Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Teen "wolfpacks" engage in beatdowns downtown?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/27 12:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:

Actually, those are the three professions I would assume violent high school douchebags would take up.

LMAO!!!

to "justin" ^^^

unfortunately yeah it usually is at random... i mean if they see a a person or group of persons they can easily outnumber, yeah they attack... i used to see this a lot maybe 8 years ago at newport mall friday and saturday nights... i'm not sure if this still happens...

btw, i'm not sure if that was you're quesiton about the rumor or not...

i would LOVE to think that they have some type of respect and not go after a mother and her child but then again i wouldn't be surprised with the scum that the jersey city projects and such produce

Posted on: 2009/3/18 16:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/20 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
?knockout??I haven?t heard that in a long time?That was a factual game around here many years ago, but I do not know that it still exists?.or doesn?t?And, of course, it was a bad thing back then, and I certainly do not defend it. But, it was far different than what these High School sociopaths are about today. I am certain that I, a mom walking with her little boy, would be fair game these days?I was in Colony Square on Friday afternoon with my son around lunchtime, and when I saw the gangs of Ferris kids coming from around the corner, I took off?.fast!!! It?s a very sad state of affairs when your number one predator is a High School kid?..In the City, four or five cop cars surround the larger high schools at dismissal?.WE NEED MORE COPS!!!! With that being said, it?s also really important to keep a question from becoming a rumor?.Can anyone confirm that this even happened? And, if it did, was it really random?

Posted on: 2009/3/18 15:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:

Even people that I went to high school with that have done it you would be surprised that they all dont fit your profile of a young criminal. Some of them I heard today are Marines, Police officers, and some even work on Wall St.

Actually, those are the three professions I would assume violent high school douchebags would take up.

Posted on: 2009/3/18 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
[/quote]

I heard from acquaintances who in work in the JC education system that JC schoolkids get an adequate education.

Yeah, I didn't believe that either.[/quote]

Actually, I bet the teachers actually do attempt to teach them something. If their mamas sit on their fat asses and collect welfare while their daddies are nowhere to be found they join these packs that on some remote level resemble families. Why are people always so quick to blame the education system? Attend the next Board of Ed meeting and you can see what kind of parents we're dealing with. Keep in mind, those are the ones who actually care to attend the meeting.

Posted on: 2009/3/18 14:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/27 23:58
Group:
Registered Users
@cap?n jon:

Truly, my post was not meant to be a beef with Healy - in fact, the increase in teen-related crime isn?t just isolated to JC-- it?s a state-wide, probably nationwide trend--and arguably some socio-economic factors, the glamorization of violence in media, etc. are factors that are beyond the scope of a mayor?s municipal jurisdiction. I?m not here to debate that.

Moreover, my post puts readers on notice from the get-go that I am relaying what was told to me--so yes, by definition, it is hearsay. And as I noted by asking/wondering with a question, the gang connection is the speculation of my source, given the surrounding circumstances.

However, as a parent of kids who are of age to wander about the city by themselves after school, when I?m told such a story by someone who as far as I know has no reason to be make this up, my initial reaction is to worry. Thus, I posted because want to know if anyone out there has confirmation about this story? Are there any more details? Should I be worried, or not?

Posted on: 2009/3/18 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
isn't this post the same way the last bogus reports of violent crimes started ? was it for halloween? and the gangs murdering people?

sounds like this un-substantiated crime report is nothing more than another anti-Healy attack "more crime downtown, Healy does nothing" post...

Posted on: 2009/3/17 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fairviewguy wrote:
nice... listen i've lived in jersey city all my life... went to public schools all my life... have been around "bad crowds" and i know exactly what these wolfpacks look like...

i understand how this knockout "game" works but i haven't heard that for some time now... these packs nowadays are for the most part kids looking to cause trouble and in that maybe get something out of it (they check the pockets of their victims once the deed is done)

yeah i KNOW this...

i've gone to school near snyder, live near lincoln, and attended dickinson...

i've seen it all

What does a wolfpack look like then?

Posted on: 2009/3/17 20:20

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/30 18:45
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
I am so not getting out of my car down there again.

I always thought it was kinds like where i grew up in freeport Long Island. That part is ghetto but if you don't bother anyone then it's all good no one will really bother you.

