Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »

Re: ANIMAL CONTROL dumps CATs/KiTTENS in Lincoln Park

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/8 12:45
Group:
Registered Users
I have sent letters out and hope others have done so also.

My cat is still missing =( but at least I can try and do something for his memory.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 18:52

Morgan Metius' LAWYER DEMANDS a state investigation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

I hope we get to the bottom of what happened but notice that there is still no collar or ID tag on Daisy the cat.

Also does getting a lawyer mean Morgan Metius is going to sue the Jersey City?

Resized Image
Resized Image
Photos from the Jersey Jounral
http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal
Quote:

croft wrote:
one of my cat has been wearing a collar & id tag for 8 years. every few months we change the collar and swap the id tag. he's also microchipped. my dog and other cat are next to get microchipped. they currently wear collars with id tags. the dog has his rabies tag and will soon have his renewed dog license tag.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 16:15

Morgan Metius' LAWYER DEMANDS a state investigation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
KITTY LAWYER DEMANDS
Seeks a state investigation of cat dumped by city officers

Monday, March 30, 2009
By CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The lawyer for the owner of a cat dumped in Lincoln Park last month by two Jersey City animal control officers is demanding the city hand over its internal investigation to the state.

Attorney Diana Jeffrey, who represents Morgan Metius, the Mercer Street owner of Daisy the cat, wrote to the city Thursday demanding that Chief Animal Control Officer Joseph Frank be removed from the investigation, alleging he cannot objectively investigate his own department.

After Daisy wandered into a next door neighbor's home on Friday Feb. 27, control officers left her in a wooded area in the park instead of taking her to a shelter, city officials said.

Daisy survived freezing temperatures and a snow storm before Frank was able to trap her five days later and return her unharmed to Metius.

In her letter to Mayor Jerramiah Healy and Council President Mariano Vega, Jeffrey suggests that the state Department of Health and Senior Services handle the probe and investigate if releasing stray cats into public places was "historical policy and practice" or a "one-time isolated incident."

Jeffrey's letter has been sent to the law department for review, said city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill, denying Division of Animal Control has a policy of dumping cats in parks.

Morrill said both control officers believed to be responsible for "the unacceptable act" have been disciplined, but declined to specify what penalties were meted out.

The internal investigation into whether they or any other animal control officer violated division policy in the past is "ongoing and expected to be completed in the coming weeks," she said.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 12:05

Re: Justice for Daisy
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
JERSEY JOURNAL

KITTY LAWYER DEMANDS

Seeks a state investigation of cat dumped by city officers
Monday, March 30, 2009
By CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The lawyer for the owner of a cat dumped in Lincoln Park last month by two Jersey City animal control officers is demanding the city hand over its internal investigation to the state.

Attorney Diana Jeffrey, who represents Morgan Metius, the Mercer Street owner of Daisy the cat, wrote to the city Thursday demanding that Chief Animal Control Officer Joseph Frank be removed from the investigation, alleging he cannot objectively investigate his own department.

After Daisy wandered into a next door neighbor's home on Friday Feb. 27, control officers left her in a wooded area in the park instead of taking her to a shelter, city officials said.

Daisy survived freezing temperatures and a snow storm before Frank was able to trap her five days later and return her unharmed to Metius.

In her letter to Mayor Jerramiah Healy and Council President Mariano Vega, Jeffrey suggests that the state Department of Health and Senior Services handle the probe and investigate if releasing stray cats into public places was "historical policy and practice" or a "one-time isolated incident."

Jeffrey's letter has been sent to the law department for review, said city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill, denying Division of Animal Control has a policy of dumping cats in parks.

Morrill said both control officers believed to be responsible for "the unacceptable act" have been disciplined, but declined to specify what penalties were meted out.

The internal investigation into whether they or any other animal control officer violated division policy in the past is "ongoing and expected to be completed in the coming weeks," she said.

