent report on nj.com indicates that drug paraphanalia was found in the room and a male was seen with her. Sure, there could be other conclusions-but taking them too seriously is how OJ got acquitted of murder. I really doubt a nice couple was checking into that hotel for their honeymoon.

Posted on: 2009/3/29 19:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/20 13:44
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
News reports generally indicate the deceased was a drug whore, so TammyD, go cry a river somewhere else. Not every death is a murder or a tragedy.

Where did you see/read that she was a "drug whore"? I thought the cops were still awaiting a autopsy report.

Posted on: 2009/3/29 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
News reports generally indicate the deceased was a drug whore, so TammyD, go cry a river somewhere else. Not every death is a murder or a tragedy. And if this was MY FAMILY I would have done something for her before she died, not complain about the comments after. You never posted anything on here before-Did this hit home?

Posted on: 2009/3/29 18:49

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe people should take a step back & really think about this woman's family. She was someone's mother,daughter,sister,cousin,etc..... So before you sit here & pass judgement, remember this could be your family member. People make mistakes in life, but that doesnt mean she was not loved & their are not many people devasted over her death. So maybe when you sit down to post a comment you should think, WHAT IF THIS WAS MY FAMILY !

Posted on: 2009/3/29 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
everyone seems awfully bothered about whether or not the victim was a prostitute, and not at all concerned that there's a(nother) murderer loose in Jersey City.

gotta love the priorities.

Im not saying that the girl definitely is a prostitute. Those hotels on Tonnelle are used by the area teens and people there 20s for mini drinking parties. I think she was either murdered or had a overdose and the person with her got scared and left. It could be anything though. I guess we will find out either tonight or tomorrow if she was murdered or not.

Posted on: 2009/3/27 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
everyone seems awfully bothered about whether or not the victim was a prostitute, and not at all concerned that there's a(nother) murderer loose in Jersey City.

gotta love the priorities.

Posted on: 2009/3/27 21:07

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Back in the day those places on Tonnelle Ave. were called No-Tell Motels. I'm guessing they still are.

Posted on: 2009/3/27 20:18

Heights: Woman found dead in Tonnelle Ave. hotel room
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Woman found dead in Tonnelle Ave. hotel room

Friday, March 27, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The body of an adult woman was found in a room at the Skyway Motel on Tonnelle Avenue in Jersey City yesterday and her death was listed as suspicious pending the results of an autopsy to be performed today, officials said.

Homicide detectives were called to the hotel yesterday morning after the woman was found at the hotel near Lake Street, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

There was no identification found in the room and the woman has not yet been positively identified, DeFazio said.

"We are not sure if there was blunt force trauma, and we have to await the autopsy to establish the cause and manner of death," said DeFazio, emphasizing that the death has not been classified as a homicide at this point.

The prosecutor said investigators have information that the woman was in the room with an adult male prior to her death.

An autopsy is to be performed today at the state Regional Medical Examiner's Office in Newark, DeFazio said. Investigators are reviewing video taken by security cameras in the area, DeFazio said.

Anyone with information on the death is asked to call the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's Homicide Squad at 201-915-1345.

Posted on: 2009/3/27 9:26

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017