Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Enforcement of anti-smoking laws in JC
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/22 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
The thing that annoys me the most is parents that smoke in their cars with their kids are in the back seat - I call that neglect and endangering children. The fines should be in the $1000's.

That drives me crazy as well. I also get annoyed when I see parents carrying their children with a cigarette hanging out of their mouth. I just feel that the cigarette can wait until after the child is home or far enough away that they will not be inhaling the second-hand smoke. My dad smoked around me all the time when I was younger and I remember him taking me to the doctor for a sore throat or a cough and he would be smoking in the car. It would make me feel even more sick and it hurt my throat real bad. I smoked up until a year ago and I never would smoke around kids. Even passing them on the street I would move away and switch the cigarette to the opposite hand. Smoking parents need to put their child's health before their addiction.

Posted on: 2009/2/15 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
The thing that annoys me the most is parents that smoke in their cars with their kids are in the back seat - I call that neglect and endangering children. The fines should be in the $1000's.

Posted on: 2009/2/14 21:34
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:
Thanks, Charon.

As I expected, the State of New Jersey leaves the enforcement of this law to business owners.

Putting them at risk of dealing with potentially violent customers, and losing income.

All bark and no bite, New Jersey.

I don't enjoy smoky bars any more than smoky restaurants. But once in a while, I used to meet a friend for a drink at a bar in my neighborhood. Real old-time place, tacky charm, decent booze.

I went in one time after the law had changed and was surprised to find a bunch of people hanging around smoking up a storm. It was way smokier than I'd ever seen it. I went to the other end of the bar to try to get away from it and met my friend.

When the bartender asked what I wanted, I questioned him about it. He smiled and said, "I don't see anybody smoking." I told him I'd have to leave which seemed fine with him, so we did. Turns out it was a bunch of _______'s cronies and it is now their haunt, smoke and all.

I'm sure they don't miss my business...just more Jersey City BS.

Posted on: 2009/2/14 19:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Thanks, Charon.

As I expected, the State of New Jersey leaves the enforcement of this law to business owners.

Putting them at risk of dealing with potentially violent customers, and losing income.

All bark and no bite, New Jersey.

Posted on: 2009/2/14 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
If someone is smoking illegally in a restaurant, bar, supermarket, deli or other business licensed by the Jersey City Division of Health, the Health Div. will issue fines against the business that allows the smoking to occur. If an owner of a business wishes to remove a smoking patron, they can call the Jersey City Police.

The Barge Inn in downtown Jersey City blatantly allows patrons to smoke. Complaints have been filed against them.

Posted on: 2009/2/14 15:39

Enforcement of anti-smoking laws in JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
So how does the illustrious State of New Jersey enforce its own anti-smoking laws?

There is an a-hole in my neighborhood who shops in a local deli while smoking a cigar.

Every friggin time. Blatantly. Stinks the joint up. Does not care.

The shopkeeper chokes on the fumes, but what is she supposed to do, kick the customer out in this economy?

So my question to the group is - who enforces the state anti-smoking law in Jersey City?

State troopers? Local cops? Who?

Because the next time I see this guy in the deli, I am going to tell him that if he does not take his stogie outside immediately, I am calling... well... whom?

Posted on: 2009/2/14 15:08

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017