Guess the lil rugrats like to hit.

I remember when in 5th or 6th grade like 50 kids were chasing this one kid.. but that was a gang thing. they got the kid but the cops were right behind them(50 black kids running kinda draw attention) and pulled everyone away.

I just walked right by no one bothered me.

Posted on: 2009/3/17 20:19

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

scribblejam wrote:
This doesn't really have anything to do with the wolfpacks but it does relate to the annoying kids.

There was a time i was on the path train and there was this kid sitting opposite me. He can't have been over 16. He proceeds to unroll his skull cap over his face and it had the eyes and mouth cut out of it. He then takes out a gun which i only realize a couple of seconds later is actually fake. He appears to keep cocking it keeping it slightly hidden from view. Everyone else on the train was half asleep and didn't notice what was going on, but within those few seconds before i realized it was fake, i had considered doing some serious damage to him.

If anyone had reacted and say knocked that kid unconcious (or a cop shot him), i bet his mother would be on the 10'oclock news saying what a good kid he is, how he had never done anything wrong and this is some senseless adult who should be ashamed of themselves.

AMEN!

Posted on: 2009/3/17 20:04

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
nice... listen i've lived in jersey city all my life... went to public schools all my life... have been around "bad crowds" and i know exactly what these wolfpacks look like...

i understand how this knockout "game" works but i haven't heard that for some time now... these packs nowadays are for the most part kids looking to cause trouble and in that maybe get something out of it (they check the pockets of their victims once the deed is done)

yeah i KNOW this...

i've gone to school near snyder, live near lincoln, and attended dickinson...

i've seen it all

Posted on: 2009/3/17 20:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/3/8 12:16
Group:
Registered Users
This doesn't really have anything to do with the wolfpacks but it does relate to the annoying kids.

There was a time i was on the path train and there was this kid sitting opposite me. He can't have been over 16. He proceeds to unroll his skull cap over his face and it had the eyes and mouth cut out of it. He then takes out a gun which i only realize a couple of seconds later is actually fake. He appears to keep cocking it keeping it slightly hidden from view. Everyone else on the train was half asleep and didn't notice what was going on, but within those few seconds before i realized it was fake, i had considered doing some serious damage to him.

If anyone had reacted and say knocked that kid unconcious (or a cop shot him), i bet his mother would be on the 10'oclock news saying what a good kid he is, how he had never done anything wrong and this is some senseless adult who should be ashamed of themselves.

Posted on: 2009/3/17 19:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fairviewguy wrote:
Quote:

caps wrote:
Quote:
It happened in Crackton! That is what i call that area. I enjoy bums banging on my car window while i wait in line to get some Mcdonald's or bums pissing behind my huisband's car. I also really enjoy the lovely people who have BBQ's in the parking lot over by the tree towards the highway. aaaah Crackton. so lovely. My form designed the School right next to it.

I thought some developer was required to put money into that shopping center to revamp it at some point or something. does anyone know about that?

who would really want to? i wouldn't invest a penny on this area... it's a hang out for low-lives... its sad just a nice school was built near such a dump of an establishment...

i know exactly what these wolfpacs, heyana pacs, low life thugs, etc. look like... i've seen them more and more frequent on my travels to downtown, especially near husdon county High school... and i don't know why the "heralded" JCPD doesn't spot them... when you see more than 3 individuals who fit the description of a one of these thugs (they stick out like a sore thumb) you KNOW they are up to no good.

TIP TO THE GOVERNMENT: RADICAL BEHAVIOR DEEMS RADICAL PROCEDURES

I doubt you would know what a "wolf pack" looks like. Knock out is a game played through out the city. I have seen and heard of kids that were involved in it of all different races, sizes, ages,personalities and styles of dress. Even people that I went to high school with that have done it you would be surprised that they all dont fit your profile of a young criminal. Some of them I heard today are Marines, Police officers, and some even work on Wall St. I have seen the police follow large groups before but if they arent committing a crime while being watched there isnt much the police can do they arent going to follow them all day.

