Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 65

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Councilman Steve Lipski accused of telling officials at his charter school to keep silent
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/2/17 2:48
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Councilman Steve Lipski accused of telling officials at his charter school to keep silent

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/20 19:44
Group:
Banned
Mr. Piss-ski is in the dog house again.

Posted on: 2009/2/17 1:40

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/22 12:59
Group:
Registered Users
Two years ago I got to know a guy who substituted at Create on a regular basis. He told me few days went by without a fight happening in the school. The fact that you'll never read about them it testimony to Lipski's hush rule.

For the record, Epps has no control over who operates a charter school.

Posted on: 2009/2/16 14:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
If Epps had any courage he would work to have Lipski removed at Create. That or pull the school's charter.

Posted on: 2009/2/16 3:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Filed in Hudson County Superior Court on Jan. 29....According to the lawsuit, Lipski literally ripped up about 90 school violence reports Bennett was about to report for the 2006-2007 school year.

The suit was filed on January 29, the same day the JJ article announced that he had decided not to run again. Purely a coincidence no doubt.

Posted on: 2009/2/16 2:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Surprise f---ing surprise, Lipski in the news again, and not for a good reason. I wonder if anyone will bring this up on the JCSchools Yahoo discussion group. Even though Lipski has said he will not run for city council again, he doesn't deserve to continue running a publicly-funded school with our tax dollars. You reap what you sowe Mr. Lipski.

Posted on: 2009/2/16 1:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
There is absolutely nothing honorable left about this guy. I wish he would move away and never tell anyone he was ever here.

Agree. Enough of his Blood, Sweat and ...uh..., well you know what I mean.

Posted on: 2009/2/16 0:15
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Lipski is NO educator, just a greedy little siht out for a buck - I feel for his family that has to put up with this bully and his unrepentant asinine ways.

Posted on: 2009/2/16 0:15
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
There is absolutely nothing honorable left about this guy. I wish he would move away and never tell anyone he was ever here.

Posted on: 2009/2/16 0:09

Councilman Steve Lipski accused of telling officials at his charter school to keep silent
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City Councilman Steve Lipski accused of telling officials at his charter school to keep silent about school violence incidents

by The Jersey Journal

Sunday February 15, 2009, 2:47 PM
Jersey Journal file photoJersey City Councilman Steve Lipski, the founder and director of CREATE Charter School, has been accused in a lawsuit of telling two former school officials not to report incidents of violence at the school.

Two former school officials at CREATE Charter School in Jersey City have accused Jersey City Councilman Steve Lipski, the founder and director of the school, of pressuring them not to report incidents of violence at the Lembeck Avenue school, according to a story in tomorrow's Jersey Journal.

Filed in Hudson County Superior Court on Jan. 29 by the former principal, Najla Solomon, and the former dean of students, Gloria Bennett, the lawsuit says that when the officials bucked Lipski's wishes, he retaliated against them and fired them.

Lipski tells Journal reporter Ken Thorbourne the allegations are "hogwash" and that he looks forward to clearing his and the school's name in court.

According to the lawsuit, Lipski literally ripped up about 90 school violence reports Bennett was about to report for the 2006-2007 school year. That year, the school wound up submitting just 10 incidents to the state, according to the lawsuit.

The following year, "a huge brawl" took place at the school, in which students were injured and some students were threatened with guns, the lawsuit states.

But again, Lipski refused to allow Bennett or Solomon report the incident to the police or county school officials because "it would look bad for the school," according to the complaint.

Bennett worked at the school from July 2007 to February 2008 and was let go for "budgetary reasons" along with two teachers, Lipski said.

Lipski said Solomon, who worked at the school from May 2006 to March 2008, was let go for cause, but he declined to elaborate since the matter is in court.

The plaintiffs are seeking reinstatement, back pay, punitive damages and attorney fees.

Lipski has until the first week of March to file an answer in court.

Last month, Lipski pleaded no contest to charges he urinated on concertgoers at a Washington, D.C., nightclub in November.

Lipski blamed a drinking problem for the incident and received probation. He has since announced he is not seeking re-election this year.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... councilman_steve_l_1.html

Posted on: 2009/2/15 21:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017