Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Armed robbers make getaway along light rail tracks in Downtown
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/17 23:54
Group:
Registered Users
It actually is pretty feasible. I worked in the vicinity of rock center for several years and witnessed my share of purse snatchings during the day with a fairly heavy police presence.

Plenty of robberies happen during broad daylight. You may have more witnesses but it's also easier to blend into a crowd.

Posted on: 2009/2/13 19:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
No, because it's common sense that armed robbery at noon in the middle of a crowded street littered with cops is not very feasiable. Therefore it is most likely at midnight when the area is empty and there are no cops around by the 77 construction site or the waterfront rails.

And way to curse out everyone who works at the waterfront who you never met, just because people work in the financial industry does not mean they are d-bags or that they caused this mess. Most work regular office jobs like in any other company, and paying high taxes so scum like you can feed off of.

This is a classic example of a premium grade A jclist hater.

Quote:

hudsonhorizons wrote:
Quote:

wibbit wrote:

it has to be at midnight. I work right by the waterfront there, at noon there are tons of people getting lunch etc, there is no way 2 guys running on the track would be able to get away.

Why, coz a bunch of scared shitless d-bag finance industry yuppies might throw a latt? at them?

Flame on indeed, pussoir.

Posted on: 2009/2/13 16:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/16 19:10
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hudsonhorizons wrote:
Quote:

wibbit wrote:
Quote:

mfadam wrote:
I'm confused did this mugging happen at noon or midnight?

If it happened during the daytime that's quite brazen. I can't imagine that would help the city's pitch for more comapnies to move to "wall st west.".

it has to be at midnight. I work right by the waterfront there, at noon there are tons of people getting lunch etc, there is no way 2 guys running on the track would be able to get away.

Why, coz a bunch of scared shitless d-bag finance industry yuppies might throw a latt? at them?

What a STUPID comment. If it is noon, there are many more witnesses to the society draining thugs that commit these crimes. Maybe NJ should legalize concealed weapons and make it fair.

Those awful yuppies, with their jobs, and their tax paying, and the lattes they buy at local businesses. Give me those thugs that are probably receiving food stamps, monthly welfare checks, and scaring honest citizens away from Downtown Jersey City.

Posted on: 2009/2/13 15:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Why vote Healy? As top dog he's responsible for crime all pver Jersey City. Healy is the one who needs to be voted out more than any of the others.Quote:

regulator wrote:
using the transitive property of life... if gaughan is to blame for crime in the heights, then this recent outbreak of robberies and shootings downtown must be fulop's fault... vote healy and his republican councilman for DTJC councilman!

Posted on: 2009/2/13 11:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/30 1:35
Group:
Banned
Quote:

wibbit wrote:
Quote:

mfadam wrote:

If it happened during the daytime that's quite brazen. I can't imagine that would help the city's pitch for more comapnies to move to "wall st west.".

Posted on: 2009/2/13 5:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

mfadam wrote:

Posted on: 2009/2/12 21:34

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/30 1:35
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Annod wrote:
Noon?

Also, Hudson Street and Essex Street is where the light rail, Liberty Terrace, Liberty Towers, and the Goldman Sachs Tower are. If you run east on Essex Street, you will be running right in front of the security guards at Goldman Sachs, and you will be heading straight into the Hudson River.

The light rail has cameras, but they only care about their vending machines. All these buildings have security, but they are useless to the people on the street.

=========================================

Gunpoint robbery at noon on Essex St. Downtown

Thursday, February 12, 2009

A New York City man was robbed at gunpoint in Downtown Jersey City yesterday morning and the thieves escaped by running away along the Light Rail tracks, officials said.

Officers sent to Hudson and Essex streets at 12:03 a.m. met the 25-year-old victim, who told them two men approached him and one had what looked like a black revolver, reports said.

One man said to the victim, "Give me your money and your phone and I'll kill you if you don't give me the cash," reports said.

The victim gave them $50 from his wallet and handed over his $400 cell phone before the pair took off running east on Essex, reports said.

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/jerse ... 34423579144590.xml&coll=3

Hey Jerky Journal, NOON = 12:00PM. So either you all were absent that day in elementary school, or the 12:03a.m. is a typo. WHICH IS IT?

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/2/12 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/2/12 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
I can't wait to move outta this hell hole.