Posted on: 2009/3/17 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

njlist wrote:
Heard this today from acquaintances who work in JC education system:

This past Friday after school, a group of about 40 teens (many from MS # 4, Montgomery projects, Booker T.), along with an older adult male, engaged in ?beatdowns? (think this is the right term?), targeting random passersby, one kid attacking, knocking down a victim and then the rest of the pack surrounding victim and savagely joining in. (sort of like the brick attack recently at Montgomery?)

This latest apparently occurred outside a Chinese restaurant at the Pathmark complex on Grand., in broad daylight, in the afternoon after-school Friday, and 2 other teens were apparently the victims of this pandemonium, beaten up, but then able to somehow get away and run.

The fact that it took place on Friday, the 13th, and the fact that there was an adult standing and watching (!) suggests that it may have perhaps been some sort of gang initiation?

Anyhow, some witnesses apparently called the police, but seems they were no-shows, and by then the pack had run and moved on.

Anyone else hear details about/confirmation re: this?

This sounds like the "game" knock out that is popular with kids and teens with something to prove to there friends. It has been around for a long time. They just go a round and try to knock out any person they come across. They are usually in groups of 5-30, it has been getting more violent over the years. I doubt though it would be Montgomery and Booker T projects together considering the bitter rivalry between the two projects have with each other.

Posted on: 2009/3/17 19:03

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caps wrote:
Quote:
It happened in Crackton! That is what i call that area. I enjoy bums banging on my car window while i wait in line to get some Mcdonald's or bums pissing behind my huisband's car. I also really enjoy the lovely people who have BBQ's in the parking lot over by the tree towards the highway. aaaah Crackton. so lovely. My form designed the School right next to it.

I thought some developer was required to put money into that shopping center to revamp it at some point or something. does anyone know about that?

who would really want to? i wouldn't invest a penny on this area... it's a hang out for low-lives... its sad just a nice school was built near such a dump of an establishment...

i know exactly what these wolfpacs, heyana pacs, low life thugs, etc. look like... i've seen them more and more frequent on my travels to downtown, especially near husdon county High school... and i don't know why the "heralded" JCPD doesn't spot them... when you see more than 3 individuals who fit the description of a one of these thugs (they stick out like a sore thumb) you KNOW they are up to no good.

TIP TO THE GOVERNMENT: RADICAL BEHAVIOR DEEMS RADICAL PROCEDURES

Posted on: 2009/3/17 17:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/22 20:18
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2009/3/17 15:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/30 18:45
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned

I walk by it on the wall everyday and think fondly on my experiences in that shopping center

Posted on: 2009/3/17 13:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

njlist wrote:

The fact that it took place on Friday, the 13th, and the fact that there was an adult standing and watching (!) suggests that it may have perhaps been some sort of gang initiation?

I heard from acquaintances who in work in the JC education system that JC schoolkids get an adequate education.

Yeah, I didn't believe that either.

Posted on: 2009/3/17 1:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
dare anyone use the word "animals"

Posted on: 2009/3/17 0:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This sort of activity would be better described as youth street styled choreography with random general public participation.

Posted on: 2009/3/16 23:46
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Please avoid the use of the term "wolfpacks" since Mayor Healy has rid Jersey City of the wolfpacks. The politically correct term now is "pack of hyenas". Thank you for your co-operation with the JC Mayors Commission on Effective Euphemisms

Yours truly;

Joseph Goebbels
Commissioner of Propaganda
280 Grove St.
J.C.N.J 07302

Posted on: 2009/3/16 22:10

Teen "wolfpacks" engage in beatdowns downtown?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/27 23:58
Group:
Registered Users

This past Friday after school, a group of about 40 teens (many from MS # 4, Montgomery projects, Booker T.), along with an older adult male, engaged in ?beatdowns? (think this is the right term?), targeting random passersby, one kid attacking, knocking down a victim and then the rest of the pack surrounding victim and savagely joining in. (sort of like the brick attack recently at Montgomery?)

This latest apparently occurred outside a Chinese restaurant at the Pathmark complex on Grand., in broad daylight, in the afternoon after-school Friday, and 2 other teens were apparently the victims of this pandemonium, beaten up, but then able to somehow get away and run.

Anyhow, some witnesses apparently called the police, but seems they were no-shows, and by then the pack had run and moved on.

Posted on: 2009/3/16 21:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017