Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: bank of america on newark ave
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/30 18:45
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

radryan03 wrote:
Internal Transfers are easy - I go between my checking and savings on a regular basis. My chase credit card also shows up on my banking view... so I easily pay that as well.

You can pay pills from any account you want. The online bill pay is pretty slick as well...

I am pleased with it - there are chase ATMs in every duane reade as well - it doesnt get much more convenient.

Yeah that was why I am seriously considering moving my accounts. Thanks for the help :)

Posted on: 2009/3/25 21:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Internal Transfers are easy - I go between my checking and savings on a regular basis. My chase credit card also shows up on my banking view... so I easily pay that as well.

You can pay pills from any account you want. The online bill pay is pretty slick as well...

I am pleased with it - there are chase ATMs in every duane reade as well - it doesnt get much more convenient.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 18:02

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
I got one those things to open an account and it says it is free
and they will give me 125 bucks as long as i keep the account for 6 months. I work in the city so chase is convenient and get off at grove street and live near warren and Columbus so that is also convenient.

I like the save the change bank of america has... i also would need 3 savings accounts.. 1 for me, 1 for my husband and 1 joint. then also 3 regular accounts one for me, 1 for the husband, and 1 for our joint account.

can you transfer within the bank easily? also with the bill pay does it let you choose the account you pay from?

right now i can only pay from my account and need to constantly transfer from our joint to my own.

we each have our own savings and regular accounts because we put our personal money we have put aside each month in there and if we want to save to buy something we do it in out own(or i put money in the joint and my savings and he saves money in his own)

i guess i should go in and talk to them... I just really hate b of a and never go because there is never parking at the one on newark that is legal b/c they close at 5:30 pavonia is inconvenient and there is no parking and i work in the village/meatpacking district(i am on the edge) so the closest b of a is on 6th and 14th... i think.

i have only dealt with b of a sucking(they have lost more than one check on me and my husband.. don't use the teller, the ATM is much much safer and then they were asses to me because i was angry they couldn't find 6000 worth of checks..this was right after my wedding)

Posted on: 2009/3/25 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Wachovia. They have a drive through and its always super fast. The reps at Wachovia are much more efficient then the ones I've encountered back when I used Bank of America.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I use chase and like them....

I love their online banking, mobile banking, and how you can customize your ATM options. I also have a daily email summaries that tell me everything that has taken place on my account.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
What's a teller?

Posted on: 2009/3/25 12:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 13:31
Group:
Banned
I'm surprised no one's mentioned it or maybe I missed it. Chase on Columbus has had a promotion going for several months now. Open a checking account and they give you $125. Forget toasters. I did it and it's for real. Almost no strings attached. You need a coupon though. I live in the Lafayette area, not close, and must have gotten at least 6 offers in the mail.

BoA - I've had an account there for about 3 years now. I rarely go into the Newark branch any longer since I work across the street from their NYC headquarters. However, I had no issues with the few times I dealt with customer service there. But that's probably because the manager, an elderly woman, always seemed to be there to help.

However, what a nightmare opening my account! For whatever reason (my subversive activities 1000 years ago?), my name was flagged in their system. I had to show 4 or 5 pieces of ID including my passport even though they knew who I was (from owning a store down the street).

Anyone paying a service charge should call them. I didn't keep the minimum balance in my account sufficient enough to avoid the $12 monthly charge. I called and told them if they didn't stop charging me I was going to close my account. Not an idle threat since I have a free Chase account. Without hesitation, the CSR said they would waive the charge for a year.

Bottom line. Banks are desperate for depositors.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 10:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
I've been w this bank since I was a teen-ager working after school and on weekends at Newport Mall, and stayed w it through its transition from NatWest to Fleet and now BoA.

Next time you're in the Newark Ave branch, look for Kathy. She's friendly, helpful and careful (albeit slow at times, though maybe that's a result of her meticulousness). Whenever possible I try to deal only w her. But I agree that the other workers (excluding the tellers) are pretty clueless and incompetent

Posted on: 2009/3/25 5:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
Chase has two real banks here that I know of. One is at the corner of Columbus & Warren and the other on Newport Parkway, west side, opposite Bertucci's.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 1:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Eleanor_A wrote:
I have a BoA credit card. I got one of those offers in the mail to transfer some of my balances from other credit cards to my BoA card for 0% for 6 months.

When the 6 months were over, they changed my APR to 37.11% (and that is *NOT* the default rate).

I'm so glad i paid off that card! I'll never use it again.