?2009 Jersey Journal
? 2009 NJ.com All Rights Reserved.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 10:37

Animal Control Fiasco. Time to get rid of the lot of them!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/2 16:24
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
Do we really think Joe Frank will investigate this issue? Joe Frank IS this issue.

Not until he is removed from his role will we finally get the Animal Control that we deserve - a caring one!

How many abuses will these low lives get away with and not be removed from their jobs?

What can we do to finally rid the city of this parasite and his cronies who care nothing about the animals that JC entrusts to their "care"?

Here is the link to the Arnold Diaz ("Shame on You") expose in case anyone missed it.

www.myfoxny.com/subindex/news/shame

Posted on: 2009/3/27 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
one of my cat has been wearing a collar & id tag for 8 years. every few months we change the collar and swap the id tag. he's also microchipped. my dog and other cat are next to get microchipped. they currently wear collars with id tags. the dog has his rabies tag and will soon have his renewed dog license tag.

Posted on: 2009/3/27 6:55

Justice for Daisy
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The NJ State Department of Health and Senior Services oversees animal control certification. As such, it can also revoke these certifications.

We are asking your help to demand that the NJ State Dept of Health revoke or suspend the ACO certifications of Officers John Ross Jr. and Aaron Jordan who have admitted to dumping Daisy the cat in Lincoln Park.

Letters should go to:

Commissioner Heather Howard

State Department of Health and Senior Services

John Fitch Plaza

PO Box 360

Trenton, NJ 08625

Fax: 609-292- 0053

Email: www.state.nj.us/health/commiss/index.shtml

Send a copy of the letter via email to:

Renee Cirillo renee.cirillo@doh.state.nj.us

Heather Bialy heather.bialy@doh.state.nj.us

who are inspectors in the Division of Zoonotic Disease.

The New Jersey law requires a seven day stray hold for cats and dogs. These two animal control officers broke the law and need to be held accountable for their actions.

In addition to letter to the State Health Dept, you can also write to Mayor Healy and the JC Council President, Mariano Vega and demand that Joe Frank be removed from the investigation and that instead the City request assistance from the State Department of Health and Senior Services. It is a conflict of interest to have the head of a department investigate the department.

Mayor Healy fax is 201 547 4288 or 201 547 5442 or MayorHealy@jcnj.org

Council President Mariano Vega fax is 201 547 4678 or Mariano@jcnj.org

Thank you.

Posted on: 2009/3/27 1:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/30 0:28
From Belmont Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
There are several individuals maintaining feral cat colonies in Liberty State Park, including the marina and dry dock areas.

Posted on: 2009/3/26 19:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/30 16:31
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/3/26 18:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
After watching the video - it is clear that the owner STILL has not put a collar or ID tag on the cat! Geez

Dude, what's with you and the ID tags. Have you ever owned a cat? If you did, you would know how easily a kitty weasels out of them when it needs to come off.

"Dude?" What are you from Hoboken?

"Cat collars need to be safe, fit right, and have current ID tags."

Does Your Cat or Kitten have One?

Safe cat collars with identification tags should be worn by all cats! Yes, even indoor and microchipped cats should wear collars with pet identification tags!

Natural disasters happen every day (earthquakes, floods, fires, etc.) that can leave your cat outside and lost. A repairperson coming into your house while you are away, or someone accidentally leaving the door open, can allow your cat or kitten to wander away.

According to the ASPCA, very few cats without a collar and current identification are reunited with their people. These two items are essential for your cat's health and safety and for your peace of mind.

http://www.myhealthycat.com/cat-collars.html

Posted on: 2009/3/26 18:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
After watching the video - it is clear that the owner STILL has not put a collar or ID tag on the cat! Geez

Dude, what's with you and the ID tags. Have you ever owned a cat? If you did, you would know how easily a kitty weasels out of them when it needs to come off.