Same here, let these idiots rob each other. Oh and feel free to interpret whatever you like by "these idiots". We love to do that on this site ;)

Posted on: 2009/2/12 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ThirdStreet wrote:
The newspapers really should start putting detailed info about the perpetrators in the future. age, ethnicity, height,accent, clothing and whatever else the victim was able catch. " two men " doesn't exactly help us.

seriously.. whenever there are witnesses to a serious crime, the JJ has no problem listing their name and even what part of town theyre from (potentially and unnecessarily putting the witnesses at risk for retaliation).. but then they leave out any relevant info about the perps

Posted on: 2009/2/12 16:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
The newspapers really should start putting detailed info about the perpetrators in the future. age, ethnicity, height,accent, clothing and whatever else the victim was able catch. " two men " doesn't exactly help us.

Posted on: 2009/2/12 16:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:
One officer boarded a light rail train as soon as he arrived at the scene and road to the Liberty State Park station but didn't see the thieves, reports said.

"road" the light rail, not "rode".

Jersey Journal is the only newspaper with blind proofreaders.

This city has really gone down the shitter.

But: CRIME IS DOWN; HEALY SAID SO!!!

Posted on: 2009/2/12 13:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Noon?

Also, Hudson Street and Essex Street is where the light rail, Liberty Terrace, Liberty Towers, and the Goldman Sachs Tower are. If you run east on Essex Street, you will be running right in front of the security guards at Goldman Sachs, and you will be heading straight into the Hudson River.

The light rail has cameras, but they only care about their vending machines. All these buildings have security, but they are useless to the people on the street.

=========================================

Gunpoint robbery at noon on Essex St. Downtown

Thursday, February 12, 2009

A New York City man was robbed at gunpoint in Downtown Jersey City yesterday morning and the thieves escaped by running away along the Light Rail tracks, officials said.

Officers sent to Hudson and Essex streets at 12:03 a.m. met the 25-year-old victim, who told them two men approached him and one had what looked like a black revolver, reports said.

One man said to the victim, "Give me your money and your phone and I'll kill you if you don't give me the cash," reports said.

The victim gave them $50 from his wallet and handed over his $400 cell phone before the pair took off running east on Essex, reports said.

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/jerse ... 34423579144590.xml&coll=3

Posted on: 2009/2/12 12:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
using the transitive property of life... if gaughan is to blame for crime in the heights, then this recent outbreak of robberies and shootings downtown must be fulop's fault... vote healy and his republican councilman for DTJC councilman!

Posted on: 2009/2/12 3:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

wibbit wrote:
Quote:

Jako wrote:
I wonder if they'll be charged with trespassing

of course not! the trespassing ticket would cost more than the 50 bucks they got. So i am sure they only stayed on the tracks and did not step onto the platform like that gary guy!

I thought the same thing! The irony would be funny...except it's not. Where was GaryG's cop when we needed him?

Posted on: 2009/2/12 3:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
I can't wait to move outta this hell hole.

Posted on: 2009/2/12 2:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Jako wrote:

of course not! the trespassing ticket would cost more than the 50 bucks they got. So i am sure they only stayed on the tracks and did not step onto the platform like that gary guy!

Posted on: 2009/2/12 2:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/4 14:20
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/2/12 1:00
Myth: Pancakes are for breakfast.

Fact: There are no rules when it comes to pancakes.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

The victim gave the duo $50 from his wallet and handed over his $400 cell phone before the pair took off running east on Essex Street, reports said.

One officer boarded a light rail train as soon as he arrived at the scene and road to the Liberty State Park station but didn't see the thieves, reports said.

They headed east? Officer went west? Bad reporting?

Posted on: 2009/2/11 23:54

Armed robbers make getaway along light rail tracks in Downtown
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Armed robbers make getaway along light rail tracks in Downtown Jersey City this morning
by Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
Wednesday February 11, 2009, 5:07 PM
A New York City man was robbed at gunpoint in Downtown Jersey City early this morning and the thieves made their escape by running away along the light rail tracks, officials said.

Officers dispatched to Hudson and Essex streets at 12:03 a.m. met the 25-year-old man who told them two men approached him, one of whom had what looked like a black revolver, reports said.

He said, "Give my ya money and ya phone and I'll kill ya if ya don't' give me the cash," reports said.

The victim gave the duo $50 from his wallet and handed over his $400 cell phone before the pair took off running east on Essex Street, reports said.

Police later found three males fitting the description of the robbers but the victim said themen who robbed him weren't among them, reports said.

Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to call the Jersey City Police Department tipline at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 22:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017