Wow 37% ! Does that bank carry a violin case ?

Posted on: 2009/3/25 0:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ECH wrote:
this particular branch (the newark ave. one) has been a consistent drag for me. it was so much better years ago when it was a little local bank,
independent and polite and competent.
but all those nice little banks of yesteryear are gone.

wamu was fine for the time that it was here, but
they shut down the newark ave branch and i find that
the one over by pathmark is too spooky to walk to.

the capital one bank on jersey and newark has been
pretty good with my meager money market account. i went
to them after wamu closed.

by default, i stay with bank of america for
free checking, i don't want to, but they have the
most reliable atm on weekends.

the chase machine in duane reade seems
to be broken most of the time.
i wish a real chase branch would open here.

There are a couple Chase branches downtown: one over by Newport on Washington and one on Columbus near Club H (I think).

I have been a Chase customer for decades and have almost no complaints.

As for the regional bank recommendations, just be careful. Small banks are closing left and right all over the country. Do your research and pick a bank you can trust. Small might be better for your needs but make sure everything is ensured to the nth degree.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 0:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/20 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
this particular branch (the newark ave. one) has been a consistent drag for me. it was so much better years ago when it was a little local bank,
independent and polite and competent.
but all those nice little banks of yesteryear are gone.

wamu was fine for the time that it was here, but
they shut down the newark ave branch and i find that
the one over by pathmark is too spooky to walk to.

the capital one bank on jersey and newark has been
pretty good with my meager money market account. i went
to them after wamu closed.

by default, i stay with bank of america for
free checking, i don't want to, but they have the
most reliable atm on weekends.

the chase machine in duane reade seems
to be broken most of the time.
i wish a real chase branch would open here.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 0:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I have a BoA credit card. I got one of those offers in the mail to transfer some of my balances from other credit cards to my BoA card for 0% for 6 months.

When the 6 months were over, they changed my APR to 37.11% (and that is *NOT* the default rate).

I'm so glad i paid off that card! I'll never use it again.

Posted on: 2009/3/24 23:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Go regional. The nationals are going the way of the Big 3 auto companies. Pamrapo, Valley National, Provident, etc. deserve your money more than Chase and the rest. Wait, I know, you need ATMs all over the place. You can break that habit if you try.

Posted on: 2009/3/24 20:54

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/19 13:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I've had problems with the B of A branch at Old Colony Square. I reported my card stolen and requested a new one. Im told to wait about a week for the card to come in the mail. About 2 weeks go by and nothing comes. I go back to the branch and tell them I never got my card and long story short, they tell me the request was never processed.

Anyway, in case anyone missed this, if B of A has ever caught you with their shady banking practices, namely hitting you with overdraft fees, you might be entitled to up to $78. The deadline for this is May 1, 2009.

You can find out more info here.

http://www.mymoneyblog.com/archives/2 ... ss-action-settlement.html

Posted on: 2009/3/24 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
I pay no fees, I guess I have the VIP special

Posted on: 2009/3/24 20:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
I hate B of A because of the customer service. I have 8 accounts with them yet they won't wave a 10 fee.

Has anyone used Chase?

Posted on: 2009/3/24 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
The people at the WaMu may be "so much better," but the WaMu is now closed....our options stink!

Posted on: 2009/3/24 20:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/8 16:02
From Grove St.
Group:
Registered Users
The same type of experience years back prompted me to change from Citibank to BoA. It's a typical big bank experience. If you want better customer service, the smaller regional banks and credit unions will be a better choice.

Posted on: 2009/3/24 18:45
Come on and rock me Amadeus

bank of america on newark ave
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Is it me, or are the people working in there brain dead? I'm not talking about the tellers, they are very nice and know what they are doing. It's the people at the front desks.

Every time they do something like open an account, issue a new mac card etc. they screw it up. I have two check cards connected to two separate checking accouns. I lost one of the cards a few weeks ago, so I went in there, told them it was lost and requested that it be cancelled and a new card issued. Even though I gave the woman the account number, she cancelled the wrong card.

Then I had to go back in there today and explain what happened. I got a really nasty attitude from the girl with the vacuous stare who was being paid to help me, like I was keeping her from her afternoon nap or something.

Even though I have all kinds of automatic monthly deductions connected to that account, and it will be a huge hassle to cancel the account I don't care. I can not go in there anymore and deal with dumb street people

The people at WAMU or so much more on the ball and more professional.

Posted on: 2009/3/24 18:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017