Posted on: 2009/3/26 17:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/3/26 15:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/9 18:52
Group:
Registered Users
walking my dogs to LSP in the early hours, I've been noticing a lot more cats especially in the marina area

Don't know if its just coincidence or related to this investigation

Posted on: 2009/3/26 15:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I hope the story hits its mark.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

91557 wrote:

From what I understand the officers were suspended without pay for a week isn't that enough with the way times are do you guys know if these offices have a family to feed no what do you care animals are more important the human I am embrassed to live in this city with the rest of you. Oh I forgot its election years so Mr. Fulop I guess you have support now from the animal origanization. Please lets talk about something of more interest like human beings being killed in our street stores. No don't get me wrong I am not a animal hater because I would never hurt one, but I find murders of human more interesting.

No it is not enough. They should lose their jobs and go to jail. I guess you haven't seen any of the studies that indicate a direct correlation between people that abuse animals and people that abuse people.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 2:05
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/25 0:59
Group:
Registered Users
Funny not married, and my brother lives out of state but next time I talk to him I will tell him that you wish he keeps his job. And I will go back to the 2nd grade when you come with me

Posted on: 2009/3/25 1:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

91557 wrote:
Ok JC Residents aren't you tired yet about this dam cat story already. I am a Jersey City resident that read the newpaper everyday and I see more important story about humans being killed on the streets of Jersey City and all you have to talk about is this dam lady cat where was she when her dam cat disappear in the first place. Here cat was returned unharmed already so stop with the dame cat story.
Arnold Diaz you should be embrassed that you bother yourself with worrying about a cat rather then any other things that are going here. Shame Shame on you Mr. Diaz.
From what I understand the officers were suspended without pay for a week isn't that enough with the way times are do you guys know if these offices have a family to feed no what do you care animals are more important the human I am embrassed to live in this city with the rest of you. Oh I forgot its election years so Mr. Fulop I guess you have support now from the animal origanization. Please lets talk about something of more interest like human beings being killed in our street stores. No don't get me wrong I am not a animal hater because I would never hurt one, but I find murders of human more interesting.

This is FUNNY! Don't worry, I'm sure your husband or brother or whatever will get to keep his job. You, on the other hand, need to go back to second grade and start over.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 0:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/25 0:59
Group:
Registered Users
Ok JC Residents aren't you tired yet about this dam cat story already. I am a Jersey City resident that read the newpaper everyday and I see more important story about humans being killed on the streets of Jersey City and all you have to talk about is this dam lady cat where was she when her dam cat disappear in the first place. Here cat was returned unharmed already so stop with the dame cat story.
Arnold Diaz you should be embrassed that you bother yourself with worrying about a cat rather then any other things that are going here. Shame Shame on you Mr. Diaz.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 0:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Great update!!!
Arnold Diaz of "Shame on You" has done a story on this which will air tomorrow night (Wed.) at 10pm on Fox.

I will be sure to watch & see what happens in the future with the Animal Control with this exposure!

Posted on: 2009/3/24 11:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Arnold Diaz of "Shame on You" has done a story on this which will air tomorrow night (Wed.) at 10pm on Fox.

Posted on: 2009/3/24 10:26

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/16 23:23
Group:
Registered Users
Do you know which ones of the 5 will be returned, which ones are going to fosters and the ones still at Liberty?

Posted on: 2009/3/16 23:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
are you talking about Pink, the kitten, as the skittish one?

I'm glad Hemmingway was reclaimed!

Posted on: 2009/3/15 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Here's an update as of today:

Total cats neutered and returned last Friday: 6
Total cats scheduled to be neutered and returned: 5
Total cats in foster homes for socialization: 2
Total cats reclaimed/adopted: 1 (Hemingway)
Total cats still at shelter: 8

Total: 22 cats

We need a foster home to socialize one remaining skittish cat. Please email companionanimaltrust@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Thanks.

Quote:

CatsnDogs wrote:
Here's a quick update on the Lincoln Park cats. Six of the ferals have been spayed and neutered and will be returned to the park on Friday. There were 2 males and 4 females.
A seventh cat we feel is tame and will go to LHS.

All 14 of the cats currently at LHS are being given time to quiet down so it can be decided how tame they are. If any of them turn out to not be socialized enough for adoption, then Companion Animal Trust will take them back, spay and neuter them and return them to the park.

None of these cats will be harmed or euthanized.

We hope to arrange a second mass trapping in April.

Quote:

animallover wrote:
They are not up for adoption..What if some of them have their "evaluations" concluded that they are not adoptable or feral?
Then they should be brought back to the group who trapped them, and they should be fixed and returned just like the others ..Just b/c there were some 2 idiots doing a shameful act at AC ,which lead to this mass trapping trying to find someones cat, other ones shouldnt be victims..that is just wrong..

Posted on: 2009/3/15 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The cats are still on their stray hold. A 15th cat came in around Wednesday. As itsaurora said, the cats will be held, evaluated, and then the appropriate actions will be taken. Those unadoptable via LHS will be returned to the rescue to decide whether they should be worked with or neutered/spayed and returned to the park. Sounds reasonable, right?

Posted on: 2009/3/15 20:31

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 8:40
Group:
Banned
what's the latest?

Posted on: 2009/3/15 15:50

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/12 15:40
Group:
Registered Users
I really hope they all are deemed adoptable or go to fosters, thats what I'd love to see, trust me, but what I think is that the absolute worse case scenario for them would be to have them fixed and returned if they are not considered adoptable or can be worked with in fosters ....i just would think it would be wrong to euthanize any of them...I wouldnt want any of them to slip thru the cracks, which would offset any of the great work thats being done here by everyone..It would be so great if this unfortunate incident with AC spurned this on and turned out to be a blessing for these other cats, getting another chance at a home..I hope they all get that but I just dont want to see some of them euthanized..thanks for the updates, much appreciated...and keep the updates coming!

Posted on: 2009/3/12 15:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/8 12:45
Group:
Registered Users
Unfortunately, I still haven't found my kitty. =( It's two weeks ago tonight. I just hope that he found another good home to take care of him and that he isn't wandering around lost.
I went to the Shelter Tuesday and saw the kitties from Lin. Park. Most of them were really friendly, sweet, and adorable. I do hope that other lost kitty owners will take a moment and stop by. The staff is really nice and there is one kitty that runs around and likes to climb up on legs, until you pick him up.
Thank you to all the volunteers. I submitted an application to volunteer too. =)

Posted on: 2009/3/12 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Here's a quick update on the Lincoln Park cats. Six of the ferals have been spayed and neutered and will be returned to the park on Friday. There were 2 males and 4 females.
A seventh cat we feel is tame and will go to LHS.

All 14 of the cats currently at LHS are being given time to quiet down so it can be decided how tame they are. If any of them turn out to not be socialized enough for adoption, then Companion Animal Trust will take them back, spay and neuter them and return them to the park.

None of these cats will be harmed or euthanized.

We hope to arrange a second mass trapping in April.

Quote:

animallover wrote:
They are not up for adoption..What if some of them have their "evaluations" concluded that they are not adoptable or feral?
Then they should be brought back to the group who trapped them, and they should be fixed and returned just like the others ..Just b/c there were some 2 idiots doing a shameful act at AC ,which lead to this mass trapping trying to find someones cat, other ones shouldnt be victims..that is just wrong..

Posted on: 2009/3/12 1:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/30 0:28
From Belmont Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
They are not up for adoption because they are still under the state mandated stray hold, which is 7 days. If any of them prove to be unadoptable, they will go back to the group who trapped them. They will decide whether to TNR or work with them in foster homes.

Sounds like that's exactly what you're looking for?

Posted on: 2009/3/11 23:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/12 15:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/3/11 23:35

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017